• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The North Carolina Melee Power Rankings! Updated 8/14/14!

Bl@ckChris

Smash Hero
i'm interested in continuation rules, but i also feel that "new set, new count" should also be in effect. theres no continuation if you lose to the same person in any two other rounds of a tourney.

win by two sounds good, but can easily go horribly wrong with evenly matched opponents. the concept of "best of" works fine to me

edit: i'm more interested of stuff like playing out 4th and 5th, and maybe even 6th and 7th if thats reasonable. and when does "best of 5" start? losers semi's? and lastly, a thought of best of 7 grand finals. if you're looking for "more definite results", i think thats a better way to try to get them rather than a win by 2.

Bl@ckChris

Smash Hero
epic: yes. but sometimes tournaments already go half past dark and you know that DJ. maybe for grand finals in NC it could work, but not in any other round.

i just can't imagine there being a sort of "deuce" for a tourney set.

Bl@ckChris

Smash Hero
yeah...no.

is your interest in longer sets with more hype, or more consistent/meaningful data due to longer sets? or are you just searching for the next argument to have with pp?

*P*L*U*R*

Smash Hero
My Falco is weird. :/

So many Nairs, Dtilts and Uairs. And Shine -> Up-B -> Utilts

But ****, it looks cool when I do something awesome. I always throw my controller when I do something nifty.

Bl@ckChris

Smash Hero
i don't throw my controller very much.

but when that fox up B'd at an angle to BOUNCE across me INTO MY WARLOCK PUNCH...all bets were off. i honestly don't remember who i was playing against when it happened, but ****. it happened yesterday.

he couldve just as easily aimed for me and hit me in the back...

*P*L*U*R*

Smash Hero
Okay, maybe not literally throw.

Moreso just drop my controller and throw my hands in the mother****ing air, waving them side to side.

I then do the melbourne shuffle if there's room while screaming something ending in "yo ***** ***!"

Bl@ckChris

Smash Hero
oh, we're on the same page, mine was a drop, run and scream bent over like i was getting ***** standing up.

probably entertaining to watch. but i don't remember who i did it to. it might've been moo being silly/warming up, but that doesn't seem quite right either...oh well.

ZIO

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
You missed me outside at Animazement.

My shuffle was **** as ****.

I got compliments :)
Bean was there and he was recording those who were outside dancing.

Who were you dressed as?

i don't throw my controller very much.

but when that fox up B'd at an angle to BOUNCE across me INTO MY WARLOCK PUNCH...all bets were off. i honestly don't remember who i was playing against when it happened, but ****. it happened yesterday.

he couldve just as easily aimed for me and hit me in the back...
That was Ocean. That was funny and unexpected. Those matches were more fun to watch, IMO, than the constant FALCOFOXFALCOFOXFALCOFOX that I saw the whole time there. We have Kevin to thank for this Falco craze. There was also a match where Ocean did that spin thing with Jiggz onto the Mill on Pokemon Stadium and flew back off and died.

Matches were fun as hell to watch.

Ocean

Smash Master
Slippi.gg
OCEAN#0
probably entertaining to watch. but i don't remember who i did it to. it might've been moo being silly/warming up, but that doesn't seem quite right either...oh well.
it was me.

ZIO

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Ah, cool.

Guess I'll have to look at those videos again and see if you were in it.

*P*L*U*R*

Smash Hero
don't worry PLUR i'm listening ;)
LOLOLOL

My IC did some nifty stuff today too. Popo Dash Attack -> Nana Blizzard -> Popo Uair-> Nana Uair is just a tip of he iceberg(lolololol puns).

It's the same stuff I always try to get on Josh but he ***** me for it so I just slide around and Dsmash and make him angry. <3

Bl@ckChris

Smash Hero
it was me.
oooh ok. btw your jiggs was doing some good things. i would say that my primary thing to advise is to never use pound when close to the stage. if you think i'm gonna try to hit you when coming back, just use fair. i, as an opponent, would want you to pound, because during the end part, for one, you're trying to pull back (id assume) so youre already holding away, and then once i bair you, you fly faster than the speed of....a flying jiggs. fair is a good enough deterrent without the airlag of pound.

best of 7?

<3 ocean

Ocean

Smash Master
Slippi.gg
OCEAN#0
<3 chris

thanks for the advice bro. I've got a lot work to do.

*P*L*U*R*

Smash Hero
If you guys saw some of the stupid combos I get as falco on some people, you would think that I'm the best falco in the world.

Yeah, kevin. My combos are better than yours. *awesome face*

Lightsyde

Smash Champion
We have Kevin to thank for this Falco craze.
To be honest, I think watching Chops' new videos were what got me so amped to play him more, especially the set against Eggm. So vicious.

But it's not exactly a craze, Slasher and Bden already mained Falco. The only other people I can think of who I saw play him were Adam (whose Falco is actually really good) and Plur (who no one ever sees but me. ;])

null55

Smash Master
i wasn't at that fest....

i woulda done some sexi **** though.

:bee:

Top Bottom