• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The NW Thread Next Fest 9th September !!!! BACK IN BUSINESS !!!

Willz

Smash Master
NNID
WillzUK
Sucks that I had to miss this. I thought I was the new Z, now Shadows being called the new Z =O ( makes more sense though cuz he's Scottish and none of you guys have played me in a while or at all =3 )

Bullet Bill

Smash Master
I'd like to say to prof and charles and whoever else it was that Wills vid was def rly good and I'm a little bit disappointed that you'd rip on it when it's a very good vid.

Also Ed- really felt like I should have beaten you but like I said- next time ;)

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
I'd like to say to prof and charles and whoever else it was that Wills vid was def rly good and I'm a little bit disappointed that you'd rip on it when it's a very good vid.
It wasn't Willz combo video it was COEY's.
And it's funny how all of the top people think it's terrible but all of the people who aren't the top people think it's really good loool.....wonder why you lot aren't the best with observation skills like that....

uploading crews now.
What's your youtube account.

VA

Smash Hero
the will combo video thing is not a big deal.

2 sides:

1 - the side of prof and charles. prof said the combo video was slow, this obviously comes from the fact he plays fox. charles agreed that some of the combos were basic. having watched it myself I'd agree that it wasn't attention grabbing, the combos were nice in places but 8-9 minutes must have some filler in it if it was only made in 3 hours. maybe cut it down to 3-4 next time so you can keep it a bit faster and more impressive.

2 - everyone else - hurt and upset about negative comments. I don't think prof or charles were particularly outrageous is saying it wasn't that amazing. however it would be good to give focus on constructive crticism rather than being negative. I know prof offered points of improvement but the post did seem negative overall.

my 2 cents. it was a decent show coey. hopefully you'll get a full combo video together someday soon xD

Kone

Smash Master
Haha Ben. I really respect your Doc and your ability at smash now but when was the last time you beat me?

:confused::lick:

J03

Smash Master
thank you VA, i have no problems with people having opinions.

EDIT: looking back i jumped the gun a bit, so pro i apologise =(. id had just 3 hours sleep and was mega tired and grumpy. can you forgive me =(

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
lol It's alright, I also admit I was a bit harsh with some of my comment.

And I always have a special place in my heart for someone with high sex appeal so you were forgiven the moment I remembered your face :).

Bullet Bill

Smash Master
It wasn't Willz combo video it was COEY's.
And it's funny how all of the top people think it's terrible but all of the people who aren't the top people think it's really good loool.....wonder why you lot aren't the best with observation skills like that....

What's your youtube account.
actually I think it's funny how just about everyone I've spoken to except you and charles dont think its a really good vid when it clearly is.

And I definately should have beaten Ed. Tuna for example I was fairly unlikely to win against but I really should have beaten Ed.

VA

Smash Hero
shoulda woulda coulda. not worth talking about on boards, you can feel this and it's fine. But you don't really hear me talking about how I should have beaten prof when I missed one bair against him at the monthly in October and he came back to win 3-2. That was his skill and my nerves combining to allow him to win. I think it was a pretty cool achievement for him. I don't think I deserved to win because he was mentally stronger xD

Accept loss.

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
Ben we've finished with that subject now, and other people didn't think it was good as well.

And as I said the majortiy of bad people think it's really good, so yeah it kinda shows what kinda people you asked but yeah i'm done now.

And Ben you always say you should have won, if you should of won they you SHOULD HAVE won, if you didn't win that you made mistakes thus making you lose, meaning you shouldn't have won.

Accept it.

Kone

Smash Master
Ben Im not really sure why you think you should have beaten me? Ive been quite respectful in my posts and said that I really enjoy your Doc and that I respect your ability at melee. However, what makes you think you should have beaten me? I dont think I have ever lost a game against you ever :confused:. Just because I haven't been active shouldn't equate to me being someone that is beatable. I have proved that fairly regularly at tournaments I do make (except wills which was a blip ;)).

Also, I beat tuna :ohwell:

Aiko

Smash Champion
Posting from merry old liverpool. because of some complicated stuff, im actually back to stockport later tonight and back to liverpool tomorrow evening!! WTF?!

Instead of the usual shoutouts, im gonna offer some constructive criticism to everyone.

AmcD - You should be losing more to me :D i think in serious games you should consider a bit a more patience in semi-important games. There were lots of times i baited moves and bair'ed you and got some wtf rests.

Jo3 - maybe improve your stamina? or perhaps a more comfortable way of playing fox. Ironman definitely hurt your hands and i do feel bad for that since the ironman was my idea.

Tuna - Its great that you can play so many characters at a high level. maybe you should focus on a main or 2? i would think falcon and fox suit you very well :) you should also give me a shout out :p

tamoo - Definitely work on an alt for those trickier matchups. I think you need to work on your spacing a bit, since you claimed to know the jiggs ditto matchup (clearly a game of spacing and patience) yet i won that reasonably comfortably first time playing it. your teams game is pretty awesome though.

blinky - work on your sheik. I can definitely see a flair in it, just needs more experience.

Shifting shadows - more experience. For someone so young (experience wise) youre very good. definitely start focusing on some of your weaker matchups and get some combos down. your tech chasing is good and you have shown you can adapt to other players tactics.

Fortune cookie - definitely less johns needed. Your fox is technically sound. When you say you need to sort out your laser game, i think its actually a lack of understanding of the matchups. youre spacing laser spam badly and you seem to forget that youre playing against another person who is also trying to outsmart you. play a bit more, take each loss as an opportunity to learn and you will definitely get better.

bullet bill - i think you really need to take a step back from focussing on winning. obviously smash is about winning, but if you go into every game thinking you HAVE to win, youre doing something wrong. you should also consider youre tongue too. you said some harsh things to me and joe that we turned a blind eye to. you should also reflect on the fact that you are constantly saying "i SHOULD HAVE won that." I think a 3rd party can clearly make an inference out of it, that you are not always willing to accept. besides that though, i always enjoy your company. We had some good chats about AAI and teaching :)

ed - very muchie thankies for the advice. I was surprised you still had the guts to go and beat me. I thought i had the edge at first, but you clearly showed adapting is something you dont forget and that youre not past your sell by date by a long way. hope to see you again soon. :)

Yeniths - Don't flake so much. Aside from ruining my ironman system, i didnt get to touch your nipples. Nice spacing, from manchester to wolverhampton.

Aside from the constructive criticism I thoroughly enjoyed everyones company, but I would really like to make it clear i especially enjoyed having laughs with josh, tamao and blinky. You guys really made my weekend. well I'm off back to stockport now, maybe i'll be on msn tonight.

Kone

Smash Master
Ant - Cheers man. I enjoyed and found our set more challenging that any other set I played (excep joe but he ***** me). Stick to jiggs. Hopefully with moving to Brum I will get to see you more and get to improve my game. As I said email me with any teaching thoughts or questions you have. Would be a pleasure to help. I hope your taster course went/goes well!

AmcD

Smash Ace
LMAO are you being serious?
I'm sure someone said vids shouldn't be a viable way of judging someone.
Also, if you want to judge it from that aspect then Tuna does look better.

J03

Smash Master
tamoo doesnt rest unless its 200% garaunteed, which is a shame.

Pro is sooooooooooo biased, Last Dragon wasnt very good last time i played him but alot of time has passed i guess. Tbf to pro he only has crews to go off, the only match he has seen of his falcon is against ants jiggs (which was pretty **** actually)

EDIT: ty yeniths ^_^

TunaCasserole

Smash Journeyman
This :D But also, Jiggs is gay. In response, I have to play careful and very gay. There's not much fancy **** that really needs to be done if I'm playing carefully and the last man standing during a crew match knowing I have to face (****ING GOD **** ANNOYING) Alan right after with whatever stocks I have left. Having said that, I also can't judge Last Dragon based on video, so it may very well be true that we're equal or that he's better :p Can only tell by playing.

Also: LMAO at that SD on Mute off the side. That was so god **** funny to watch. I bet joe will have some hilarious annotation for it.

MORE SHOUTOUTS:

Ant: God ****it. It's good I got in some Jiggs practice with you, else I'd probably be ****ed if I ran into one at GT2. What a goofy, annoying mother****er Jiggs is. Stick to him, you'll get to be really good I'm sure. You're spacies look pretty sharp too :D You also had hilarious commentary during one of the matches that wasn't recorded :dizzy: Regardless, good **** and I hope to play you again before I leave the UK :D

Ben: Rodent ****, Mewtwo purple ****, peach ****, but, the WORST, is DEFINITELY doc ****. I hate that char soooo bad (I'm sure I've expressed this sentiment sufficiently during our games ahaha). Anyway, your doc is pretty good and talking to you about doc's matchups helped me think up a few ideas to try on my god **** doc playing ******* friend at home (who makes me feel like I have **** all over my body, hands and controller). The only thing I'll say to you is that when people offer you advice, you should listen to it and then decide whether or not to take it. When Joe was recommending you improve your edgeguarding game, he was right; there were a lot of opportunities for you to take stocks but the edgeguarding got screwed up a bit. Work on it, and I'm sure you'll make doc piss me off even more than he already does. Holy **** I hate doc. Hope to play you before I go back to the US :p

ShiftingShadows (the REAL SS): Falcon sucks bad :( YOU KNOW IT'S TRUE

FortuneCookie (AKA Asia): You AAAAYYYYYYYYYshan and I don't want to HEAR it

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
LMAO are you being serious?
Also, if you want to judge it from that aspect then Tuna does look better.
You can never tell the exact level, but I didn't say Last Dragon ISSSS better then him, I said he looks like he is better then him and he was not impressive in the Fox match with his constant inconsitency and jus his overall bad play and the CF match was terrible.

And sorry but Tuna doesn't look better then Last Dragon if you're gonna judge it from that.

And also you can tell peoples level at smash to some easy degree and im sorry but this guy is not coming to GT2 and getting top 5....fact.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vJPidi8rChw&feature=channel

J03

Smash Master
tuna: seriously dude ive played everyone in the UK soo much. last dragon, unless something magical has happnened would get destroyed by you. South has like 5 decent players then its all NW, if youd come hear and beat us youd definatly have gotten top 5. Because you didnt dont mean ****. you should stick falcon sheik for tourney matches is all im saying, bring out the crazy **** in pools though, youll love how terrible some of our players are.

also dude what are these falcon is a bad character johns? I DONT WANNA HEAR IT!

And also you can tell peoples level at smash to some easy degree and im sorry but this guy is not coming to GT2 and getting top 5....fact.
made sure i got this for humble pie. Pro, how much you wanna bet?

TunaCasserole

Smash Journeyman
My fox was shoddy this weekend, yes :D Falco too :( Falcon is too much fun any way though, so I'll focus on the crazy rubber man, for the time being at least.

What's terrible about losing 1 stock? I guess I should shine more with falcon to impress you :(

It's ok though, I didn't really expect any recognition in any form from you :D I'll do what I can at GT2, and hopefully nerves don't get the best of me. If they don't, and I still don't do well, then I've got work to do. That's all there is to it :D

@Joe: lol omg, FALCON IS SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO BAD

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
tuna: seriously dude ive played everyone in the UK soo much. last dragon, unless something magical has happnened would get destroyed by you. South has like 5 decent players then its all NW, if youd come hear and beat us youd definatly have gotten top 5. Because you didnt dont mean ****. you should stick falcon sheik for tourney matches is all im saying, bring out the crazy **** in pools though, youll love how terrible some of our players are.

also dude what are these falcon is a bad character johns? I DONT WANNA HEAR IT!

made sure i got this for humble pie. Pro, how much you wanna bet?
£30 deal????

This is on him getting top 5 right loool????
Or beating Last Dragon???

Cos i'll do £30 for either or both.

VA

Smash Hero
yeah videos are not something to judge differences between mango and armada without seeing them play. but you can certainly discern the gaps in skill in some cases...

Top Bottom