• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The North Carolina Brawl Power Rankings! (Update 11/08!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

stingers

Smash Obsessed
i used snake once in doubles just kinda messin around...i use fair a lot
my snake is terrible

pp i wish you cared about brawl

theAPExp

Smash Ace
everyone should main snake
you'll beat the unkown ic's threat

there's app on halloween
charlotte somethin the week after
and billfest i think the week after that

stingers

Smash Obsessed
duo the next nc tourney is on the 14th, billfest. but you should come to georgia on halloween if you're not doing anything

TheLastCacely

Smash Hero
I honestly think diddy kong is better than snake
SHUT THE **** UP SUCHI MAN!!!

MK MAINERS ARE LIKE DOGS, YALL DONT HAVE SOULS!!!!!

p.s sup bro how are things, we need to play wifi sometime. and yes i think diddy is better than snake aswell.

stingers

Smash Obsessed
how come when you play wifi with me you say that you can't stand playin on that laggy garbage and then say you'll never play it again

then you go and ask sushi

ph00tbag

C(ϾᶘϿ)Ͻ
On what grounds is Diddy better than Snake? Diddy has worse matchups on the lower tiers rofl.
Their ground games both have the same premise (let your projectiles control places you can't be), even if they are implemented differently. So in that respect, they're really close in terms of stage control and approach (or not) options. Snake kills early and dies late, but he has relatively poor mobility and no air game to speak of. Diddy dies at the average percent and kills late, but he has ridiculous mobility on the ground and in the air, and he has a very strong air game. Not to mention a command grab gives him an excellent option against shields when he's in the air. This is something Snake lacks.

So basically, while Diddy has all of these strengths, Snake's only real plus other than stage control is survivability. Of course, when you consider that his recovery is mediocre at best, even this isn't all that much of a plus. In most match-ups, Snake is doomed to be responsible for a large portion of the damage he takes if he finds himself off stage, which kind of defeats the whole purpose of dying late.

stingers

Smash Obsessed
nah dawg...i'm 6th on the prs now...even mits would wreck me

:p

omni told me you were getting good...thats good to know

even if you like melee more...playing brawl is cool

OmniOstrich

Smash Lord
Their ground games both have the same premise (let your projectiles control places you can't be), even if they are implemented differently. So in that respect, they're really close in terms of stage control and approach (or not) options. Snake kills early and dies late, but he has relatively poor mobility and no air game to speak of. Diddy dies at the average percent and kills late, but he has ridiculous mobility on the ground and in the air, and he has a very strong air game. Not to mention a command grab gives him an excellent option against shields when he's in the air. This is something Snake lacks.

So basically, while Diddy has all of these strengths, Snake's only real plus other than stage control is survivability. Of course, when you consider that his recovery is mediocre at best, even this isn't all that much of a plus. In most match-ups, Snake is doomed to be responsible for a large portion of the damage he takes if he finds himself off stage, which kind of defeats the whole purpose of dying late.
You left out the part when almost all of snakes moves can kill and they also all do 15-25% which is ridiculous.

ph00tbag

C(ϾᶘϿ)Ͻ
You left out the part when almost all of snakes moves can kill and they also all do 15-25% which is ridiculous.
Ok. Now how does that boost him over "ridiculous mobility on the ground and in the air, and he has a very strong air game. Not to mention a command grab gives him an excellent option against shields when he's in the air"?

Honestly, all the kill moves in the world boot you nothing if you can't get in the position to use them. Snake relies on his opponents being in the position for him to use his KO moves. Diddy can actively put his opponent in that position.

Do I need to spell it out any more?

Ledger_Damayn

Smash Ace
Playing against Fritz's Diddy every day, I can safely say that he is one of the most aggravating characters in this game to play. Unlike playing Snakes, which is more or less reliant on YOU messing up, then getting punished very hard, there is a sense of inevitability with fighting good Diddys.

I'm kind of leaning towards Diddy being better than Snake as an overall character, but characters in this game aren't meant to be judged exclusive to their own ability, and matchup percentages will always say that Snake is better.

Like, I would call Ness and Lucas good characters because of what they can do, but I understand that they are bottom tier and by extension, terrible because of their laughable recoveries, low weight and grab release shenanigans.

Flamingo

Smash Lord

Diddy's method of stage control can be used by the other character against him. Snake's can't. Someone can grab a banana and b-move *****... Pikmin Toss, Dancing Blade, Tornado, Waddle Toss, etc... Whereas you try to pick up a nade, (whereas they should bee cooked so you can't...) but in the scenario that the grenades weren't cooked, you can strip them out of your opponent's hand or even mid-trajectory of their grenade throw.

ph00tbag

C(ϾᶘϿ)Ͻ
Diddy's method of stage control can be used by the other character against him. Snake's can't. Someone can grab a banana and b-move *****... Pikmin Toss, Dancing Blade, Tornado, Waddle Toss, etc... Whereas you try to pick up a nade, (whereas they should bee cooked so you can't...) but in the scenario that the grenades weren't cooked, you can strip them out of your opponent's hand or even mid-trajectory of their grenade throw.
Diddy has another banana if you try to take one of them. Lots of Diddys actually punish when you try to pick up one of his bananas. The point of the bananas is you have to do something about them, and anything you do is even a little bit punishable. Very rarely can you pick up a banana and threaten Diddy directly at the same time, and if he's holding onto a banana, picking up the other is usually not a good idea.

Ragnar0k

Smash Master
Diddy has so many ways to get around his own bananas being used against him. Don't even try.

TheLastCacely

Smash Hero
sorry bro, but as a snake main ill let u know, diddy is better than snake, its just people get so worked up about snake and they give in to the hype of him being second in tier list, that they sike themselves out and dont realize all u have to do is GRAB and snake is basically useless. Especially with meta or someone with a good grab range (D3)

Duo55

Smash Ace
sorry bro, but as a snake main ill let u know, diddy is better than snake, its just people get so worked up about snake and they give in to the hype of him being second in tier list, that they sike themselves out and dont realize all u have to do is GRAB and snake is basically useless. Especially with meta or someone with a good grab range (D3)
sssssshhhhhhhh dont give away the secret keith!!

ph00tbag

C(ϾᶘϿ)Ͻ
Darn I thought his Ftilt was still good.

Shows how much I research Brawl now.

I need to play good a good diddy sometime.
Ftilt's still good, but only if spaced right. Misspacing ftilt puts you in all kinds of trouble.

stingers

Smash Obsessed
if you ever whiff 2nd hit ftilt then you're ****ed

same with mk whiffing 3rd hit ftilt

just snakes are worse at stopping themselves

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
I thought it cooled down pretty quickly. Seems safe enough on shields to me most of the time.

Eh, whatever. Shows how much I know. Continue with the experienced discussion, I guess.

stingers

Smash Obsessed
well i mean

luigi can't punish it or anything

as rob i can punish with lots of things...ftilt is easiest

mk can punish it

ddd can punish it

if its spaced perfectly then you have to be faster but yeah

marth can probably run and dancing blade (don't quote me on that i'm just guessing)

ph00tbag

C(ϾᶘϿ)Ͻ
Isn't that why they do the whole first hit to first hit -> second hit Ftilt?
On hit, that's blockable/SDIable, on block, it's punishable. Snake can grab instead, but if you spotdodge, it's bad stuff. He can just wait and then reset, too. Basically, it's a frame trap, which really means it's good, but not great.

if you ever whiff 2nd hit ftilt then you're ****ed

same with mk whiffing 3rd hit ftilt

just snakes are worse at stopping themselves
If you do anything but hit a hurtbox with 2nd hit of ftilt, your ****ed. **** is so unsafe on block.

Case in point: I can shield grab Snake out of second hit.

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
Marth usually can, but that's it.

If I screw up even a little my shield is ***** and I get hit hard. Bleh.

Anyway, I see those characters punishing it obviously, but I was asking if more middle tier'ish characters could punish it too.

Ah well, not like it matters for whatever discussion is going on before I started spouting ignorance. Marth can punish it usually and that's good enough for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom