• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The NEW Zero Suit Samus Video Archives (Updated: 01/16/2009)

Status
Not open for further replies.

#HBC | ZoZo

Shocodoro Blagshidect
love them vids snakeee

how would you describe your style? :O

edit: wow... i really have to study these vids.. you bait like a king :o

noradseven

Smash Lord
Hey I have new vids I'll update this when I'm not so tired, but here's the channel they're on
http://www.youtube.com/user/Curaism#p/u/8/lCKRRlfpqKQ
all those players you are fighting suck :mad:, the IC was okay at movement but couldn't CG the other 2 was just terrible.

I mean the diddy had problems all over the board IDK even know where to start and yoshi eggrolling EGG ROLLING, wtf are you thinking, let alone they didn't abuse yoshi's higher air speed and double jump super armor(aggressivly).

I need to make some new vids to... anyone want to see any particular match, we got like 70-80% of the cast covered. Others might take a while.

Snakeee

Smash Master
all those players you are fighting suck :mad:, the IC was okay at movement but couldn't CG the other 2 was just terrible.

I mean the diddy had problems all over the board IDK even know where to start and yoshi eggrolling EGG ROLLING, wtf are you thinking, let alone they didn't abuse yoshi's higher air speed and double jump super armor(aggressivly).

I need to make some new vids to... anyone want to see any particular match, we got like 70-80% of the cast covered. Others might take a while.
Cura is a really good player. He choked on the chain grabs, but he's usually a lot more on point with them than that.

The Yoshi is good too, but he didn't know the match up at all.

shlike

Smash Ace
all those players you are fighting suck :mad:
dude can you get any more rude??!?

snakeee for the most part the matches were good. i've recently started abusing the **** of up air and i'm liking your use of dazlock mixed in there with the uairs.

but imo you need more dtilt

d tilt is too good

wWw Dazwa

#BADMAN
Cura is a really good player. He choked on the chain grabs, but he's usually a lot more on point with them than that.
That's not a CG he wants to be messing up though, the vs ZSS CG timing is exactly the same as vs MKs, and that's generally one of, if not THE first CG an Ice Climber will learn >_>

I watched the vids this morning, so my memory may be a bit fuzzy...There were times when you didn't punish Cura's whiffed up+Bs with d-smash, and used some random move. I know on Delfino, you attempted to dair spike him through the stage, but neglected to realize that the transition was ending and wouldn't have gotten the kill in the first place. Seriously, D-smash might not be a great spacing tool as we all once thought, but it's still arguably our best punish. If Marth whiffs an up+B, go for it :p

Other than that, entertaining matches. Especially the end on Rainbow Cruise. I was talking to Doom while watching the matches, Cura's Marth is almost exactly like Darc's, minus his sixth sense for dolphin slashes ;_;

#HBC | ZoZo

Shocodoro Blagshidect

show me some pika, please :o

noradseven

Smash Lord
And hey I said the IC could like space and **** but dropping CGs is p. unacceptable, and maybe the yoshi didn't know the match at all, but seeing a match where 1 player doesn't know it and is getting wrecked I mean it doesn't really help people learn how to fight a yoshi who does know the match.

show me some pika, please :o
Cool ill try to get some, we got like 3 decent pika's 2 focus on QACs, 1 focus just on solid play(this on is my roommate so it should be easy).

Ill try to get 1 of each though, they play differently and I got to fight them differently, I find QAC spammers not to hard to deal with its like shuttle loop but not as bad if I screw up.

dolphin slash is gayyyyyyyyyyyyyyy
I always tell beginners just don't use dolphin slash ever, then I play them and use it all the time and they go, why are you using it, I go "It has hit every time hasn't it :cool:", seriously though this move is a DP for all practical purposes. if your over 40% and you are doing a meaty attack I will just up B with marth I mean WHY NOT. too bad ZSS doesn't have any meaty's attacks outside of maybe side B.

SASSY

Smash Journeyman
I can also add some vids from today here soon. I went to a relatively small tourney at chu's, but a lot of our best players were there, and I saved most of my matches. Even a really embarrassing one... :X
First time I've lost at PS1 in a while. The windmill and I used to be friends... Olimar is a jerk. But yea, I've got some good ones vs diddy, mario, falco, g+w, kirby and maybe more, just from today. I'd personally like to see an Olimar video myself. I know jab is good, but I am personally just sh*tty at the matchup.

Nefarious B

Smash Champion
I recorded a bunch of vids of me and my brother, I didn't get a chance to put them up unfortunately but I should have them up when in 2 weeks when I get back for winter break

noradseven

Smash Lord
Errr Ill try to get vids but school just went 4 projects before finals :(, so im kinda going to be gahhhhh for a while regardless I'll get them after christmas if I can't now...

Don't worry I hate olimar too and think its 6:4 olimar...the 2 local olimars agree.

Nefarious B

Smash Champion
Olimar is hard. Me and norad will debate anyone on that matchup hahah, it's definitely not a big ad. for us like our matchup chart has it, even at best (which I disagree with)

SASSY

Smash Journeyman
Yea I actually have a few disagreements with our match-up chart. Seems kinda outdated.

Nefarious B

Smash Champion
Yea I actually have a few disagreements with our match-up chart. Seems kinda outdated.
I wouldn't call it outdated so much as straight up wrong in some cases. Some of our matchup ratios are influenced by exaggerating our abilities, and others are worse than they should be because of downplaying our strengths. Even so, I'd say our MU ratios are more accurate than most boards'.

3DS FC
5429-7210-5657
I have some disagreements with it, too, but keep in mind that I have disagreements with a lot of things that we're talking about -now- when we should presumably be more educated.

For instance, we don't beat Peach, at least by any significant margin, I don't know where you guys are getting that.

MK - at least a good-sized disadvantage, perhaps worse, it's hard to say
Snake - I don't know, he has better stats but we have a better moveset, it's like we own him and then oops utilt at 90
Wario - Even, perhaps a slight zss advantage
Diddy - I don't know, I haven't played a good diddy in a while and last time I did I felt it was 4/6 but I'm better now, and everyone tells me it isn't that bad.
Falco - lol
Dedede - Like Snake. You will own the **** out of him and then get blocked and utiltlol'd

Also:

Link: this match-up is even, please play a good link like legan or kirin or even sasook and tell me it's not even, you wont' gimp him usually. the only time you can gimp link with zss is when he screws up and your only real option vs his projectile game is to powershield and walk.

Samus: dead even, for about the same reason we lose to falco. her projectile game isn't all that but ZSS gets messed up by projectiles. however, samus is floaty and heavy and moves slowly in the air and is easily juggled. Once she's up, she has no real options.

I'm sure there are more, but yeah.

SASSY

Smash Journeyman
Don't mean to change this into the MU discussion thread, but here are my opinions:
Metaknight: It's gotta be 60-40. I mean I know what to do, but a really good metaknight will have the opportunity to potentially gimp you at some point. You may be able to mind game your way back to the stage, but the fact that you have to guess right to survive at low-mid %'s is pretty rough. On stage it's probably even.
Snake: Playing a snake that doesn't know the match-up that well is so fun... A really good snake who know's the match-up won't be so easy. I'd probably give it 55-45 for snake. We have a lot of stuff that's very effective on him, and we can juggle him in the air well... but we have to play perfectly while he has room to make a few mistakes. And vs snake, having a whole stock lead is never good enough. It's just scary.
Diddy: Very momentum based. It's a must learn match-up. Once you know when to strike, I'd think it's also 45-55 diddy's favor.
Falco: Ummm I don't know what to think anymore... The past 2 Falco's I've faced in tourney, I've beaten with Zero Suit. At one of the tourney's, Hat and Zucco both gave me some Falco friendlies to prep me for the match, and I was going even with them. It's our most annoying match-up, but I'm not entirely positive that it's our worst. It's been feeling like 60-40, but I'm not sure yet. I've been having more trouble with Wolf recently. >< weird huh?
D3: Agreed, similar to snake. Seems in our favor, but he's a pretty safe character who can come back. Probably even.

Actually I better stop there, because I can think of a bunch of underrated characters who's match-ups need to be discussed. Better save it for the Match-Up thread!

3DS FC
5429-7210-5657
I'm inclined to agree about Falco, maybe 6/4 or so. It's definitely annoying but it can be learned and beaten.

I'd CP it now because it's not fun, not because it is impossible.

Nefarious B

Smash Champion
I made a new thread so you can throw out random thoughts on our overall matchups and post ratios, I think it'd be good to see how everyone feels about our ratios, but I feel like it would be better as a new thread than in our MU thread

SASSY

Smash Journeyman
I made a new thread so you can throw out random thoughts on our overall matchups and post ratios, I think it'd be good to see how everyone feels about our ratios, but I feel like it would be better as a new thread than in our MU thread
I feel you. Great plan.

SASSY

Smash Journeyman
Still waiting on the rest of the video's from last weeks tourney. I have round 2 vs boss here. I can see I let the platform mess me up 3 times, twice during a dsmash combo. >< I really don't usually ruin those... 3rd stock was pretty solid though. Kinda hate stock 2 though lol. I won round one but didn't save that one (also on yoshi's).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gISHQILHJPA

In the rest of the tourney, I beat a falco and a diddy, lost to a metaknight and an olimar. I hope the owner of the other wii gets recording...

Nefarious B

Smash Champion
I find that vid hard to critique just because as good as Boss is he really didn't play the matchup correctly at all. He should have been spamming more fiya.

That being said, you did well. A couple things:
You could use fair to cover his fire ball approach, it cancels the fire and will usually hit him out of the lag.

There were a bunch of times in the second stock, and at 2:49, where he was just begging for a dsmash. Those are easy punishments that can net you lots of damage.

You got gimped at 1:39, you could have wall jumped. That's really the best thing about Yoshi's Island imo so learn it if you don't know it.

ThreeSided

Smash Ace
You got gimped at 1:39, you could have wall jumped. That's really the best thing about Yoshi's Island imo so learn it if you don't know it.
Exactly what I was thinking.

Also, the last stock was NOT solid, lol. HORRIBLE DI on Boss's part.

SASSY

Smash Journeyman
Yea I agree with the wall jump for one. I kinda got nervous when I got caped and just went for a tether. Gotta relax during tourneys ><
But yea, trying to correct mistakes like this so I can do better tomorrow. Good call on the fair thing. Didn't really consider it before...
But yea he had a couple good reads on me. He's good at that and beat me last time.

solecalibur

Smash Master
I'm inclined to agree about Falco, maybe 6/4 or so. It's definitely annoying but it can be learned and beaten.

I'd CP it now because it's not fun, not because it is impossible.
65/45 tbh we just practice more for falco matchup (or I do) and I am more prepared for it

I think the ROB match up is rigged (even with D-smash combo) but I still think that is personally my play style and that more ROB's stepped it up in my region

ph00tbag

C(ϾᶘϿ)Ͻ
I find that vid hard to critique just because as good as Boss is he really didn't play the matchup correctly at all. He should have been spamming more fiya.
Incorrect. Plasma Whip beats fire and punishes a Mario who tries to zone with it.

Zero

Smash Hero
I shout "FSMASH OWN ZONE!!!" in the general direction of the commentary, so it is forever imprinted on that moment.

If only real life had glitter text. :(

Nefarious B

Smash Champion
Okay question on uploading vids. So I copied a couple vids from my wii to my SD card, but when I open it on my computer they read as BIN files, which aren't compatible with anything on my comp or with youtube. Where do I go from here?

LanceStern

Smash Lord
Okay question on uploading vids. So I copied a couple vids from my wii to my SD card, but when I open it on my computer they read as BIN files, which aren't compatible with anything on my comp or with youtube. Where do I go from here?
I had the same problem Nef B.

You need a video capture device cause they aren't saved as a video file. Maybe someone on here is kind enough to upload the videos for you?

Mr. 9 from the Samus board was really cool and uploaded some of mine. Or you can send the binary files to me and I can record it with my Ipod nano and upload them. It's an ok quality check out this one I uploaded: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MaJz1Q2XtK4.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom