• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The -NEW- Florida 2011 Brawl Power Rankings! Updated 5/10/11!

Status
Not open for further replies.

AfroQT

Smash Master
No thats completely wrong Afro. Even you should know this. Theres a big competative scene for LoL. We havent even got there yet cause were not max lv yet. Just because you haven't seen the players in real life doesn't mean they don't exist.
For one, im sure there ARE tournaments for competitive LoL, but its not NEARLY as big as ANY fighting game scene. This isn't even arguable. And two, if the competitive scene requires you to be at "max lv", i doubt its very good. Sounds like the WoW competitive scene, which is ...yeah.

Exdeath

Smash Master
For one, im sure there ARE tournaments for competitive LoL, but its not NEARLY as big as ANY fighting game scene. This isn't even arguable. And two, if the competitive scene requires you to be at "max lv", i doubt its very good. Sounds like the WoW competitive scene, which is ...yeah.
As I read this post, I thought nearly the exact words of the sentence that would follow. I'm not sure if that means that I think like Afro or if I'm just that good at memorizing speech patterns.

MVD

Smash Master
I never said you were dropping brawl I was just saying what was on my mind after reading the recent posts

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
you can start something else, but just make sure to choose wisely if you are going to drop something to choose something else

if you were just going to play both LoL and Brawl competitively, i dont think he'd have any issues..just dropping one for the other is dumb

[FBC] ESAM

Smash Legend
Tripping debate leads to LoL debate. Nice work Tommy lol.

But yeah, practicing with no tripping is ****ING TERRIBLE! I don't think you guys realize, at least in my case, what tripping does to my characters. If there was no tripping, I would NEVER **** up CG's as Pikachu. I would also never **** up CG's as ICs since nana couldn't trip out of them.

You guys ***** and complain about the stupid character **** in this game like D3s CGs, other things regarding CGs, and a few others. Now...you want us to take tripping out, something that STOPS those things sometimes? Sweet, I'll just sit back until people complain about characters like D3 and ICs never ****ing up CGs and want tripping back on. Dumb ****s.

Toneh

Smash Lord

But yeah, practicing with no tripping is ****ING TERRIBLE! I don't think you guys realize, at least in my case, what tripping does to my characters. If there was no tripping, I would NEVER **** up CG's as Pikachu. I would also never **** up CG's as ICs since nana couldn't trip out of them.
What about tripping into a pika CG/Kill move, or tripping into an IC grab? Thats alot worse bc its completely random.

Besides tripping into kill moves, practicing with tripping just holds you back from good practice.
Any character going for a good combo, trips.
Falco goes for an U-smash on MK-> trips.
MK goes for a gimp -> trips.
IC's practicing their CG's, trip.
Shiek goes for a grab-release dacus -> trips.
ZSS sets up a d-smash combo/kill -> trips.
Diddy doing a naner lock (which are kind of hard to set up), trips.
List goes on.

I guess it'll be just CFL then. We got this.

DFEAR

Smash Hero
1. its a players fault for getting grabbed 2. they deserve the full extent of punishment without remorse

Xaltis

Smash Hero
The game is competitive from lv 1. Just being max lv gives you little boosts to make you better which is why I said that. Idk why you think its not good. Oh wait nvm I forgot in this community every single game to exist is bad. XD

OverLade

Smash Hero

You guys ***** and complain about the stupid character **** in this game like D3s CGs, other things regarding CGs, and a few others. Now...you want us to take tripping out, something that STOPS those things sometimes? Sweet, I'll just sit back until people complain about characters like D3 and ICs never ****ing up CGs and want tripping back on. Dumb ****s.
I agree completely.

If yall wanna play with no tripping that's on you. But I think it should be left on.

Snipa4800

Smash Lord
I don't really care , but Afro you really shouldn't argue about things you know nothing about...Did you know the season 1 championship had over 2,000 competitors and streamed to over 150,000 viewers?

Exdeath

Smash Master

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CmAuqE8Yh3I&t=6m5s

AfroQT

Smash Master
The game is competitive from lv 1. Just being max lv gives you little boosts to make you better which is why I said that. Idk why you think its not good. Oh wait nvm I forgot in this community every single game to exist is bad. XD
Never once said the game was bad, as usual, your reading comprehension is terrible.

And snipa thats one of the only tournaments for the game. I never said the scene didn't exist rofl, its just definitely not as big as the fighting game scene. And there aren't as many tournaments. You'd have to rely mostly on online tournaments unless you planned on traveling for it (which i doubt). And im sure there are no shortage of online tournaments tbh. But i just don't see that comparing to the amount of players and offline tournaments that fighting game scenes have. BASICALLY im saying that if you were to decide to take LoL serious over brawl (which you've both said you aren't doing so the point is mute anyway) there would be pretty much no tournament scene for you to attend. Unless you planned on spending alot of money to travel a two or 3 times a year.

AfroQT

Smash Master
I can tell you were thinking its bad. XD
Except i don't think its bad, i think its a remake of an old game. Because it is. There's nothing wrong about the game at all, and the only reason i don't play it is i have no real interest in playing another Dota-like game.

And as for tripping, i've rarely ever seen ice climbers or d3 trip while CGing. What i have seen is many people (including myself) trip into those cgs, or other kills, costing them the game which can cost them the tournament. Trying to defend tripping, in all honesty, is just stupid. Random Factors in competitive games that can have such a powerful effect on the outcome of the game are bad. Deal with it.

Xaltis

Smash Hero
Except i don't think its bad, i think its a remake of an old game. Because it is. There's nothing wrong about the game at all, and the only reason i don't play it is i have no real interest in playing another Dota-like game.

And as for tripping, i've rarely ever seen ice climbers or d3 trip while CGing. What i have seen is many people (including myself) trip into those cgs, or other kills, costing them the game which can cost them the tournament. Trying to defend tripping, in all honesty, is just stupid. Random Factors in competitive games that can have such a powerful effect on the outcome of the game are bad. Deal with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom