• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The North/West Pennsylvania Thread! HSV 3 October 27th!

Xzax Kasrani

Smash Master
Mav if you want to do your own PR for West PA thats fine but your the top player in your region and your 9th on this PR(and me/vex/chibo/squall/mib didnt do anything amazing) and this was all done by for comparing wins and tournament results, you were not cheated you just didn't do anything. I think you should stay with this and strive and do better next season but if you want to have a PR with 5 mediocre players or a PR with 5 mediocre and 5 not good players then go right ahead. I'm not being an ******* either, I'm just stating facts.

M@v

Subarashii!
Xzax, your missing the point. I don't give a **** where Im ranked. Really. I had a lot more important things going on this past year other than smash. Also, we probably wouldn't be doing a PR anyway. The points I'm trying to make here is:

1. You guys are saying we have enough people, yet are putting southern jersey in? Say I was in charge of the PR, not philly, and I decided to put northeast ohio on it too. You guys would throw a ****storm about it. Its the same situation here. I am completely against them being on a PA pr. It makes sense for YOU guys because YOU guys play them a lot. WE dont. WE dont interact with you guys except at NATIONALS(Only 2 jersey tourneys I was at were sktar and apex, both nationals). We interact with Jersey even less. Now if you wanted to make this a PR for you and them, thats fine. Just leave us off it.

2. We don't even interact with you guys or the people you play against, so why be involved on your pr, especially when we don't want to be? There's always arguments about bias, and all it causes is drama.

3. What your doing is basing everything off of what you guys do, and just instantly assume the rest of us are ok with it. It would be like michigan just randomly saying that pittsburgh will be included on their rankings. To be honest, that's an example that has a closer relationship than pittsburgh Philly does; Pittsburgh tends to run into michigan at ohio tourneys and sometime pittsburgh tourneys.

My main problem here is the fact your including jersey because we don't have enough for a PR, yet your forcing the issue by including another region the rest of us outside of philly don't even interact with. Why? Probably because since you guys are so desperate to get Philly back on the map, you want to combine it with an area of Jersey to attempt to show that you guys are competitive.

Everything you guys do is for Philly, and just automatically assume whats good for philly is whats good for the entire state, even those who never interact with you. Stop treating philly as the entire state of Pennsylvania; you've done it for 4 years, and I'm sick and tired of putting up with it. I don't care if philly is 100 times better than the rest of the state; you don't own and decide what the rest of the state does. Stop acting like you do. I've been silent about this for years now, but no more. Stop assuming you have an automatic right to say what the entire state does. If you want to do this stuff fine; just don't force it on the rest of us.

I still think everyone in philly are awesome guys and all, its just that has been bugging me my whole time playing smash.

Xzax Kasrani

Smash Master
Then part your separate ways with us if you want to. I will take you off the PR and the other players from West PA from the HM's. It does make more sense to do East PA/South NJ and you guys try and combine with Ohio. Philly has been the main part of PA for the past 4 years, and we are the only ones whoever put it down and got **** done for PA. We've lived in 2 completely different scenes with TOTALLY different levels of skill. I wish you guys the best but this is where we finally go our separate ways unless you want to stay but it doesn't seem that way, and thats only you, your whole region should agree before you leave.

New East PA/South NJ Power Rankings!

1. Mew2king :metaknight:
2. Kingtoon :toonlink:
3. Salem :zerosuitsamus:
4. Xzax :falco: :metaknight:
5. Vex :gw: :dedede:
6. Chibo :rob:
7. Squall :snake:
8. MIB :wario:
9. Uno :metaknight: :gw:
10. Dark Falco :falco:

HM's:
Ebo :marth: :dedede:
6wx :sonic:

M@v

Subarashii!
Something that should of happened a long time ago lol. This thread will be overhauled soon. Also jimmy, there was a lot of stuff leading up to this; just wasn't all forum stuff. I'd explain it to you fully if I was in town. My last post pretty much summed up the reasoning behind this.

_umbra_

Smash Champion
yer damn right we seceded!

**** philadelphia

hail mikey

edit: mav, add northeast pa to this as well. We have absolutely nothing to do with philadelphia.

the melon!!!!!

Smash Lord
WilkesBarre-Scranton, PA/State College, PA
3DS FC
0963-1716-1141
Just call this the Everything That Isn't Philly PA Thread, that should cover it. Philly's dirty anyhow, messing up our good state. NEPA is clean, WPA is clean, CPA is clean, pretty much everything but Philly area is all good.

Xzax still acting like he's the one holding down the fort when KT/Vex be doing all the work. College is gonna hit you like a ****ing truck.

I GREATLY approve of this whole secession and I really will enjoy this time without them.

Hail Mikey.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
Just call this the Everything That Isn't Philly PA Thread, that should cover it. Philly's dirty anyhow, messing up our good state. NEPA is clean, WPA is clean, CPA is clean, pretty much everything but Philly area is all good.

Xzax still acting like he's the one holding down the fort when KT/Vex be doing all the work. College is gonna hit you like a ****ing truck.

I GREATLY approve of this whole secession and I really will enjoy this time without them.

Hail Mikey.
Yo really WPA, mainly Pittsburgh, is an absolute garbage pile lmao. I literally can't breathe there.

the melon!!!!!

Smash Lord
WilkesBarre-Scranton, PA/State College, PA
3DS FC
0963-1716-1141
Yo really WPA, mainly Pittsburgh, is an absolute garbage pile lmao. I literally can't breathe there.
XD I suppose once you get used to the Jersey/Philly air, everything else starts being bad. Understandable.

The ONLY way we can get a PR back in this state is if we start traveling. THAT MEANS MUTUAL ATTENDANCE OF ALL REGIONS, NO MATTER WHERE THE TOURNEY. I wanna see Philly/Central kids at Pitt tourneys, Pitt/Central kids at Philly tourneys, Pitt/Philly at Central, and EVERYTHING in between. State rankings mean the WHOLE state has to work together on this, otherwise there's no point, we might as well go through with the whole ranking by section thing.

EDIT: This makes me miss the old days where it was NEPA vs. SEPA, ToS vs. TOE, and the hate was twice as intense.

_umbra_

Smash Champion
There's still a good melee scene up in Kite's area! I hear gohan is beating the hell out of everyone.

Of course, we need to talk about upcoming tournaments! So far we know of only two being planned in our region for the immediate future: a Penn State tournament to be hosted by Mav, and Beefaganza 3, in northeast PA. So hyped for both of them, there's no tournament like a Beefaganza ^_^ Will update everyone when further information becomes available.

Kite, do you have any info on Stroudsburg area tournaments in the near future?

M@v

Subarashii!

_umbra_

Smash Champion
We could just keep it the PA thread... I've always said philly is west jersey anyway, now they're actually agreeing with me!

M@v

Subarashii!
Was great seeing a strong PA turnout for the ohio tournament this weekend everyone :)

PA players that went:
-Me
-Berserker
-Melon
-Space Thing
-Tedium
-Crews

Hope to see you all at HSV 3 in october and carrollfest 3 in november!

[FBC] Papa Mink

Smash Legend
NNID
PapaMink
Yo so me and 1-3 people are Megabussing for APEX and our final stop is lookin' like Philly.

Could anyone hook us a ride to New Brunswick come APEX?

I know it's far in advance, but i thought better early than late.

Vex Kasrani

Smash Master
Yo so me and 1-3 people are Megabussing for APEX and our final stop is lookin' like Philly.

Could anyone hook us a ride to New Brunswick come APEX?

I know it's far in advance, but i thought better early than late.
Not sure, but if you arrive a day or 2 early you can stay at my place til the tournament.

Top Bottom