• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The North Carolina Melee Power Rankings! Updated 8/14/14!

-ACE-

Gotem City Vigilante
I thought it was one in 300 for any item other than a turnip, and maybe one in 30-40 for a stitchface? I can't remember, it's not like I play peach haha

stingers

Smash Obsessed
peach isn't spectacular on follow ups anyway except on spacies so you want to play lots of hit and "run". i dont think its really running but constantly applying pressure with turnips and fc fairs and jabs so he cant pressure you with fairs and jabs haha. this is a match of shield pressure and chasing rolls/wds out of shield (basically rolls for ganon but we peaches have to watch out for oos wd ftilt and things of that nature). having a turnip is a great safety card because you can turnip oos if he starts fairing/jabbing your shield.

Juno McGrath

Smash Hero
I thought it was one in 300 for any item other than a turnip, and maybe one in 30-40 for a stitchface? I can't remember, it's not like I play peach haha
Well for the most part your right about the stitch face. its 38.6 repeating ;)

the three hundred number was recently proven wrong by some european guy.

thats the new figure for swords and bombs.

Saturn is like, one in 21.

Bl@ckChris

Smash Hero
how do you turnip oos? i need to teach ashley stuff like that.

and it is a lot of hit and run. depending on how the peach uses turnips can decide whether i look to run under the float and uair the peach and the turnip, or whether i run and bair the turnip and start over. choosing the right roll option becomes hard, but its always important for me not to get caught in my shield, or else peach's nair's, jabs, and grabs can get me in trouble.

edit: for something like that, how many turnips is a peach expected to pull in a match? cuz that has to be in the calculations...

Bl@ckChris

Smash Hero
ik its not pull lol. so peach won't shieldgrab, she'll throw the turnip instead? will it drop like a z in the air, or will it throw like a normal throw?

is it possible to smash throw oos?

stingers

Smash Obsessed
you cant shieldgrab a ganon jabbing your shield. and its a normal throw. i dont think its possible to smash throw but then again i've never needed to try so no idea.

null55

Smash Master
chris i cant ket you mm any character besides my falcon until you beat him.

falcon
marth
sheik
fox
puff
falco

you got sum work 2 du beetch

Bl@ckChris

Smash Hero
all i want right now is ur falcon anyway.

but i think i'd beat ur marth before your falcon. so once i take care of the falcon, it'll send me straight to sheik...which will be interesting to see if i can do when u don't have a brand new controller...

Bl@ckChris

Smash Hero
Hey Chris, you can MM your way up my list too

Goes something like this

Roy
Pichu
Mario
Doc
Marth
Sheik
Falcon
Fox
Falco
Blue Link
White Link
i'll go thru one char each tourney/smashfest we're both at, 1$ bo3 until i get to marth, then they'll be 1$ bo5, at least one try per tourney.

you best not quit before i can get thru that sheik at least.

Bl@ckChris

Smash Hero
snap, do u accept my non-ganon?

idk who that'd be, since i love the ganon vs marth matchup, but i'd like to see how...whatever secondary i have that day fares against it.

and yay trust me, i'm not jumping the gun. i probably won't beat ur roy until the fall. i just like to think ahead. i plan to get better.

Bl@ckChris

Smash Hero
i play ganon.

and i'm learning techskill with spacies...

so i play ganon.

edit: snap, i also wanna peach ditto u someday. not as a mm, but i wanna see it. will u be at the tuesday thing DJ has going on?

Ocean

Smash Master
Slippi.gg
OCEAN#0
Mooooo
wanna do somefin stab me in the throat this week?

null55

Smash Master
all i want right now is ur falcon anyway.

but i think i'd beat ur marth before your falcon. so once i take care of the falcon, it'll send me straight to sheik...which will be interesting to see if i can do when u don't have a brand new controller...
lol ya, in reality my falcon is better than my marth anyway.

you just ended up starting against falcon, so i had to change the list.

my falcon is getting really good though. i'm makin him my 2ndary :). grapes.

ya, i don't really need a broken in controller to play Sheik. i do need to actually play my game though lol. my Sheik is probably my 2nd best when i'm on.

it's gonna **** you.

EDIT:

don't worry Keith.. i <3 the **** out of you.

Bl@ckChris

Smash Hero
well you may not need a broken in controller to play sheik...but remember that duke where i beat u in tournament? new controller. thats all i was referencing :)

ah, thanks to these mm ladders, i'm a little more inspired to get better faster.

l0zr, go to DJ's thing. i wanna try to make it and get owned by youuuuu

Top Bottom