• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The North Carolina Melee Power Rankings! Updated 8/14/14!

vZakat

Half Genie
From my understanding. He beat 2 good people and lost to 2 bad people. There for he is in a neutral state and not in competition for the 10th spot.

Or something like that...

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
Beat cam and sneak, lost to articanus and robert. Those two he lost to are unranked and not even close to being considered for being ranked(articanus maybe in GA I dunno but either way his performance at g6 3 was very bad so it doesn't matter) so yes those losses are much worse and outweigh his wins vs cam and sneak.

When you win some you don't get ranked, you also have to not just have terrible losses too or it will cancel out in a way.

Sometimes the wins outweigh the losses, and sometimes the other way around. This time it was the other way around.

SK919

Deal with it
articunas beat rock crock at CEO, destroyed fearless, almost beat uber ice.....

went even with linguini in friendlies enough to make him salty and avoid counter picking green greens.

just saying. He must of choked bad, he's been playing a long time with no tournament exp. He's def l0zr/dop level though. A lot better than most of NC.

Just an FYI :p

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
articunas beat rock crock at CEO, destroyed fearless, almost beat uber ice.....

went even with linguini in friendlies enough to make him salty and avoid counter picking green greens.

just saying. He must of choked bad, he's been playing a long time with no tournament exp. He's def l0zr/dop level though. A lot better than most of NC.

Just an FYI :p
Oh I know he's good, but going off of his data(since we don't have GA PRs to look at) it's not a legit win.

Seems like once again something's wrong with the system

:phone:
How would you interpret the data then?

Bl@ckChris

Smash Hero
yawn

guess i better beat sneak again

and one day, i'll actually play david in singles...one day...

theo's in scotland...so i guess he won't be on next period...

really wishing i didn't choke/rage out against josh at G6:3...ah well...

i got a new controller. my quest regarding fox seriously begins.

they did the best with their data.

bossa nova ♪

Smash Champion
LMFAOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

cle

Moophobia

Smash Champion
I said I was gonna do this when I heard the rankings so hear it goes.

LLLLLLLOOOOOOLLLLLLNMMMMMMAAAOOOOORRROOOFFLLLLNAAAOOOOOOO
god damn we ****ing suck to have this **** as our rankings.
Real

:phone:

Dark Hart

Rejected by Azua
Preliminary reading shows that sneak beat Theo, and since Theo beat gofg then no gofg? i guess that's cool...

Theo's also on the rankings, and above sneak???... even though sneak beat Theo and has a better tournament attendance and therefore overall record for this period??

god damnit these are never going to make sense to me

Bl@ckChris

Smash Hero
actually, i am a little curious about theo. but i don't really care that much. did he beat cam or ali or something?

edit: yeah he beat cam...well i guess that makes sense.

bossa nova ♪

Smash Champion
hahahahahahahahahahahhahhhhahahahahahahahahaahahhaha

holy ****ing ****

i am on the floor right now

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL

Bl@ckChris

Smash Hero
twitch why do you even care? you're there with an accurate place. go to bed or something.

i have inorganic chem in 8 hours. i'm going to sleep.

this is about as accurate as they couldve made it. given the data. which is horse **** data to begin with. which was why we needed to just slap something up and begin fresh.

~Twitch~

Smash Master
cullowhee, nc western carolina university
twitch why do you even care? you're there with an accurate place. go to bed or something.

i have inorganic chem in 8 hours. i'm going to sleep.

this is about as accurate as they couldve made it. given the data. which is horse **** data to begin with. which was why we needed to just slap something up and begin fresh.
yeah i can agree with you on...everything you said...i guess this is why i don't argue very much.

night chris

lord karn

Smash Master
I was just about to type up an explanation for why things are the way they are. Then I realized no one will listen to me anyways so I stopped. @__@

OmniOstrich

Smash Lord
This method of PRs is inefficient given what was used for this period imo.

Way too much weight is being placed on individual sets, when there are more factors going into a set than simply who is the better player.

The idea is that the PRs represent what the tournament results would end up like. You can't even use these rankings to seed tournaments properly lmao

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
Yay quit so that's not a big deal there.

The rest of this is just some of these people not showing up or others not trying as hard as they should have in tournament. No matter WHAT system you used that stuff would make the outcome look wrong to you so we're all gonna have to grit our teeth and bare the seeding until we can rank again(which will be asap).

Oh wait are you suggesting we use something outside of tournament data? That leaves opinions and that's....kind of biased lol. The PR system isn't perfect but at least it isn't biased(despite what some say).

GofG

Smash Champion
do you know how articanus did at g6 3?

it was bad.

he has bad losses like he has good wins. the losses outweighed the wins in this case.
not that i believe i should be on the PRs

but at G6 if I remember correctly I forfeited to articanus due to drug-induced exhaustion.

e: well, I remember being told afterwards that I had forfeited because I couldn't be roused. i did not know it was to this player.

Lightsyde

Smash Champion
Wow, Lucas trolled the ever living **** out of you, Kevin. Go read that exchange again. lmfao too good

Redd, Bryan, Dylan: Thanks for the support, guys.

Cam: Get up top of these where you should be.

For what it's worth, I'm honored to have a spot this high up. I was kinda shocked.

And it's okay. I know I haven't earned 3rd yet (not to you or myself) and everyone knows the data is wonky due to some normally high ranked players spotty attendance. I will earn it or lose it this next period regardless, so don't sweat it.

Top Bottom