• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The North Carolina Melee Power Rankings! Updated 8/14/14!

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
Wow so is only a 2 hour drive!? Now I am pumped! I will Most def go to Raleigh to smash then once I get my car.

Since when am I a legend? I suck compared to y'all now I have touched the game in like 2 years :(. I'll get my quick fingers back though.

Wilmington is only like an hour drive right? Money, I need to train up again. Dr peepe's Falco is a thing of beauty good stuff reppin him man!

HOLLA
=)

You're legend since you trained the original beast Falcos like Chops and Shiz haha.

Innovator status like Mike G and Sastopher(etc) for Peach.

Edit: http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?p=12505273#post12505273 Asheboro on May 28th(2 weeks after G6 3)

Lightsyde

Smash Champion
Lmao Ali ****** me and Adam in that one MM. So good.

I hope I won once I came back? I can't remember. haha

Amazing weekend though. I beat Kevin a few times (his Falcon twice, his Falco 3 times in dittos). He wasn't super warm yet but I've never beaten that guy's bird at all prior and felt like I still really earned the wins (aka I had to do crazy stuff just to kill him and play super weird). Even got a lucky two stock or two.

Needless to say, we played again later when he was really warm and I was more tired/slower and things were much uglier. Kevin's such a cutie when he's salty. <3 Too fast. :[ Super put in my place status.

Also, I was super proud of how well my Marth/Falcon were doing vs everybody this weekend. Got a few really legit wins and some super hot combos. :]

More than anything though, I had so much fun spending time with everybody. Cam and Aasem were the homies as always, despite their other worldy status. haha

Lightsyde

Smash Champion
SHUT UP KEVIN YOUR FALSE CONGRATULATIONS HINDER ME ENDLESSLY WAIT TIL I'M STANDING OVER THE CHARRED AND CHEWED UP BODY OF YOUR BIRD THEN YOU WILL KNOW MY NAME BUT YOUR THROAT WILL BE TOO DRY FROM SCREAMING FFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUU

In other news, yeah thanks Kevin. <3

Chris: Possibly attending, depending on my how my eye is later. It's so angry. :[

Divinokage

Smash Legend
A good example, I did 2 best of 101s vs players much worse than me so far.. but they still managed to take off 1 or 2 games out of 51 games lol.

Edit: Well if you keep trying then eventually 1 or 2 games will become 3-4 games. And also if you keep trying vs top players, you'll get to say.. I took a game off vs (Insert Top player here) That's how a glimmer of hope gets created and then with that hope you'll want to get at least even with that player yes? =D

*P*L*U*R*

Smash Hero
SHUT UP KEVIN YOUR FALSE CONGRATULATIONS HINDER ME ENDLESSLY WAIT TIL I'M STANDING OVER THE CHARRED AND CHEWED UP BODY OF YOUR BIRD THEN YOU WILL KNOW MY NAME BUT YOUR THROAT WILL BE TOO DRY FROM SCREAMING FFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUU

In other news, yeah thanks Kevin. <3

Chris: Possibly attending, depending on my how my eye is later. It's so angry. :[
bwahahaahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

Ocean

Smash Master
Slippi.gg
OCEAN#0
I'd possibly go, depends if I can get my controller back in time, or when I'm there.
not implying that josh is like withholding me from attending stuff, I've just been too lazy to go get it.

Lightsyde

Smash Champion
A good example, I did 2 best of 101s vs players much worse than me so far.. but they still managed to take off 1 or 2 games out of 51 games lol.

Edit: Well if you keep trying then eventually 1 or 2 games will become 3-4 games. And also if you keep trying vs top players, you'll get to say.. I took a game off vs (Insert Top player here) That's how a glimmer of hope gets created and then with that hope you'll want to get at least even with that player yes? =D
I mean, in an obvious situation, I agree.

But randomly beating Kevin in Falco dittos is just...not something that will ever happen without some serious effort, especially now that he's the best in the world. I think two of the wins were even consecutive. I did however state he wasn't 100% fully warmed up etc legit johns.

Of course this doesn't make me good. Of course it doesn't even mean anything significant. It was just a personal accomplishment I felt like sharing. :\

Divinokage

Smash Legend
I dont know.. I remember when Bam and I played each other.. We did a Ganon ditto, he 3 stocked me when he hasnt touched Ganon basically ever and then I beat him in Falco ditto when i never played Falco right after. What does this mean? lol.

Lightsyde

Smash Champion
Oh yeah, the bigger accomplishment of my life was Lucas telling me last night that he approved of one of my combos. I can quit now
whenever Chris tells me he's proud of me. :[

Dark Hart

Rejected by Azua
edit: aaaaaand drill PRESSURE kinda sucks, you can use it to poke the top of their head when their shield gets small (the joey) as well as certain other small situations, but at most other times it's better to PRESSURE with nair, shine and crossup bair.
JOSH I ****ING TOLD YOU FOX'S DAIR ON SHIELD IS OVER-RATED!!!!!!!!!!

yea

I said it

you were wrong

COME AT ME BRO

/:cool:

Lightsyde

Smash Champion
JOSH I ****ING TOLD YOU FOX'S DAIR ON SHIELD IS OVER-RATED!!!!!!!!!!

yea

I said it

you were wrong

COME AT ME BRO

/:cool:
That's not what we were talking about at all. Did you not read what he said? He didn't say "Dair on shield" or even "Dair" sucks or is overrated. He said that Dair PRESSURE (he even capitalized it twice) sucked, which it does vs anybody with good OOS options.

Of course it's better to pressure Nair/Shine etc; everybody knows that's the best pressure in the game. You're obviously not going to stand there and drill his shield over and over. I was talking about the use of Fox's Dair vs Falco to beat shine OOS/other OOS options. It's also a big crossup/speed issue but you likely forgot that part of our conversation too. You just read what you wanted to. haha

All I said was, up close: Fox's Dair/Shine and tipper Nair + Fox's speed > Falco's Defense

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
Shield DI'ing Fox's Dair is fun.

Also reading the Fox boards supposedly you can shield grab Dair usually. Shields **** lol.

Falco still has lol defense though.

Lightsyde

Smash Champion
Shield DI'ing Fox's Dair is fun.

Also reading the Fox boards supposedly you can shield grab Dair usually. Shields **** lol.

Falco still has lol defense though.
EDIT: I don't even know what that would be like. I really need to play around with/have you show me some more shield DI stuff. Watching you precautionarily move your shield and homing with my aerials was crazy. haha

Maybe this is one for the discussion thread, or maybe just link me, but you can you elaborate on "supposedly you can shield grab Dair"? That typically gets me shined if they do it right. Is it a shield DI thing?

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
Not really, but you have to be like frame perfect shield grabbing or some bs LOOOL

I didn't actually think you could shield grab it but Fox board frame stuff says you can sooooo....

Top Bottom