• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The NEW Zero Suit Samus Video Archives (Updated: 01/16/2009)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nefarious B

Smash Champion
I see what you meant when you said you camp the hell outa DDD. Jesus those two first matches... interesting though that when you picked up the pace in the last two you seemed to be pressuring him much harder.

Adapt

Smash Lord

FUNKLAB

Smash Cadet
It's about time I got some vids up :)

also: forgot to add this one:

+Adapt (ZSS) vs. Staples (Game and Watch)

EDIT2: Added the other 2 vids of the doubles finals set
Overall you played really well, just a couple words of advice to consider. After a missed SideB, immediately throw in a jab or DSmash, as you got punished a few times after you'd miss. Second, at 2:16, when you tried to jump off the ledge, I'd suggest to at least Uair or Fair even(given the stage) so you're not left completely open when returning to the stage. And lastly, I wouldn't abuse her grab so much. I guess it's just your playstyle but you threw out some grabs there that I questioned. I honesly rarely grab, unless after an Extremely laggy move, DSmash, or paralyzer.

All in all good stuff, dude :p just some friendly critique

Adapt

Smash Lord
Overall you played really well, just a couple words of advice to consider. After a missed SideB, immediately throw in a jab or DSmash, as you got punished a few times after you'd miss. Second, at 2:16, when you tried to jump off the ledge, I'd suggest to at least Uair or Fair even(given the stage) so you're not left completely open when returning to the stage. And lastly, I wouldn't abuse her grab so much. I guess it's just your playstyle but you threw out some grabs there that I questioned. I honesly rarely grab, unless after an Extremely laggy move, DSmash, or paralyzer.

All in all good stuff, dude :p just some friendly critique
1) never d-smash after a missed side-b... thats far too laggy.... And most times I did cover the missed move with a jab or shield

2) I did uair at 2:16... turtle>uair

3) the first two grabs were justified, (i just started a bit too fast on the second one)

I dunno what i was thinking on the third though...

Grab is an excellent punishment after your opponent performs a laggy move that is outside utilt/jab range. Grabbing DDD after a spaced bair is great

noradseven

Smash Lord
I hate the pikachu match, its just frustrating, his d-air/f-air p. much shuts down all of our moves, however our f-air and over B, seem to be better in this match than normal.

Nefarious B

Smash Champion
I remember phoot was saying how you should approach with nair in the pika matchup. I'm trying to figure out how that would help in an actual match. I know it cancels the tjolt and will hit pika, but it seems like it'd be hard to line up both and not get punished. I duno

noradseven

Smash Lord
I remember phoot was saying how you should approach with nair in the pika matchup. I'm trying to figure out how that would help in an actual match. I know it cancels the tjolt and will hit pika, but it seems like it'd be hard to line up both and not get punished. I duno
Uhhh n-air is p. good mainly because pika is short has hell, and he doesn't really have a lighting fast attack(lol bad pun), but I find f-air alot better, for canceling jolts.

ph00tbag

C(ϾᶘϿ)Ͻ
For some reason, not many Pikas like to edgeguard off the stage, so I almost always just recover low against Pikachu and wait for him to thunder. Be wary of nair, but Pikachus really like to let ZSS back. Pikas that know the match-up will probably pressure ZSS more off stage, though.

Nair is good against Pikachu pretty much when you're facing him because it outranges and will at least cancel out his aerials. Plus, your SH is higher than his, so nair kinda eats away at everything he has from above.

But if he's above you, you should go for uair. It won't necessarily beat everything unless perfectly spaced, but it's a good move to be spamming when people are above you (although you seem to be aware of it).

dsmashx3 doesn't have enough reward to warrant it. dsmashx2 -> fair/bair is sooooo much better. And in general, you need to space more with dtilt.

Snakeee

Smash Master
I hate the pikachu match, its just frustrating, his d-air/f-air p. much shuts down all of our moves, however our f-air and over B, seem to be better in this match than normal.
Am I really the only one that loves that match up?. And our up air beats all of his aerials when spaced right. The only reason they may sometimes catch you is because they're very slightly faster....I think?

BioDG

Smash Ace
Great video, Adapt (The Adapt vs. Staples one)!

I have what might be a dumb question, though. How did you Uair in time after that upB for that first stock KO? It seems like every time I have tried doing it in the past, I can't bring out the Uair that quickly. Is it buffered or something...or maybe I'm just slow...?

noradseven

Smash Lord
Am I really the only one that loves that match up?. And our up air beats all of his aerials when spaced right. The only reason they may sometimes catch you is because they're very slightly faster....I think?
QAC, QAC, QAC, and our moves do beat his if space right but he can mind game your moves p. hard, u-air/b-air do shut down alot of his game, and this worked for a while until my friend got good at , thunder shock QAC, j. n-air, which its kinda hard to fight someone approaching from below, plus pika can literally just stall a match for the last 2-3 minutes if he is up a stock :( *stage dependent.

k3nny

Smash Rookie
jeje thanks :D and btw thank u all for the critiques, i´ll try to upload more colombian vid´s :), thanks for your time, i´ll try to be around here, job keep´s me busy D=

Rybaia

Smash Journeyman
I need some help...

Kamui Ryu (ZSS) vs Cirno (Falco/MK)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LRvA2amh3Uk +
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8acRi4Hbhs4 +++

Kamui Ryu (ZSS) vs Moko (Pikachu)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K0H42BKlyho +
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YOolmsenGQo +

Kamui Ryu (ZSS) vs Vincent (Bowser)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aliRAB9X1Bc +
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o5inOemHNc8 +

As you can see I've got problems with the suit pieces.
I'm not good with them =/
Plus I've some other problems, you 'll probably notice them.
Can someone help me?

Nefarious B

Smash Champion
I actually liked those matches a lot Ryu. The thing I think you could work on the most is not throwing out so many attacks, instead wait for them to flinch and punish it. Also reading their habits and punishing those.

Like for example, in the Bowser vids I noticed that he never spotdodged against you. Why? Because he's Bowser, who has a terrible spotdodge, while at the same time having some of the best OOS options in the game. You need to pick up on this and capitalize, there were so many chances where you could have CGed him at early percents for 45% + an edgeguard opportunity.

You like to throw out a lot of ground up bs when your opponent is over your head. I noticed that it didn't work much at all, because that move is too slow and has a very obvious audio cue. Instead, I'd recommend baiting the airdodge, either by falling with them and uairing, empty SHing and waiting, or even just sitting on the ground and following them til they dodge can work.

Basically you have good mechanics down (besides you lack of nair, you should use it), these are just some things I noticed that hopefully you can use.

Rybaia

Smash Journeyman
very good matches kamui :)
Thanks =D

I actually liked those matches a lot Ryu. The thing I think you could work on the most is not throwing out so many attacks, instead wait for them to flinch and punish it. Also reading their habits and punishing those.

Like for example, in the Bowser vids I noticed that he never spotdodged against you. Why? Because he's Bowser, who has a terrible spotdodge, while at the same time having some of the best OOS options in the game. You need to pick up on this and capitalize, there were so many chances where you could have CGed him at early percents for 45% + an edgeguard opportunity.

You like to throw out a lot of ground up bs when your opponent is over your head. I noticed that it didn't work much at all, because that move is too slow and has a very obvious audio cue. Instead, I'd recommend baiting the airdodge, either by falling with them and uairing, empty SHing and waiting, or even just sitting on the ground and following them til they dodge can work.

Basically you have good mechanics down (besides you lack of nair, you should use it), these are just some things I noticed that hopefully you can use.
Thank you soo much Nefarious.
I'll work on my predict and my concentration to punish better my opponents.

noradseven

Smash Lord
Gahh I could only watch about 3-4 minutes of the first one before it hurt too much, my roommate plays a solid pika, or at least a better pika than that guy, possibly far better but he might just not know the match.

But okay in that match abuse d-tilt, and u-air like nobodies business most pika's think that they are safe because of their d-air sorry perfect spaced u-airs win.

Also f-air owns to clash and bash aireal thunder shocks, and if you are going to use over B please clash with the thundershocks. Also most pikas it would appear this one included normally love to buzz aroudn ppl when they are in the air, please kindly hit them with b-air or u-air, most pika's attack pattern's don't take into account great range crazy fast b-airs, especially from ZSS who's b-airs arn't meaty at all like DDDs or kirby's.

Ahhh I need to get a match of me and my roommate playing this match, its not perfect, and we sometimes drop pressure/combos, but we got it down almost pat.

Sorry about being so harsh its just like every 5 seconds of that vid I saw a free hit on pika.

Rybaia

Smash Journeyman
Gahh I could only watch about 3-4 minutes of the first one before it hurt too much, my roommate plays a solid pika, or at least a better pika than that guy, possibly far better but he might just not know the match.

But okay in that match abuse d-tilt, and u-air like nobodies business most pika's think that they are safe because of their d-air sorry perfect spaced u-airs win.

Also f-air owns to clash and bash aireal thunder shocks, and if you are going to use over B please clash with the thundershocks. Also most pikas it would appear this one included normally love to buzz aroudn ppl when they are in the air, please kindly hit them with b-air or u-air, most pika's attack pattern's don't take into account great range crazy fast b-airs, especially from ZSS who's b-airs arn't meaty at all like DDDs or kirby's.

Ahhh I need to get a match of me and my roommate playing this match, its not perfect, and we sometimes drop pressure/combos, but we got it down almost pat.

Sorry about being so harsh its just like every 5 seconds of that vid I saw a free hit on pika.
Don't warry I'm here to learn.
Thank you so much for the advices. =D

#HBC | ZoZo

Shocodoro Blagshidect
First off I recently played an olimar about 10 hours (almost) straight + some other friendlies, I think I got a general understanding of the match-up.

First off I'd like to say that this stage is kinda bad against olimar imo, because I hate the stage for armor pieces.

The olimar doesn't seem to know the zss match-up, as he didn't grab you nearly enough.

You don't use ANY tilts, the only one I saw this match was Ftilt, which is the worst of the three. Against Olimar your tilts are lovely, to say the least.

You're using paralyzer, dsmash and sideB WAY TO MUCH, they're laggy and should not be used in the way you use them, paralyzer and dsmash are punisher's rather than approachers, and your sideB spacing as often off, try to work on it.
You're not going for the air enough, your ground game is important here but as soon as you're under olimar you should get a few uairs and upBs in before you let him take the ground again. Your tilts can help with getting him in the air.

Jabbing, jabbing is sex against characters that can't powershield it, Olimar is one of those. As soon as you can JAB HIM, his smashes are fast for it's power and his grab is slow, overall your options in close combat are way better then his, because of tilts and jabs. Jab knockback sets up perfectly for a follow-up.

Grabs are also important, grabs can be done out of neutralB or after a jab, I think it's not smart to throw olimar, as jab sets up perfectly for pretty much everything. Just a small scenario.
You're towards the edge, you grabbed him, you ground release jab olimar, now he can airdodge or do nothing. If he airdodges a charged paralyzer hits him, aka regrab. If he doesn't airdodge you can just regrab him, or dash attack or pretty much anything you want.

Olimars never airdodge off-stage, so if you jab him off-stage expect no airdodge.
Getting Olimar offstage is pretty easy with Dsmash, but it's tricky to land Dsmash, as soon as you know when you will get 2 Dsmash combos a match on average. After a bair he's easily off-stage, this is where you can follow him, you can go with either your front towards him or your back. Your main offstage options are sideB and bair/fair, both efficient, as soon as you landed one of those and he used his jump just tether the edge a bit low and watch him fall down.

So yeah, more tilts, more jabs, more grabs, more aerials. Use punishers as punishers and leave it with that.

noradseven

Smash Lord
Air approaching olimar is kinda bad, PS grab, is safe and will connect and dash u-smash will beat anything you have if its a yellow.

d-tilt is awesome though, also learn to watch his pikmen the colors are good tells of his options.

ph00tbag

C(ϾᶘϿ)Ͻ
Against Olimar, all you really have is dtilt. You can choose to dash attack if he's done something punishable, but Olimar is blessed with really fast moves with big hitboxes, so punishing him is tough.

Also, Xonar is lying about Olimar not being able to PS jab. Olimar very much can.

#HBC | ZoZo

Shocodoro Blagshidect
Against Olimar, all you really have is dtilt. You can choose to dash attack if he's done something punishable, but Olimar is blessed with really fast moves with big hitboxes, so punishing him is tough.

Also, Xonar is lying about Olimar not being able to PS jab. Olimar very much can.
I thought none of the floaties could.
Anyways, I didn't mean to lie, but as far as I know he can't.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom