• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The North Carolina Melee Power Rankings! Updated 8/14/14!

Ocean

Smash Master
Slippi.gg
OCEAN#0
the 24th. easter is always sunday.

EDIT:: how the **** did I get 5 minute ninja'd by chris? I am terrible at internet.

FlowinWater

Smash Champion
Are there any tourneys coming up? I want to start playing again so badly. I am *** though so don't expect me to be any good the meta game now is ridiculous.

HOLLA

everlasting yayuhzz

Smash Champion
Ill be down dawg, not sure my work schedule that far out yet either way ill come by after work or before or w/e. I need that fox advice you said you gonna give me. Also i need that practice against you that we never find time for at tourneys :c
kevin never helps us poor fox mains. we have to rough it out here in the harsh terrain while he flies around in his falco ship

ZeldaRox!

Smash Lord
so apparently we're banning black people and falco mains......seems kinda redundant but w/e.....oh wait nvm it's only redundant if you're talking about brawl.

TheLastCacely

Smash Hero
if yay gets banned from this tourney

then i get banned from this tourney

yall aint gonna pick on my homie like that.

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
Are there any tourneys coming up? I want to start playing again so badly. I am *** though so don't expect me to be any good the meta game now is ridiculous.

HOLLA
April 23rd there's a tournament in Durham. May 14th there's a tournament in Charlotte that should be pretty big. =)

kevin never helps us poor fox mains. we have to rough it out here in the harsh terrain while he flies around in his falco ship

I helped you Saturday for hours!!!!!

ATTENTION

I was wrong in saying I could go to ZR's thing on the 23rd. I'll be in PA for Easter that day. guhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

=(

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
Shut up Yay you definitely adapted and learned loooool

Also I don't give out advice unless asked so you better start askin me S or at least ask me to watch and tell you stuff because otherwise I figure you're wanting to goof off or figure it out on your own. =)

TheLastCacely

Smash Hero
i asked kevin for marth help
i legitimately wanted to get into melee learning either marth or shiek

all kevin said was that i needed to learn tech skill first...

AND THEN, when i asked for the fundamentals of marth play style

he just told me everything i saw through watching m2k play....

AlcyoNite

Smash Champion
i asked kevin for marth help
i legitimately wanted to get into melee learning either marth or shiek

all kevin said was that i needed to learn tech skill first...

AND THEN, when i asked for the fundamentals of marth play style

he just told me everything i saw through watching m2k play....
...and your problem is?

0Room

Smash Lord
Mango's 3rd match against Fly in that tournament is so dumb.
Also, what about this new UI? I feel like the main page is messed up.

Edit:
That commentator reminds me of some people in NC.

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
Mango only changed a few things to "not sandbag" and it scared Fly so he didn't kill Mango off of quite a few opportunities in addition to Mango ****** a little harder XD

Mango tried the same stuff on FoD and got fuh'd up almost.

lord karn

Smash Master
Only thing I don't like is the placement of user cp. I have to scroll up way more past the ads to get to it. I don't mind the button size, but I also wouldn't mind if they made them smaller.

Moophobia

Smash Champion
Well uh, I hate fighting sheik and try to stay grounded like you told me but I get so scared and end up jumping around.
How do I keep her scared and how do I di her dthrows?

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
Well uh, I hate fighting sheik and try to stay grounded like you told me but I get so scared and end up jumping around.
How do I keep her scared and how do I di her dthrows?
I mean you can jump around some you just have to be sparing with it. Think about it like this: Sheik has no real approach so what's there to be afraid of? You can take your time with things if need be.

Keeping Sheik scared would be waiting around/punishing her tilts/attacks so she doesn't do them as much and then you can go in on her.

DI Dthrow away at lower percents(utilt/usmash followups aren't what you want then) and mid is dependent on stage/% stuff(kinda rock and a hard place and mixups) then high % is basically all mixups or what you can survive(fair vs uair a lot of the time). Fair is a little harder to hit though due to the dash forward but not really lol.

Moophobia

Smash Champion
Alright what about pills, should I throw them out any time there's space or can she punish them?
and why am I the only one who does this now? Where's josh at? :S

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
That can vary. Technically if Sheik sees you FH/SH/do predictable movement before pilling then it's wayyy easier to punish a pill than if they weren't sure it was coming or not. GENERALLY SPEAKING, pills are okay given space. Just make sure you don't always do them the same way at the same time(unless it keeps working or you have a foolproof way to follow this up so just kinda feel out how you wanna do it).
I don't think Sheik can punish pills beyond Ftilt'ing them aside from going under them with dash attack and hitting you or something so keep in mind how she'd approach.

And Josh is moving to Texas/doing other things lately. He may stop in to theorize with us though.

Top Bottom