• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The North/West Pennsylvania Thread! HSV 3 October 27th!

Inui

Banned via Warnings
Yoshi vs Snake is annoying. If he's planking (all Delta does), then you have to time grenades to explode right over the ledge and just wait for the 5th egg and then punish his attempt to get back on the stage. You should time your grenades to explode when they hit him or go near him or else he'll throw them back. Don't let his eggs hit your grenades. If you force him into his shield, do whatever you want. He can't punish you OOS and his roll sucks.

Atomsk and I are both very good at Snake vs Falco, as are the New England Snakes. We can teach you the match-up and you'll begin to think Snake wins it for sure, as I do.

Squall of fame

Smash Cadet
Thanks INUI i hold u to those tips about the falco matchup. The yoshi part make a whole lot of sense or let him go over the ledge grab limit lol.

Inui

Banned via Warnings
Yeah, you can hit me up on AIM for a more detailed conversation about Snake match-ups. You can also ask Atomsk about a few of them, namely MK, Dedede, and Falco.

Snake is my 2nd best character and I've been using him for a long time, so yeah, I'm good with him and know stuff. :p

mib004

Smash Ace
PA is getting **** good again. "now only if we can get rogue pit, andy G, and the rest of the greats back in the game" i dont think we would be the worst brawl state anymore.

M@v

Subarashii!
PA is getting **** good again. "now only if we can get rogue pit, andy G, and the rest of the greats back in the game" i dont think we would be the worst brawl state anymore.
forgetting people who used to suck who are actually good now.

I.E Me, squall, kingtoon, smurf, fury.

Well, We didnt SUCK...but we are all a lot better now.

Fury, your mk isnt bad, if you didnt upb as much you'd be better for sure.

Oh yeah, if I can get umbra to practice again that'd be good too.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
ok so big news for philly players and ppl who want to go to tourneys in philly

the bus company megabus, which i use to get to NY and back cheap, is opening up a TON of new routes all operating from 30th st station. they will now be transporting between 30th st station to and from
-boston
-toronto
-atlantic city
-buffalo
-syracuse
-state college
-harrisburg
-baltimore
-washington
-pittsburgh

its low cost and all of their new routes start about halfway into july. unfortunately after /HOPE, but this is still great news as its an easy low cost method for us philly players to get to tourneys and for OOS players to get to our tourneys.

_umbra_

Smash Champion
state college? niiiiice.

wait wtf i just went to the site... 1 ****ing dollar????

am i reading that wrong or will I be at drexel tournaments this fall? O_O

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
its as low as a dollar
the more unpopular the time + the further ahead u book the trip = the cheaper it is, and yea iv found $1 things a lot
also as a promotion for all these new trips you can book a ton of the new routes now for a dollar
the avg price though is still really cheap, i go to NY on average for about $11 one way

im going to announce a new tournament tomorrow probably, and this might be a good thing to use it on if u can get the dollar deal

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
We (panelists) need to set rules for this season before it gets too late into things, we never did.

Anyone hit me up on AIM when you want to talk about it. Let's try to find a time were all on.

Xzax Kasrani

Smash Master
No bull**** chibo just trying to **** over mms this season.....you can't take it away the season already started and mms have occured. I'm against it but you can't put big factors into play when the season started already

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
There have been 2 tournaments this season, and I tried to start this discussion before the first one. You should remember when we tried to talk about it on the way to Columbus. We're still multiple months away from the season ending. We don't even know how much their worth, we still don't even know exactly how much they counted last season beyond "not as much."

And our conversation on it was going good, but was completely ruined when you claimed that pools shouldn't count anymore, and wouldn't mind changing that mid season.

Xzax Kasrani

Smash Master
The thing is MM's started already, pools didn't. Pools for small tournaments should not count.....your the only one that thinks they are legit. Changing something partial way in that hasn't occurred is one thing, then changing something that already happened and trying to change it is another.

Xzax Kasrani

Smash Master
Pools are ********. Pools at national level tournaments are one thing and pools at 16-30 man tournaments are another. Not only do pools THROW OFF seeding for people bull****ting around, you tend to put yourself in the pool that always never eliminates and you try and get wins from there.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
omg 2 freicken tournaments where I was in a no eliminate pool, theres no difference. Who cares. And the last time it happened I wasn't even the highest seed in the pool, you were.

M@v

Subarashii!
MMs should count, because what happens if you don't make it to many tourneys with other PR'd people? How else are going to get to play them to serious matches?

I'm saying this because I live in eastkabum**** in reference to the majority of the PA players.

KayLo!

Smarter than your average wabbit.
3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
Your seeding can be a little lame sometimes Chibo, not gonna lie.

But anyways, I'm online at night usually..... haven't been on AIM in a min, but I'll try to hop on every night this week. Tomorrow I'll be around after 10 or so.

Xzax Kasrani

Smash Master
Ok? It still doesn't add up every tournament you use pools in for small events, yours NEVER eliminates if there is one or more that doesn't(COT3, the past 2, and I bet I can find others) and on top of it everyone else thinks it's a joke. I was trying to get this out of the way before it happens like you should of with MMs but you didn't. I'm not gonna let you **** people over on there wins cause the panel didn't do what they should of.

~Nasty~

Smash Lord
MM's should count, but not nearly as much as tourney. It's not too late to set up a rule on this xzax... MLG was just last weekend and it was the first tourney for this season... MM's only started a week ago, lol. What is one week out of say a three month season? 1/12... which is approximately 8%... not a huge deal considering there's 92% of the season to go. (If it's 3 months long).

/my2cents

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
how do we determine exactly what not as much is? you cant put a numerical value ( a % ) on a non numerical thing.

if we rid MMs then everything counts the same

~Nasty~

Smash Lord
^ the grand prize in tourney is always going to be more than what someone is mm'ing for.. therefore the level of play is going to be higher, bc the amount won is greater.

i understand that it's hard to put a set % to it, but something needs to be figured out where you don't have to eliminate it completely. What happens if someone gets seeded poorly and loses to a pro round 1 and a top ranked player shortly after that in losers bc of an upset or something? That person doesn't have a great opportunity to show that he can place higher than other ppl in the bracket.

I'm just trying to stir ideas around, idk of any solutions. In the end though, you're right, Chibo. You can't put a % to it and it'll most likely have to be voted for either counting or not counting.

dextasmurf

Smash Lord
U can't just say o the season just started so mm thing can change no. People including myself have already risked their money nd either lose or profited from it. If I knew mm wouldn't count I wouldn't do them I don't need to hustle $5 bucks here Nd there to get by. Chibo if u r going to fight for pool at a small tourney where everyone gets out either way then mms should count also once they r for 5andup.

FuRyOf1000SuNs

Smash Journeyman
^^^ This is win.

Bottom line, you can't change something mid season. Why don't you guys start talking about the rules for next season now instead of trying to "fix" things for this season? This past saturday I went to a tourney and what Nasty said just happened to me, I lost to Nairo (who won the tourney) and inui.

KayLo!

Smarter than your average wabbit.
3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
I don't think anybody was saying mms shouldn't count. ........At least, I hope not, because that would be silly.

I thought we were only clarifying exactly how much they do count.

Top Bottom