• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The NW Thread Next Fest 9th September !!!! BACK IN BUSINESS !!!

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
yeah videos are not something to judge differences between mango and armada without seeing them play. but you can certainly discern the gaps in skill in some cases...
THIS!!!!
And I think AmcD knows this but he just wanted to try and prove my statements about Tuna wrong lol.

And actually Jo3 I change the 'Tuna placing top 5' bet to £100 but I know you won't accept it....so I will just be skipping along the park

AmcD

Smash Ace
Actually, It was to just bring up what V.A said last week which I will repeat.

"It's alright. But gamers/smashers in general are really foolish in the way that the judge.

1. Videos are videos, you cannot accurately judge off these, EVER.
2. Friendlies, absolutely non-reflective of skill.
3. Tournament, the only true way of evaluating skill.

For me, people looking at my videos and judging anyone who they play in FRIENDLIES against me is just stupid."

Which is why I never say anything about vids tbh but when people come in and are hypocritical then I will have something to say.

VA

Smash Hero
Obviously not with you as well I guess.
don't be a ****? what I'm trying to say is that if you compare vids of prof and tuna, you can see quite a big difference. If you compare vids of me and Armada you can see a big difference. Don't try to jump on me for no reason. I don't like the UK community judging me on how you play in friendlies/fests against my national tournament vids.

TunaCasserole

Smash Journeyman
lulz way to stack my nerves man z__z (@ prof)

@VA: If you think I'm saying that I'm gonna beat Prof you've got the wrong idea :D If you're just trying to illustrate that in some cases skill gap is noticeable, then alright.

AmcD

Smash Ace
don't be a ****? what I'm trying to say is that if you compare vids of prof and tuna, you can see quite a big difference. If you compare vids of me and Armada you can see a big difference. Don't try to jump on me for no reason. I don't like the UK community judging me on how you play in friendlies/fests against my national tournament vids.
WOW I like how you are taking this as an attack.
It's amazing how certain peoples posts are like gospel but when someone else has something to say then they are obviously wrong/attacking that person.

VA

Smash Hero
Yes, I'm just saying. Vids can used to see a skill gap. But at players of similar levels it's stupid to use their tournament videos as a point of comparison even.

It's like if me and prof never played and people said I can beat him from playing me in friendlies. I wouldn't agree with that.

@AmcD

Really? So saying that I'm a hypocrite and that I belive myself immune to video judgements is not personally relating it to me? Hmm...I was just trying to point something out myself.

AmcD

Smash Ace
The fact remains what you said is hypocritical.
Also, I now understand what you're saying and when people have compared me and yourself was it ever me doing it? No.

AmcD

Smash Ace
See from this fest I knew exactly what the response would be so I was just waiting really.
Lets just leave it now, It just makes me laugh how often this happens that is all.

Gantz ak-47

Smash Journeyman
tamoo doesnt rest unless its 200% garaunteed, which is a shame.

Pro is sooooooooooo biased, Last Dragon wasnt very good last time i played him but alot of time has passed i guess. Tbf to pro he only has crews to go off, the only match he has seen of his falcon is against ants jiggs (which was pretty **** actually)

EDIT: ty yeniths ^_^
UMMM..... i don't like to trash talk but GET SERIOUS!!! last dragon can beat half of the people out side london. INCLUDING YOU JO3. last dragon kicked your friends out of the tournament and then jumped on you head and kneed you out to don't ever forget that. and u shouldn't really judge by video's. im sure tunas a nice guy but he won't get top 5. i dont think u people reliaze that last dragon is still good and u shouldn't compare my perfromnce with him. he is still slightly better than me.

slightly.......

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
Actually, It was to just bring up what V.A said last week which I will repeat.

"It's alright. But gamers/smashers in general are really foolish in the way that the judge.

1. Videos are videos, you cannot accurately judge off these, EVER.
2. Friendlies, absolutely non-reflective of skill.
3. Tournament, the only true way of evaluating skill.

For me, people looking at my videos and judging anyone who they play in FRIENDLIES against me is just stupid."

Which is why I never say anything about vids tbh but when people come in and are hypocritical then I will have something to say.
Response to number one - You cannot ACCURATELY judge people off of videos but you can get a level which people are at, which is why people post videos off themselves asking for advice and you can easily see what type of level they are at.

Response to number two - Now let's be realistic and precise since people are in a precise and pedantic mood, people like to say you can't judge people AT ALL off of freindlies.....but you kinda can, just not to an exact degree.
If you were to watch a friendly of Mew2king you would obviously still see he is ten times better then you.
Or even in other cases of other people and there are MANYYYY cases when you can see friendlies of people and see what level they are at and there potential....

But yeah they aren't the exact level of a player, but you still get an idea of the player depending on the sandbagging level which often isn't amazingly high in average friendlies.

Response to number three - I agree that it does show your skill, even though at times it might not show your full potential.

J03

Smash Master
this is too funny.

Alan never speaks up unless he has a point
I never argue unless i feel im right
VA always speaks his mind
Pro always talks ****

then youve got Tuna just like 'wheres the love guys?'

The fact is you 2 always give us **** for no reason other then 'where better then you at a computer game so your opinion means ****'.

I dont blame VA for his comments because i KNOW he only ever speaks what he believes.
but from the one match youve seen... the one match where he ***** ant... constantly cuts out his approach options, stacks damage while maintaining his spacing then mindgames or surprises him with a knee...
im sorry but all VA and pro have said is hes not good without explanation as to why, because there is no reason why, they think tuna cant be good because he placed lower then me alan and ed. im sorry but ive never been ***** by anyone in the last 12 months, ive lost sure, but never by a large margin.
Alan hasnt played anyone outside of the NW for a while so he must be bad too right? such horrendous logic.

Tuna lost to me because he decided to go pichu in the last match. he SD'd twice and it still went to last stock plus it was the only match where i beat his pichu as falco xD
Tuna lost to Ed becuase Ed is sooo experienced that nothing shakes him, and imo going jiggs last game didnt help xD.
Tuna never played Alan in singles but if i was to ask Alan whod have won he wouldnt be able to answer without playing the set.

EDIT: im now reporting this thread for pointless bickering, im sorry but it just doesnt seem resolvable, i know if we where all in a room together wed just be laughing and having a good time. please stop posting on the issue.

Feel free to completely ignore what ive written before the word EDIT. just wait till gt2, tuna is too cool

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
UMMM..... i don't like to trash talk but GET SERIOUS!!! last dragon can beat half of the people out side london. INCLUDING YOU JO3. last dragon kicked your friends out of the tournament and then jumped on you head and kneed you out to don't ever forget that. and u shouldn't really judge by video's. im sure tunas a nice guy but he won't get top 5. i dont think u people reliaze that last dragon is still good and u shouldn't compare my perfromnce with him. he is still slightly better than me.

slightly.......
LOOOOL!!!!

Ring me you FOOL!!!!

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
the one match where he ***** ant... constantly cuts out his approach options, stacks damage while maintaining his spacing then mindgames or surprises him with a knee...

LOOOL If that's what you see, but yeah all of NW are amazing when it comes to their vision of smash obviously :confused: but yeah it's just a game as you said...so even if your opinions more it doesn't matter :)

And are we still doing this bet of Tuna placing top 5???

VA

Smash Hero
I'm not going to explain but like prof says, hype yourselves as much as you like. But you should put some money there if you're willing to.

I'll MM jo3 any of my top 3 Fox/Marth/Peach Bo5, any amount up to £50

TunaCasserole

Smash Journeyman
Oh man, I haven't been hyping myself up in the LEAST since that one post muuuuuch much earlier on where I said I was feeling especially confident that I could overcome Falcon's bad matchups.

I'm just hearing criticism left and right, and that's fine usually, but it's not like I'm receiving any tips or opinions of what I could be doing better....like, I'm sorry I lost a stock in crews lol?

PS: Oh god, Prof is gonna be on my *** when he sees Joe break my shield in singles :D I swear to god, I TRIED TO GRAB OUT OF SHIELD SO MANY TIMES BUT I WAS STUCK IN THE SHIELD GOD ****IT D:

@Joe: No Johns dude, Pichu-Falco is like my favorite matchup. Nerves played a part but you beat that STCHYEWPID LITTLE FAKING RAT on your own :D

ShiftingShadows28

Smash Journeyman
Ant i watch the best falcons all the time dont worry. I was just wanting to see some last dragon videos to see what level of falcon there is out there in the uk excluding fuzz since hes too good (as i see and have heard).

The Last Dragon

Smash Apprentice
Hello guys... i don't know why you guys still talk about me, but I'm gonna throw a few facts out there...

1. Aiko: Yes, you beat me as marth in bolton but thats only coz u told me to my face that you were getting wrecked in friendlies against me and winning wud b impossible with your fox/falco.

2. J03: I'm better than you, I don't really know what else to say and I'm not being rude either. You told me you were upset that I took Craiggg & that Samus player (Darkmike I think) out the tournie, then you played me and I beat you COMFORTABLY...TWICE. Afta that I didn't wana play you anymore...

3. Tuna: I have never played you but I'm guessing your new? Your CF is good, I think you might be able to take Warning in a ditto but I'm not sure your at my level yet. But then again you might get me at GT2 if you keep at it! :D

J03

Smash Master
haha if i had money to burn id love to MM for ridiculous amounts VA. i would love a MM though if we dont play in tourney =). You seem to think im massively overrating myself but dont be fooled i know my level. I dont expect to beat you i know what pressure play does to me xD. Im confident in my abilites atm and i know i have a chance of beating you but its not over 50% lol. I want to beat you obv but in reality i just have so much fun playing you because you style is amazing.

Pro: the bet was to show you that i honestly believe that tuna has the ability to place top 5. i cant bet an outragous amount because i dont have the money to do so in the first place lol. Its also not fair to Tuna, hes such a nice guy that knowing that if he lost would cost he soo much, itd put sooo much pressure on him that he wouldnt be able to play at 100% and hed feel awful if he didnt make it. Plus itd prolly be me who put him out on my own way to top 5, right after the set where i put you out obv =P.

loving it LD, i was referring to tourney matches, weve never played in my head at all and i dont remember playing you so it must have been friendlies i wont make johns. i have no idea who darkmike is =/ i am craigs friend, if you guys played id want him to win obv. All i know about you is you play a medicore falcon and rrriiiggghhhttt up to this moment i thought you were a cool guy rofl.

----------------------

OOPS i completely forgot i need to post about berlin. As ed doesnt have the funds ill be booking the ferry there and back. i need the 7 confirmed or i wont book. on my list is:-

Me
Ed
Alan
Yeniths
Beast
Robby
Mike

please confirm or confirm on their behalf (robby for mike and sam) i need your full names. also please dont confirm unless you have a passport lol. Ed if i need anything else let me know. I want to book by the end of the week

Also i have a problem with beast mike and Robby coming. im worried that having all 3 of you there will encourage you guys to basically become your own 'group' and possibly disrupt the dynamic, basically i want a good time. Im like 99% sure its not gonna be an issue but can you guys please be aware of it =D

Aiko

Smash Champion
I think prof and va are confused about what nw are saying. We are not saying we are amazing, we are not saying we can compete with the best in the world. We aren't even saying we can beat either of you consistantly, so trying to "prove us wrong" by offering a mm, regardless of value, is pointless.

What we are saying is outside the top few in London ie Charles, prof, va, frost and chrisboi (borderline), the nw (me, coey, joe and alan) will beat every other ACTIVE smasher in uk. That is the harsh truth. Tournament results prove that. So if tuna can compete with us, it is absolutely not an ill informed comment.

TunaCasserole

Smash Journeyman
Hello guys... i don't know why you guys still talk about me, but I'm gonna throw a few facts out there...

1. Aiko: Yes, you beat me as marth in bolton but thats only coz u told me to my face that you were getting wrecked in friendlies against me and winning wud b impossible with your fox/falco.

2. J03: I'm better than you, I don't really know what else to say and I'm not being rude either. You told me you were upset that I took Craiggg & that Samus player (Darkmike I think) out the tournie, then you played me and I beat you COMFORTABLY...TWICE. Afta that I didn't wana play you anymore...

3. Tuna: I have never played you but I'm guessing your new? Your CF is good, I think you might be able to take Warning in a ditto but I'm not sure your at my level yet. But then again you might get me at GT2 if you keep at it! :D
I wish I knew why you thought so :dizzy: Since the only recording of my falcon right now is that crews match with Ant. Please note, I'm not saying I'm better or worse than you, I'm just curious as to why you think so :D (Also, I'm an American studying in Scotland for a semester, so I'm not new to smash at all, but fairly new to tournaments and stuff. Thus, there's definitely a potential for nerves to get the best of me :() Either way, if you're going to GT2, it would be my pleasure to MM you Bo5 in Falcon dittos (especially for the sake of the spectators lmao x___x)

TunaCasserole

Smash Journeyman
Fair enough x___x At least then there'll actually be substance to the criticism...criticism which, honestly, I'd love to hear cause it might make something click for me -- and that's always good :D

J03

Smash Master
i thought we couldnt judge a persons skill from vids =P

im sorry i just couldnt resist xD

Pro: exactly so whats with this horrendous judgement after 2 matches rofl

maybe ooc can just judge a players skill after 1 or 2 matches lol.

Top Bottom