• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The new Ridley for SSBB thread =-Version 3.0-=

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wreked

Smash Lord
I think we're getting almost one per each series, so I'm happy with the number of villains. The only thing that worries me is if they are subjective to being heavy-weights.

That's just how most villans are it seem like.

Ganondorf.
King DeDeDe(if he even is a villan)
Bowser
Mewtwo
Wolf I guess
King K Rool
Black Knight
Eggman

Villans are just portrayed as the guys who don't do anything except order people around and have cool gadgets or powers. Heroes like Link, Sonic, Kirby, Fox, are the athletic light and fast ones. It's just how gaming is.

R4B

Reyairia

Smash Champion
That's just how most villans are it seem like.
Mewtwo is light-weight (he also is supposed to be fast), so um, yeah. Ridley shouldn't be too heavy at all either, since he is a flying type and is pretty skinny in most portrayals of him.

X-x-Dyce-x-X

Smash Master
Some town in New Jersey Mains: Link, Falco, Ganond
thank you foe becoming a ridley supoorter..i know of your massive support on sonic so its nice to see that when one is confirmed his/her follower changes for the support of someone else.(i know your still a sonic fan..heck so am i)
Actually, I've been a Ridley supporter since I saw Samus fighting him in the Melee intro. (I had no idea who he was, nor had I ever played a Metroid game before that, but he just looked so badass.) I am an avid supporter, I just never got around to this thread. And, if you want to define support by thread subscriptions, I was a Megaman supporter MONTHS before I was even a Sonic supporter.

Anyway, thank you. :chuckle:

Ridley would be about as(rougthly)as just under roys speed and just below ganondorfs attack if not just a bit stronger.
You mean like Ridley would just slowly fly around and just hit people and they go flying? If so I hope not. He's most likely not going to be like Sonic fast but not Ike slow. He could have some combo ability if that's what you're asking.
I was thinking Ridley would be a bigger Ike with wings, fire breath, and a tail. (Figuratively speaking, of course.)
I imagine him to have massive damage attacks, many kill moves, loads of invincibility frames, and very slow warm-up/cool-down for each of his moves.

Reyairia

Smash Champion
I was thinking Ridley would be a bigger Ike with wings, fire breath, and a tail. (Figuratively speaking, of course.)
I imagine him to have massive damage attacks, many kill moves, loads of invincibility frames, and very slow warm-up/cool-down for each of his moves.
Nah, Ridley has a "bird like model" (to call it something :dizzy:) from what I've seen, so I imagine having a lot of quick snappy attacks with a few slow but powerful ones.

X-x-Dyce-x-X

Smash Master
Nah, Ridley has a "bird like model" (to call it something :dizzy:) from what I've seen, so I imagine having a lot of quick but middle-weak attacks with a few slow powerful ones.
I don't know... I doubt that. Sure he'll have a few quick/weak attacks (otherwise, he'd just be unplayable) but I imagine that because he's such a giant with giant extremeties (tail, claws, wings, noggin) that he'll be using them to their full potential all the time.

EDIT:
And other than sometimes shooting you with a small flurry of weak mouth blasts, he never really "needles" you in the Metroid games. Every shot from him takes out a fairly significant amount of Samus' health gauge.

Reyairia

Smash Champion
I don't know... I doubt that. Sure he'll have a few quick/weak attacks (otherwise, he'd just be unplayable) but I imagine that because he's such a giant with giant extremeties (tail, claws, wings, noggin) that he'll be using them to their full potential all the time.

EDIT:
And other than sometimes shooting you with a small flurry of weak mouth blasts, he never really "needles" you in the Metroid games. Every shot from him takes out a fairly significant amount of Samus' health gauge.
He's a giant in the games so I can understand, but resized to Bowser's height at least and being the skinny dragon that he is I don't imagine him to be the same powerful giant at all.

X-x-Dyce-x-X

Smash Master
He's a giant in the games so I can understand, but resized to Bowser's height at least and being the skinny dragon that he is I don't imagine him to be the same powerful giant at all.
Ahhh... good point. Well made. Sometimes I forget that he is that skinny (minus the gargantuan size.)

Ok, so he'd probably:
> attack a bit faster than Bowser with an above average amount of killing moves.
> be hard to combo with due to barely any natural combos that only round off to about 2 or 3 hits, but very effective when successful.
> have some nasty reach with his tail and teeth, but those moves would be slower and stronger.
> be awesome.

Reyairia

Smash Champion
Ahhh... good point. Well made. Sometimes I forget that he is that skinny (minus the gargantuan size.)

Ok, so he'd probably:
> attack a bit faster than Bowser with an above average amount of killing moves.
> be hard to combo with due to barely any natural combos that only round off to about 2 or 3 hits, but very effective when successful.
> have some nasty reach with his tail and teeth, but those moves would be slower and stronger.
> be awesome.
I still think Ridley wouldn't be too heavy at all, maybe around Link's weight in Melee.

X-x-Dyce-x-X

Smash Master
I still think Ridley wouldn't be too heavy at all, maybe around Link's weight in Melee.
Nah, he's gotta be heavier. He's huge (or at least just bigger than most characters) in every appearance he's made. It's like making Dedede a medium character, it just wouldn't make sense.

EDIT:
Though, it would be nice to see a light/medium villain character. But I just don't see that being Ridley's field.

Reyairia

Smash Champion
Nah, he's gotta be heavier. He's huge (or at least just bigger than most characters) in every appearance he's made. It's like making Dedede a medium character, it just wouldn't make sense.

EDIT:
Though, it would be nice to see a light/medium villain character. But I just don't see that being Ridley's field.

He looks pretty lightweight to me here.

Reyairia

Smash Champion
That clip always bugged me. When did Samus ever have a machine gun?
And why doesn't Ridley have a tail? :p
Whether that pic annoys you or not, it kind of gives me the idea of Ridley's size and maybe anatomy in Brawl.

X-x-Dyce-x-X

Smash Master

He looks pretty lightweight to me here.
How many lightweights could come crashing through a wall like that?
I don't know many space stations built with cardboard walls.
Plus, he's still big.

And to this day I still don't know what that thing is on his foot.
I used to think it was a Wario Bucket stuck on his foot, but now it looks like he just has an energy cell clentched in his toes.

Reyairia

Smash Champion
Plus, he's still big.

I used to think it was a Wario Bucket stuck on his foot, but now it looks like he just has an energy cell clentched in his toes.
I don't think he's lightweight, but he doesn't look Bowser type heavy-weight to me.
I'm saying midweight leaning towards heavy.

As for what he's clenching, I think a RIDLEY member would explain that better than me.

LuLLo

Smash Ace
DANG!! I was expecting Ridley today, cause of the Norfair update on friday, a bit of hyping up the big Ridley update the whole weekend.....darn darn darn...

Oh yeah that thing is a Metroid in a tank, the infant Metroid if I'm correct.

They must make Ridley a bit bigger than Bowser in Melee, Bowser isn't known for destroying space stations and breathing plasma....Ridley should keeps his massiveness and coolness....
As for attacks, I trust Sakurai on that, and I know what happens to people when they abuse my trust, so pray for Sakurai...

Reyairia

Smash Champion
They must make Ridley a bit bigger than Bowser in Melee, Bowser isn't known for destroying space stations and breathing plasma....Ridley should keeps his massiveness and coolness....
As for attacks, I trust Sakurai on that, and I know what happens to people when they abuse my trust, so pray for Sakurai...
Maybe taller, but he still is skinny while Bowser is nothing but a bunch of muscle and the heavyweight. Sakurai did say that Bowser was the heaviest fighter, and how is Ridley supposed to fly if he's so heavy? o3o
I think he'd be better off as a midweight.

platnum

Smash Lord
Plus, he's still big.

people who use the "to big" argument make me sick:urg:

BTW behold my new sig

Reyairia

Smash Champion
Oh that's why I don't know who he is, i've never played Final Fantasy.

So is he a character or just a generic animal like a metroid?
I'm unsure about that, but I do know he's part of a species that looks like that.

Aryman

Smash Master
3DS FC
1934-0665-4529
Someone vote for Ridley in the Eliminator thread. I'm saving my vote for when he really needs it.

Aryman

Smash Master
3DS FC
1934-0665-4529
I tried reading the rules and I didn't get it at all. x_x
Its not too complicated. You can only vote for a character once ever. And a character only needs one vote to go to the next round. That's basically it. And only one vote per round. So just go in and say "I vote for Ridley"!

Reyairia

Smash Champion
mog=moogle=cute fuzzy bat-wing bear monster.
I was unsure if Mog was the name of the species or of the character. ^_^; I've only played Tactics Advance of Final Fantasy, and I keep hearing that doesn't count. XD;

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom