• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The North/West Pennsylvania Thread! HSV 3 October 27th!

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
Ebo I said if you want a differ character say so asap lol

I'm making the new imagine tonight or tomorrow at the latest, and I can switch your character if you want

dextasmurf

Smash Lord
Do you guys use losses for PR as well? It might be hard since ppl would hide the truth of losing to _____ in a MM, but it would be more accurate. if 2 people were close in their wins, bad losses would separate them. All I've seen in this discussion is wins against people.

just sayin
we did..my losses werent as nearly as great (actually i only had `), but winz over losses like 6-4

Smurf I'll point out that the lag was certainly in your favor even if your controller wasn't, in the end it worked out

Edit: BTW, I entered 3 PA events in this time frame

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=273770
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=266118

And the players bowl, did that make me eligible?

wutttttttttttttt?? there was hardly 0 lag since it had HD cables and even though controller messing up 110x over lag..u can adjust and account for lag u cannot adjust to random controller malfunctions...and it didnt werk out since i had to go to game 3 vs u...

@ ur tourney results, u wouldnt even be recommend as filter.

Ebo!

Smash Apprentice
you clown i didnt evan kno i was on this **** till like 3 days ago first time i actually looked at it um i wanna be idk anyone not fat

Ebo!

Smash Apprentice
i did abslotly nothing to contribute to the panel like i didnt evan say the word rankings till just now im pretty sure im kicked off the panel for not doing anything

_umbra_

Smash Champion
smurf, the lag on those tvs was mad gay even with component cables, but we all know you would have won regardless.

dextasmurf

Smash Lord
smurf, the lag on those tvs was mad gay even with component cables, but we all know you would have won regardless.
ur alive lmao jk....Its not like it wasnt lagging for me as well though, on top of dealing with lag i had to counter anything that my controller did on its own accord.

TheTantalus

Smash Hero
You gotta be kidding me on the lag, that was at least 6 frames

Dude, you won, but don't act like you're 100x better than me off that screen and that you would've destroyed me if there hadn't been interference. You barely beat me. I look forward to fighting you again.

Vex Kasrani

Smash Master

Dude, you won, but don't act like you're 100x better than me off that screen and that you would've destroyed me if there hadn't been interference. You barely beat me. I look forward to fighting you again.
Dude, your saying PA is mad easy cause Smurf was just considered 4th a few days ago, acting like you could be ranked the same, you started it ;]

dextasmurf

Smash Lord

I don't look forward to playing you there is nothing in it for me AT AL.
Not 100x......................

BUT A TRILLION....

6frames for you is 6 frames for me plus interference...

_umbra_

Smash Champion
any tournament match on an lcd tv is ****ing ********. It doesn't matter that both players have to deal with it, it still changes the game so much. It's 10x worse with melee, but it still sucks playing brawl in lag and not having that split second to react.

Vorosh

Smash Apprentice
playing with lag is a whole different game. It means next to nothing if you beat someone on a laggy TV. Its like having 2 players play brawl with sideways wiimotes: its the same conditions for both players, but does it really say anything about their actual ability?

Vex Kasrani

Smash Master
playing with lag is a whole different game. It means next to nothing if you beat someone on a laggy TV. Its like having 2 players play brawl with sideways wiimotes: its the same conditions for both players, but does it really say anything about their actual ability?
Not when its Brawl with ~6 frames tbh. Obviousily lag effects things, but its not COMPLETELY different.

You know whats a completely different game? Having a malfunctioning controller.

Vorosh

Smash Apprentice
I remember the last time I played on a laggy tv it was an incredibly frustrating experience. I don't know if it was 6 frames or 15 frames, or whatever. All I remember was the intense frustration of my character feeling sticky and unresponsive.

M@v

Subarashii!
mlg tvs werent very laggy. However, I was having trouble buffering my cg, which cost me huge in my mm vs mikehaze. I'm going to see if I can get some time at columbus just practicing my buffers on the tv during warmups.

Rogue Pit

Smash Lord
actually yal need a rogue pit on the panel and squall I'd **** you in my prime.

btw why do people care so much about this? yal act like you become better by being on the PR.

edit: woo im pages behind. referring to page 256

KT Kasrani

Smash Champion
Go to tournies that's all. and u have to be from the state.

Atleast 2 in state tournies. It ain't hard to get on the PA pr. After about 7th we jus add people jus to fill up the list.

dextasmurf

Smash Lord
I'm not sayn they suk. They jus didn't do anything good to say yes I'm power ranked.
honestly i just look at top 4 on the PR as being able to say that lol...Since this state is so0o bad no one else matters....although we have been steppin it up A LOT..

Top Bottom