• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The New SBR - Another MK Legality Vote?

Flamingo

Smash Lord
I hope you guys know that the SBR has been purged of a lot of former BRoomers. I also hear that the application/selection process will be more rigorous in order to select experienced people that are fit for the job.

With all this being said, will there be another SBR vote concerning the legality of Meta-Knight... The last vote was 3-1 in favor of NOT banning Meta Knight in the SBR, HOWEVER, I recall the majority of the SWF poll threads asking "Should MK be Banned?" turning out to be voted "Yes, MK SHOULD be Banned" by the SWF community.

I for one am going to stay neutral on the matter, but please post either in support of, or opposition to a NEW "Should we ban MK?" vote by the new and improved SBR.

3...2...1...DISCUSS!

CaliburChamp

Smash Master
3DS FC
1392-6575-2504
FAIL!
Don't base Ankoku's character ranking list to a tier list in whick MK becomes banned. If Ankoku never created that thread, we would never be talking about banning MK.

*Close this thread please, its starting to ruin smashboards reputation*

KishPrime

King of the Ship of Fools
BRoomer
Hate to tell you this, but I wouldn't expect it to be much different after reviewing who voted for which.

That said, it's probably a good point.

That said, I don't know that it will happen soon.

Flamingo

Smash Lord
Is there anyway I can make this into a poll or something? I didnt see a button for it... I mean I'm just promoting this because when they said he was not banned... by a 3:1 majority at that, they KNEW he was kinda OP... like it was a joke... they were like... oh we see diddy coming along to be a possible counter. I'm like "really? since there's no one else, and Diddy has his advantage on only a few stages, shouldn't you think this through a little more...?"

I'll quit ranting... back to the community's opinion.

FAIL!
Don't base Ankoku's character ranking list to a tier list in whick MK becomes banned. If Ankoku never created that thread, we would never be talking about banning MK.

*Close this thread please, its starting to ruin smashboards reputation*
By the way, I'm fully aware of Ankoku's thread. Haha. And by the way, I don't see how you are trying to counter me with that knowledge.... That thread clearly interprets his dominance. Thanks for bringing that up. ^^

M@v

Subarashii!
the problem with a public vote is that the public usually isnt too bright. Its individuals that are smart. Thats why you have an SBR. You have people that actually know what they are talking about handle things like this.

Flamingo

Smash Lord
I would say the BRoomers speak for the Smashers... But this isn't a Democracy is it..? >.<

But what should be said is that they make decisions in the best interests of the smashers. There we go. ^^

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
There should be another vote and this time the voice of the community should count instead of just the SBR members alone.
The voice of the community does count.

However, a significant majority of SBR members also recognizes that Metaknight is currently the best character in the game in singles tournament play. We believe that the community should grow organically and we do not consider it wrong for individual tournament organizers to ban Metaknight if they feel it will draw in more players or improve the community in their area. However, they should recognize that the majority of tournaments around them or in other regions will probably continue to include Metaknight. It's up to the tournament organizer to decide if they should ban MK at their event and up to the players to decide what kind of tournaments they wish to attend.
The SBR's position on Metaknight is pretty clear at the moment. However, just because the SBR says 'xxxx' it doesn't mean TO's have to do 'xxxx'. In regards to this situation, it's important to do what's right for your community. What the SBR releases or decides upon are recommended guidelines. That's all.

CaliburChamp

Smash Master
3DS FC
1392-6575-2504
Is there anyway I can make this into a poll or something? I didnt see a button for it... I mean I'm just promoting this because when they said he was not banned... by a 3:1 majority at that, they KNEW he was kinda OP... like it was a joke... they were like... oh we see diddy coming along to be a possible counter. I'm like "really? since there's no one else, and Diddy has his advantage on only a few stages, shouldn't you think this through a little more...?"

I'll quit ranting... back to the community's opinion.

By the way, I'm fully aware of Ankoku's thread. Haha. And by the way, I don't see how you are trying to counter me with that knowledge.... That thread clearly interprets his dominance. Thanks for bringing that up. ^^
It's the same people that go to tournaments on a regular basis and do good with MK. Metaknight is the most popular high tier character in tournaments. So you always see him in most tournaments. If all the people that placed well in tournaments with MK and use Snake, Snake would be dominating too since more people would be using him in tournaments. For example, take MewtwoKing out of the tournament rankings on Ankoku's list, and MK would lose a "BUNCH" of points. Its just from that 1 player, is the reason why MK has many points.
I hope you guys get what I'm trying to say now. If not, your one stubborn and/or stupid individual.

Flamingo

Smash Lord
It's the same people that go to tournaments on a regular basis and do good with MK. Metaknight is the most popular high tier character in tournaments. So you always see him in most tournaments. If all the people that placed well in tournaments with MK and use Snake, Snake would be dominating too since more people would be using him in tournaments. For example, take MewtwoKing out of the tournament rankings on Ankoku's list, and MK would lose a "BUNCH" of points. Its just from that 1 player, is the reason why MK has many points.
I hope you guys get what I'm trying to say now. If not, your one stubborn and/or stupid individual.
He's TOP Tier by the way... and this is a thread to simply support a re-make of the vote with competent SBR-BRAWL voters. Wildly thrashing with MK's tournament dominance, and comparing MewTwoKing to God while using his Meta Knight is not getting you anywhere (If you have his tourney stats, post them, don't post unintelligently). M2K is a MK USER, just like anyone else who plays MK... so you are saying if I developed an AT with Peach that let me pluck Bombs/BeamSwords every time out of the ground, Peach shouldn't be banned just because I am one person who knows how to use her? Get real. I'd say quite a few people can get to be as good with MK as M2K can anyways, so your point is null, my friend. Have a good day, simple chap.

Valid points only Por Favor.

M@v

Subarashii!
He's TOP Tier by the way... comparing Mewtwoking to God while using his Meta Knight is not getting you anywhere....M2K is a MK USER, just like anyone else who played MK... I'd say quite a few people can get to be as good with MK as M2K can anyways, so your point is null, my friend.
i think you fail to realize how good M2K actually is....

Here is a stumper. When is the last time M2K entered a tourney he didn't win? Or at least get top 3?

Flamingo

Smash Lord
He's very good, I've seen his vids. But dontcha think its safe to say that its not impossible for others to achieve his level of play? And regardless, it is still a Meta Knight winning... *lols* anyways. I'll just wait for different people to post... This is getting old, u aren't even talking about what the thread is about... its either "I support" Optional: "Reason why" or the opposite. It's that simple guys.

CaliburChamp

Smash Master
3DS FC
1392-6575-2504
He's TOP Tier by the way... and this is a thread to simply support a re-make of the vote with competent SBR-BRAWL voters. Wildly thrashing with MK's tournament dominance, and comparing MewTwoKing to God while using his Meta Knight is not getting you anywhere (If you have his tourney stats, post them, don't post unintelligently). M2K is a MK USER, just like anyone else who plays MK... so you are saying if I developed an AT with Peach that let me pluck Bombs/BeamSwords every time out of the ground, Peach shouldn't be banned just because I am one person who knows how to use her? Get real. I'd say quite a few people can get to be as good with MK as M2K can anyways, so your point is null, my friend. Have a good day, simple chap.

LOL. Who do you think you are? You just joined smashboards very recently and you act like you know everything. It's nigh impossible to get to M2K's level, you don't know what your talking about. And your calling me simple minded and unintelligent? That's the first time I heard that one. I'm a strategist. I don't go with the flow so many people do disagree with me, but I have the balls to explain my theories. I'm a leader, not a follower like you.
Ankoku even mentions your a fool to think his character ranking list is a tier list. And most people who has been around smashboards already know how many tournaments M2K has won, he won alot of brawl tournaments, you wouldnt know cause you just joined recently, so there is no need for me to show you M2K's statistics with MK. Your the one that needs to get real, kid.

M@v

Subarashii!
LOL. Who do you think you are? You just joined smashboards very recently and you act like you know everything. It's nigh impossible to get to M2K's level, you don't know what your talking about. And your calling me simple minded and unintelligent? That's the first time I heard that one. I'm a strategist. I don't go with the flow so many people do disagree with me, but I have the balls to explain my theories. I'm a leader, not a follower like you.
Ankoku even mentions your a fool to think his character ranking list is a tier list. And most people who has been around smashboards already know how many tournaments M2K has won, he won alot of brawl tournaments, you wouldnt know cause you just joined recently, so there is no need for me to show you M2K's statistics with MK. Your the one that needs to get real, kid.
Pretty much sums it up. No one's unbeatable, but M2K is about as close to it as you can get.

Inui

Banned via Warnings
teh_spamerer and I, two top MKs, both lost to Yes!'s Snake today and Snakeee's ZSS.

What a broken character!

The week before that happened, MD/VA results at a big tournament with over 70 players:

1: Azen (Diddy/whatever)
2: ChuDat (Kirby)
3: Snakeee (ZSS)
4: Atomsk (Dedede)
5: NinjaLink (Diddy/ROB)
5: BlackWaltz (Olimar)
7: Candy (Snake)
7: Korn (Meta Knight) (Lost to Atomsk's Dedede and Snakeee's ZSS)
9: Inui (Meta Knight/Snake) (Lost to Plank's MK with Snake and Snakeee's ZSS)
9: Plank (Meta Knight) (Lost to BlackWaltz's Olimar and Candy's Snake)
9: Hat (Kirby)
9: CK (Marth)
fljhsdkfhklhsfd

BROKEN CHARACTER LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

M@v

Subarashii!
What people don't realize is that M2K could use DDD and probably still wreck every tournament.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Snake is more broken than MK...if anybody wants to ban MK Snake has to go first. Either way it's ridicoulus. We don't need another vote. Why? All the new SBR ppl are either against banning MK or neutral.

Asking the community is the most stupid thing you can do.

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
Aw inui, you guys lost to YES!? ****ing snake. im going falco against candy next time, LMAO

CaliburChamp

Smash Master
3DS FC
1392-6575-2504
Snake is more broken than MK...if anybody wants to ban MK Snake has to go first. Either way it's ridicoulus. We don't need another vote. Why? All the new SBR ppl are either against banning MK or neutral.

Asking the community is the most stupid thing you can do.
I agree. If a character should be banned from tournaments, its Snake, then MK. Snake has more **** match ups than MK does. Even though I hate Snake, I still wouldnt want him banned. But to talk about MK being banned and not Snake, thats ridiculous. Ban none, or ban them BOTH. We don't need another vote, it was too recent, and its unecessary.

Inui

Banned via Warnings
Aw inui, you guys lost to YES!? ****ing snake. im going falco against candy next time, LMAO
Yeah, Snake wins that match-up, dude. XD If the Snake camps like a GAY, MK has too much trouble. :[

Falco doesn't win the match-up if Snake blows himself up to 30% at the start. Without the CG combo/spike stuff, Falco can only camp, because Snake has more range, priority, and power both in the air and on the ground.

Snake is the best character in the opinions of me, teh_spamerer, and Atomsk. :p

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
As much as it hurts for me to say this, its seems that at this point in time, we have a 3 character stable metagame

snake beats MK
D3 beats snake
MK beats D3

but i wouldnt have any problem at all banning snake and MK, they are both ********

Inui

Banned via Warnings
Dedede can't effectively be argued to be the best character and he does not beat Snake imo, or in the opinion of teh_spamerer. I think Atomsk believes it's a slight advantage.

Snake players are NOT camping enough or playing smart enough. I've seen this in other regions consistently. They are absolutely NOT camping enough. This is a fact. This is why Snake isn't winning everything.

JesiahTEG

Smash Master
Actually, look at vids from Florida. Lambchops' Snake camps harder than I've ever seen, and he still loses to Seibrik. Afro switches to MK to fight Seibrik from what I understand.

Also, Spam is too bias and will never admit that Snake doesn't win every matchup like 100-0.

Snakes camping is not unstoppable. It's not even his best aspect. I way rather get a grab with Snake than hit with a grenade. I way rather force someone to the ledge and deal 80% damage before they get back up then just run away and camp. His camping is good, but it's not what makes him him.

Turbo Ether

Smash Master
Snake vs DDD is one of the gayest matches in the game due to how both characters have to play to win.

yellowroy

Smash Ace
Snake isn't the best character MK is. You guys keep saying random matchups to try and say MK isn't the best, yet you still use MK to win tournaments. MK is the best.

G U R U

Smash Lord
MK does not need to be banned nor any other character for that matter. End of story. This is why Smashboards is getting a bad rep.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Falco doesn't win the match-up if Snake blows himself up to 30% at the start. Without the CG combo/spike stuff, Falco can only camp, because Snake has more range, priority, and power both in the air and on the ground.
Falco can't even camp (or at least SHDL) since Snake can crawl under the lasers too.

I think it's 55/45 Snake

Snake is the best character in the opinions of me, teh_spamerer, and Atomsk. :p
Agreed

As much as it hurts for me to say this, its seems that at this point in time, we have a 3 character stable metagame

snake beats MK
D3 beats snake
MK beats D3

but i wouldnt have any problem at all banning snake and MK, they are both ********
D3 is ******** too. Besides you forget that there's still Diddy Kong who goes even with all of them losing only slightly to MK...Falco also is close to even with MK and beats D3 as well...

Dedede can't effectively be argued to be the best character and he does not beat Snake imo, or in the opinion of teh_spamerer. I think Atomsk believes it's a slight advantage.
Idk why but even m2k said it's rather even.

Why should this be the case....D3 hasthe advantage from what I've seen...

Snake isn't the best character MK is. You guys keep saying random matchups to try and say MK isn't the best, yet you still use MK to win tournaments. MK is the best.
MK wins the tournaments because the best players play him. If the best player from the EC and the best from the WC plays him, it's obvious that he win everything. And there's still Forte, Omni, Inui, Plank, Dojo, ......

Snake is atm rather underplayed, especially after DSF dropped him. Now there's Ally, Afro Thundah and Chillin who play him.

I'm really looking forward to ally vs m2k :)

momochuu

Smash Legend
NNID
Momochuu
3DS FC
2380-3247-9039

This guy's such a pro. >___>;

CaliburChamp

Smash Master
3DS FC
1392-6575-2504
Falco can't even camp (or at least SHDL) since Snake can crawl under the lasers too.

I think it's 55/45 Snake

Agreed

D3 is ******** too. Besides you forget that there's still Diddy Kong who goes even with all of them losing only slightly to MK...Falco also is close to even with MK and beats D3 as well...

Idk why but even m2k said it's rather even.

Why should this be the case....D3 hasthe advantage from what I've seen...

MK wins the tournaments because the best players play him. If the best player from the EC and the best from the WC plays him, it's obvious that he win everything. And there's still Forte, Omni, Inui, Plank, Dojo, ......

Snake is atm rather underplayed, especially after DSF dropped him. Now there's Ally, Afro Thundah and Chillin who play him.

I'm really looking forward to ally vs m2k :)
True...
Once Ally's Snake beats M2K's Metaknight, many more people will proclaim Snake the best character in the game. I also think Snake is the best character in the game, MK and Snake should have their own tier. Also, on online ladders, the people who rank the highest usually play as Snake as their main or secondaries, you can tell if you look in their feedback comments.

Zephramrill

Smash Lord
I think Ally is already proving this, and DSF probably would be as well if he didn't switch...

Snake is 55-45 vs. MK, I don't care what anyone says.
Anth0ny and I discussed this once for like 15 minutes at a tourney and if you see Ally or old DSF play you agree MK is very beatable. KingAce (Canadas top MK) also has lost to Mikey (one of our best Falco's) which shows MK is far from unbeatable.

yellowroy

Smash Ace
Sure it's not a very hard matchup for Snake but I still say MK wins it. Yes Snake is underplayed but, no he won't be the best character if MK is there. MK is easier to play and he is just a better character.

popsofctown

Smash Champion
on-topic: I was hoping the SBR would do a purge, i'd heard of some people being in there that shouldn't be. While i think the purge could affect a vote, you don't get a change from 3:1 to 1:1, those don't happen from any purging that doesn't totally and specifically target anti-ban members (which i think we'd all agree would be very crooked).

There's not really need to do a revote, maybe another one sometime after more tournament results.

CaliburChamp

Smash Master
3DS FC
1392-6575-2504
Most new players to the Super Smash Bros. series want MK banned. Because they are new and not experienced. And these n00bs are deceived from all the failed MK match up threads and Ankoku Character Ranking Chart.
The Metaknight boards has the worst match up thread out of all the character boards. Sorry to say. Ankoku's character ranking list doesn't factor in separate individual wins from different players, its just the same old active tournament goers. And it doesn't factor in online rankings either.

Ryan-K

Smash Master
the brawl boards are so dangerously stupid it actually harms the community. it's like a malignant tumor if you're looking at it from an optimistic point of view. I think a majority of the people who post in brawl character forums wear nametags on a daily basis so they don't forget their names if what the intelligence of what they say on the internet has any connection to how they actually live.

Top Bottom