• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The new Ridley for SSBB thread =-Version 3.0-=

Status
Not open for further replies.

Darkraid

Smash Champion
Nah Sakurai is just playing with us by giving hints. Don't worry Ridley is gonna be in brawl.

Ridley FTB!!!

Smash Lord
I guess Ridley now has a very good chance to appear as a playable character, since he has his own stage and music. I dont think any boss or assist trophy would be given so much attention. But since he could be one of the unlockable characters we wont know before february =/
if unlockable charcters are back this time then i think we are going to unlock both snake and sonic...

ndm508

Smash Journeyman
Norfair...good god...the acid levels weren't bad enough, now the lava can cover the entire **** area. That stage does not want you on it. at all.

I wouldn't have given a crap about the update seeing as we already knew about this level, but this is yet another mention of Ridley. AND WE STILL HAVE NOT SEEN HIM ANYWHERE.

I know it just boosts his chances, but really, at this point, we all know he will be in the game....

...I just want it con-freaking-firmed...

Ridley for Brawl.

AIM0001

Smash Lord
Norfair...good god...the acid levels weren't bad enough, now the lava can cover the entire **** area. That stage does not want you on it. at all.

I wouldn't have given a crap about the update seeing as we already knew about this level, but this is yet another mention of Ridley. AND WE STILL HAVE NOT SEEN HIM ANYWHERE.

I know it just boosts his chances, but really, at this point, we all know he will be in the game....

Ridley for Brawl.
It does look like a very difficult stage to win on. I kinda wish this stage could of came out better. But Ridley's chances are looking good right now:chuckle:

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
I never played a lot of Metriod (very little). So I don't know a whole lot about the game. So my question is, do you ever fight Ridley in a boss battle in Norfair?
Yes. In the original Metroid (NES), Zero Mission, and Super Metroid.

It does seem as though the updates are pointing torwards Ridley being a boss though... sadly... =\.
Not really.

"Norfair is the location in Metroid where the enemy boss Ridley was."

Going by what Sakurai said there, if Ridley is going to be a boss (regardless of whether he's playable or not), he won't be in the Norfair stage because if that were the case, Sakurai would've said 'is' at the end of the sentence instead of 'was', don't you think?

Ridley's not in the background or anything on this stage. If he was going to appear in the background or as a stage hazard it would be on his own stage. So we can rule that out.

That leaves assist trophy, boss, or playable character.

If he was just going to be an assist trophy, his stage probably wouldn't be in the game. So he's probably not an assist trophy.

That leaves boss or playable character.

You fight Petey Pirahna in that arena. It looks like you fight Rayquaza at some lake in the jungle. So far it doesn't look like the bosses are being given stages based on where you fight them in their games.

So I think Ridley will be a playable character.
Hmm... Make sense to me. :)

Yeah... I'm getting tired of all these "mind games" about Ridley myself. -_-

Ridley FTB!!!

Smash Lord
ridleys should be in one way or another.sakurai seems to like him.
background:ssb
he appeared in the intro(and trophy):ssbm
music and stage:ssbb
his chances couldnt be higher if sakurai likes him also!!!

AIM0001

Smash Lord
Well I hope he likes enough to finally put him in Brawl and confirm him this month.

HeroXL

Smash Journeyman
So haven't we known about this stage for a while? Why are we getting all worked up now? All he did was confirm something we already knew, yeah?

Shuma

Smash Hero
A bit? Ridley has appeared in more Smash Games than even Bowser. Ridley was in the 64 version of Brinstar.

Shuma

Smash Hero
Ridley appears as his Super Metroid Sprite flying in the back of the brinstar stage in 64.

edit:

Chepe

Smash Lord
Well yeah, I dunno.
This does give him a shot.
Sakurai has been posting updates in Pairs lately.
So its a 50%-50% chance on the next one.

Monday is Judgment Day.

Hit or Miss.
I dont get it. If Ridley's not confirmed on Monday he's not in the game at all? :dizzy:

Anyway, watch all the Ridley haters pull a "Pokemon Trainer reform" and accept Ridley if he is confirmed. Because if he is playable, then the genius that is Sakurai will have made him work splendidly, and the screenshots will show it. People will be all "omg Sakurai's a genius he convinced me Ridley works!"

Something I foresee...

Darkraid

Smash Champion
Why's that Ridley so tiny?

I kinda wish Ridley was cuter. I liked the tunnel battle in Metroid Prime 3. It was just too cool.

Reyairia

Smash Champion
Why's that Ridley so tiny?

I kinda wish Ridley was cuter. I liked the tunnel battle in Metroid Prime 3. It was just too cool.
But... Ridley is cute already.

-looks at update-
I don't see anything in the background. :D

I don't see why Ridley has to be updated into the game soon.

Wreked

Smash Lord
Great! The one weekend where the Ridley thread has something to talk about, i'm gonna be 8 hours away from my computer for my sister's soccer tournament. Oh well, it will make the anticaption weekend go faster. And I don't have school on monday, and we all know Ridley is going to be confirmed monday. So i'll be able to rub it in Ridley haters all day!

Reyairia

Smash Champion
Great! The one weekend where the Ridley thread has something to talk about, i'm gonna be 8 hours away from my computer for my sister's soccer tournament. Oh well, it will make the anticaption weekend go faster. And I don't have school on monday, and we all know Ridley is going to be confirmed monday. So i'll be able to rub it in Ridley haters all day!
I wouldn't get my hopes up. =/ February is still a while away.

Shadowplusle

Smash Journeyman
yea i was really hoping for a new character today but it was a mertroid prime stage. which is still good. they mentioned Ridley's name in it so who lnows, maybe that the was the thing that we were looking for to confirm ridely.

i dont know but im off to school, adios people.

~Shadow Plusle

Reyairia

Smash Champion
Some dude is using the "too big argument" again in the Characters on Sakurai's Poll thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom