• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The NW Thread Next Fest 9th September !!!! BACK IN BUSINESS !!!

J03

Smash Master
tbh robby youd be ****ed the second we played =/.

but in reality it seems to be a really good idea. after a while all the big players will disperse amongst the tvs. as we have 3 tvs and at least 4 big players then itll really create a competitive atmosphere.

EDIT: ant and mike are coming round tomorrow, im any one else fancies it feel free

VA

Smash Hero
haha, joe. I played you for a whole day in Holland after the tounrament where I almost exclusively used Mario and Luigi. I don't remember losing many games...I'd be worried for your health if I got my peach out.

J03

Smash Master
id make johns but the second i see low tiers in friendlies... well the johns make themselves lol.

but in all honesty i in no way fear your peach at all, i love playing peachy. if we meet, go fox for your own sake

VA

Smash Hero
well I remember those friendlies being...not so friendly towards the end.

but anyway, I don't dare devastate you as openly as my fox would. I'll let peach do the talking, it will be especially interesting seeing as you like fighting her.

J03

Smash Master
haha i remember our little tif well rofl. i was surprised we didnt tred on toes more often, probably because you kept me laughing my *** off like all the freaking time xD.

and this convo is unfair, its just making me wanna play you =(. i think ive only played your peach once in a friendly at ph2 =/. i did win it though so i can honestly say i have a 100% win record against your peach!!

VA

Smash Hero
you didn't win vs my peach at PH2! I beat you noob. I 2 stocked you on YS!!!!

you nearly 4 stocked my fox though xD

Tamoo

Smash Master
I know you're sad that I don't wanna rep london but try and stay level headed please.

Also this ironman thing is amazing cos we are all so roughly even in skill, I don't think anyone will be staying on for too long

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
I know you're sad that I don't wanna rep london but try and stay level headed please.

Also this ironman thing is amazing cos we are all so roughly even in skill, I don't think anyone will be staying on for too long
Yeah I am pretty sad because we used to have a even level of winner and losers and since you stop living in London the population of losers have decreased :(...we need more losers so comeback when you can.

And loool at 'we are all so roughly even in skill'......no you really aren't.

VA

Smash Hero
it reminds me of canada, everytime I went to someones house to play smash it was winner stays on between like 4 people. made each time you play matter.

Blinky

Smash Journeyman
If you get rewarded for winning, there's more incentive to try. I'm not saying that this'll be the absolute defining of who is better than who, but if you got another go you'd definately want to try harder.

Aiko

Smash Champion
its not just about staying on and getting more games. There are 3 setups so eventually you will have the 3 best on a TV each. Its how quickly you can get the wins. Theres no point playing a campy peach/jiggs/samus etc when you win 1 game every 5 mins because you will lose out on points, as opposed to fox and marth gimping and winning every 2 mins. The rate at which you win matters! but playing a technical fox can get physically tiring. Also you will get mentally tired after a while too.

so its not a matter of "winner stays on"

TunaCasserole

Smash Journeyman
I doubt anyone is so far out of everyone else's league as to not be worn down EVENTUALLY :D Still very hyped for thissss. Show me some of the UK's finest :D

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
Londoners have been travelling a lot for quite awhile now so I don't even know why youe saying that lol.

Literally like half of the people who attended PH2 were Londoners......so yeah......out of London people step up your quantity.

J03

Smash Master
id love to play along but at ph2 the only northern player there was me lol. there was only a handful of OoL players there lol.

imo london has really stepped up and its sick that they have.

Blinky

Smash Journeyman
It was a northern joke, so you would not understand prof.

It was meant to only be taken as a joke and not in any way reflect on recent events.

Top Bottom