• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The NEW Zero Suit Samus Video Archives (Updated: 01/16/2009)

Status
Not open for further replies.

WarpStatus

Smash Apprentice
You shouldn't count on D-Smash > D-Smash > F-Air, as it's SDI-able and unreliable. Sorry, I wasn't thinking clearly or something when I typed my previous response. Or it's plausible that you misinterpreted my text. Either way, D-Tilt > D-Smash does in fact work at low percentages unless the Snake player jumps.
The frame window to jump is very small, so even if Snake does jump he'll likely eat a D-Smash. Considering his very slow and fast falling first jump, anyway.
I'm sorry, but I don't seem to understand what you are saying. Your first post I took to mean, that a dtilt was a good followup after a single dsmash at 0%. I was only saying that a double dsmash is a better followup. And it is more damaging even if you don't hit the fair or the upair, which it is very easy to do at 0% or any percent for that matter. So, he sdi's out of the second hit of the fair, if you are concerned about that just use the upair followup.

In this current post it sounds like you are saying dtilt is a good way to lead into a down smash, in which case I made no previous comment regarding this. In fact, I do agree at around 0% if you land a dtilt, there is a good possibility of a snake airdodging to the ground only to get punished by a dsmash.

Snakeee

Smash Master
Nice videos snakeee. I've noticed on these you use nair much more than before. What made you change that?
Thanks, and I realized how good it was. It's a great set up since they usually expect up air and DI it that way. The hitstun on it is ridiculous for Brawl too, so there are some legit combos with it and SFP has a thread about that.

Shadow Tactics

Smash Cadet
Snakeee, I see you're using the sourspot uair now =O. I was thinking about telling people about it since it can true combo into other aerials, but I thought it would be too hard to use consistently. I guess not though -points to your match vs Ophelia-. Great videos.

NickRiddle

#negativeNick
Wooooord. I'm nominating this one in the best vids of each character thread. Basically every KO in this match was brilliant, and aside from all that Snake grenade nonsense in the first stock, there are very few major mistakes.
Thank you. ^^

Hence

Smash Ace
Snakeee, you're definitely one of the most technical, uncluttered players in this game today.

Awesome matches, I loved the N-Air setups against Kirby.

Edit: You seemed much more aggressive with edge guarding in these matches. Your style has definitely changed. In your opinion, would you have preformed better at this tournament using your previous strategy?

Also, stop getting shieldpoked by tornado! XD

Nefarious B

Smash Champion
Snakeees DI is crazy good, how do you react that fast?

And ya the weak uair to bair is something I've been using more recently, super sexy.

Hence

Smash Ace
Snakeees DI is crazy good, how do you react that fast?

And ya the weak uair to bair is something I've been using more recently, super sexy.
Backwards U-Air is sooo sexy.

It sets up perfectly for a B-Air on most characters at around 40-50%. If they're at a lower percentage you can probably just hit them with Plasma Whip.

My DI is really good, but it's almost entirely subconscious. I don't think about it and it happens these days. I guess you just have to have experience and muscle memory will take over.

Nefarious B

Smash Champion
What I've noticed that has helped me somewhat is I will just hold up when I'm manuevering. I have tap jump off, so it helps, but obviously not on vertical kills and I'd like to be able to do it better.

Oh and 1:57 on Nick's 4th? vid (RC one) was awesome as well, we all need to start doing that.

noradseven

Smash Lord
Backwards U-Air is sooo sexy.

It sets up perfectly for a B-Air on most characters at around 40-50%. If they're at a lower percentage you can probably just hit them with Plasma Whip.

My DI is really good, but it's almost entirely subconscious. I don't think about it and it happens these days. I guess you just have to have experience and muscle memory will take over.
haha I still think about mine, because sometime DI towards the opponent really gets a lot of people.

Ill see if I can get in contact with gauven and go to some more tourneys in the area ph00tbag you know of any.

Snakeee

Smash Master
What I've noticed that has helped me somewhat is I will just hold up when I'm manuevering. I have tap jump off, so it helps, but obviously not on vertical kills and I'd like to be able to do it better.

Oh and 1:57 on Nick's 4th? vid (RC one) was awesome as well, we all need to start doing that.
Yeah that's a smart thing to do against moves like Snake's N-air, DIing out and up airing, and actually me and Dazwa have both been doing that for a good while (I don't know if it's apparent in vids).

And I'm glad (I think :laugh:) to see others using RC

NickRiddle

#negativeNick
Yeah that's a smart thing to do against moves like Snake's N-air, DIing out and up airing, and actually me and Dazwa have both been doing that for a good while (I don't know if it's apparent in vids).

And I'm glad (I think :laugh:) to see others using RC
Haha, FL finally made it a legal CP, so I'm actually getting used to it by putting it on the randoms during my friendlies.

sasook

Smash Champion
So Snakeee, do you find it easier to space with nair or the whip?

Personally, I like the nair better, but what's your opinion on it?

Yankee

Smash Apprentice
Nice match warped! He had no idea how to get out of the air in the beginning. I like your play style.

noradseven

Smash Lord
Charby (ZSS) VS Ace (Falco)
Recent Match...
Kinda.

More coming soon,

my recording device is repaired :p
I finally watched, that falco was p. nice to you, didn't do alot of the ATs the one I play does. But thats why you kinda ganked him.

Also I noticed custom music right, however it wasn't Guilty Gear music, for shame :(.

VaNz (Zero Suit Samus) + Alex Strife (Mr. Game and Watch) - Battlefield
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TSBIQwIe2v0

VaNz (Zero Suit Samus) + Alex Strife (King Dedede) - Lylat Cruise
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TSBIQwIe2v0
Lol stop pretending the opponent isn't going to move, you keep timing all your moves just a little to late.

Charby

Smash Journeyman
I finally watched, that falco was p. nice to you, didn't do alot of the ATs the one I play does. But thats why you kinda ganked him.

Also I noticed custom music right, however it wasn't Guilty Gear music, for shame :(.

Lol stop pretending the opponent isn't going to move, you keep timing all your moves just a little to late.
Check the match againt Zulu it's actually Guilty Gear Music :p

noradseven

Smash Lord
Check the match againt Zulu it's actually Guilty Gear Music :p
Hell yeah, that is more like it, that olimar player needs to use f-air more, what is he so afraid of, also the olimar I played with stopped using down B for a while, so its more like down B raep with f/b-air, but p. good job.

Don't forget the Blazblue sound track is out so you gotta use that now.

edit: It would of been more impressive if it was slayers theme from #R as well, that one is awesome.

noradseven

Smash Lord
Kojin (ZSS) vs Bionic (Sonic) matches

Kojin (ZSS) vs Bionic (Sonic) 1

Kojin (ZSS) vs Bionic (Sonic) 2

Kojin (ZSS) vs Bionic (Sonic) 3

Kojin (ZSS) vs Bionic (Sonic) 4

Kojin (ZSS) vs Bionic (Snake) 1

She's a character i picked up to have fun with, and i dont really look around for info on her until now. so i'd appreciate commnets.
I see nothing glaringly wrong with those matches, it seems like you have played brawl a bit too, just work with her alot and get good at spacing.

You can do some better followups after d-smash, and dash attack.

Nefarious B

Smash Champion
Kojin I only watched your Snake match. You have a pretty good ZSS for just being a fun character. My advice would be, you need to juggle Snake more with uair, it's your best move, and you need to use dtilt and utilt more to set up those juggles.

Use side b slightly less. You have a good neutral b game. You suit piece game sucks balls (yes we say this on every vid but it's true).

Other than that, not bad at all.

noradseven

Smash Lord
Kojin I only watched your Snake match. You have a pretty good ZSS for just being a fun character. My advice would be, you need to juggle Snake more with uair, it's your best move, and you need to use dtilt and utilt more to set up those juggles.

Use side b slightly less. You have a good neutral b game. You suit piece game sucks balls (yes we say this on every vid but it's true).

Other than that, not bad at all.
Its better than most. His piece game that is.

Hence

Smash Ace
He's far too offensive for what his skill and playstyle allow. That Snake obviously didn't know the matchup.

Attack after spotdodging somthing? Your overuse of Plasma Whip is leading you to rely on it. Try Spotdodge > U-Tilt or Shield > Spotdodge > U-Tilt. I probably use U-Tilt defensively 20-30 times a set; it's really that good. D-Tilt and Jab both, too, work oos.

Practice boostjumping, getting gimped is not an option as ZSS. There's not much else to say other than you'll learn and improve over time if you stick with ZSS. You don't hve any glaring weaknesses other than what I've listed.

noradseven

Smash Lord
He's far too offensive for what his skill and playstyle allow. That Snake obviously didn't know the matchup.

Attack after spotdodging somthing? Your overuse of Plasma Whip is leading you to rely on it. Try Spotdodge > U-Tilt or Shield > Spotdodge > U-Tilt. I probably use U-Tilt defensively 20-30 times a set; it's really that good. D-Tilt and Jab both, too, work oos.

Practice boostjumping, getting gimped is not an option as ZSS. There's not much else to say other than you'll learn and improve over time if you stick with ZSS. You don't have any glaring weaknesses other than what I've listed.
I think he just needs better spacing on the plasma whip, he has to decide what he is doing, zoning, or hitting, if you are trying to hit it, the best way is to try to hit either at the very edge of far or even better connect the close hit (I find that easier), but if you are trying to zone which is the primary purpose, just throw it out in front of him, your not trying to hit him, just shutting down his options.

JayBee

Smash Champion
NNID
jamesbrownjrva
wow my armor game sux? i thought that was one of my good points. I can see that i should use uptilt and uair more. and i should have never gotten gimped like that i think that's my worst part of my ZSS game now.

3DS FC
5429-7210-5657
wow my armor game sux? i thought that was one of my good points. I can see that i should use uptilt and uair more. and i should have never gotten gimped like that i think that's my worst part of my ZSS game now.
Use tilts more and follow up after dsmash with aerials and not ground moves. Your ZSS is pretty good. Your armor game is fine, although it could use a little work, it's more than passable.

In the Snake video you hit him with paralyzer shot and then threw the suit piece down. You should have thrown it at him... stuff like that.

noradseven

Smash Lord
I thought your armor game was p. good for what you were trying to accomplish, just don't forget you can hold and item and attack with over B, and evade/ bait with down B.

Nefarious B

Smash Champion
Ya i duno what I was talking about before, I only watched your Snake vid at first, you did better in your sonic vids, but even in the Snake vid it didn't deserve my comment. Definitely better than most, not really sure where that came from.

Hence

Smash Ace
That match is mostly sonic running all along the ground as ZSS waits for him to mess up, aka go in the air, at which point ZSS will gank him with pick aireal move of choice.
ZSS vs. Sonic is moreso camping uncharged paralyzer, jab, and U-Tilt than anything else imo. ZSS escapes all of his steak combos through Flip Jump or simply using our double jump. Punish aerial approaches with retreating aeiral Plasma Whip and keep good overall spacing. D-Smash isn't very useful unless you can predict a D-Air or catch Sonic landing after his Up+ B. 60:40 ZSS, but it's not entertaining to play or watch.

noradseven

Smash Lord
ZSS vs. Sonic is moreso camping uncharged paralyzer, jab, and U-Tilt than anything else imo. ZSS escapes all of his steak combos through Flip Jump or simply using our double jump. Punish aerial approaches with retreating aeiral Plasma Whip and keep good overall spacing. D-Smash isn't very useful unless you can predict a D-Air or catch Sonic landing after his Up+ B. 60:40 ZSS, but it's not entertaining to play or watch.
Yeah pretty much only I would put it a bit more in our favor, because ZSS just seems designed to beat sonic in some way.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom