• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The North Carolina Melee Power Rankings! Updated 8/14/14!

AlcyoNite

Smash Champion
"It's very easy to commentate Shiek dittos becuase truly, the Shiek, does not make the player, it's the player that makes the Shiek, and I will die by that saying, the artist, that are these pro players, uh, final destination is the canvas, and the Shiek, is their pallet, of colors, and lets see what kind of, Shiek ditto they can paint today."
link?
:laugh:

TheLastCacely

Smash Hero
hey plur can you have the fest on Wednesday or something?

if anyone wants a huge lul, watch brawl players play melee. Vids will be up shortly.

<------- Best jiggz in the state.

null55

Smash Master
**** YOU RAWFULZ

AND **** YOU JMH AND CHRIZ

YALL DONT DESERVE ****

BESIDEZ MY ****ING ****.F@GGOTZ.

Bl@ckChris

Smash Hero
actually rawfuls, cam was up there on one or two before this one.

thanks for the congrats man. hopefully next semester i'll be able to get to those thursday smashfests if they still happen. i don't think i scheduled any dumb labs this time haha

null55

Smash Master
rawfuls are you coming to tourneys soon?

dont think ive seen you since the very first pause & play.

null55

Smash Master
Keith, my brawl-playing friend mutlishined like 6 times in a row last night.
lmao. holy wow.

i've thought about this a little bit before, particulaly after playing friendlies with him, but it would just be really ****ing god**** funny if Keith was actually meant to play melee (i.e. has a much stronger affinity towards it). especially after all his arguments about no one being able to improve at the game and ****. it would complete the giant web of irony so ****ing well.

TheLastCacely

Smash Hero
cam you will be pleased with my jiggs, i hope. shady will put the vids up soon. it was me ksk ( beautiful fox), shady(really good doc mario lol like really good.) Jon (ridiculous marth) and uncle (lololololol) <-- nah jk he plays dk and bowser.

edit: and i didnt say nobody can improve, i just think that newcomers that dont have any knowledge of how the game works, will either never be national level, or take like 8 years for them to reach it. I feel like the game has been out to long, and new comers will be at the bottom of mount fuji, taking like years just to make it half way(Topes lvl i guess?) Like melee is one of the most APM games (even more than starcarft). That **** takes years to get good at. But again, thats my opinion.

null55

Smash Master
lol no not yet.

Keith, i understand that perspective, but i dont agree with it. i had that worry as well until i understood from experience (which led to some theory lol) that this bar that has continued to rise since the metagame has started to develop actually has a proportional effect on the newcomers that enter the community. which is to say that if someone like pp started back in 04 and quit in 07, he wouldnt be nearly as good by the end of his career as he would be if he started when he did start and quit tomorrow. in my opinion.

thinking that new players remain static in growth in the face of higher standards is thinking far too lowly of human ability and is disregarding our commonly overlooked synchroneity with that of the natural world.

just

TheLastCacely

Smash Hero
keith your a melee player now?

i give up.
lol i dont play that ****ty *** game, with that ****ty *** community, with those ****ty *** characters like ****ty *** mewtwo. im brawl for life.

MLKeith.

@Cam- see what your saying, and maybe i am being a little critical.

ZIO

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
>talking about ****y characters in melee

>Seems to have forgotten MK in brawl.

wat.

*CT*

Smash Lord
Woah, you guys like exploded my brain, just play games and have fun :p and if your really after the money then go after the money and play ****ed up broken *** pieces of **** characters that everyone else plays :p......for money

Rawfuls

Smash Journeyman
@dave - whats up man
@chris - np man just glad to hear you stuck with it and keep improving
@cam - nah i havnt even touched a cube controller in ages. Not that I would disaprove of playing melee again, the game is too much fun. However, attending let alone entering a tournament is a little far fetched for me.

null55

Smash Master
@dave - whats up man
@chris - np man just glad to hear you stuck with it and keep improving
@cam - nah i havnt even touched a cube controller in ages. Not that I would disaprove of playing melee again, the game is too much fun. However, attending let alone entering a tournament is a little far fetched for me.
:(

aww **** i wanted to see you at something. i mean, if time is the issue, that's understandable. but dont be down cause your rusty. that's def fixable.

@CT: black chris, chris(ten) [PLUR], i was probably a chris in a previous life.

Top Bottom