• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The NEW Zero Suit Samus Video Archives (Updated: 01/16/2009)

Status
Not open for further replies.

solecalibur

Smash Master
You think we can restart video selection and/or have a new poster I dont think the OP is active in zss boards anymore? and maybe put dates on some of these videos as they really dont represent some of ZSS's metagame

ph00tbag

C(ϾᶘϿ)Ͻ
I thought none of the floaties could.
Anyways, I didn't mean to lie, but as far as I know he can't.
Realistically, it's best to assume any character can PS the jab. I think only G&W and Squirtle are guaranteed if they don't SDI. Every other character can PS it by holding down and shielding. I play NC-Echo often enough to know that Olimar is immune to jab.

You think we can restart video selection and/or have a new poster I dont think the OP is active in zss boards anymore? and maybe put dates on some of these videos as they really dont represent some of ZSS's metagame
SFP's active, he's just being a bnub.

3DS FC
5429-7210-5657
Yeah I'm being a bum. But it has more to do with the only recent good videos being from Kamui and Nick Riddle... we need more than that to have an "archive." I don't plan on keeping any videos that are from a point earlier than ~April.

I will work on it in the next week or so (I mean it this time) before I move to NYC.

noradseven

Smash Lord
Olimar can tottally PS the jab at least echo did it to me when I tried it, not adamSOS so much mainly because I very rarely do the third jab.

solecalibur

Smash Master
Yeah I'm being a bum. But it has more to do with the only recent good videos being from Kamui and Nick Riddle... we need more than that to have an "archive." I don't plan on keeping any videos that are from a point earlier than ~April.

I will work on it in the next week or so (I mean it this time) before I move to NYC.
Oh yeh your active just lazy like me I suppose its better then other boards Ive seen were there zss videos consist of some random zss user ive never heard of

Nefarious B

Smash Champion
Olimar can def. shield the jab. Check my thread on our jab for info on who we can and can't finish the combo on, it's there to be used.

solecalibur

Smash Master
Marth is literally the most brain dead character in brawl.

I think even falco might have more thinking involved MAYBE
depends on the marth you vs
I know a ton that aireal spam and sword dance and then some people moderate marth

Hes easy to scrub but hard to "master"

noradseven

Smash Lord
depends on the marth you vs
I know a ton that aireal spam and sword dance and then some people moderate marth

Hes easy to scrub but hard to "master"
The only difficult thing about him is knowing the tip spacing and when to tip, he is not hard to master.

But seriously sword dance works magic even against good players, just add in some slight delays, into your game or just hell grab them, seriously.

Marth f-airing during a cross up(jumping over you and f-airing right before he cross's over your head) is literally one of the dumbest things in the brawl. The vast majority of the cast is left with 2 options on Shield dash away, play a rock paper scissors game that the odds say they will lose out in the end.

ZSS is thankfully one of the ones this doesn't shutdown, due to over B/down B, dash away over B back beats all of marths options except f-smash(dangerous as hell), dash attack, also very dangerous...but him getting a PS can be a problem, but 90% of marths don't go for this and if they do pivot grab instead.

The other is if we are guessing wrong and don't have high shields we get out of dancing blade between hits 2 and 3 with down B lol.

Also often time its better with marth to delay your over B strikes as much as you think you can get away with in order to bait attacks/drain their shield slightly more.

shlike

Smash Ace
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uTeWGGvhnkk
Sole [zss] vs Lain [marth]

Worth posting I suppose since it's lain's 2ndary ... or 3rd

I guess I have a question as well at 0:58 would you normaly curve inward for your kick or outward? I do it more self conscientiously these days
good stuff overall but i noticed a few things that you need to work on

1. dont use flip kick to back on stage as much, especially against someone who knows the matchup its a very easy way to get gimped at high %'s , and also remember that you can also footstool to get back on stage rather than have them shield the kick and punish you

2. you need to learn how to punish a little bit better Zss's safest and best punishing tools are dtilt/uptilt/u air out of shield (doesnt work in all circumstances but yeah)

3. everyone nowadays uses either green or default (myself included) lawl

4. oh and that upthrow last stock was too good

overall good stuff keep it up :)

solecalibur

Smash Master
good stuff overall but i noticed a few things that you need to work on

1. dont use flip kick to back on stage as much, especially against someone who knows the matchup its a very easy way to get gimped at high %'s , and also remember that you can also footstool to get back on stage rather than have them shield the kick and punish you

2. you need to learn how to punish a little bit better Zss's safest and best punishing tools are dtilt/uptilt/u air out of shield (doesnt work in all circumstances but yeah)

3. everyone nowadays uses either green or default (myself included) lawl

4. oh and that upthrow last stock was too good

overall good stuff keep it up :)

1. I know what you mean Ive caught myself a ton during friendlies during real tounry matchs (yet to come) I usually keep my head level about that stuff

2. I do need to work on that cant really say ive been trying to do that more:psycho:

3. I use more blue zss but im use to green these days
but I also try my best to camo armour pieces into the stage because some people dont notice it some times which is sweet

4. Y.b.M. (best kirby in the nation) was up throwing me a ton when we did zss dittos

edit -
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RKdLhNsBxaY
1:30 something lucas' are starting to do more often
and yes I know I used over B a ton for spacing

3DS FC
5429-7210-5657
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GBVJU7-QXjE - Snakeee vs Arrancar18 1
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p-ibhZdVve0 - Snakeee vs Arrancar18 2
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bR_6ytJpvG0 - Snakeee vs Shadow 1

So yeah. These matches clearly show that Snakeee rarely if ever side-bs.

They also show that he has a pretty unique playstyle that is very technical and vertical. Lots of air dodging to bait (I don't think that's very smart, his brother punished it a lot). He has almost eliminated ZSS' X-axis from his gameplay and focuses almost entirely on her juggling game and quick attacks on the ground (dash attack, jab).

#HBC | ZoZo

Shocodoro Blagshidect
I wonder why snakeee didnt went for a mini dsmash lock when he had his bro in a dsmash on 0% on his last stock.

Ah well, I see a lot of airdodging. he gets screwed over by MKs superior speed quite a bit though

solecalibur

Smash Master
Woot for me losing
$2 MM Ike , Snake vs Me -
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ry7QaSfBbMU

- I barely have any Snake exp vs a aggro snake (and probly def snake as well)
- 3:25 good mind game just make sure you have your 2nd jump
- 1:40 $#@$%!!

$1 MM Lucas vs Me -
same guy I MM before got him down faster but
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vEaN-e5rqKo

- 1:40 I already know
- 1:43 a lot more lucas' are starting to do this Im not sure about ness' maybe I'll MM Smash64 next time
- The problem with this Lucas is that its pretty readable to fall into his tricks but I still dont know the match up well enough to space myself correctly

Lucario vs Me brackets
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kiHEiYouXPI
and if you REALLY want to the 2nd and 3rd match look it up because I did terrible those matches

Blind Fremen

Smash Cadet
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GBVJU7-QXjE - Snakeee vs Arrancar18 1
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p-ibhZdVve0 - Snakeee vs Arrancar18 2
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bR_6ytJpvG0 - Snakeee vs Shadow 1

So yeah. These matches clearly show that Snakeee rarely if ever side-bs.

They also show that he has a pretty unique playstyle that is very technical and vertical. Lots of air dodging to bait (I don't think that's very smart, his brother punished it a lot). He has almost eliminated ZSS' X-axis from his gameplay and focuses almost entirely on her juggling game and quick attacks on the ground (dash attack, jab).
Not gonna lie, Snakeee got dominated by that Metaknight. Don't let the 1-stock victory fool you; Snakeee never had a chance (at least not in this particular game). I'll root for ZSS every time, but seeing one of our best get destroyed by a Metaknight (possibly not even their best) is disheartening. I did learn to concentrate more on my vertical game and have made a conscious effort to avoid spamming side-b.

Nefarious B

Smash Champion
Not gonna lie, Snakeee got dominated by that Metaknight. Don't let the 1-stock victory fool you; Snakeee never had a chance (at least not in this particular game). I'll root for ZSS every time, but seeing one of our best get destroyed by a Metaknight (possibly not even their best) is disheartening. I did learn to concentrate more on my vertical game and have made a conscious effort to avoid spamming side-b.
This is true. I think you need to understand though that this is Snakeee's brother he's playing, and I can say speaking from experience playing my own brother, that even though I feel we have only a slight disadvantage against Olimar (my opinion), my brother beats me 7/10 times because he knows me well. I also know I'm the better player, my brother is just better at beating me than I am him.

Blind Fremen

Smash Cadet
This is true. I think you need to understand though that this is Snakeee's brother he's playing, and I can say speaking from experience playing my own brother, that even though I feel we have only a slight disadvantage against Olimar (my opinion), my brother beats me 7/10 times because he knows me well. I also know I'm the better player, my brother is just better at beating me than I am him.
lol that must be the reason for your sig

solecalibur

Smash Master
Its how my crewmates and my best friend are but we friendly so much it doesn't even matter it just makes the match up 50/50 ... even if it is ROB

Nefarious B

Smash Champion
these vids are from a tourney this past saturday i just wish i wouldve recorded more

enjoy :)

Bombchu vs Shlike 1:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I2P4gP8H6SA

Bombchu vs Shlike 2:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jha0Zk46h4U
1st vid was solid, there are a couple times like at :51 where you get away with really bad spacing cause your opponent wasn't the greatest. He also wasn't spamming arrows as much as he should have been if he knew the matchup, but that's how it is. I liked your random use of pivot boosting

2nd vid I didn't really notice the spacing errors. I did notice that you don't really wait for airdodges much when going for juggles, and since your opponent didn't use dair once you could have picked up on it better and just waited for him to flinch.

I know you don't need me saying this, but yeah if you're gonna grab land it

Just in general against any reflector but falco's I like downward GT to dsmash, since they hold the reflector a lot of times anticipating the fthrow and so you can punish the lag pretty easily. Against falco's it's much harder to do because you pretty much have to have perfect spacing and dGT, powershield the reflector, then dsmash

Other than that, really solid, you play pretty similarly to me and I found myself thinking what I would do next in each situation and most of the time you did it. That could just mean we're both predictable though

solecalibur

Smash Master
theres a pit in my area (Suyon look him up on youtube I vid tounry matches a lot) He'd be more of an up to par pit player and you'd be able to vs but anyways good job with everything the pit didnt seem to know about the match up and even his timing like in match 2 when he left his over B out (it looked like he was trying to stop it) and when he tried to reflect your over B

good job never the less we need more zss's around

also when you killed your opponent dont stand right under them when they spawn unless you have some epic mind game going on because it looked like you had a few

#HBC | ZoZo

Shocodoro Blagshidect
I won't post my vids here I suck at 11 in the evening lol
If you want to see a zss spam sideB and grab be my guest though.

Also Bthrow is our best throw

3DS FC
5429-7210-5657
Just in general against any reflector but falco's I like downward GT to dsmash, since they hold the reflector a lot of times anticipating the fthrow and so you can punish the lag pretty easily. Against falco's it's much harder to do because you pretty much have to have perfect spacing and dGT, powershield the reflector, then dsmash
This doesn't work on Pit because his reflector makes him immune to moves from the front, including dsmash. You could try to grab him though.

solecalibur

Smash Master
Nice little trick vs that sheild is over B since you can pass the sheild and hit pit
Ive seen my over B only reflect once and thats when I used it and he quickly pulled it out and all I did was go in the opposite direction (funny KO in doubles though if you get the timing right)

edit -
New vid!
I didn't win but here is a samus
and DK vid id ignore not really what they are up to in the meta game these days

Sole [ZSS] vs Pops! [Samus, Dk]
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IKk0CguTecU&feature=related

Tien2500

Smash Lord
Nice little trick vs that sheild is over B since you can pass the sheild and hit pit
Ive seen my over B only reflect once and thats when I used it and he quickly pulled it out and all I did was go in the opposite direction (funny KO in doubles though if you get the timing right)

edit -
New vid!

Good stuff. Try using Bair as an approach/ to space instead of just jump in/over B. Also a bit less paralyzer.

Btw I played you like 50 times on Wi-fi the other day O_O.

Edit: Gutsman DK is awesome.

shlike

Smash Ace

edit -
New vid!

sole trying playing a few friendlies without EVER using side b this will force you to be creative and i guarantee you you'll start to play better.

3DS FC
5429-7210-5657
It's weird, I never liked side-b to begin with. I don't actually use it very much, except on rare occasions that I spam it for a while as a mindgame and then never use it again.

The move isn't good but it's still good for catching people in frame traps etc.

Nefarious B

Smash Champion
It's a good move, it's just balanced. It has flaws to trade for the rediculous stuff it does. Hence, it has to be used intelligently/sparingly.

I like keeping it fresh for chance offstage kills, unless the opponent doesn't know how to play against us, where i spam it like a m2k spams nado

3DS FC
5429-7210-5657
Yeah. for instance Dark.Pch is obviously a good player but doesn't know how to deal with side-b very well. I can spam it all day and it's actually more effective vs. Dark.pch than playing the match-up correctly because he doesn't powershield->punish it often enough.

If you're playing someone you've never heard of or if you want to gauge how well they know the ZSS match-up really quickly, toss out a few side-bs early on in the match and see how they react.

shlike

Smash Ace
hey snakeee i'm really excited/curious to see how you to do at hobo, and i'm looking forward to our mm

and yes i am currently under the influence hahaha

GOOD TIMES

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom