• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The North Carolina Melee Power Rankings! Updated 8/14/14!

Moophobia

Smash Champion
I remember you saying something about crouch canceling ***** her. What moves should I look to CC so I don't cc the wrong stuff and end up getting combo'd. Also doc ***** her recovery imo. ****s too fun... I need more sheik practice.

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
I mean pretty much anything you can CC and be good about doing lol. The problems begin to arise when you try to CC punish anything you shouldn't(like spaced Fair/Bair).

Tilts are best to CC punish, but jabs, Dsmashes, Fsmashes(particularly the first hit of it which happens more than you think due to quick attempts to Ftilt), Nairs, Dairs sometimes(if they don't knock you over) can be punished on CC fairly often as well.

So you can see Sheik isn't super safe on a well timed CC punish but you have to put yourself in those favorable positions(not spaced more importantly) to take advantage.

I'd play Sheik on you. =)

Moophobia

Smash Champion
If sheik fastfalls a fair on you at low%, cc dsmash ***** her.
I didn't know that! Also how long are you in town I really need ganon practice. Not looking to get double three stocked in tourney again

Edit: @ PP make the 4 hour drive to come play me :3

-ACE-

Gotem City Vigilante
just curious, what would you guys think about being pioneers and having a separate PR's for teamplay, like, in a nutshell "who's the best in teams overall", 1-10?

Moo I may be in the triangle until sunday, i'm not sure. I might be leaving saturday though.

Sneak8288

Smash Champion
just curious, what would you guys think about being pioneers and having a separate PR's for teamplay, like, in a nutshell "who's the best in teams overall", 1-10?

Moo I may be in the triangle until sunday, i'm not sure. I might be leaving saturday though.
I've seen this attempted.. its pretty useless unless you have super static teams and even if you did someone who gets carried would end up ranked inaccurately

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer

So many variables in teams it seems nearly impossible to do. Teams would be cool to focus on more but I don't know if it should happen that way.

I've seen this attempted.. its pretty useless unless you have super static teams and even if you did someone who gets carried would end up ranked inaccurately
and that

Would anyone want to play this week?
When I'm in the area I'll hit you up though <3

Divinokage

Smash Legend
Ya even teams tier list is pretty hard to do.. since the synergy between 2 players can make the GREATEST difference usually.

Edit: Though team Faceroll (Fox + Falco or Double Fox) is pretty damn gay lol.

-ACE-

Gotem City Vigilante
That's why we have panelists? If the list isn't super accurate that would only further encourage competition. I'm not saying we SHOULD do it, I was just curious.

lord karn

Smash Master
Eh, it wouldn't work, but I think it would be both fun and spark competition to talk about who the best teams players are.

1. PP
2. Lozr
3. Yay
4. Dop
5. David
6. Me
7. Stingers
8. Jim
9. Sneak (hmmm, maybe higher?)
10. Dunno

I also think other than pp/lozr, stingers/jim have the most synergy as a team

stingers

Smash Obsessed
pssht me and jim have way more synergy then pp/lozr
u ever see them play? lmao they go for the same things a lot, its pretty funny actually

Bl@ckChris

Smash Hero
i think jim and stingers > karn and david. but lists like that only make sense as a team...

if the goal of normal PRs is to predict a tourney result, then i feel like team pr's should look similarly.

PP/Lozr
Dop/Yay
Jim/Stingers
Karn/David
Me/Sneak
Josh/(insert teammate here?)

things of that sort. idk. would need consistent partnerships, and these are the only consistent partnerships in NC right now...

edit: but idk...some things are weird. like altogether, sneak is still far better in teams than i am. we just work well cuz i happen to main ganon. and that guy punishes pretty hard off of one hit/lives forever.

Ocean

Smash Master
Slippi.gg
OCEAN#0
consistent partnerships are great
we should have more of them

stingers

Smash Obsessed
is that why u think u played bad? cuz mango told u so? how do u know that mango was not just exploiting ur weaknesses and u are blaming it on playing bad?

Top Bottom