• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The new Ridley for SSBB thread =-Version 3.0-=

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patinator

Smash Champion
^^Wow, now that's the spirit.
Thank you, one of my many gods.

Dude next time just ignore people like that.
I think I'll have to. Thank you for your advice. I don't want to get banned or anything now do I? Just trying to silence the idiots... As I did in the thread Shuma posted.

My fingers burn from the flamage. Roy's got nothing on my phir3! :laugh: :flame:

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
Sakurai posting in this thread !L<!L,1o awesome. Now, let's go to the glorious days of the past...

http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=124974&page=2

To Battle! Burn everything1 have fun!!!.
Meh. Since you guys already took care of the thread author in your own fashion, guess there's no need for me to step foot into that thread now :ohwell: (otherwise, I'd just be repeating what everyone else said).

...................?
Nothin'. If it's going to stir controversy, just forget what I said there. :ohwell:

Dude next time just ignore people like that.
Now that's the best idea I've heard all day in regards to what to do about trolls.

I became scared and amused at the same time.
Same here... so Super Saiyans really do exist on the Internet. :eek:

Shadowplusle

Smash Journeyman
I agree with the dude with a lot of quoates. but i do find that hitting trolls with sledgehammers is much more effective. :)

Anyway, i think the "every 25 posts is something epic" theory could be right. we haven't had a new character in two weeks and we need another one. i got so exicted this morning when i saw the charater sign but it was just lucas' special moves. i turned temporarily emo. hopefully tomorrow for Rildey!

Ridley for Brawl!

hotgarbage

Smash Lord
Yeah tommrow's the 150th update, and we have had a good record with 25 interval updates

#25- Samus
#50- Ike
#75- Diddy Kong
#100- Wi-fi Play
#125- Sonic
#150- This friday...

I counted and came up with Monday being 150. Some people on Gfaqs got the same thing.
The real list is:

#25 - samus
#50 - samus final smash
#75 - subspace army
#100 - wifi
#125 - new launch e for all

....not much of a pattern, save for wifi being 100.

LemonManX

Smash Lord
Wow. That other thread is made of a lot of fail. Oh well, the non believers will never change until he is confirmed... which in a perfect world would be tonight's update.

Patinator

Smash Champion
I apologized to the guy who made that lame "ultimate blah blah blah ultimate yadda yadda yadda" topic. Can you people believe it? I guess really he didn't deserve flames from so many people. He must not have known about the side argument. Meh.

And, um, regarding to my flame towards Blue Jay:

...Sorry to you too. You didn't REALLY deserve that. I just have a habit of overreacting. That said, you shoulda known you would've been flamed, bringing up "Ridley for boss only" in his PC thread. Sorry.

I AM SUCH A DANG PANSY/PACIFIST! :crying:

I agree with the dude with a lot of quoates. but i do find that hitting trolls with sledgehammers is much more effective. :)

Ridley for Brawl!
Actually, I hit him with this:

:bigrocket

...And I really shouldn't have. THIS would've been enough:

:tnt::uzi:

Yup! Those are worse than a bigrocket! :)

So... Um... Yeah... peace

LOL I STOLE H!ROSHI'S TRADEMARK! I'M DEAD NOW! :laugh: :(

Shuma

Smash Hero
I don't need your puny thanks, i'm the heart of the Spam!.

Ahem, i mean take care.

axemangx

Smash Champion
Tazmily Village, Currently Maining: Lucas and Didd
AWW! That means there's gone be fewer posts... WE MUST MAKE UP FOR IT! And. No. Spam.

...Got it Shuma? Platnum? (NOT trying to start something! :))
I hardly even spammed in this topic (if you dont count when I first started in R.I.D.L.E.Y)

Anyways, I would like to temporarily resign from my position in Ridley.

Seeyah.

Meh, I dunno why I get worked over dumb things. Maybe I have ADHD or something.

Shuma

Smash Hero
Why should you little emo *****, grow some balls put them in your mout while you scream Ridley for Brawl.

RDK

Smash Hero
Okay guys.

Because of the utter depression I'm getting from Brawl, I am leaving the forums. Honestly, I needed this, because I need to catch up on life anywho.

I might visit once and a while like O D I N, but...

Thanks guys. You've been great.

Especially Gypsy.
[/cryforattention]

And Shuma, that pic is win.

Shuma

Smash Hero
I shall forget you. Like i forgot the name of he who always dies in Metroid Games.

RMR

Smash Apprentice
Ridley WILL be tomorrow, I have trained Enough in Mother 3 and I have seen future.

Besides, I belive in the 25-day Theory. Ridley was confirmed, but he needs more. MORE !

It will be epic, Considering we had bad updates all the week

Monday: Random Japanese Singing in Latin, and Random Rayquaza in lake
Tuesday (Or How do you say Martes in English ?): OH NOEZ FILLER
Wednesday: 3rd Party AT with Sakurai Mocking and Random Ike/Link Yaoi for the Funny Brawl Pics thread
Today: Ness deconfirmed

Shuma

Smash Hero
Below California? how dare you! I'm Below california!. perhaps i should haunt you dawn and utterly destroy you. Then it will be only me and Stryks o yes bwahahaha.

RMR

Smash Apprentice
Below California? how dare you! I'm Below california!. perhaps i should haunt you dawn and utterly destroy you. Then it will be only me and Stryks o yes bwahahaha.
No. How dare YOU to live below california ? I have been living here all my life, and you must be some kind of gaijin who wants to conquer my Earths, but you Will NOT !

When you say below california, you mean you live below the streets of L.A. or that you live in Baja ?
I somehow live in Both

ZOMG DEATH NOTE IS ROXORZZ LOLOLOLOL !11one11

Yaya

Smash Champion

Hi, I'm Sonic the Hedgehog, and I'm here to talk to you about Ridley.

Ridley would be the perfect 2nd Metroid Representative for Brawl, who else could we have? Dark Samus? I think not!

I know a lot of you say, "Oh Ridley is too big!" But that is not the case, Bowser for example, is massive in Super Mario Sunshine.

Another argument is, "Ridley Boss music means he is a boss!"

And that is where Norfair comes in.

Norfair is Ridley's lair, in which Ridley's theme, the Ridley Boss Music. Could be perfect at this level.

Besides, Kraid or Mother Brain could be bosses instead.

"He would be awkward."

And me fighting Snake won't?

Well, that's all the time I have today, and remember.

Ridley for Brawl!

Patinator

Smash Champion

Ridley would be the perfect 2nd Metroid Representative for Brawl, who else could we have? Dark Samus? I think not!

I know a lot of you say, "Oh Ridley is too big!" But that is not the case, Bowser for example, is massive in Super Mario Sunshine.

Norfair is Ridley's lair, in which Ridley's theme, the Ridley Boss Music. Could be perfect at this level.

"He would be awkward."

Ridley for Brawl!
That is just plain cool. Shuma, your pictures are really funny. Hand-drawn or computer art?

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
Thanks, I guess, but I don't find hitting them with sledgehammers (or anything) to even be worth the time or effort. :p

Wow. That other thread is made of a lot of fail. Oh well, the non believers will never change until he is confirmed... which in a perfect world would be tonight's update.
If we're lucky.

I apologized to the guy who made that lame "ultimate blah blah blah ultimate yadda yadda yadda" topic. Can you people believe it? I guess really he didn't deserve flames from so many people. He must not have known about the side argument. Meh.

And, um, regarding to my flame towards Blue Jay:

...Sorry to you too. You didn't REALLY deserve that. I just have a habit of overreacting. That said, you shoulda known you would've been flamed, bringing up "Ridley for boss only" in his PC thread. Sorry.

I AM SUCH A DANG PANSY/PACIFIST! :crying:
And all that my friends, is why you should think twice before flaming someone. Educating Ridley doubters in a nice way (about Ridley's size and what not) is usually a better way to go, though if they respond to flame with a flame post, then I guess it's okay to flame back :ohwell:, but never throw the first punch (or in this case, flame :p).

Okay guys.

Because of the utter depression I'm getting from Brawl, I am leaving the forums. Honestly, I needed this, because I need to catch up on life anywho.

I might visit once and a while like O D I N, but...

Thanks guys. You've been great.

Especially Gypsy.
Well, see you around, I guess. It's good to take a break from the Internet and do some off-site activity at least every now and then.

"He would be awkward."

Ridley for Brawl!
Um, I think my respect for Sonic just went up a lot. :chuckle: :p

RMR

Smash Apprentice
YAY FOR SONIC TALKING !

Now Samus Is doing some typing because she is too fancy to even talk

Samus Journal:

Day 1:I heard about some Massive Internet conspiration, Millions of Ridley Supporters are hoping for him to come to Brawl. Hopefully, It Won't happen

Day 10:My suspects where true, Ridley is confirmed to be In Brawl, A man called Masahiro Sakurai Bringed him here, Now there are more fans than ever, and they are very excited about him, 2 of his Fans, under the Alias Gyspsy Lee, and Colbusman, have founded a club.

Day 24:Im in my more dangerous mission so far, Since now I have lots of fanboys, they will try to make my suit fall off, making me a lot more vurnerable, I have little to no opportunity agaisnt Ridley

Day 60: Kraid and Mother Brain have been confirmed as bosses. Im not sure if I mst still continue with this mission, Since I have a Partner with the alias 'Solid Snake'. He is weird. He likes to stalk me.

10th February, 2008: I have now entered my Most dangerous Mission yet. I will Beat Ridley, My Blind Rage will Take care of That.

Could I survive long enough to still have that massive Fanservice and be a top tier Characther ?

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
Day 24:Im in my more dangerous mission so far, Since now I have lots of fanboys, they will try to make my suit fall off, making me a lot more vurnerable, I have little to no opportunity agaisnt Ridley

Day 60: Kraid and Mother Brain have been confirmed as bosses. Im not sure if I mst still continue with this mission, Since I have a Partner with the alias 'Solid Snake'. He is weird. He likes to stalk me.
:laugh:

10th February, 2008: I have now entered my Most dangerous Mission yet. I will Beat Ridley, My Blind Rage will Take care of That.
O RIDLY? Guess we'll have to wait and see...

Chepe

Smash Lord
Im not the one who came up with it, but I cannot stress how much I love this idea about playable Ridley:

People think he would be awkward right? Well, what if that was actually implemented into his playstyle? Someone said that perhaps Ridley could be a character thats bad to use on the ground, but be highly mobile in the air. I agree with the idea so much, he would be the opposite of Sonic kinda (according to E for All impressions). Ridley would indeed be awkward on the ground, moving clumsily and his attacks being rather laggy (he hardly attacks from the ground), but get him into the air and he would be at least as mobile as Melee Jigglypuff, probably faster.

Equip him with fast and comboing aerials that would essentially make him a character that needs to stay in the air to be effective, and there you go. That would be a perfect capture of Ridley, since in his games he never stays on the ground for long. And that make for quite a unique character, if it was implemented purposefully. Sakurai could mention this in his trophy and everything. The idea of a Ridley who needs to fight like he does in the boss battles from Metroid is just perfect to me...

Patinator

Smash Champion
Im not the one who came up with it, but I cannot stress how much I love this idea about playable Ridley:

People think he would be awkward right? Well, what if that was actually implemented into his playstyle? Someone said that perhaps Ridley could be a character thats bad to use on the ground, but be highly mobile in the air. I agree with the idea so much, he would be the opposite of Sonic kinda (according to E for All impressions). Ridley would indeed be awkward on the ground, moving clumsily and his attacks being rather laggy (he hardly attacks from the ground), but get him into the air and he would be at least as mobile as Melee Jigglypuff, probably faster.

Equip him with fast and comboing aerials that would essentially make him a character that needs to stay in the air to be effective, and there you go. That would be a perfect capture of Ridley, since in his games he never stays on the ground for long. And that make for quite a unique character, if it was implemented purposefully. Sakurai could mention this in his trophy and everything. The idea of a Ridley who needs to fight like he does in the boss battles from Metroid is just perfect to me...
Whether it's been brought up or not, PURE GENIUS! The exact opposite and counter of the "Ridley's too Weird on the Ground Keep him Outta Mah Brawl" argument! Say someone comes here and brings that crud up. Quote this. Post it. Instead of slamming them in the head with a "sledgehammer" as someone else had put it. :)

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
YA RIDLY ! It has never been different. Only Against Samus
Almost correct, but not quite.

Ridley's been the only character besides Dark Samus to best Samus in a fight (at least once). In the Super Metroid intro, Ridley was able to incapacitate Samus long enough to steal the infant Metroid and accomplish his mission (and since Samus didn't have all her usual power-ups when he fought her there, he probably could've finished her off and killed her, but chose not to because he felt it was more important to get off the Ceres Station before it blew up).

Zamus will be tail *****.
Heh. So true, I guess.

That would be a perfect capture of Ridley, since in his games he never stays on the ground for long.
Unless you count the Omega Ridley fight :p (in Prime 3).

But yeah. I see where you're going there. Although I'm not entirely sure I agree with the idea myself, it seems pretty well thought out, so eh, thanks for posting it I guess. :cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom