• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The new Ridley for SSBB thread =-Version 3.0-=

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dragothel

Smash Journeyman
Im not the one who came up with it, but I cannot stress how much I love this idea about playable Ridley:

People think he would be awkward right? Well, what if that was actually implemented into his playstyle? Someone said that perhaps Ridley could be a character thats bad to use on the ground, but be highly mobile in the air. I agree with the idea so much, he would be the opposite of Sonic kinda (according to E for All impressions). Ridley would indeed be awkward on the ground, moving clumsily and his attacks being rather laggy (he hardly attacks from the ground), but get him into the air and he would be at least as mobile as Melee Jigglypuff, probably faster.

Equip him with fast and comboing aerials that would essentially make him a character that needs to stay in the air to be effective, and there you go. That would be a perfect capture of Ridley, since in his games he never stays on the ground for long. And that make for quite a unique character, if it was implemented purposefully. Sakurai could mention this in his trophy and everything. The idea of a Ridley who needs to fight like he does in the boss battles from Metroid is just perfect to me...

This makes soooo much sense

this is win

Yaya

Smash Champion
I moved my Madden team to Mexicaly.

It consists only of Ridley over and over again.

We've won 20 Super Bowls in a row.

And my Team is my conference's Pro Bowl squad.

They are over 9000 times more awesome then the New England Patriots.

RMR

Smash Apprentice
I do live in Mexicaly you insolent creature.
Hmm, Im not sure if you are using sarcasm, I need to actualize my Sarcasm identificator.

PEro no estoy seguro de que vivas en Mexicali. Jamas te e visto escribir en español. Pero tal vez ese sea yo.

Ahora tendre que irme a Japon por que Shuma me desterrara y usara su wavedash para vencerme.

Yaya

Smash Champion
Wavedash it is for male prostitutes, and the sea will not save you from me. I satisfy????

0.o

Shuma

Smash Hero
Si... por ke es muy normal usar ortografia perfectamente en foros.

Edit:

Wavedash it is for male prostitutes, and the sea will not save you from me. Happy?

More acurrate.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
And so, this marks the second update where Ridley is mentioned.

First he was acknowledged as Samus' arch-nemesis, and now Norfair is acknowledged as the place you encounter him.

So close...

Dragonblood21

Smash Journeyman
I never played a lot of Metriod (very little). So I don't know a whole lot about the game. So my question is, do you ever fight Ridley in a boss battle in Norfair? If so, I wouldn't say this update at all deconfirms Ridley.

It does seem as though the updates are pointing torwards Ridley being a boss though... sadly... =\.

silver777

Smash Champion
In Akaneia, blasting every castle with a pink Land
I never played a lot of Metriod (very little). So I don't know a whole lot about the game. So my question is, do you ever fight Ridley in a boss battle in Norfair? If so, I wouldn't say this update at all deconfirms Ridley.

It does seem as though the updates are pointing torwards Ridley being a boss though... sadly... =\.
Of course it points Ridley as being a boss, because he is.:ohwell:

you can call Norfair as his home.

Shuma

Smash Hero
"Norfair is the location in Metroid where the enemy boss Ridley was."

: DDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD

Dragonblood21

Smash Journeyman
Of course it points Ridley as being a boss, because he is.:ohwell:

you can call Norfair as his home.
OoOoh. Well, if you actually ever fight him there in the Metriod series I'm saying.

@ Shuma - Why does it appear that your happy? O_o. I don't see how this ups Ridley's chance of being playable at all...

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Either they are trying to throw us off...or...something...

Notice how every reference of Ridley so far has the word BOSS next to it...

or close to it...

Hoping for throwing us off...

Shuma

Smash Hero
Maybe i'm just seeing things but the "Was" implies that Ridley has left Norfair... so he left Norfair... because.... Either Way now i'm Sure Ridley will be either a boss a PC or both.

freeman123

Smash Lord
NNID
josephf5
Ridley's not in the background or anything on this stage. If he was going to appear in the background or as a stage hazard it would be on his own stage. So we can rule that out.

That leaves assist trophy, boss, or playable character.

If he was just going to be an assist trophy, his stage probably wouldn't be in the game. So he's probably not an assist trophy.

That leaves boss or playable character.

You fight Petey Pirahna in that arena. It looks like you fight Rayquaza at some lake in the jungle. So far it doesn't look like the bosses are being given stages based on where you fight them in their games.

So I think Ridley will be a playable character.

Shuma

Smash Hero
Ridley would never be an Assit Trophy, it's clear that Sakurai knows he's important, so either he is a Boss or a PC or both like Bowser/Wario.

Chepe

Smash Lord
My God the update has no hidden meaning or hint dammit!

It is just referring to a location in the first game where Ridley appeared! And are Bowser and Ganondorf and Dedede not enemy bosses too? If Sakurai called Bowser an enemy boss in a Bowser Castle stage, would it suddenly deconfirm him?

Dragonblood21

Smash Journeyman
Ridley's not in the background or anything on this stage. If he was going to appear in the background or as a stage hazard it would be on his own stage. So we can rule that out.

If he was just going to be an assist trophy, his stage probably wouldn't be in the game. So he's probably not an assist trophy.

You fight Petey Pirahna in that arena. It looks like you fight Rayquaza at some lake in the jungle. So far it doesn't look like the bosses are being given stages based on where you fight them in their games.

This does somewhat make sense. I feel as though it's certainly not impossible Ridley could appear as a boss in his own stage, but it might be more likely for him to be playable.

It's also possible that the arena you saw Petey in has yet to be announced as a stage, you don't fight and you don't fight Rayquaza at the beach, instead some other stage that is available to play normally on, meaning Boss stages are fought on actual stages, not just their own.

We won't truly know until things are confirmed or announced other wise, it's all just speculations.

Ridley FTB!!!

Smash Lord
yes and no
yes becuase now ridley has a proper chance to appeare(either way)as a main part of the game
and no because......HE ISNT CONFIRMED YET!!! :( *sobs quietly in the background*

ah this thread livend up abit i gota be faster

Stado

Smash Apprentice

I knew some of you lot were going to come to this obviously misled conclusion once I saw today's update... *sigh*

freeman123

Smash Lord
NNID
josephf5
This does somewhat make sense. I feel as though it's certainly not impossible Ridley could appear as a boss in his own stage, but it might be more likely for him to be playable.

It's also possible that the arena you saw Petey in has yet to be announced as a stage, you don't fight and you don't fight Rayquaza at the beach, instead some other stage that is available to play normally on, meaning Boss stages are fought on actual stages, not just their own.

We won't truly know until things are confirmed or announced other wise, it's all just speculations.
Even if that arena is a stage, which it probably is, it isn't Petey Pirahna's stage. It's just some stage were you fight him at, the stage itself has nothing to do with him. If Rayquaza is a boss, that lake area has nothing to do with him. So it doesn't look like they're designing any boss specific stages. The characters that got their own stages so far are playable.

Stado

Smash Apprentice
*sigh* yourself...we now have a new topic to discuss...
It's a good point of discussion, to be sure, but to conclude what he stated outright seems a little misguided, if not plain foolish. Take out his last two paragraphs and then you've got your sensible discussion.

Ridley FTB!!!

Smash Lord
another thing.we are cathin up in the geno thread!!!
and to stado:yes i agree but at this point ridley fans need something to discuss.we have ran out of ideas and we dont want to spam alot or we get closed down.

4treyu

Smash Rookie
I guess Ridley now has a very good chance to appear as a playable character, since he has his own stage and music. I dont think any boss or assist trophy would be given so much attention. But since he could be one of the unlockable characters we wont know before february =/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom