• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The North/West Pennsylvania Thread! HSV 3 October 27th!

ThunderSt0rm

Smash Champion
Yea, if you ever feel like making the trip to Doylestown there's a comic shop there that has fight nights every monday starting at around 6pm. It's mostly SF4 and other fighters but we could play melee too.

ThunderSt0rm

Smash Champion
If you take it to doylestown the place is less than 5 min walking distance. I'll be on vacation for the next 2 weeks so if you're thinking of going I wouldn't bother unless you play SF4/other fighter.

Melomaniacal

Smash Champion
Yea, if you ever feel like making the trip to Doylestown there's a comic shop there that has fight nights every monday starting at around 6pm. It's mostly SF4 and other fighters but we could play melee too.
I had no idea, haha. Yeah I'll talk to my friends, we'll probably show up at a few. Is there Melee going down usually every week? I'd be cool with just showing up for friendlies and stuff.

ThunderSt0rm

Smash Champion
I had no idea, haha. Yeah I'll talk to my friends, we'll probably show up at a few. Is there Melee going down usually every week? I'd be cool with just showing up for friendlies and stuff.
I understand why. Smash isn't really big there, since it's basically horrible kids I have to deal with every week and the ppl who were actually decent stopped playing due to hate for the game (brawl). Melee could go down every week, it's just up until now there's been no point since it would have been just me.

I need to get to apex.........anyone wanna help out?

Dotcom

Smash Lord
Okay so this applies to everyone going to, or thinking of going to the Syracuse touney this Saturday.

The tournaments pricing is as follows:
Singles: 7$
Doubles: 7$ (per person)
Venue: 6$
So for the tourney itself, if you decide to do everything it's a 20$ affair.
Travel Information:
OKay we'll be taking the Megabus from 30th street station.
The train leaves at 9:10 A.M. , and costs 12$ one way. From there we'll most likely have someone pick us up from the Syracuse Transportation Station we might have to pay something, but since it's about 3 miles to the venue, i'm not expecting anything more than 3$ a person.

Returning.
Well the bus that we'll most likely take is the 3:35 A.M. bus from Syracuse which is 15$ and will leave us back in Philly around 8:30.
Transportation in total should be about 30$.

SO basically this is a 50$ tourney , EXCLUDING FOOD! I really want to go however, and I know some of you had plans to, so post if you think you're going to make it.

Dobs1007

Smash Ace
You probably should anyway. I play one of the ****tiest doubles characters in the game =P

And what chibo said.....recently. Besides maybe that 2nd place at Harrisburg

When Truth and I were perma-team mates, we were top a 3 team in the state EASY.

And if it wasnt for the fact you only let 2 teams out of pools at CoT4, we would of made brackets. We went 4-2 and didn't make brackets wtf <_<
Haha I loled so hard me and LatexRhombus beat this so called top 3 team. Still waiting for my 20 dollars from that money match. I told Umbra I can't wait to show up next year to you guys PSU tournies and win all doubles events :)

M@v

Subarashii!
Haha I loled so hard me and LatexRhombus beat this so called top 3 team. Still waiting for my 20 dollars from that money match. I told Umbra I can't wait to show up next year to you guys PSU tournies and win all doubles events :)
If your being serious about the money you seem to be imagining we ever agreed to a mm. I'm 99% sure your just joking around but making sure.

Oh and If I team with bs or rev(if hes not rusty) and we will destory you and umbra. Just saying.

_umbra_

Smash Champion
me and dobs prob wouldn't team, bad things happen when both players are drunk...

i'm prob gonna team with rev or slim and win

lolllll @ dobs/latex vs mav/truth though, that **** was almost as funny as when me and latex's roommate beat you guys, the first time he ever really played brawl

Dobs1007

Smash Ace
If your being serious about the money you seem to be imagining we ever agreed to a mm. I'm 99% sure your just joking around but making sure.

Oh and If I team with bs or rev(if hes not rusty) and we will destory you and umbra. Just saying.
It was during smashfest at LatexRhombus place MM me in both melee and brawl next time I see you...

me and dobs prob wouldn't team, bad things happen when both players are drunk...

i'm prob gonna team with rev or slim and win

lolllll @ dobs/latex vs mav/truth though, that **** was almost as funny as when me and latex's roommate beat you guys, the first time he ever really played brawl
Haha Umbra we could win if we both try 100 percent. But ya M@v most likely I would be bringing someone I would team a philly or Maryland guy or get LatexRhombus to show up :)

Nø Ca$h

Smash Champion
me, ranmaru, vorosh, artemis, hax's little brother aka isais illegitimate child aka artemis' brother, and ranmarus gf.

maybe that thunder dude if we get in touch w/ him

Metal Reeper

Smash Champion
me, ranmaru, vorosh, artemis, hax's little brother aka isais illegitimate child aka artemis' brother, and ranmarus gf.

maybe that thunder dude if we get in touch w/ him
Lol nice subtitle for Matthew. Also, I think im going as Metal Reeper since some other guy has coined Artemis and has already registerd for Apex.

Melomaniacal

Smash Champion
What, I'm not invited? :laugh:

And about the smashfests and stuff in PA, me, Palpi and BOA still plan on doing more at our place, it's just that the last couple of weekends have been too busy.

Metal Reeper

Smash Champion
What, I'm not invited? :laugh:

And about the smashfests and stuff in PA, me, Palpi and BOA still plan on doing more at our place, it's just that the last couple of weekends have been too busy.
Alright if anything is happening just be sure to IM me, No Cash, or Vorosh and we'll see if we can make it ;] Do you guys have any videos of yourselves?

Melomaniacal

Smash Champion
Alright if anything is happening just be sure to IM me, No Cash, or Vorosh and we'll see if we can make it ;] Do you guys have any videos of yourselves?
Nah, we don't. Never ended up playing on any set ups with recording equipment.
No Cash was at our last (and first) smashfest. We have a thread that we will bump once we get another date. The place is BOA's garage, located in Yardley, PA. Walking distance from the train station, pretty spacious and weird (hundreds of lanterns all over the place) place.

Metal Reeper

Smash Champion
Nah, we don't. Never ended up playing on any set ups with recording equipment.
No Cash was at our last (and first) smashfest. We have a thread that we will bump once we get another date. The place is BOA's garage, located in Yardley, PA. Walking distance from the train station, pretty spacious and weird (hundreds of lanterns all over the place) place.
Yeah I googled mapped the adress from my house once, it's about a 30 min drive, and I havent been living in the area for long and have never used public transportation by myself lol. But I should try sometime and hopefully not get super lossed.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
I don't know if I can host at Drexel anymore this year. I don't know how I'm going to renew the DSO this year now that GOTM has graduated. I don't know of any other smashers here to run it with me, and I need a vice prez.
I need a new venue.

I should be able to host a couple events in Sept/Oct before it expires.

Top Bottom