• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The North/West Pennsylvania Thread! HSV 3 October 27th!

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
I just don't understand, why don't people take pools seriously? They are a part of tournament and effect your results.

FuRyOf1000SuNs

Smash Journeyman
Pools should only count if there is a significant amount of ppl (compared to the size of the tourney) that aren't making it out.. it only makes sense, cheebs if you're the only one thinking that it counts when everyone else is saying that it shouldn't (or not as much as MMs) than maybe you might want to reconsider why people would take pools seriously.

Also @ Kaylo, yea the panel are humans and can decide for themselves what should count more and what shouldn't but I think that there should be a hierarchy set in place because otherwise, rankings could potentially turn into bullcrap..

For instance, when I told Smurf all of the people I beat so far in tourney and MMs, he kept saying (on each one) "that's not gonna count" or "that's not gonna count for much" or "he was sandbagging obviously, so that's really not gonna count" etc... So if I miraculously beat someone that I shouldn't have beaten, there's gotta be a john for the other player's sake so that I just don't launch myself to #1 in pa in one season... So if I beat Ally as Wario in a $5MM, obviously that's not gonna count for much because he didn't go Snake right? That shouldn't work like that, IT'S STILL ALLY and his wario is still beast..

dextasmurf

Smash Lord
it was in regards to u vs inui's snake....it counts but not as much as if u beat his Mk...same goes for Kai and rookie...although kai's diddy is legit

Inui

Banned via Warnings
Kai's tournament main is actually Diddy Kong because Sonic is horrible.

Beating my Snake is just as good as beating my MK. Fury's win is 100% legit, he got me. PA is getting good.

Inui

Banned via Warnings
did panelists see the MMs between fury and inui
Why would I manipulate this?

I 2-0'd him with Snake in tournament, lost 1-2 to him in an MM of Snake vs MK after, then 2-0'd him in another money match that he didn't want to count for rankings despite a loss to me meaning little and a win on me being big, especially for his state since I've only lost a set to one PA player ever in tournament. Fury is one of two PA players to ever take a set from me.

Fury beat me when I tried to win and bet $5 on beating him, and I care a lot about money. I didn't play so well, but he won.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
You're the one saying over and over we should monitor things. Just a question I asked that I'm wondering the answer of.

I don't recall you saying you wouldn't take it seriously, but okay.
It seems like you weren't aware of this yourself with the 2nd match not being for rankings, so I would like to know if panelists were aware of this.

Inui

Banned via Warnings
I was aware he didn't want it to count for rankings, but it was still a $5 MM and I did try my hardest to win and I kinda ***** him. I think it should count, but he doesn't, so whatever. It's not like a second win on him will boost my rank much or anything like that, so it's not a big deal to me.

FuRyOf1000SuNs

Smash Journeyman
Dude thanks Inui. And Chibo, are you saying that we can't MM for rankings unless a panelist watches it? Although I understand the reasoning, it kind of sucks.. How about it's fine if it's at a tourney and ppl can attest to it?

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
You guys can't even attest to it though lol, Inui claims he didn't know it wasn't going to count for rankings, and Fury claims that it didn't and shouldn't.

There's already a inconsistency here lol

and even though we haven't hammered out the rules exact yet, ask any of the panelists, so far the general consensus has been that a panelist has to see it. We even treated this rule as such towards the end of last season.

Inui

Banned via Warnings
You guys can't even attest to it though lol, Inui claims he didn't know it wasn't going to count for rankings, and Fury claims that it didn't and shouldn't.

There's already a inconsistency here lol

and even though we haven't hammered out the rules exact yet, ask any of the panelists, so far the general consensus has been that a panelist has to see it. We even treated this rule as such towards the end of last season.
n00b read my posts

I was aware he didn't want it to count for rankings, but it was still a $5 MM and I did try my hardest to win and I kinda ***** him. I think it should count, but he doesn't, so whatever. It's not like a second win on him will boost my rank much or anything like that, so it's not a big deal to me.
It's insignificant, anyways. Another win on him won't help me a lot and a loss for him to me doesn't hurt him at all.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
n00b I said I didn't recall he'd be serious, not that it wouldn't count for rankings

different thing

and I put it there in my season records at like 3am out of habit

there is no inconsistency
3am johns? You putting it on your list of wins clearly is a inconsistency lol. If it didn't count for rankings it shouldn't have been on that list.

FuRyOf1000SuNs

Smash Journeyman
Relax everyone, it's settled.. he already said that the 2nd MM isn't gonna count for rankings..

Anyway, just make a hierarchy and get it over with..

Also @Inui, thanks for backing me up but just wanted to clear up a mistake in your post, it was actually 2-0 the set I won.. I didn't really wanna bring this up now cuz it would have sorta disproved our argument but come ranking time, they're prob gonna ask me why I didn't bring it up sooner..

I won the first match and then banned Halberd and you took me to FD and you almost came back but I hit you with a grounded upB..

~Nasty~

Smash Lord
WOW I missed a lot of convo today... lol..

Smurf, you said keitaro and Eazy could mm but it would count for money and bragging rights bc a panelist isn't there... what happens when u mm fury and noone else is there. You are a panelist so it counts? What if you and fury both agreed to give each other a win so you both don't lose money, it helps boost his PRing and it doesn't hurt yours... it's perfectly feasible for this situation to happen bc you're a panelist and could get away with such a thing. (Not saying you would do that.. but for the sake of Keitaro's argument, i see what he means).

dextasmurf

Smash Lord
WOW I missed a lot of convo today... lol..

Smurf, you said keitaro and Eazy could mm but it would count for money and bragging rights bc a panelist isn't there... what happens when u mm fury and noone else is there. You are a panelist so it counts? What if you and fury both agreed to give each other a win so you both don't lose money, it helps boost his PRing and it doesn't hurt yours... it's perfectly feasible for this situation to happen bc you're a panelist and could get away with such a thing. (Not saying you would do that.. but for the sake of Keitaro's argument, i see what he means).
false....

IF fury and I mm'd another panalist has to be there besides me for it to count..and im fighting for inner crew mmz not to count only if they face in tourney...

BTW come to the tourney this weekend scrub(NOSCOTTJOHNZ)

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
In the NJ thread Inui creates the rankings problems
In PA he tries to stop them

It's like when Inui crosses state borders he comes BIZARRO INUI

Kaiber Kop

Smash Master
Tournament

Defeated:
MechWarrior
Fury
Xionix
Kimchi
Knightmare
Will
Kirin
Jash

Lost to:

Jband
Orion x 3

Money Matches

Defeated:
Delta-cod
Cross
Gunblade
BigM
Kai x 3
Fury

Lost to:
Delta-cod
Orion
Fury

Just keep track of losses like I am. It's that simple.

Witnesses.
You got 3 wins on me, but only 2 were rankings wins

~Nasty~

Smash Lord
@Smurf... funny thing actually.. scott just called me and told me he can't come home this weekend... looks like i'm free for saturday.. now the only problem is that my car isn't fixed. :-/

anyone wanna come get me? Smurf? Fury? (Will help w/ gas $$$)

The Phazon Assassin

Smash Champion
How about people just play instead of trying to corrupt rankings on the Internet that don't really matter that much?

Holy ****, guys.
Best thing I've read all day. All the people coming up with various ways to screw the system over are gonna be the ones people look at when reporting stuff. Can these people be trusted?

I'm watching you.....all of you......(D)

mib004

Smash Ace
mm should'nt count, and if they do then nobody between KC/UFB mm should count because we play all the time, were all on the same side in tourney unless we are playing each other, and were like the only good PA players. I think u only get bragging rights and money between the two.

dextasmurf

Smash Lord
mm should'nt count, and if they do then nobody between KC/UFB mm should count because we play all the time, were all on the same side in tourney unless we are playing each other, and were like the only good PA players. I think u only get bragging rights and money between the two.
wenz the last time u played chibo, or vex, or nassty? KC doesnt play UFB ALL the time....u keep sayin they shouldnt count without any reason y not..and sayin not everyone has the money to do so is dumb

mib004

Smash Ace
wenz the last time u played chibo, or vex, or nassty? KC doesnt play UFB ALL the time....u keep sayin they shouldnt count without any reason y not..and sayin not everyone has the money to do so is dumb
we all used to play each other all the time. mm is stupid, enter tourney do good get ranked. If mm is that serious why enter tourneys then? It should only get u money and that's it. And if a tourney is 10$ for singles, then mm should be 10$ for ranked mm. And if tourney is 5$ for singles, mm should be 5$ for ranked mm. Should be value of tourney entry for mm,

Keitaro

Banned via Administration
Corrupt rules aren't good, period.

Its like saying "why ban planking? Instead of thinking someone will be a douche and plank for 7 mins just realize they won't"

Even if an entire 2 tournies go by without it happening it still can happen and most likely will happen eventually imo.

Can't say "don't worr, no one will take advantage of a hole we left in the rankings system" Why not try to fix it instead?

From what Smurf is saying, I really like the way the rules are set in PA though. Just about perfect from my point of view.

dextasmurf

Smash Lord
we all used to play each other all the time. mm is stupid, enter tourney do good get ranked. If mm is that serious why enter tourneys then? It should only get u money and that's it. And if a tourney is 10$ for singles, then mm should be 10$ for ranked mm. And if tourney is 5$ for singles, mm should be 5$ for ranked mm. Should be value of tourney entry for mm,
u pay 10bucks to be in a bracket and get 2 losses and honestly if ur not top pro u are not seeing ur money

in a mm its a battle between u and someone else THATS IT! if u win u get the money if u lose u lose money no losers bracket for u..thats y tourney matches count more. However, the chances of u making a profit in a mm are extremely greater then tourney and therefore should make u wanna play harder (5 and up although i would like to raise it to 10)....

The $2 mmz were BS point blank who the f cares about 2 bucks...I almost beat shadow for 2 bucks, but at JGz tourney i asked to mm him and he said sure and in a calm voice said how much, when i said 5 he said REALLY and got real excited and ***** me (HARD) and took my money...u cant say mmz are stupid when they can buy u a foot long lol (i had 2)...its not even like they count as high as tourney but they are a bonous..helps the panel out a lot 2 when figuring out tie breakers

As far as us playing each other i sandbag in friendlies a lot unless im not MK.... so how does that mean anything? TUsm ***** me in team and single friendlies and wen that 25 bucks was on the line i won 3 in a row....same goes wit squall...wen there is money on the line people play different and react different...

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
my thing is that MMs have tons of problems surrounding them. ppl potentially fudging results, panelists having to watch these things like a hawk, people telling us to monitor them like crazy, ppl being pissed when we dont monitor then when MMs happen without a panelist, possibility of some ppl forgeting things, ppl doing MMs with other characters, etc etc etc etc

tournaments we have a sanctioned event ran by TOs, and hard results in the tourney results section/AiB with brackets etc

cant beat that

Inui

Banned via Warnings
You should trust people more. It's obvious when people are BSing. Just require some witnesses to vouch for the set being serious business. That should be enough.

Top Bottom