• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The NW Thread Next Fest 9th September !!!! BACK IN BUSINESS !!!

Bullet Bill

Smash Master
calling all NW players!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Are you coming to Phantom Hits2 ??

Please let me know and try and make an effort to come to this event

COEY

Smash Lord
i remember this thread!!!

i really want to make this ben dont worry :)

hoping to sort something out with phil and if not then i will book as soon as im out of debt, or maybe see if i can swing some tickets as a christmas gift or summat.

i dont see why your in such a rush to be beaten by luigi again tho :S

Aiko

Smash Champion
Time to revive this thread since theres a fair bit going on up in merry NW. I guess us NWers can organise fests here.

Aiko

Smash Champion
lol I returned too!!!

I kind of owe it to ben. Visiting him really got me back into it, also I have more time now since im just waiting for acceptance from dental schools.

AmcD

Smash Ace
Then....it's since both of our returns!! Would it be ok to let people know about Joe's next week?

Aiko

Smash Champion
im sure he doesnt mind.

Joe is having a fest on 10th-12th Feb.

That is Wednesday to Friday. Be there or be square.

Blinky

Smash Journeyman
About time too. I would host something but i doubt people would travel, so let me know whats happening.

ps I highly doubt I can make joes, why do you guys always have things on weekdays lol

Aiko

Smash Champion
i'm willing to travel. sleeping space isnt much of a problem either provided people are willing to sleep downstairs, or your housemate will let people sleep in his room (unlikely)

AmcD

Smash Ace
About time too. I would host something but i doubt people would travel, so let me know whats happening.

ps I highly doubt I can make joes, why do you guys always have things on weekdays lol
Give me enough notice and there's a possibility I would come along.

The Filth

Smash Lord
Good timing, I recntly started going to melee tournies as well.

Trio3 has made noises about him being able to host in Barnsly, I'll get in touch with him about that.

Anaky

Smash Champion
NNID
AnakyUK
Yeah but the winner of the last event was a northerner Calzum so no1 cares about the rest lolol.

J03

Smash Master
i actually heard that the EM are pretty **** at brawl. Willz beating trio like wtf??!!

anyone up for some melee can come to mine for a midweek fest 10-12th next week, feel free to come

EDIT:

VBM: glad you could make it, i was really surprised by how quickly you adapted, if you come on the 10th-12th youll get to play Alan, he is as good as closing options so hopefully youll learn some sick ****.

Ant: how gutted? first alan comes and pipes us then this go**** guy xD. where do you fins these guys rofl.

Yeniths: GZ on beating ant in the MM. youve gotten alot better recently, good to see. dont feel bad about losing to VBM, he beat me rofl.

Willz

Smash Master
NNID
WillzUK
Well Trio normally says he's EM but he said for a while he claimed he was a Northerner. That n00b needs to make up his mind...

DoplG beat Trio as well! EM is the best Brawl region IMO

AmcD

Smash Ace
i actually heard that the EM are pretty **** at brawl. Willz beating trio like wtf??!!

anyone up for some melee can come to mine for a midweek fest 10-12th next week, feel free to come

EDIT:

VBM: glad you could make it, i was really surprised by how quickly you adapted, if you come on the 10th-12th youll get to play Alan, he is as good as closing options so hopefully youll learn some sick ****.

Ant: how gutted? first alan comes and pipes us then this go**** guy xD. where do you fins these guys rofl.

Yeniths: GZ on beating ant in the MM. youve gotten alot better recently, good to see. dont feel bad about losing to VBM, he beat me rofl.
I really hope this VBM exists haha should make 10-12th more interesting if he decides to come.

J03

Smash Master
he started uni last week and appartenly has uni on the wed, he might make thursday though =/. its hilarious that hes called VBM xD whats ****ing irritating is hes actually really ****ing good too >_>

Anaky

Smash Champion
NNID
AnakyUK
Im actually in the region of NW, but that region died so the next closest region to me is EM so im suposably EM now.

And Willz you have beat me once in a set from the 15 sets we have played in a tourney match or money match, also ive beat Dopl before as well, i just did bad that tournament bcuz of the amount of practice i put into Melee the 2weeks before the ranbat.

VirusBlewMage

Smash Rookie
Thanks for inviting me JO3.

I'm definitely finding it a lot tougher to play you guys now. You seem to pick up on my habits and techniques a lot quicker than I expected. Im glad I managed to beat everyone in those games we played for money :) I hope you weren't trying to hustle by losing now and then taking alot more money from me later =<

Anthony: I enjoyed our falco games. I think sometimes you punish my inexperience with silly moves but Ive realised I can combo you to the edge and then edgeguard you quite comfortably :)

JO3: You very fast, but I think It's true what Anthony said before, I seem to play better vs faster players/characters. Hope we can play again soon!

Yeniths: I think you play quite well, but you need to vary your game a little because I seem to follow you and continue my combos.

Willz

Smash Master
NNID
WillzUK
Im actually in the region of NW, but that region died so the next closest region to me is EM so im suposably EM now.

And Willz you have beat me once in a set from the 15 sets we have played in a tourney match or money match, also ive beat Dopl before as well, i just did bad that tournament bcuz of the amount of practice i put into Melee the 2weeks before the ranbat.
You've beaten me in about 5 sets before this tourney. Also lol at the random john. I put a lot more into training for Melee than Brawl before this tourney as well, and I didn't even make it out of pools (I got ***** tbh) and neither did you. So don't use that utter ****e john.

Calzum is right about Dopl as well. He managed to defeat you at his 2nd tourney and his first London tourney placing 4th. That itself is a great feat!

VirusBlewMage

Smash Rookie
I main falco, 2nd roy, but Aiko said I should consider another secondary.

Can people add me on MSN please? It would be nice to get to know people.

mine is: devilcrush [at] hotmail dot co.uk

edit: my email is co.uk not .com

Yeniths

East Midlands!
Thanks again for having me over Jo3 it was good as always :)

VBM: Seriously where did you come from? I really didn't think you where for real, and if you where I wasn't expecting much (no offense) but you really proved me wrong. Your Falco was actually really good, game me a lot of trouble, keep it up and make sure your at GT2 I'm sure you will do well.

Jo3: Thanks for all the games and everything, still can't beat you consistently but I will eventually, I will!! I will work on everthing you said and hopfully next time we play I will be a lot harder to read lol

Aiko: Great seeing you again! Really enjoyed our MM was kind of surprised I won tho really. I wouldn't let it put you off Falcon tho really, its really good, and of course I know you'll give the business at GT2.

Should be put again next Weds and maybe Thurs so I'll see you all again, hope you all can make it!

Smudge

Smash Lord
Point, I keep thinking they've defected to the EM

Thing is, they play Melee now aswell, I'm solely Brawl.

I say that, but the way the scene is going I may have to swallow my pride.

J03

Smash Master
Yen: practising tech is hard but if you keep at it you get it. practising smarts is impossible. My point is to fix holes like the ones you have youre really gonna have to look at your game and remove each hole by fighting the urge to do them rofl. look at VBM, the second i told him to not roll the easy option he stopped.

Blinky

Smash Journeyman
Me, trio3 and dooan are NE, which is awkward as there isn't really a scene, so its either NW or EM.

I chose NW cause its clearly better.

Top Bottom