• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The North Carolina Melee Power Rankings! (Updated 2/11/10!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rawfuls

Smash Journeyman
Jiggz dittos don't prove who has the better Jiggz loooool.

You're the only samus in NC (on your level I guess. I think ph00t plays her too?), so it doesn't mean a whole lot lol, but yes, you are the best Samus main in NC.

I think LoZR has a really good Samus. Ali too. So best Samus main, yeah. Best Samus overall? Not as sure.

EDIT: DITTOS PROVE NOTHING!!!!

for seriouslies
hahaha dont worry pp im more than fully aware of all of that... but jiggs and samus dittos sounded like fun

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
lol my bad bros you guys had me scared for a sec. XD

I beat LoZR in Fox dittos consistently in friendlies before TO4, that makes me the best Fox right? =p
I wish.

I saw that Foxy. That was an epic match.

-ACE-

Gotem City Vigilante
ledge dash/hypnotize :chuckle:

Edit:

"Anyone who thinks Jeff is worse than Darkrain eat your ****in words"
-some commentator

^^Lol there's talk that SS is awesome against marth now.. looool. Apparently ****** a marth that DI's/jumps into every attack/combo is a huge accomplishment.
<3 Taj's mewtwo : >

SS is awesome but all the blind ignorant fanboys kill his charisma for me.

On-topic Edit: MM's tomorrow?

Foxy

Smash Master
ace i'm up for mm's... unless i get scared of you.

but i was able to 1-stock you enough today that i won't chicken out, even if you **** me

*** - It's science!

Foxy

Smash Master
i at least try to take money matches seriously =P

friendlies just go all over the place though and are fun but you guys pretty much ***** me

but at least i know i could win if i get lucky in a serious match

so yeah, yeah

GofG

Smash Champion
i played ddr at AL a couple days ago and could barely pass tlom. i have no stamina anymore :(

time to go back to pro yoyoing.

Foxy

Smash Master
I do believe that this most excellent sport of Smashing Kinsfellows is of utmost delight to myself and my esteemed colleagues.

Regarding said hierarchy of prowess at said competition, I do believe that my fine sir Dave should be amongst the gentlemen of the list.

By and by, top o' the day to all ye good men.

GofG

Smash Champion
I am training on the peaks of the Blue Ridge Mountains. Every morning I wake up, set up my TV outside with my 300 yard extension cord on the peak of Mount ****** (the actual name of a mountain, mount [black person]), and train gruelingly on top of the mountain. It really is quite beautiful.

Unfortunately there are no ancient sherpa smash gurus in west jefferson to sit on my back while I practice waveshining with falco and convert me to buddhism, but I am making do with what I can.

Hopefully by the end of spring break, my time spent IN THE ****ING MOUNTAINS WITH NO ONE AROUND ME AND NO ONE TO TALK TO AND NO FRIENDS AND INTERNET ONLY AT THE MCDONALD'S DOWN THE STREET will have payed off and I will be on the power rankings.

Foxy

Smash Master
I am training on the peaks of the Blue Ridge Mountains. Every morning I wake up, set up my TV outside with my 300 yard extension cord on the peak of Mount ****** (the actual name of a mountain, mount [black person]), and train gruelingly on top of the mountain. It really is quite beautiful.

Unfortunately there are no ancient sherpa smash gurus in west jefferson to sit on my back while I practice waveshining with falco and convert me to buddhism, but I am making do with what I can.

Hopefully by the end of spring break, my time spent IN THE ****ING MOUNTAINS WITH NO ONE AROUND ME AND NO ONE TO TALK TO AND NO FRIENDS AND INTERNET ONLY AT THE MCDONALD'S DOWN THE STREET will have payed off and I will be on the power rankings.
*paid

Someone should go up to West Jefferson with you.

I'd come and play Melee for a week... maybe. But someone should.

You should watch all kinds of Falco vids like Zhu, Forward, Dr PP, Shiz, Mango... and see what they do and learn to do all of it.

Comboing with Falco is really very quick to learn and get used to after you get the tech skill.

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
I have no idea how you came up with that since all high/top tiers are extremely difficult to play at a high level, and all of them have to be approached in a different way as to what to focus on in a match.

I suppose you're talking about lasers, but it's not like SHL'ing will shut down anyone with Falco knowledge/experience at all really.

Rawfuls

Smash Journeyman
That would imply every other character doesnt have matchup problems but what i meant was after shl and pillar combos are learned your falco would be ''effective'' not necessairly going to win every match and i said ''play well'' meaning to not imply if he switches to falco hes going to start winning tournies and finally i did neglect to think of sheik so i retract my earlier statement

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
That's like saying "all Sheik has to know is throw off the edge and gimp or Ftilt to Fair" or "all Fox has to do is Nair to shine and shine spike" or "all Marth has to do is chaingrab and juggle" or "all Jigglypuff has to do is Bair and rest combo."

Ease of execution is negligible in all staple character abilities, and they are all equally effective, as they all result in pressure of some form and they all can easily lead to death if they are not dealt with properly.

Why are Falco's standard abilities better than Marth's or Sheik's or Fox's? Oh wait you retracted it, but only to say that Sheik has it easier. That doesn't make any sense either, but if I haven't convinced you by now then I guess there's no point in continuing.

Lol Stingers I'm not mad.

Foxy

Smash Master
Alright, here's what went down at UNCW:

I lost to BEHR 2-1 in round 1, first match was a bit silly and I counterpicked FD and won, then he counterpicked Floats and won. It was Falco vs Fox.

Then I beat a Wilmington guy (Sean) 2-0 in losers (Falco vs Marth).

Then I got angry and picked ANGRY RED FALCO instead of green for the rest of the tournament and beat BEHR 2-0 in losers for revenge (Falco vs Fox again). This time I banned Floats.

Then I beat Vilt 2-0 in losers (Falco vs Jiggs). We agreed to play FD only, for some reason. He got me with Sing-Rest. xD

Then I beat Karn 3-0 in losers finals (Falco vs Marth/Sheik). I don't remember stages except that match 3 was on Floats.

Then I beat Ace 3-0 in the first set and 3-1 in the second (he managed to pull back a win when I needed one more to go). It was Falco vs Ganon, obviously. The only specific matches I remember are his MANLY FD counterpick in game 3 of the first set, and my Jungle Japes counterpick on the last match.

Between losers finals and grand finals I money matched Spoon and won 2-1 (Falco vs Marth).

Then we started doubles, I teamed with Bill and we did the most amazing things you will ever see in team matches and hopefully we get it up on Youtube. We beat Vilt and Behr 2-0 and the UNCW team 2-0 and then lost to Karn and Ace 3-0.

After that I $1 money matched Ace and I swear it was 3-1, but he thinks it was 3-0, so who knows. I just remember not counterpicking until game 3. I tried japes and the river god got me 3 times... but he was playing better and I suppose I was less serious (as I had just beat him in 39 $1 money matches). And less laser spam to not be a ***** (aka "playing to win") like I was in grand finals.

Then I money matched Slasher and won 3-2.

As for matches not involving myself, all I know is that Behr lost to Karn and Ace (and that the sets were somewhat close, although I don't know the scores), and that Karn lost to Vilt (Samus vs Mewtwo).

GofG

Smash Champion
hell, you can be hungrybox and win state tournaments, and you don't even have to do the "bair" correctly off-stage.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom