• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The new Ridley for SSBB thread =-Version 3.0-=

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shuma

Smash Hero
You know what... i just whant one of my top whanted characters confirmed, so far none on my list has been confirmed or deconfirmed.

Reyairia

Smash Champion
very true, but techinically, not human. just as the people from the Laguz kingdom in Fire emblem can go from cat, bird, or dragon. so can Ridley. beleve me, its a lot cooler than it sounds.
What the heck, gimme the link.

A genetic combo of both Samus's and Ridley's DNA does sound like something the Galactic Federation or even the Space Pirates might do. I say that be fic'd.

@Legolastom: You do realize that is not Ridley, but his son? :laugh:

Reyairia

Smash Champion
You know what... i just whant one of my top whanted characters confirmed, so far none on my list has been confirmed or deconfirmed.
If the list is in your banner, Wolf was said to have appeared as an alternate costume to Fox.

Shuma

Smash Hero
Hmmm i wonder... is Ridley his name or the name of the specie? dudududuuuun. We've been fighthing a race of Dragons not one! OMG. It explains everything, my logic is flawless.

Edit:

I know, but Gympifish(who played the demo) assures that it's just a color change not an alt. costume.

Reyairia

Smash Champion
Hmmm i wonder... is Ridley his name or the name of the specie? dudududuuuun. We've been fighthing a race of Dragons not one! OMG. It explains everything, my logic is flawless.
If Ridley were an unspecific character that would severely lower his chances.
And I hate the idea.

RDK

Smash Hero
If the list is in your banner, Wolf was said to have appeared as an alternate costume to Fox.
That was just a rumor started by some n00b who looked at the E for All pictures, and drew a slight correlation between Wolf and Fox's alt. costume. It doesn't really deconfirm (or otherwise) Wolf at all.

Luke Groundwalker

Smash Lord
You have to be an idiot to actually think that Wolf was an alternate costume for Fox when pictures clearly show that it isn't, I'm sorry.

Hopefully with the recent Norfair update we'll get Ridley soon.

Reyairia

Smash Champion
You have to be an idiot to actually think that Wolf was an alternate costume for Fox when pictures clearly show that it isn't, I'm sorry.

Hopefully with the recent Norfair update we'll get Ridley soon.
-shrug-
Hey, give me a break here, I only heard it from around and I'm not a starfox fan.

gtkdltk007

Smash Apprentice
Ridley 4 brawl, all the way. He is my most wanted Nintendo character in (except Captain Olimar). I would love to see a Tallon IV stage which transports you to different parts like the Magmoor Caverns and Phendrana Drifts, in the same way Castle Siege works.

Ancient Mini-Stir

Smash Cadet
English DOJO said:
Norfair is the location in Metroid where the enemy boss Ridley was. There was a lot of lava, and it seemed like a rather hot area.
I think this is still open really. So far Ridley has the most mentions out of all the unconfirmed characters, so Sakurai knows who he is for sure.

TheBuzzSaw

Young Link Extraordinaire
BRoomer
ROFL! I just read over the posts close to when Norfair's update was posted. You people crack me up. Seriously, Sakurai should have a special meeting just for all you. He will get up on stage, walk up to the microphone, and say, "Ahem ahem... ahem... ... Ridley." The whole crowd goes wild, and everyone starts asking, "He said Ridley! What could that possibly mean??? I think he's confirmed!" Then, just to taunt you all, he'll say it a few more times, "RIDley... Rid-LEY... ridley... RIdleY..." Then he just walks off the stage. That's it.

Seriously, the DOJO simply points out a bit of Norfair history. Of course Ridley has chances, but you guys analyze WAAAAAAY too deeply in this stuff. You guys broke it down to a single word. Meanwhile, the Ness fans are freakin' out because they see a whole sentence essentially deconfirming Ness, so they demand a retranslation because the English is apparently wrong while the Spanish and German are correct. >_>

Fans will say anything to give themselves confidence about their favorite character. :laugh:

Reyairia

Smash Champion
ROFL! I just read over the posts close to when Norfair's update was posted. You people crack me up. Seriously, Sakurai should have a special meeting just for all you. He will get up on stage, walk up to the microphone, and say, "Ahem ahem... ahem... ... Ridley." The whole crowd goes wild, and everyone starts asking, "He said Ridley! What could that possibly mean??? I think he's confirmed!" Then, just to taunt you all, he'll say it a few more times, "RIDley... Rid-LEY... ridley... RIdleY..." Then he just walks off the stage. That's it.

Seriously, the DOJO simply points out a bit of Norfair history. Of course Ridley has chances, but you guys analyze WAAAAAAY too deeply in this stuff. You guys broke it down to a single word. Meanwhile, the Ness fans are freakin' out because they see a whole sentence essentially deconfirming Ness, so they demand a retranslation because the English is apparently wrong while the Spanish and German are correct. >_>
You win my respect!
:joyful:
You had me cracking up because of the imagery. That's great!
Nintendo fanboys are fun to tease because of how easy they jump the gun and decide what are the requirements to get into a game, how characters are not going to get in because they personally think such character sucks, and of course change their arguments completely around when it's convenient.
Of course, some of them are really nice too. They're all just really cute guys most of the time.

Why do you think I'm so drawn to this place?

Yaya

Smash Champion
Ridley has been confirmed.

Someone post the Ridley anthem again.
W00t! My Ridley Anthem!

Oh, Ridley, we honor you.

If anyone disses you,

We'll give their bones to chew!

Oh Ridley, If anyone says,

You Won't be in Brawl.

We'll Push 'em off a cliff,

And watch them fall!

If anyone disses you,

NukeA6

Smash Master
Once Ridley is confirmed, you will all see the largest pwnage that will ever exist in the Smash community.

It's a shame that I won't be around when that happens unless Sakurai wanted to reveal Ridley early.

Patinator

Smash Champion
W00t! My Ridley Anthem!

If anyone disses you,

Oh Ridley, If anyone says,

You Won't be in Brawl.

We'll Push 'em off a cliff,

And watch them fall!

If anyone disses you,

SUPER ULTIMATE RIDLEY-SIZED LOL. That is SO funny. :chuckle::laugh::lol:

And so TRUE! But perhaps we should kill the spammers to keep the thread around...

...Nah.

Pieman0920

Smash Master
Hmm, I worried about Sakurai's wording with Ridley in the update today. I know saying he was the enemy boss is correct, but it still is a bit shaky for me. Hopefully he'll be more than just a boss in this game. (Since we know if he is playable, he'll still probably show up as a boss anyways)

Shuma

Smash Hero
Well what do you expect Sakurai to say? Ridley has been a boss since always.

LemonManX

Smash Lord
Well, did Sakuarai's wording of the music update being Boss Music concern you? Sakurai is just saying it because as others said, Ridley was a boss in the Metroid franchise.

He really didn't have to mention Ridley in the Norfair update so the fact that he did mention him has given me even more hope.

Ridley's revelation will be a grand day.

dynamic_entry

Smash Ace
Hmm, I worried about Sakurai's wording with Ridley in the update today. I know saying he was the enemy boss is correct, but it still is a bit shaky for me. Hopefully he'll be more than just a boss in this game. (Since we know if he is playable, he'll still probably show up as a boss anyways)
from dojo:
"Norfair is the location in Metroid where the enemy boss Ridley was."

was. past tense. he also says in metroid, so hes clearly just referring to that particular game.

Ninjuku

Smash Journeyman
from dojo:
"Norfair is the location in Metroid where the enemy boss Ridley was."

was. past tense. he also says in metroid, so hes clearly just referring to that particular game.
I cant tell if youre doubtful or not due to that statement...
If your not doubtful and you know Ridley is in, please disregard the following...
he also says "there was a lot of lava, ..."...
Theres still a lot of lava...
Theres still gonna be Ridley...
Hes probably just trying to build up the suspense for his eventual release/confirmation...
Ridley for Brawl...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom