• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The new Ridley for SSBB thread =-Version 3.0-=

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patinator

Smash Champion
Gettin' a LI'L off track here. So which would be better for Ridley as Neutral B? Fireball, Plasma Ball, Plasma Breath, Firebreath?

Does anyone like this idea? Ridley shoots a Fireball as his Pummel attack, where you hit A while grabbing someone.

And how many Meteors/Spikes should Ridley have?! Agh, we have TOO MUCH to wonder about...

X-x-Dyce-x-X

Smash Master
Some town in New Jersey Mains: Link, Falco, Ganond
Ridley's nB should be Fire Ball. He charges it up in his mouth and can run around with it and people will take minor damage from it if contact is made. It wouldn't be that strong, and it wouldn't have much knockback, but it would combo them fairly well (burning and carrying them, kind of like a sideways Ness PKFire) and leave them vulnerable for an oncoming combo.

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
From colbusman to all Club R.I.D.L.E.Y. members, Youko is now a member of the club.

So um, yeah. Please feel free to welcome or congradulate him/her, I guess.

Mini Mic

Taller than Mic_128
BRoomer
WHY NOT ?????????RIDLEY 4 TEH BRAWL
Your spamming pisses me off though you have been good as of late so I withdraw my objection, go for it!

lol I'm not even a member so who cares what I think. Hmm maybe I should apply.

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
...Youko just became so much more cool.

Maybe I just like hearing him say 'Ridley.'

Youko for Brawl!

Uh.. Yeah. I had an idea that for Ridley's Special: If you tap it, he would fire one flying slightly homing fireball, but if you hold it, you can charge it. If you charge it completely, he'll shoot... maybe five fireballs. All fairly weak... but still cool though.

...youkoyoukoyouko

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
thanks platnum,
and yeah i could see that working for his neurtal b move,oasis s,
everybody says it should morph from fireballs to a plasma beam if u charge it, but that sounds confusing

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
thanks platnum,
everybody says it should morph from fireballs to a plasma beam if u charge it, but that sounds confusing
I find it funny how some people think it'd be hard to give Ridley a moveset, and yet here we are arguing about what his neutral special could be. :laugh:

platnum

Smash Lord
thanks platnum,
no problem.but dont get your hopes up

Pengie

Smash Lord
I'm beginning to think that Ridley may be confirmed on Friday what with these two useless updates we've gotten.

platnum

Smash Lord
*sees update*

*gets mad(er)*

*waves ridley flag*

*picks up sword*

the time has come felow ridley fans. tonight we storm nintendo!!!!

*sephiroth music*

*ominous clouds*

*lightning strikes*

*Ridley appears*

*the battle begins*

R.I.D.L.E.Y vs NINTENDO

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
well i got nothing better to do.
*stands in front of sakurais crappy up coming updates*
*pulls out sword*
U SHALL NOT PAAASSS!!!!
*all fall down a fissure*
*stabs "sonics final smash"*
*IsmaR emerges victorious 11/13 at 7:38p.m.*

~Krystal~

True American Heroine
No board explosion today. :(

Got lamed by Sakurai again.

He does this to us for the lulz. :rotfl:

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
Characters can have up to 3 taunts huh? Tell me something I don't already know.

But yeah. Like I said, if you guys keep expecting Ridley day after day (especially if you're expecting to see him this week in particular), ya'll will only go down a road of disappointment in the end :ohwell: (more than likely, anyway).

Reyairia

Smash Champion
Mewtwo was practically the most powerful creature in the series he's from (or one of the most powerful), who became the exact opposite when he was added to Melee, thus causing some of Mewtwo's former fans to be part of some "anti-Mewtwo movement". >_> The same would happen to Ridley if he turns out to be both slow and floaty, and the mere thought of one of Metroid's most powerful creatures becoming the exact opposite in Brawl is just... no. Just no. :mad:
Well, I wouldn't make it a guarantee that he would become a weak character to use, but he would need some serious making up for it and it would be extremely difficult.

Meh. I have to disagree there. I mean, look at how fast Ridley has flown in the air before, especially in Metroid Prime (the 1st one). He was super fast. :eek:
Exactly, plus with being both skinny and resized he shouldn't be heavier than Samus at all. Especially if he's resized to the scale he was in Melee.

im sad to say taht there is about a 60 percent chance of ridley in brawl, which, while great, just isn't high enough for me................................................i want him announced this week.
I say it's closer to 98.99% that he will be in Brawl. :p Seriously, Ganondorf, Dedede and Mewtwo (buffed) should all be in, Ridley should as well.

But yeah. Like I said, if you guys keep expecting Ridley day after day (especially if you're expecting to see him this week in particular), ya'll will only go down a road of disappointment in the end :ohwell: (more than likely, anyway).
Exactly, I still think that Ridley is one of the last characters who will be confirmed.

(I got sick today, so I'm around)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom