• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Q&A The official "Ask Your Questions" thread

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
The Swedes told me that Nedech beat Calle W's Ganon..... Not his main.
Oh, dang. Welp.
Zoler told me Nedech was better than I was though when I was playing him on Sunday. I'm inclined to believe him.

Zoler

Smash Ace
Oh, dang. Welp.
Zoler told me Nedech was better than I was though when I was playing him on Sunday. I'm inclined to believe him.
Yes, it was Calle W's ganon, though Nedech is still good :) Also IIRC nedech beat calle w's falco like 1 year ago or something, but I might be wrong.

Max?

Smash Champion
But he mains Falco so he's clearly a fraud at this game, and thus is most likely not good with DK at all.

Max?

Smash Champion
His dtilt/dair and fair are all jank as hell too. And let's not sleep on his UpB.

I think Phish-it is the best DK.... besides me of course

GooeyBanana

Smash Lord
Are there any solid tips against Pikachu? Like what are going to be my most common killing moves, and how do I go about approaching him? Is there anything I should look to CC? Can you SDI out of his friggin dsmash xP? His nair likes to go over my dtilt a lot, and his smaller figure(+ even smaller when he crouches to dtilt) makes him harder to hit with a quick bair...dunno if there's any tips for fixing that though other than...maybe trying to u-ftilt instead of dtilt when I predict an approach? And the bair part...the obvious thing would be to do it lower, but usually I'm hit by then, so I'm not too sure what to do instead xD He's fun to CC dsmash KO, although that happens rarely it seems. Most of my kills seem to be cargo uthrow to dj uair or uair juggles till 70-80% then giant punch.

I'll try and get some vids recorded soon to show how my DK is coming along =P I need to still learn how to use upB more...

Max?

Smash Champion
DK can't really CC **** cause he's terrible. In order to beat Pikachu, use a space animal, bair and platform camp a lot

Or pick Doc/Climbers/Sheik, CC grab anything he does and then CG him -> simple death combo cause Pikachu's weight is great for comboing and he's light.

DK sucks

phish-it

Smash Champion
DK can really CC everything cause he's huge. In order to beat Pikachu, use bair and platform camp a lot

Or pick Doc/Climbers/Sheik, CC grab anything he does and then up-air him -> simple death combo cause Pikachu's weight is great for comboing and he's light.

Monk rocks

Fixed for ya.

Niko45

Smash Master
DK can't really CC **** cause he's terrible. In order to beat Pikachu, use a space animal, bair and platform camp a lot

Or pick Doc/Climbers/Sheik, CC grab anything he does and then CG him -> simple death combo cause Pikachu's weight is great for comboing and he's light.

DK sucks
Finally, some real DK advice

Max?

Smash Champion
Finally, some real DK advice
I aim to please.

Ask all questions onto the OT. And Strongbad, you should change the name of the thread to

The Official "Ask The OT" About DK thread.

I'm really trying to push the metagame here by showing you guys what is actually going on in Melee today. A large portion of that is to not use ****ty characters.

Max?

Smash Champion
**** the metagame, and yeah, we've gotta work something out for this week or next week.
Don't think I'm hating on the Kong, I use Doc and he's pretty ****ing awful too. It's more fun when you use ****ty characters anyway.

You already know tho, let's get some bigs and huges going.

crush

Smash Master
hey OTG thanks for making this thread i need to know some DK tips: what do i do vs falco? his bair is better than mine, and he has a bunch of other good moves while i dont have any and im not fast either. is bair even good in the first place? or just good compared to DK's other **** moves? if DK's bair ran for president would it be more like Sarah Palin or Michele Bachman? how many times should i bair per match? how much better are you then strong bad?

Max?

Smash Champion
hey OTG thanks for making this thread i need to know some DK tips: what do i do vs falco? his bair is better than mine, and he has a bunch of other good moves while i dont have any and im not fast either. is bair even good in the first place? or just good compared to DK's other **** moves? if DK's bair ran for president would it be more like Sarah Palin or Michele Bachman? how many times should i bair per match? how much better are you then strong bad?
Crush, you bring up some very serious questions, and I thank you for asking them. The fact is, a lot of people are scared to even broach the subject matter that surrounds these questions. Let me try to answer them as best as I possibly can.

Vs. Falco:

The sad truth is, there is not much you can do vs. Falco. The matchup is in fact 90-10 in his favor as long as the Falco player has the mental capacity of a 3 year old, and even then I've seen fetus Falco mains even take down the mightiest of Kongs. To answer your question a little further, Falco's bair is infact the best move in the game, and Falco mains who do not ***** this move out exclusively are playing him incorrectly.

I would suggest tracking down PC Kip as soon as possible and ask him to play against you, but be careful, if you play him for more than a half hour you will want to kill yourself. While this post is generally troll in nature, I am not kidding about how good bair and by direct relation, PC Kip are. That dude ***** Ice before Apex while he was playing incredibly good, and then again after Apex after reality set in that he was a fraud.

Now moving on.

DK's bair is quite good, but not as good as Falco's bair. As a result, DK is obsolete. The reality is his best move is his taunt, and while it might seem risky to use it mid combo, you should do it regardless of whether or not there is a better alternative, for you are in fact using DK and clearly don't care about winning anyway.

If DK's bair ran for President, I would equate it to Sarah Palin, because that ***** is hot and quite ********, but clearly not meant to actually win. I would say this metaphor is actually perfect for describing DK's role in this game, and in particular, his bair.

You should Bair as much as possible, as it is DK's second best move besides Taunt. He has other situational/OK moves such as Dtilt, UpB, Dair, Uair, Fair, Grab and Charge Punch. Note that using these moves is a dangerous gamble, and I would suggest Taunting primarily, and sometimes bairing.

Finally, Strongbad actually mains DK and is one of the few people who does so. As a result, he is a better DK player than me. But he has never ***** PC Jona, and as such I feel I am the greatest Kong to ever exist.

Let me demonstrate. Crush, I feel you'll find this video sums up a lot of what I just discussed. Not only is it me ****** PC Jona with DK, but he is using Falco. Note my usage of Taunt, and my limited usage of his other/obsolete moves.

Enjoy:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hCDgG5ktUsM

Here is a more recent video of my DK vs. someone who is not PC Jona, so thus it should be ignored, but it's worthy of my greatness anyway, and I think proves once again that my KONG is infact the greatest of all time and greater than all that will come after I die:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E7l1cIILu38

I hope this answers all your questions Crush. Feel free to consult me again, as I know all.

MEXICAN

Smash Lord
Crush, you bring up some very serious questions, and I thank you for asking them. The fact is, a lot of people are scared to even broach the subject matter that surrounds these questions. Let me try to answer them as best as I possibly can.

Vs. Falco:

The sad truth is, there is not much you can do vs. Falco. The matchup is in fact 90-10 in his favor as long as the Falco player has the mental capacity of a 3 year old, and even then I've seen fetus Falco mains even take down the mightiest of Kongs. To answer your question a little further, Falco's bair is infact the best move in the game, and Falco mains who do not ***** this move out exclusively are playing him incorrectly.

I would suggest tracking down PC Kip as soon as possible and ask him to play against you, but be careful, if you play him for more than a half hour you will want to kill yourself. While this post is generally troll in nature, I am not kidding about how good bair and by direct relation, PC Kip are. That dude ***** Ice before Apex while he was playing incredibly good, and then again after Apex after reality set in that he was a fraud.

Now moving on.

DK's bair is quite good, but not as good as Falco's bair. As a result, DK is obsolete. The reality is his best move is his taunt, and while it might seem risky to use it mid combo, you should do it regardless of whether or not there is a better alternative, for you are in fact using DK and clearly don't care about winning anyway.

If DK's bair ran for President, I would equate it to Sarah Palin, because that ***** is hot and quite ********, but clearly not meant to actually win. I would say this metaphor is actually perfect for describing DK's role in this game, and in particular, his bair.

You should Bair as much as possible, as it is DK's second best move besides Taunt. He has other situational/OK moves such as Dtilt, UpB, Dair, Uair, Fair, Grab and Charge Punch. Note that using these moves is a dangerous gamble, and I would suggest Taunting primarily, and sometimes bairing.

Finally, Strongbad actually mains DK and is one of the few people who does so. As a result, he is a better DK player than me. But he has never ***** PC Jona, and as such I feel I am the greatest Kong to ever exist.

Let me demonstrate. Crush, I feel you'll find this video sums up a lot of what I just discussed. Not only is it me ****** PC Jona with DK, but he is using Falco. Note my usage of Taunt, and my limited usage of his other/obsolete moves.

Enjoy:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hCDgG5ktUsM

Here is a more recent video of my DK vs. someone who is not PC Jona, so thus it should be ignored, but it's worthy of my greatness anyway, and I think proves once again that my KONG is infact the greatest of all time and greater than all that will come after I die:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E7l1cIILu38

I hope this answers all your questions Crush. Feel free to consult me again, as I know all.
probably the best post in this thread. I don't have anywhere near the patience to write something so long for comedic purposes. Good job sir. lol

crush

Smash Master
wow thanks OTG, thats better advice than what strong bad could ever give me.

i still think strong bad deseerves top 50 DK's in the world right now though

Max?

Smash Champion
wow thanks OTG, thats better advice than what strong bad could ever give me.

i still think strong bad deseerves top 50 DK's in the world right now though
I do what I can Crush, feel free to come back with any problems you have in the future.

Top Bottom