• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The North Carolina Melee Power Rankings! Updated 8/14/14!

Bl@ckChris

Smash Hero
chris, if u admit that jim and I are better, why are u still trying to give us ur money?
as a current PR, me and sneak don't have the NC data to put us above you guys.

we can beat you, but the data we have doesn't show that.

unless we use data like us placing 9th at TO6, or beating mogwai/pockyD at pound as evidence. even so, PR wise, our data wouldn't show it, just like it wouldn't show us being above karn and david, but i'm pretty sure we could take them now too.

lord karn

Smash Master
As far as the me/david vs. stingers/jim thing goes, it's pretty hard to tell.

I know in the head to head me and david have beaten them way more, but we haven't faced each other recently. I think the only time they beat us was one time in winners at a karnfest, but then we won the rematch in losers.

Random Thoughts:

I think David is the better teammate out of me and him. He's also more consistent than me.

From that, Stingers/Jim are probably more consistent on average than us.

I think that when I'm playing well me and david ****.

Sometimes david randomly gets ****ed up in matchups he doesn't know, but I think the same thing happens to stingers.

Me and david often have trouble getting kills.

Jim is really good at getting kills.

Me and david are both really good at surviving.

We did really bad at G6, but it's the first time I've ever tried sheik/peach.

lord karn

Smash Master
Dude, we haven't played in a long time. You guys beat us on that small tv in the backroom that one karnfest, and then we beat you in losers semi's/finals. Other than that I don't think we've lost to you guys.

stingers

Smash Obsessed
was it? damn idk then I can't remember that far back then

the new point is, ****s not even relevant anymore. you and david need to get at me and jim at g63 =D

Sneak8288

Smash Champion
i say we have a teams round robin at the next even to settle this shiz... who wants in?

plus i'm tired of stingers acting like he would win this MM when i'm pretty sure that won't happen

everlasting yayuhzz

Smash Champion
Eh, it wouldn't work, but I think it would be both fun and spark competition to talk about who the best teams players are.

1. PP
2. Lozr
3. Yay
4. Dop
5. David
6. Me
7. Stingers
8. Jim
9. Sneak (hmmm, maybe higher?)
10. Dunno

I also think other than pp/lozr, stingers/jim have the most synergy as a team
you obviously haven't seen my link in teams action

Lightsyde

Smash Champion
If I ever stopped killing myself, I'd most definitely be top 10 for teams. Ask Raleigh if you doubt this. Have no fear though, I am an SD machine when nervous. ;]

Also, after some enablement by John Wittle, I played with Dylan and then John for like 3 or 4 hours and I talked and taught (at their request) about Melee. I was playing super well and I was seeing the game super clearly, so it was an awesome time to try live action teaching like that. I was exhausted and dry mouthed afterwards, but it was really fun. Dylan improved dramatically as we played. *proud*

EDIT: Wait a minute. Me and the General beat the kids at the last BAC he was here. Y'ALL AIN'T EVEN GOOD

TheLastCacely

Smash Hero
nah, david wasn't at the BAC's.

lolkeith. how has brawl been for you lately?
I am focusing on mvc3 for a little while, im trying to get into 2d fighters. i have been on a hiatus from brawl since early February, after i won a tourney.

have you won a tourney in NC yet?

inb4blackchrissaysheplaysthehardergame

TheLastCacely

Smash Hero
LOL

your amaze just proves you have no clue what goes on in our scene.

you can check our results history for duke if you really want to know. And while you are there, check out the past ncsu's that i have won/ placed top 3. maybe seeing a person who is good in smash will motivate you to get better at YOUR smash game lmao.

DJRome

Smash Hero
lol chris, it's true that keith is way better than you relatively, but it also speaks to how bad our brawl scene is

TheLastCacely

Smash Hero
don't joke on stockfield. he is an upping comer.

the spanish man is getting better very fast, as is h1n1.

@ plur. yea are scene is not like top lvl

but we are not low by anymeans.

even though we had to use pp

we beat al/GA in crew battles, and they have heavy hitters. ( if you dont know who is from those regions, i will tell you)

And me and sushi were not even in the crew when we won. soooooooooo that would have been overkill

so i would consider us mid tier among america... kinda.... maybe... alot of our mid tier players are getting good, and placing well.

and even though me and shady have not been in singles for the past handful of tourneys, i still believe our mid tier players would do well if we had.

edit: but all of this is irrelevant... cause ima enter melee tourneys in the summer.... and wreck **** with jiggz and marth. and yes, i play with no honor, with no honor characters.

Bl@ckChris

Smash Hero
lol i'm not joking on stockfield. i figure he's somewhere around the brawl version of me. i know they have reflex, elev8, and some other players (idk if kismet was there). but i will state that overall, the competition for melee in NC is tighter than it is for brawl. I think we have more good melee players than we have good brawl players.

i'd also maintain that the last time most anybody in NC has played me in a serious match of melee was probably at enter the dragon. only people i've really played since then are greensboro/asheboro people, karn, and cam. so i think it's still kind of funny how many opinions there are of my ganon and my playstyle and my level of skill when nobody's played me in a couple months.

Top Bottom