• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official APEX 2012 Results Thread! ALL RESULTS UP. International takes it all!

ruhtraeel

Smash Ace
Has PP said anything yet? We all miss him in the Falco boards and we want to hear his thoughts on Javi etc

I would root for Armada, he has so much dedication in the game and you can tell that he wants to win so bad...

I definitely do not root for Hbox as a player because he makes smash less fun,

but I root for him as a person. Of what I've seen he's a really really nice guy, like how he gave props to Javi after playing him, even though everyone was rooting against him

But goddamn Javi... keep steamrolling everyone until you get on top. I know you have what it takes.

And I root for Kage because he is awesome. And KirbyKaze, and Unknown, and the rest of my fellow Canadians.

And I root for Axe cause he looks like the nicest most chill guy ever.

But yeah if you manage to be top in the world but still be humble, that's a big +1 IMO

BTW where's the video where M2K gets cheered against or whatever?

EDIT:
I find the lack of Spectred Silences disturbing...

Alex Strife

Smash Hero
just need people to pm me their info and i'll paypal/mail checks

btw...this is probably my last tournament...will do a full write up I just got home an hour or so ago.

xFats

Smash Apprentice
Sup guys.

SHOUTOUTS TO ME PLACING THE SAME AS ZUCCO IN MARVEL IM OBV A GOD.

shoutouts to the super skrull.

Alex Strife

Smash Hero
top 8 for each game

those payouts were wrong ( bio posted it for me thanks bio )

singles for melee

1: Armada ($3,046.50)
2: Hungrybox ($1489.40)
3: Mango ($804)
4: Javi ($536)
5: Dr Peepee ($270.80)
5: KirbyKaze ($270.80)
7: Hax ($169.25)
7: Shroomed ($169.25)

Doubles for melee

1: Armada + Mew2King (Armada + Mew2King) ($882)
2: Hungrybox + Plup (Hungrybox + Plup) ($431.20)
3: Dr Peepee + LoZR (Dr Peepee + LoZR) ($235.20)
4: G$ + Mango (156.80)
5: Chu Dat + Kage (Chu Dat + Kage) ($78.40)
5: Hax + Jman (Hax + Jman) ($78.40)
7: Colbol + Linguini (Colbol + Linguini) ($49)
7: Alukard + DJ Nintendo (Alukard + DJ Nintendo) ($49)

Mota

"The snake, knowing itself, strikes swiftly"
With the hype the picture is getting, I needed to post this up. Footage I took the crowd and OCEAN as he won the set from the same POV of the camera that took the picture. Pardon my finger at times: I was holding the phone up and away to get as good of a shot as possible and I was trying to re-adjust my grip : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kVgZbH5ljgQ&feature=youtu.be

Photo is just straight up epic!!!

So many different faces and emotions. Ally and Rain haha

D

Deleted member

ok i'll do a quick shout-outs to people because **** it:

druggedfox: i hunted your teammate. **** samus, shout out to feet.
guy that played samus: you have a feet weakness.
tai: my ness was not a fan. great sadness. no pun.
dr peepee: you missed out on a 5 hour mr bean marathon. what were you thinking.
shroudedone: you said hi and i said hi. deep conversation was deep.
epsilon: give me my DS back. chu said you have it in your car. i need my DS to be a pokemon master. this is serious to me.
malva00: your link was really good. you'll get him next time.
mew2king: stop losing your controller. protect it with your life. YOUR LIFE>
chaser: you are terrible
robfox: you are less terrible than chaser, which says nothing.
yeroc: you stole my usual dress style
cactuar: you stole my braces
kou: i laser camped you with zelda's shield. mission accomplished.
stric9: we joked about your confused expressions all night. you're pretty chill.
shroomed: why are all doc players black. every ****ing one. i'm not kidding.
hungrybox: you're right, plup is pretty good.
plup: sponge bob is stupid. watch cartoons without mental disorders.
ankoku: stick to one alias.
mario moonshine: new york + acid = lifetime adventure story.
jv3x3: i'm surprised you were at this event.
wobbles: freeze glitch in friendlies to show people that you can ruin them at any moment.
v3ctorman: i talked to you for like 3 minutes. it was like interviewing god.
ninjalink: you played the wrong game.
lozr: you have a jigglypuff weakness.
swiftbass: i still think of you as a PA player. i wish PA was still cool.
goggles: i watched you play teams. it looked pretty good.
javi: i maintain that you're good as ****.
california: send fewer fox players next time.
shizwiz: your Z trick is godlike. stole it and abusing it currently. repeat: godlike.
chudat: i live with you. i don't know why i'm posting this.
wes: we were probably the 2 oldest players at this event. i mean, holy ****. 10 years man.
azen: your hair sunday looked like a solid object.
tope: that was a fire escape. you're like 30, just learn to read already.
boss8: why are all doc players black. wtf even is that.
hax: your set with jman was awful. intense, but awful.
jman: you dressed like you were going to a christmas party.
jarod: you don't even play any of these games.

anyone who wasn't at this event: i don't even know why you play smash if you weren't at this event. seriously, it's time to consider switching hobbies.

Luminoth64

Smash Ace
This had its bumps, but overall I had a pretty good time! I've got a few shoutouts as well:

Kel, Kassandra, SneakyTako and Sora- twas awesome rooming and traveling with you all as always. I'll make sure to bring my My Little Princess Chemistry Set next time we all stay somewhere.
Excel- always good seeing you dude. wish we could have hung more, but our hotel was wayyy far away from the venue. :/
All of the Wofls! It was freaking awesome meeting and seeing all of you again. Hopefully we can all get together again like that at another tourney. We still didn't take a Wofl picture. >.> Like everything else pertaining to this game, we'll do it later. XD
Y.b.M.- I'm almost caught up in Zetman now. XD Good seein' you man, I'm sure I'll see you again before you move to Texas.
Mink- nice meeting you dude. like above, i wish i coulda hung with you guys saturday night. also next year, i'm definitely hitting up that hoagy-type-thing place. **** subway. XD
Wedge- GGs in pools man, I'm glad you made it out as our first seed. :D I'll get you next time though!
Thugz- Good job in our set man, I was really confident going in against your Pikachu but you proved me wrong LOL.
Doom - Good job running the tourney man. You did reallllyyy well with what you were given to deal with.
NickRiddle- I'm still jealous of your Yuno plush! Does your gf do any commissions? :o
Tech Chase- Nice seein' ya dude and awesome spacie friendlies. :D
Mister Eric- Good **** making it into R2 pools!

If I missed anyone, I apologize! Congrats to all the winners, especially those who came overseas and placed top 8.

MikeHaggarTHAKJB

Smash Master
I honestly believe that people who tout matchup numbers off of some super theory bull**** are ****ing *******. Do you honestly believe that the way in which Mango decided he would play against Armada was 70-30 in his favor? I'm sorry guys, but Mikehaggernoobblahblah is a ****ing ******, and you shouldn't let him get you all riled up. It is indeed Mango's fault he played that way, and it's a john for him to make any excuses, but that doesn't mean anyone can tout meaningless numbers like that.

Mad props to Armada for being the best player in the world. It's like HMW said, the player who wins is the player with the best mindset, and Armada clearly showed that he has the most indomitable mindset to complement his extraordinary skill.
Could you please explain what you mean by playing "that way"? You mean playing hes absolute very best and still being nowhere near good enough to beat Armada? If so then you are correct.
However, it seems as if you're trying to make it sound like Mango could've won, which he could not. It is impossible for Mango to beat Armada.

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
Best placing Sheik main was Canadian, best placing Fox main was Mexican, and a Swedish guy won the whole tournament.

:x

Step it up, USA.

D

Deleted member

Best placing Sheik main was Canadian, best placing Fox main was Mexican, and a Swedish guy won the whole tournament.

:x

Step it up, USA.
can't get through 934 sick johns/ no warmup johns/ no sleep johns.

yes kage i was at apex. your hair looked better when you had some. good **** in melee teams

edit @ z trick: no. just no.

Wobbles

Desert ******
BRoomer
I played a lot of friendlies and hung out with a lot of people and I hate doing shoutouts because forgetting people I spent time with makes me look bad.

Wait, isn't that problem amplified by not giving shoutouts to ANYBODY?

No, that's silly.

GGs to every person I played. Well done to the people I didn't play but placed higher than me. Johns to the people who beat me. Indignation to the people who I was supposed to play friendlies with and didn't. To the people who thought "wobbling is banned so he will do worse," I duplicated my G2 performance of top 10 at a ginormous international event. If you can find the time, get at me.

Most importantly, a shoutout to Admiral for being there during all my tough matches. Couldn't do it without you.

Vermanubis

King of Evil
BRoomer
NNID
Vermanubis
3DS FC
1564-2185-4386
I had a ****load of fun. As an overall event, 2012 >>>>> 2010, but due to circumstances that the blunders of what I've been told is a small, select handful of folks, the overall "Smash" aspect of the event definitely suffered. However, getting to meet everyone was terrific, and it makes me despise having to live 9u0923bdiubvwourib miles away from everything even more.

The energy was unparalleled in just about every game and even if the actual Smash part was lacking a bit, everything else made up for it. Though, I wish I had gotten more chance to play, just because once Saturday started and I began to get my bearings back, I got my fire back and had immense energy to leave an impression and do well. I wish I was able to play more people around midday Saturday, when I was alert and driven (Ocean and I ran very close in our MM). Though, when I actually got to play at my leisure, it was 2AM Monday morning, and by then, I just wanted to go back to the hotel and sleep and probably would've done well not to challenge people to MMs when I was that sullen and wearied (when I begin trying to DAir people after being knocked into the air, I know it's just time to stop lol).

Playing Ocean and Karamity were definitely the best matches I'd had. For the longest time I wanted a comparison between the Japanese Ganon Dio and myself, and by playing them, I got my closure (mostly; I still want to play him myself). Hopefully Rain's tournament in Japan falls in between semesters in the Summer so that I can save up and go--I definitely don't want Apex to be how I exit the competitive scene, primarily because most of the closure I'd wanted as a player was unfulfilled for a variety of reasons (most of which because there was only a small window on Saturday and Sunday where I had a strong drive and played really well, e.g. MMs against Luda, Ocean and friendlies with Karamity. It's partly my fault, since I made exceptionally bad sleep decisions, though I do attribute said decisions to a fear that if I didn't stay up until venue closing time, I wouldn't be able to get any matches in).

Anyway, all that doodoo aside, the Apex staff did an unbelievable job at running a tournament of this size. There were definitely a lot of little surprises, but most of you handled each one with deft alacrity and maintained some excellent damage control. Shoutouts to some ****** stealing buns or some **** from Wendy's though, the prospect of me getting to make good on my security position and beat the holy hell out of someone got me HYPED. I'd totally do shoutouts right too now, but it's 3AM, and I just woke up to take a weewee.

Also, everyone who met me, add me on FB. My name's too goofy to not remember: Geoff Butterworth.

tarheeljks

Smash Lord
shoutouts to

--mafia and kevinm, nice **** talk lol
-- hailey, shoutouts for pwning me
--special thanks to mattdotzeb for running the hotel tourney
-- zoso. come to norcal

blackchris, nice chatting with you. good luck in school, i will try to hit you up next time i'm in nc

norcal, you already ****ing know. represent, i love you all.

yihua, come to the itt's brah

hugo, had fun hanging out with you. no idea how we managed to go all weekend without playing

lovage, awesome to finally meet you

johnny, a pleasure as usual. we always chill but never play much. tough bracket

hugo, learned a lot from you in random conversation. also had fun at the bar. somehow we never played any matches

oats, thanks for the drinks

stabbed, thanks for killing time with me in the airport

hack/zoler (sp?), thanks for the kronor. come to norcal!

rocky, nice meeting you. falcon *****

wake, good matches

armada, no way you remember me, but i have never been beaten that badly in my life in anything

various other people whose names i cannot recall atm

plup/pi for kicking it on the 6th floor and enduring tafokints' puns

also, shoutouts to hugo's foxhawk and shoutouts to susan. love you girl

wWw Dazwa

#BADMAN
shoutouts to hbox because you don't deserve hate for playing to win
shoutouts to armada because young link is awesome
shoutouts to japan in general
shoutouts to irish mafia for still losing to my kirby in melee
shoutouts to king kai, lt. surge, and mr. popo

False

Smash Lord
NNID
Falsified
had an amazing time at the tournament, I'm really glad I was able to make it into bracket. r2 pools were the most intense thing ever and took out a lot from me. really good games hungry and swordgard!

shoutouts to so many people and all the cool people that I friendlied. shoutouts to the people who actually knew this snake random. xD shoutouts to esam especially for 6 stocking me and opening my eyes in that ****ing mu. -___-

I feel like I've really grown as a player. 1 year ago on the DOT when I went to my first local tournament in NJ, I haven't won any games and was always struggling. It really astounds me when I see my progress as a player. I'm so thankful to my crew for discovering my hidden talents and training me vigorously for the past year in preparation for this tournament. without them I'd still be completely terrible.

I'm gonna keep training my *** off.

ZoSo

Smash Champion
Feels good to finally have MikeHaggarTHALSKJLA;JBLA;JSB on my ignore list. I don't know why I didn't do it ages ago.

This tourney was completely ridiculous. Prob do shoutouts later.

D1

Banned via Administration
Things proven by this tournament:

Prog sucks at commentary.
I for one thing he's way better than I am, along w/ Benteezy, and Dogy. I find color commentary to be my comfort zone, so I might start dabbling in that more often.

Tope

BRoomer
BRoomer
Armada did not just win the title for undisputable best player in the world and champion, he also won me 1000 dollars from Battlecow, in a bet the ****** made with me.
Unfortunately this Battlecow is a lying little snake who refuses to admit that he agreed to the bet that he proposed, and won't give me my 1000 dollars. No respect at all, that's low even for a flopmerican.
BATTLE COW IS A DOUCHE AND A TOOL!
(but i'm sure you're very nice in real life)

Dude but for real, apex was def one of the most fun tournaments I've been to.
That being said it did have some issues. I believe in tournament involving over 256 people, you really need to have three rounds of pools. 60% over the tournament was cut after round 1 like wtf. There were also not enough set ups. Again for 256+ people you need at least 64 set ups to have it properly run. I think this was a contributing factor to brawl not finishing round 2 and the all the other fighting game's fiascoes. I feel like bracket matches needed to be 3 out of 5, but I suppose that's asking for a bit much. MLG really had the right idea when they were doing that.
Apex was still f-ing amazing though and great job to everyone that helped out, even for a few minutes!

So many interesting results for all the games, what a mind****!

I definitely had a fairly easy tournament run. I defeated a Sheik and a Falcon in pools that gave me a hard time. In bracket, I defeated two Marths before losing to a Falco (Mango) and then defeated the same falcon again (S2J) before losing to a Fox (unknown). Defeated everything except for the space animals which is what should happen. Overall I'm happy with my performance in Singles and Doubles with a solid 13th. This will probably be my last large tournament for a while, but who can say for sure...

It was great to see and hang out with everyone one last time.

Shoutouts:
Alex Strife - Thanks for an awesome weekend man. I'm sure people will remember this one for years.
Sharp looking gent wearing the suit that ran brawl the 2nd day - You can eff off about telling me not to laugh. However, you did a good job running a very stressful tournament while looking nice. lol
Banks - Shoulda had it
PP - Don't sweat it.
Armada - Nice job.
Hbox - Whipping it out.
Mango - wtf
javi - the best fox in mexico AND the world?
KK - nice upset on hbox
Lovage - shoulda mmed you
Unknown - your style freaks me out and forces you to play on your terms. Imma try something different next time. Nice job ****** me though.
S2J - sorry i ruined your tournament, i really didn't like having to play you again, you were capable of so much more.
Mow - Somehow you get worse looking every tournament, idk what is man. Take better care of yourself dude (also I have no idea what you're talking about)
m2k - don't sweat it
kevinm - im sorry your girl was watching
tai - i was scared
pewpewu - thank you for taking out colbol
scar - where were you?
cactuar - chilled with you for several hours and I don't think we played a single match
lozr - chilled with you for several hours and I don't think we played a single match
amsah - rough draw
dashizwhiz - fun mm, you need to shake off that rust boy!
tec 0 - can't believe i wrote down your number wrong.
vanz - damnit never got to play you! its ohio all over again.
pc - too funny
kdj- as always good times man, we both know you had that. maybe teams in the future? lol
darc - thought you had wobbles
wobbles - you might have had the hardest bracket, gj dude.
silent wolf - the people you lost to dont reflect your placing, so lame.
eggz - bwahahahahahahahaha
toph - stop having a name close to mine
random dude that was trying to cheer up pp - i did it better by telling him he sucked =P
alukard - i was screaming for you in marvel
full metal - didnt get to play you at all wtf... :( thanks for the smooth
hyuga - nice discussing physics briefly with you.
dmbrandon - rude dude, but somebody has to do it, no hate.
inui - gay
Captain jack - way to **** hax
hax - step your sheik game up (also 2 stocks in a crew battle, worst ive ever seen from you) shake it off
jman - shoulda played you too
dj nintendo - random *** characters
HBK - Nice job man, i was impressed
swiftbass - it's okay you wouldn't have played me anyway.
eggm - you were about to be in my second round pool but the hosts moved you, im sad and glad.
doh - revenge friendlies!
milkman - scrubsauce >.<
zoso - for once didn't play you!
rocky - that matchup is impossible
idea - im surprised i did so well against you in our mm
vudujin - you're fast but you need to be smarter, you have waaaay too many habits
plup - you are a rapist!
linguini - so sad about that match, i thought i trained you better. way to beat me in that mm, good thing i ran it back with fox :)
darksyde - wasn't the same without making fun of you <3
nando - if you're salty we can always do that $20 live stream mm next time. talking so much trash with no back up XD
g$ - next time i'm **** talking you. I heard all that stuff you were saying you ****. lmao
cyrain - why didn't we team again?
chillin - not bad overall man 17th was solid
azen - way to not sleep like ever
doll - giving it away, classic
israfel - too bad you didnt get to play in the only event you entered
Redd - good job making bracket
vist - ^^^^^^^^^^^
axe - should mmed your falco
vectorman - have i ever played you? lol
winston and wenbo - you guys will get there eventually no worries.
mattdotzeb - thanks for running that tournament, so sad i didn't get to play you either
irish mafia - i was impressed by your speed
shroomed - ill get you one day, kdj showed me the light!

I got two stocked by the top 3 placers in tournament/mm's. Let's me know I'm not too far off the top.

Yo, good times everyone. Everything I say is all in good fun ^_^

Top Bottom