• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The North Carolina Melee Power Rankings! Updated 8/14/14!

Ocean

Smash Master
Slippi.gg
OCEAN#0
trolling is dumb as **** either way. whether or not you start out as trolling, or fall back on trolling, you look like an idiot and/or an *******.

Ocean

Smash Master
Slippi.gg
OCEAN#0
Dont apologize for how you feel, because thats like apologizing for being real.
no. something doesn't automatically get exempt from the realm of being worthy of apologizing for just because it is a feeling. being racist is "how you feel", being homophobic is "how you feel", wanting to cheat on your spouse is "how you feel", people calling returning veterans from vietnam was "how they felt"; does this mean that they shouldn't feel as if they should have apologized?

Juno McGrath

Smash Hero
no. something doesn't automatically get exempt from the realm of being worthy of apologizing for just because it is a feeling. being racist is "how you feel", being homophobic is "how you feel", wanting to cheat on your spouse is "how you feel", people calling returning veterans from vietnam was "how they felt"; does this mean that they shouldn't feel as if they should have apologized?
Lol. No if you truly stand for something, if you believe that you are the tower, the last bastion of whats right in the world, the last statement of someone being real and true to themselves

then no, you shouldnt apologize. You shouldnt hide behind what people think is "Right" as long as you dont think it is.

I personally think everyone should live the life they want to live how they want to live it. :D

Lightsyde

Smash Champion
I was just trolling pure and simple if you look at my first post It was blatant that I was trolling
Keep back pedaling. You've said stuff like this before, on and off the boards.

trolling is dumb as **** either way. whether or not you start out as trolling, or fall back on trolling, you look like an idiot and/or an *******.
Yes.

Is there a difference between trolling and being blatantly offensive? Or does it fall under the same category here?
In this case, there was no difference. Dylan's whining to everyone who will listen about money for the wall that I had to initially convince him to let me give him. He likes to leave that part out. I housed him for SEVERAL days and he said nothing to me about it; I had honestly forgotten until I got his texts (long after he sent them) the other day.

I don't really think there is if you attack someone's integrity either way.
This.

Bl@ckChris

Smash Hero
Hmmm.. so when its nc vs nc on the boards the actually gang up on the person who is wrong. Interesting

:phone:
it's funny, a few days ago they ganged up on the "less serious" or "more trolly" person.

oh NC, you so funny.

edit: josh, you're mixing real life stuff with trolly board stuff. bringing real life dylan and housing things and money things into the conversation of trollface.XSsnap probably isn't helping anyone. you trolled sneak two days ago with your yankees hats and long faces, and dylan trolled you with the peach, puff, and ICs talk. believe it or not, i actually see what snap was doing there. i guess the fact that he didn't give it an "edit: reason" at the bottom made it...less of a troll? or more of a troll?

Divinokage

Smash Legend
Lol. No if you truly stand for something, if you believe that you are the tower, the last bastion of whats right in the world, the last statement of someone being real and true to themselves

then no, you shouldnt apologize. You shouldnt hide behind what people think is "Right" as long as you dont think it is.

I personally think everyone should live the life they want to live how they want to live it. :D
You are a big idiot, if you seriously think that you are the only one that's living and that you think you are the only one that can affect things, you are terribly wrong. The world does not revolve around you. There are other people for you to take care of. You have to respect other people's wishes and that's really the only way for us to understand one another. If you don't care then you are selfish and I guess that's fine too.. but don't complain about other people when things don't go your way, that way.

Juno McGrath

Smash Hero
Lol, Im not attacking anyone.

Im not "Back pedaling" either, My first post was indeed a troll. But you brought my personal life into this

You dont want me to bring the money up? dont bring it into the thread Im not the one whining you are.

Ocean

Smash Master
Slippi.gg
OCEAN#0

hitler probably thought everything he did was justified and he was the last beacon of hope, so I guess that makes it all okay!

too bad this is impossible.

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
Kevin I wanna know what you think about different characters learning curves

Or anyone really

:phone:
Hmmmm I actually don't think about this much LOL but I have played an extensive amount of Falco/Fox/Marth/Falcon so I can comment on those characters at least.

Spacies- extremely hard to jump right into due to the technical barrier. On top of that you need mental stamina to compete with each at a given tournament. That's a human thing though. Once tech skill is down, spacies have a lot of bread and butter strategies(especially in this metagame like dumb fox shield pressure and falco straightforward laser things) that take them very far through mid/high-ish level play. Only when the metagame reaches the very top do these characters struggle once again. Falco moreso than Fox because Falco gets less stage enjoyability and has much less favorable matchups(IMO f u guys) which get exploited harder(not necessarily the matchups themselves, but character traits like Falco's psychological weakness when losing or run speed or something because of player skill and knowledge). I don't believe Fox takes unreal skill to "master" or win majors with, he just needs more foolproof strategies being put together all at once and someone dedicated to this game lol.

Marth- Pretty easy to get into with a simplistic and huge wavedash and big range on both his huge sword and even grab. Guaranteed CGs on the 2 most popular characters in the game that can be practiced at home? Another major plus that takes early Marths far. Marth....hmmmm, in this metagame, Marth probably struggles a lot the higher he goes. Mid level play Marth is evening out with the spacies and he's hurting vs Sheik badly still and probably Peach too(who has easier combos on him and can juggle him well but also gets a projectile approach and Dsmash saver) among others. Marth here is all about kinda working on combos and finding ways to "approach." Seems to be a common mid level Marth problem from what I observe. Anyway, high level Marth seems to be hurting these days mostly due to their focus on speed and not enough focus on the fact that they have a huge ****ing sword lol. I'd say pushing Marth from mid to high level isn't too tough as that's mostly basics, but to move up in high level or move into top level is apparently ridiculous for Marth these days lol. Top level Marth wants to abuse his range and movement capabilities in almost a grounded Puff-like manner: that is, to threaten with his big moves without always committing(this concept escapes pretty much every modern player I've noticed). I think this abstraction and odd concept-working makes Marth tougher in the modern metagame, but I honestly think that's a player focus type of thing and not a problem with the character itself. IMO Marth should be able to push to that top level with a solid understanding on option coverage as well as the MANY MANY ways to wall and abuse his range vs his opponents.

Falcon- Kinda tough to get into since he doesn't exactly have anything "easy" to fall back on. He's kinda fast, but no one DD spams like they should lol. Falcon's nair is good but not vs most high/top tiers lol. So, for this reason, Falcon is tough to get into but okay if the other people you're playing don't really ****(aka can't handle Nair or DD'ing at all lol). Mid level Falcon seems to abuse his DD well, and focuses A TON on tech chasing and comboing. This is great, but is pretty easy to see through. Falcon will probably still get ***** mid level by generic spacie bull and he'll probably suck vs Sheik too lol since Sheik doesn't have to be particularly creative to see through Falcon's stuff or CC **** him rofl. Falcon probably ***** Peach at mid level though since Peaches don't know enough defensive stuff vs Falcon at that point. High level Falcon learns all sorts of movement tricks, including the platform/FH/DJ/height mindgames and ways to abuse hitboxes like the early Uair for example. He can't quite condition how he wants for tech chases, and he can lose momentum a lot still. Falcon's hard but he eventually gets to be more reliant on his extreme speed and DD game to buy time and mess with his opponent. Also new walling techniques are emerging that make his job of conditioning easier, and new Bair uses allow for clever manipulation of spacing. Falcon takes a lot of work to understand that though, so finding the line between high and top level Falcon is tough since the nature of the character tends to be inconsistent....but I could be wrong on that.

G2G will write more later if you want.

Ocean

Smash Master
Slippi.gg
OCEAN#0
You cant deny hitler had determination
did I? that has no relevance. you also can't deny that he got germany out of depression, or that he was a great leader, but that doesn't make what he did okay.

Divinokage

Smash Legend
The only reason why as to Falcon may seem inconsistent is because a certain Falco player has tons of free combos on Falcon so of course Falcon will die a lot easier lol. Edgeguarding Falcon off-stage is FACEROLL.

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
The only reason why as to Falcon may seem inconsistent is because a certain Falco player has tons of free combos on Falcon so of course Falcon will die a lot easier lol. Edgeguarding Falcon off-stage is FACEROLL.
I've played the character a ton and know his inconsistencies well since he's reliant on the opponent getting stuck or DI'ing into certain traps that won't always work. =)

That and he's like Falco in that he's momentum-based as well.

Edit: Thanks for the props. <3

0Room

Smash Lord
Top level Marth wants to abuse his range and movement capabilities in almost a grounded Puff-like manner: that is, to threaten with his big moves without always committing(this concept escapes pretty much every modern player I've noticed).
Really? I think it's a very easy concept to grasp.
Marth's the least dangerous when he's chosen an option imo. It means he can't choose a better one.

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
At the same time, the stigma lies in people thinking once Marth commits he can be punished a lot since his moves seem to be slower. You just have to have a different mentality when playing the guy I believe. Committing in walls or what seem to be walls and that's why Mango also said Marth is a lot of "pretty movement" as you're kind of adjusting that spacing constantly, whereas most characters just throw out moves when they need to most of the time.

Top Bottom