• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The North Carolina Melee Power Rankings! Updated 8/14/14!

vZakat

Half Genie
Well, honestly, I don't feel like my peach would do better against Marth than my ICs anyways sooooo it's not like I'd choose her against you or some random Marth.
I felt like I was having more trouble against your ICs than your peach when I played marth, so yeah...

ZIO

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Adam told me that you said there's a way to never light-shield. Some sort of button combination before the start of battle so it makes PS easier.

Is that true, Alex?

lord karn

Smash Master
Adam told me that you said there's a way to never light-shield. Some sort of button combination before the start of battle so it makes PS easier.

Is that true, Alex?
Yeah, hold down whichever trigger you use to shield until right before it clicks while you plug it in. If you do it right, that trigger won't light shield, but will just hard shield when it clicks all the way. Just learn to light shield with the opposite trigger. This also has the added side benefit of making it harder to accidentally shield after a wavedash or lcancel. I do this every time I play now.

ZIO

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
That's an interesting bit of information.

I'll give it a shot and see how I feel about it.

Diatenshi

Smash Lord
Yeah, hold down whichever trigger you use to shield until right before it clicks while you plug it in. If you do it right, that trigger won't light shield, but will just hard shield when it clicks all the way. Just learn to light shield with the opposite trigger. This also has the added side benefit of making it harder to accidentally shield after a wavedash or lcancel. I do this every time I play now.

hateee this ****

i never click it to sheild, i always "mostly hard sheild" like i go all the way b4 it clicks when i sheild

Foxy

Smash Master
I could see myself about a year ago finding this really really useful for helping my tech and my shield control, but I definitely improved to the point where I have almost nothing to really gain from that except distraction, and I guess it's all more to personal preference than it is to real benfit.

Foxy

Smash Master
...does anyone actually have trouble powershielding normally

almost everyone ive talked to about it including myself

gets almost every powershield if they remember to focus on it in the match

its not a hard technique...

ZIO

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
You must be god if you think PS is easy. Like I said, I compare it to Parry in Street Fighter 3.

There are some people who are good at it, though.

bossa nova ♪

Smash Champion
that's a bunch of horse **** foxy.

u must have forgot that you suck *** at this game. stop smoking weed.

Foxy

Smash Master
dj kind of has the gist

from my experience and all the people i've talked about it or done it with

obv almost no players in nc really try to powershield in melee but if i'm playing with them and spam and talk about powershielding

they usually stop spacing attacks and try to ps and they get it usually 2/3 of the time

and they usually comment that it's surprisingly easy, they just never think about it or think they can do it

but it definitely does stop you from playing your game

you have to work that focus into your overall style of spacing to make it more useful

like overt

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
Yeah that's absolutely right, but I still think I'd suck at it(or at least not be consistent enough).

I'll train with Twitch on those Puff Bairs eventually.

Bl@ckChris

Smash Hero
josh, i thought you'd mention meee

even back in june i had you mad/salty when u started spacies cuz one morning i PS'd like all your nairs so i could grab.

you were still winning of course. you just thought it was a broken mechanic lol.

PS'ing is fun. its one of my only ways of getting grabs on spacies. which leads to **** on spacies.

Lightsyde

Smash Champion
josh, i thought you'd mention meee

even back in june i had you mad/salty when u started spacies cuz one morning i PS'd like all your nairs so i could grab.

you were still winning of course. you just thought it was a broken mechanic lol.

PS'ing is fun. its one of my only ways of getting grabs on spacies. which leads to **** on spacies.
Yeah, I actually really hate powershielding a lot but I've been trying to reserve my hatred for things in this game lately. Have no fear, it's still a pretty long list.

Lightsyde

Smash Champion
Yeah. Shine out of shield is extremely annoying but I've gotten better at it and it just makes me more wary of spacies' shields so I don't hate it quite as much.

Foxy

Smash Master
Yeah. Shine out of shield is extremely annoying but I've gotten better at it and it just makes me more wary of spacies' shields so I don't hate it quite as much.
i rarely shine oos with fox just because i play better with most other defensive options, i don't like it that much for beating shield pressure at all. i will do it on an edgeguard if i shield and upb, otherwise not really

i do with falco though, because you can shine-aerial oos

Top Bottom