• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The new Ridley for SSBB thread =-Version 3.0-=

Status
Not open for further replies.

platnum

Smash Lord
So is he an enemy or a pc?

900 post ftw!

Ridley for Brawl!

We should really get back on topic though.
mog is a pc in FFVI but in most other FF games moogles are just random pedestrians.

on topic.RIDLEY moves coming sooner

Reyairia

Smash Champion
Oh, and BTW, I think we should have another art contest soon. :)

Why? TO CELEBRATE 500 PAGES, WOO!

I told you I'd steal the first post on the 500th page.

Reyairia

Smash Champion
think mewtwo.very floaty and two mid air jumps.check my mog thread some of the moves will be similer but ridleyfied.
Can't say I agree too well about that. Slow + Floaty can easily mean that poor Ridley may go through the same humiliation Mewtwo did. :(
I still go for hovering midweight.

Anyway guys, I'm going to sleep now.

platnum

Smash Lord
Can't say I agree too well about that. Slow + Floaty can easily mean that poor Ridley may go through the same humiliation Mewtwo did. :(
well he wont need the speed because geting near him is hard without geting pwnzord

~Krystal~

True American Heroine
well he wont need the speed because geting near him is hard without geting pwnzord
Take it from someone who knows...

Sigh...

Ridley is not someone you wanna face close range. :crying:

He should be considered a heavyweight BTW. King Dedede's fat self can fly, why can't Ridley?

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
That's what I'm trying to do, but few people have been giving me their msn addresses.
What is yours anyway? (just to make sure it is what I think it is and so I won't get you mixed up with someone else)

Well, until the game comes out we can't really say anything can we?
Hmm. Guess not...

Heh. I would've posted that too, but seems I was too late.

Question: Would Ridley would be a super killer like Ike as opposed to having many combos?
Depends really... if they decide to make him a "speedy" character or not.

You mean like Ridley would just slowly fly around and just hit people and they go flying? If so I hope not. He's most likely not going to be like Sonic fast but not Ike slow. He could have some combo ability if that's what you're asking.
Yeah. Ridley's shown himself to be anything but slow, especially in the Prime series.

And why doesn't Ridley have a tail? :p
He does in the SSBM intro. It's just not shown in that particular pic (because of the angle of it, making it impossible to see his tail there).

Bowser isn't known for destroying space stations and breathing plasma....
Bowser does breathe fire though, which is close enough.

As for attacks, I trust Sakurai on that, and I know what happens to people when they abuse my trust, so pray for Sakurai...
Well, I guess you could say Sakurai abused my trust when he made that crappy moveset for Mewtwo in Melee, so I can't help but think it's very possible for him to screw up on Ridley (moveset-wise) as well. :ohwell: Guess I'll just have to hope it doesn't come down to that...

Agreed.

Mewtwo was practically the most powerful creature in the series he's from (or one of the most powerful), who became the exact opposite when he was added to Melee, thus causing some of Mewtwo's former fans to be part of some "anti-Mewtwo movement". >_> The same would happen to Ridley if he turns out to be both slow and floaty, and the mere thought of one of Metroid's most powerful creatures becoming the exact opposite in Brawl is just... no. Just no. :mad:

But like I said, Ridley's shown himself to be anything but slow :p (then again, Mewtwo was never shown to be slow either, before Melee came out that is), so I guess there's really no telling how Ridley will be (statistically and moveset-wise) if he's in...

Anyway guys, I'm going to sleep now.
'k. Goodnight.

He should be considered a heavyweight BTW. King Dedede's fat self can fly, why can't Ridley?
Because Ridley shouldn't be the next Mewtwo (SSBM), and chances are, King Dedede will probably end up a low/bottom tier character anyway (because of being both heavyweight and able to fly).

but hes extremly heavy but still fast.
In a way, that's kind of a contradiction. :ohwell:

RyuDragonKing

Smash Journeyman
I just need a post on page 500, >_<

I think Ridley'll be mid-speed. Sakurai doesn't take as much account as we think into speed; Ike in the FE games is extremely fast, (in fact, several characters comment on it) SO, to make Ridley super powerful, they'll prolly hav to slow him down a bit.

Patinator

Smash Champion
My opinions on Ridley's speed/floatiness/whatever. And yes, this is the usual some amount of asterisks of whatever number, in this case ten. Someone posted something like this, which was added to page 1, opening post. But my view of Ridley is different, I think.

Remember, of ten. Not five.

Ground speed (Walk)

**** (4/10)

Ridley may be fast, but I can't see him walking quickly with his thin body and probably weak leg muscles. He'd be about Mario fast in walking.

Ground speed (Dash)

****** (6/10)

However, being aerodynamic in the right position, Ridley can probably run fast. Probably between Falco and Y. Link in Melee.

Air speed (Normal)

*** (3/10)

Well, according to Gimpyfish, EVERYONE is super floaty compared to Melee. Ridley, with his wings catching air like a parachute, would be placed in-between Luigi and Ness in Melee, and I can't give a comparison for Brawl.

Air speed (Fast fall)

******* (7/10)

Yes, you read that right. Ridley can become aerodynamic by Fastfalling. In Melee, he'd be a little below Roy. Again, can't compare with Brawl.

Height

********** (10/10)

Let's face it, Ridley's a big boy. Bowser's height, maybe a little taller.

Length

********** (10/10)

...Longer than Bowser, actually. Bowser and a half. And one's enough. :laugh: (Get it?)

So there's my opinion! :)

I'm trying to come up with my own Ridley move set like I did for Bomberman in his thread, so expect to see one, fellow Ridley-lovers!

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
I think Ridley'll be mid-speed. Sakurai doesn't take as much account as we think into speed; Ike in the FE games is extremely fast, (in fact, several characters comment on it) SO, to make Ridley super powerful, they'll prolly hav to slow him down a bit.
:( Well, they better not slow him down too much like they did Mewtwo...

Air speed (Normal)

*** (3/10)

Well, according to Gimpyfish, EVERYONE is super floaty compared to Melee. Ridley, with his wings catching air like a parachute, would be placed in-between Luigi and Ness in Melee, and I can't give a comparison for Brawl.
Meh. I have to disagree there. I mean, look at how fast Ridley has flown in the air before, especially in Metroid Prime (the 1st one). He was super fast. :eek:

Faustus

Smash Apprentice
Corneria, fourth panet of the Lylat System
:( Well, they better not slow him down too much like they did Mewtwo...

Meh. I have to disagree there. I mean, look at how fast Ridley has flown in the air before, especially in Metroid Prime (the 1st one). He was super fast. :eek:

i dont know why i quoted you..........

guys, we seriously, i'm sorry to say, seriously have to consider that ridley might not be in brawl!
I know you don't like to hear doubt, and i hope with all my heart that he is in it....but this dramatic pause....indicates that I have my doubts....

dont hate me for this.... its likely but....

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
i dont know why i quoted you..........

guys, we seriously, i'm sorry to say, seriously have to consider that ridley might not be in brawl!
I know you don't like to hear doubt, and i hope with all my heart that he is in it....but this dramatic pause....indicates that I have my doubts....

dont hate me for this.... its likely but....
/drama

Smooth Criminal

platnum

Smash Lord
Platnums Ridley moveset

sorry im late but here it is

basic

A.chomp
AA.chomp chomp
AAA.chompchompTail strike
AA rapid A.chompchomp rapid tail strike

TIlTS

Ftilt.hard chomp
Dtilt.tail trip
Utilt.upward chomp

dash

dash attack.Ridley spin.Ridley tuck in his wings and spins realy fast while going foward

AIR

Nair.tail spin.ridley spins around with his tail swinging
Uair.sky tail.Ridley does a back flip and swings his tail
Dair.Tail stomp. ridley jabs his tail straight down
Fair.air chomp.a foward air chomp
Bair.back swing.ridley swings his tail up and down behind him

SMASH

Fsmash.hard tail.ridley jabs his tail foward
Usmash.up swing.ridley crouches and swings his tail at high speed while its pointed up
Dsmash.tail smash.ridley slams his tail on the ground

Grab

ridley uses his tail to grab

Uthrow.toss up.needs no description
Bthrow.back toss.needs no description
Dthrow.slam.slams victem with tail
Fthrow.4x stab.throws the victem up a short distance then stabs them with his tail 4 times on the fourth time they go flying.

special

B.plasma beam.you can charge it but not store it.after the point of max charge it fires by itself
<B>flame spin.same as the dash but faster and and does more damage.also it has teh fire.
^B.barrel roll.ridley jumps and glides across the stage.if he hits someon he grabs them,Does a BARREL ROLL,and slams the victem into the ground.

_B.plasma jump.ridley jumps back,stops in mid air,and fires a plasma beam at where he was standing(or floating to be exact) .

PWNSAUCEfinal smash

omega charge.ridley turns into omega ridley and charges at a random character.if he connects he slashes them with his tail and claws repetedley and then hits them a phazon beam.if you are sucesfull ridley stays omega.

so thats it hope you enjoyd

Patinator

Smash Champion
Nice moveset, platnum! You rock for being a spammer! ^_^

Faustus, you DO have a point... There is a one centillionth of a chance Ridley won't be in Brawl. And centillionth = thirty-six commas, which is a HECK OF A LOT OF SOMETHIN' BELOW ZERO. So yeah, Ridley's out. :chuckle:

Kidding. Don't shoot me; shoot someone like... Umm... RIDLEY HATERZ!!!!

<3 Ridley

Faustus

Smash Apprentice
Corneria, fourth panet of the Lylat System
Nice moveset, platnum! You rock for being a spammer! ^_^

Faustus, you DO have a point... There is a one centillionth of a chance Ridley won't be in Brawl. And centillionth = thirty-six commas, which is a HECK OF A LOT OF SOMETHIN' BELOW ZERO. So yeah, Ridley's out. :chuckle:

Kidding. Don't shoot me; shoot someone like... Umm... RIDLEY HATERZ!!!!

<3 Ridley
im sad to say taht there is about a 60 percent chance of ridley in brawl, which, while great, just isn't high enough for me................................................i want him announced this week.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom