• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The North Carolina Melee Power Rankings! Updated 8/14/14!

Ocean

Smash Master
Slippi.gg
OCEAN#0
you have to admit, the ending on the first one is the best.

stingers

Smash Obsessed
okay i fixed the annotations dj >.> its still kinda off but its hard to find the right timing with the way these annotations work

DtJ SmithZzz

Happy Birthday Kjell
I lol'd so ****ing hard at ****ing HugS.
HugSHugSHugSHugSHugSHugSHugSHugSHugSHugSHugSHugSHugSHugSHugS

name search, son. You will.

justice

Smash Ace
I heard melty blood... I actually have the game and used to play with the locals around at State till things started to happen. :S But, I would love to play melty blood with anyone...

ZIO

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Nice combo vid, there, Kevin. Exemplary video editing. Would watch again.

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
Not terrible, it has good ideas, but you just gotta learn to capitalize sooner and maybe change up a few move choices.

It looks like you don't play her much but maybe I'm wrong.

*P*L*U*R*

Smash Hero
I started seriously considering her as a secondary like a month ago. I don't think it'd do much for my matchup issues with IC though. I'd still lose to Fox, I'd still lose to Marth, I'd still go about even with Falco, still lose to Falcon and Ganon. But now I lose to Sheik instead of going even with her with IC! Awesome.

I'd probably only pick her in doubles because she's a much better character than IC. And that's only if I feel like my IC is hopeless in dubs, which I don't really feel like.

I airdodge on stage too much and sheild too much.

Game 1

00 - 00:15 LOL ****. *pats self on back*

0:25 LOL airdodge into more ganon USmashes, Chris. I'm dumb as hell.

Footsies @ 0:29-0:34 should have pulled a turnip or something at some point.

0:45 - FCNAir OoS was a poor decision

blahblahblah. the list goes on.

I have weird ideas. I remember at one point I knew chris was gonna try to stomp me and I remembered that PEach's head is invincible during her Utilt so I tried using it to beat out the stomp. I missed and got stomped. >:[

Diatenshi

Smash Lord
I started seriously considering her as a secondary like a month ago. I don't think it'd do much for my matchup issues with IC though. I'd still lose to Fox, I'd still lose to Marth, I'd still go about even with Falco, still lose to Falcon and Ganon. But now I lose to Sheik instead of going even with her with IC! Awesome.

I'd probably only pick her in doubles because she's a much better character than IC. And that's only if I feel like my IC is hopeless in dubs, which I don't really feel like.

I airdodge on stage too much and sheild too much.

Game 1

00 - 00:15 LOL ****. *pats self on back*

0:25 LOL airdodge into more ganon USmashes, Chris. I'm dumb as hell.

Footsies @ 0:29-0:34 should have pulled a turnip or something at some point.

0:45 - FCNAir OoS was a poor decision

blahblahblah. the list goes on.

I have weird ideas. I remember at one point I knew chris was gonna try to stomp me and I remembered that PEach's head is invincible during her Utilt so I tried using it to beat out the stomp. I missed and got stomped. >:[

character matchups depend alot on the player, since we arent the top metagame level... nor playing against top level metagame people

peach can **** marff upp

camp those turnips , and dont pull em near that mofo or you get hit

DI away all the time, always, saves you from combo's

even DI up vs marf can get out of ken combo's and ****... marth cant kill off top so.... yeaaaa DI'in out of that fsmash... important

*P*L*U*R*

Smash Hero
last i thought peach did better than IC's

but that nana blizzard into.... anything

hurts
Peach possibly does do better than ICs but I'm still not entirely comfortable with her.

And Marth can outspace the blizzard and tipper IC. *rolls eyes*

PLUR you need to teach me peach vs marth
or someone does

im sooooo bad at it =[
The only thing that I've learned is to always have a turnip in hand. But i kinda figured that out general because her approach is dookie. You could probably watch the Armada vs M2K matches for a better idea.

lord karn

Smash Master
Peach vs. marth is decent for peach only because Marth has a real hard time setting up kills on peach. You always want to take him to a huge level.

As for turnips, yeah they're important. But you also have to keep in mind that marth can aerial through turnips and still hit peach sometimes. Generally, you want to use turnips to get marth on the move, and then try to corner him or catch him. This way you at least get to make it harder for him to space. If you are straight up approaching him, it's pretty easy for him to space and either avoid or cut through turnips. I think you want to use turnips to force marth to approach you from bad spacing. Remember, if marth hits your shield and it was spaced improperly you can grab or aerial out of shield. Also, if you shield an fsmash you can always wavedash out of shield and grab.

Marth can't do much double fair spacing in this matchup either. If you're anywhere near him when he double fairs you can catch him with dash attack in between I think. Marth also can't spam delayed fairs either, because peach can also dash attack before the fair. Basically, if you're not retreating or hitting with a fair, peach can dash attack you. Marth should be dashdancing and moving around threatening grabs more than he should be spamming fair in this matchup.

Another thing, powershielding for peach in this matchup is really good. dsmash out of powershield might be able to beat spaced fair. Dash attack and jab are also legit out of powershield in this matchup.

ZIO

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Powershieldind is so hard to do for me. It's like trying to parry in 3rd Strike.

lord karn

Smash Master
Powershieldind is so hard to do for me. It's like trying to parry in 3rd Strike.
You can't lightshield at all if you want the powershield to happen. There is a small inner ring in the hard shield. For physical attacks, the attack has to hit that inner ring within four frames of it coming out to powershield. For projectiles, it's 2 frames. For physical attacks, that's just as many frames as you have in brawl.

Top Bottom