• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The NEW Zero Suit Samus Video Archives (Updated: 01/16/2009)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ph00tbag

C(ϾᶘϿ)Ͻ
doubles matches at a local tourney

ps the point of teaming with a gaw is to dsmash into his bucket

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9zGTWJ-_-6o

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MTuALNbo7rI

any criticism is much appreciated
You guys need to work on protecting each other, and you need to utilize every opportunity to fill the bucket. I'm serious. The technique is so devastating to your opponents that filling the bucket is more important than edgeguarding, and sometimes more important than pressuring airborne opponents.

Utilize invincibility, too. When you've just died, if G&W is clear, head over to him and start filling. He's invincible while he's absorbing, so you've got a lot of leeway.

Nefarious B

Smash Champion
Well I can say the other ZSS proly has tap jump on, because he's super scared of using utilt. Seriously there were so many times where I was waiting for it and it never came.

And neutral b owns ZSS dittos. I found that out playing sfp and this makes it just as obvious.

ph00tbag

C(ϾᶘϿ)Ͻ
And neutral b owns ZSS dittos. I found that out playing sfp and this makes it just as obvious.
Nothing in particular owns ZSS dittos. Paralyzer only wins if your opponent has no idea how to play the ditto. What really wins in ZSS dittos is guessing right.

Yeah, the first two fights, SSJ wasn't really playing a ZSS ditto. The Paralyzer spam was because he didn't know what else would beat Paralyzer once he figured out how to jump over Paralyzer, he did much better. The third match was a real ZSS ditto. If you don't think dittos are fun, try watching that third match.

Nefarious B

Smash Champion
I just found it hard to deal with because the ditto is a lot of spacing first then get in and ****. Our neutral b is just a hard move for us to get around in the first place, so we ended up just spamming it sometimes until one of us would get impatient and try to approach through it, and usually get punished.

Hence

Smash Ace
My first offline tournament ditto involved many clashing jabs, it was quite funny. Thankfully for me I actually know how to play it and preform very well in dittos now.

Cia

das kwl
I just found it hard to deal with because the ditto is a lot of spacing first then get in and ****. Our neutral b is just a hard move for us to get around in the first place, so we ended up just spamming it sometimes until one of us would get impatient and try to approach through it, and usually get punished.
if someone charges the neutral b, the flippy kick* is an amazing punish.

also, dittos are pretty fun. i find myself using ZSS' quicker attacks rather than her range moves. Dtilt, Dash attack, Dsmash, Bair, Uair are best IMO. (use Dsmash when you suspect your opponent will Dash attack)

* = i have no idea what her Down+B is called.. so i call it the 'flippy kick'

ph00tbag

C(ϾᶘϿ)Ͻ
You see, you played like the first two matches, which were not how ZSS dittos should be played. Trust me, there are a lot of ZSSes in NC, and I get a fair amount of experience with the ditto. Paralyzer can be beaten with a properly spaced aerial approach. Watch what Charby does against it: he airdodges through it, then utilts. That's one option. You can also do a backwards jump while drifting forward to displace your hurtbox and then do any aerial, because Paralyzer has a lot of lag. Hell, you can just PS Paralyzer, because it telegraphs the crap out of itself, and then dash attack. Paralyzer beats overaggressive grounded offense, but not well-spaced aerial offense, and it definitely doesn't beat PSing.

sasook

Smash Champion
O_o

When did SFP take this over? Man, I must be blind. I still thought Adapt's name was there.

NickRiddle

#negativeNick
Oh yeah, forgot to mention. some doubles matches of Galeon and I should be online soon. I wanna know what you guys think. (Some where we win, some where we ****, and some where we get owned.) Should be up in the next couple days.

In the meantime...

- NickRiddle (ZSS) vs. Seibrik (MK) 1
Ugh, I got gimped here pretty bad. I'm starting to find ways around it. (Yeah, it's new to me.)

- NickRiddle (ZSS) vs. Seibrik (MK) 2
:( I made a stupid mistake at the end. Oh well, I got owned.

3DS FC
5429-7210-5657
Oh yeah, forgot to mention. some doubles matches of Galeon and I should be online soon. I wanna know what you guys think. (Some where we win, some where we ****, and some where we get owned.) Should be up in the next couple days.

In the meantime...

- NickRiddle (ZSS) vs. Seibrik (MK) 1
Ugh, I got gimped here pretty bad. I'm starting to find ways around it. (Yeah, it's new to me.)

- NickRiddle (ZSS) vs. Seibrik (MK) 2
:( I made a stupid mistake at the end. Oh well, I got owned.
MK is a new match to you?

shlike

Smash Ace
good stuff nick you almost came back first match. i like how you baited mk's aerials after every u-air

and lol @ fsmashing on platforms when trying to do ff bairs i hate when that happens

Adapt

Smash Lord
I gave it up because I haven't been able to make it here very often. I requested Dazwa to change it in some topic a while back.

It's a pretty big job to keep it properly updated unless you do a bit every day. Good luck SFP

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom