• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The NW Thread Next Fest 9th September !!!! BACK IN BUSINESS !!!

Kone

Smash Master
joe whats this smashfest on the 9th about? will ben still be around? dates and times and location please. Im interested ep.if i cant make the tourney!

Dacacia

Smash Journeyman
Hey, I'm up in Leeds for the next three months, so if you guys do stuff is it alright if I invite myself along? :p I'm trying to find a job, but since it really doesn't look like that's gonna happen I'm pretty much free all summer now...

Kone

Smash Master
Joe- is there anychance that the smashfest could be moved onto the fri night or weekend in general lol? that way id definetly come. I dont think ill make the tourney so would be nice to make this :)

AmcD

Smash Ace
Joe ill come on the 9th. Who will be there for deffo?
Also PM ur mobile number or give me it over msn. thanks.

Kone

Smash Master
alan - i posted his number on the other NW thread for someone else if u need it :). Also, im going to be there on the 9th if that helps ;). Not making the tourney week after so will make this !!!

Dacacia

Smash Journeyman
So is there a melee fest on the 9th/11th? Is it invitational or can anyone come? If I came by train what would be the easiest station for me to get off at?

captain smashie01

Smash Journeyman
me and aiko for deffo.

will still plays, chaz still does too i think?

and BB hes been lurking in the background, possibly preparing a comeback tour =P.

Alan: what about you mate? i know id kick your *** but if you wanna come over your welcome =), i live in manchester now and its 5 mins from piccadilly station so its super easy.

If you come before the 14th i can arrange for you to play Darko/Ben, hes amazing and really helped my game like. Weve got a fest planned for Thursday the 9th. Me, Ant and Ben are all definate and i think Will shall come, but your attendance is always a good thing mate =). If you can make that date or the weekend (10th, 11th and 12th) then ill try and get a few others to come.

On smash are you coming to Wills tourney on the 18th? its in Bolton so its pretty much on your doorstep in terms of tournaments, but your reputation atm is about as tarnished as Edwins xD

Other Smashers who id like to here from for the Above dates, bnoth tourney and fest:-

Chaz
Blinky
Yeniths

Jesus christ what happened to northern smash xD
only saw this today, that was lucky
BB planning a comeback tour eh? if theres one thing that's been missing from UK smash it's a green game&watch... and a red jacket. hope he appears again!
*rings people about whether this is actually happening*

AmcD

Smash Ace
I really want to get back into smash but theres nothing goin on or at least from what i can see nothing is.
Any chance of fests starting again where most people will be at them?

Kone

Smash Master
Allan - in the last month there has been a tournament at wills and a smashfest at wills :/ thats quite a lot of nearby smash you could've been involved in.

Also, i know that will and joe both are up for smash anytime but are skint and have no internet access. Itll be much easier to text or ring them and sort out going round. Sure ant will turn up if theres a group of you.

AmcD

Smash Ace
Ed I know there has been but I didn't have the money spare.
What I'm sayin is to run fests regularly or somethin.
There has been times in the past where I could of went but I would've only been playin Joe and Will. Would rather have more players to play against.

If possible can someone organise something for September. Won't be able to go to anythin during August due to money and not actually being here. Went to Global Gathering last weekend, have a holiday in a few weeks then when I get back going to Creamfields so ye no money or being here.

Kone

Smash Master
I dont know if the regular fests thing is going to happen to be honest. Theres only you, ant, joe and will about and the latter two have extreme lack of money. Maybe once joe has his loan coming in he'll be able to be mroe proactive in hosting regular fests ( i know that he maybe getting internet soon which may change things). If you're looking for new players I dont think thats going to happen like. Joe and will ahve gotten a lot better recently esp. joe imo.

If your egularly turn up to play will and joe then thats starts regular meetings and more people may notice and start turning up. Its a snowball effect, you dont normally get 5-10 people turning up from the get go when things have been dead for a while.

If I weren't on my professional teaching year from sept I definetly be happy to travel for regular NW ranbats. I may make the odd one (maybe).

AmcD

Smash Ace
Yeah I understand getting new players is really difficult. Do any of the Brawl players in the NW play Melee aswell?
Also, Does anyone know BBs situation?
From what I've seen he's living in Leicester but I was wondering if he had been to any of the fests in the NW and SHS?

Kone

Smash Master
BB is living in leicester and currently attending quite a few of their fests down there. H aint travelled for anything else tho.

Some of the brawl lot, well, one or two have been mentioned maybe learning melee. To get them involved tho there would first need to be some form of regular NW get togethers to attract them I guess :/

Bullet Bill

Smash Master
imo, ask if will can host them to start things off. There might need to be abit of texting/phoning to talk to people cos a lot of the NW players aren't online much but I rekon it should def be organised. I'm sure Box and Charlie would attend as well :).

COEY

Smash Lord
I'm online now guys, i just havent posting very much since i got my internet access back. I can host something in September and sooner ppl just need to let me know in this thread when is best. I am also happy to maybe have some brawl players round, i dont mind brawl being on another setup, maybe we can convert some of the poor ppl who actually try to take brawl seriously, bless their cotton socks :)

Kone

Smash Master
Will i think it always works best if you set a date or what not and ask people to come, after all you are hosting. If not people flap about and nothing gets organised.

J03

Smash Master
will: i agree with Ed, i think if we (well... you) host something say a certain weekend of every month then we may get the scene back on track.

at last count there was:

Coey
Jo3
Aiko
AmcD
Chaz
Trio
Dacacia (possibly back down south)
Box (if he can make it =/)

now theres more then adequate players to kick start something

speaking of which i think we (again... you) should host something the second weekend of Spetember (spetember the 12th), id run it at mine but seeing as this is a restart we may get 10+ which is too much for my place.

If i get the green light ill start a thread because ants a bit busy these days to keep on top of it. Also ant is in scotland for about a weeek atm.

J03

Smash Master
Ed: what date is your thing again? i thought i remember you saying the 12th but thats midweek =o. just mentioning it because the 12th of august is a no go coz of a friends birthday.

Will: will contact you tonight about it, we need to talk =o

COEY

Smash Lord
I only wanted to find out roughly when people are available to set up a date for the first one. I can post nothing at all if thats better instead :/

I'd just like to know when ant, alan are both available tbh just because with them 2 and me and joe it means newer players will have incentive to show as they will be able to meet more than just one/two decent player/players.

Bullet Bill

Smash Master
well this is all good news XD Not sure why I'm even interested. Prob cos I used to be NW.

I think Duncan is coming back in September sometime so he should still be in Leeds.

Kone

Smash Master
Joe i work so i cant do mid week x_X i meant the 15th weekend, so mebs come up late thurs night and leave sun morning? as they are the coach times that u used last night and are decentish O_o

Cool?

J03

Smash Master
Kone- if those are the cheapest tickets then im good to go =), Any word on anyone else coming? ill still be coming even if its just you and Me lol but some variation is always the nuts

Dacacia: whatcha doing 15th of august, talk to Ed if your interested ^_^

J03

Smash Master
come the 10th ill be opening a replacement thread, i believe im the most active member of the NW melee scene, im also the best... excpet maybe will but he only gets me in tournament... because hes mean

COEY

Smash Lord
come the 10th ill be opening a replacement thread, i believe im the most active member of the NW melee scene, im also the best... except maybe will but he only gets me in tournament... because he stops sandbaggin'
Fixed your post for you joe mate :)

I actually relooked over it and fixed a spelling mistake too :p So even more fixed :D

J03

Smash Master
Ben, how did will do against you? how did i do against you?

i make no johns for me vs will, he really has the edge on me in our tournament matches. Its actually really nice to have problem to fix rather then not knowing whats wrong with your game =P.

COEY

Smash Lord
lol you seem a tad touchy there joe ;)

btw i changed pads again back to stes. since i recently discovered i cant dash dance with that purple pad o_O

J03

Smash Master
naw not touchy, just furious xD j/k

how can you not dash dance o_0

btw did you get your monehs back from halls? i doubt it but mebbe you have?

also im having aiko and chaz round tonight, your welcome to come if you can =o

COEY

Smash Lord
id love to mate but i have 2 quid to my name :(

no i didnt get owt back from halls :( :(

and yea how can i not dash dance is what i thought so i tried stes pad and apparently i can still waveshine too :o wish id never seen that purple pad now

J03

Smash Master
not cleaned my pad to pieces, twice and its great in some ways but just alright in others. what i really need is a pad that knows what im going to do... then just do it for me

J03

Smash Master
Wes you are missed lots =(

heard your going south of france in september. Me and Chloe are going to france a soon as we get some money together so let me know if its nice =P.

Also you heard about me, ed and co going to holland late august ^_^ gonna kick some *** bro!!

hope all is well mate and ill see you in the next few years when im out of my overdraft lol.

J03

Smash Master
small fest at mine this thursday. Aiko and Smudge confirmed. also AMCD is interested =o!!!

Coey: can you make it up for the night dude?

Chaz: how are your chances of making this?

anyone else interested?

Top Bottom