• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The -NEW- Florida 2011 Brawl Power Rankings! Updated 5/10/11!

Status
Not open for further replies.

SAX

Smash Ace
We include results from all tournaments in our calculations, as long as they have a prize and they use the Unity Ruleset (small variations may be acceptable, such as adding/removing a stage. ie: removing Pictochat).

@tommy G: So I'm guessing that since the lgl change you gave would still count towards the PR, seeing as the change is so minute.

That's what is posted in the first post.
So I'm guessing this is what should be followed. If otronicon was counted, it shouldn't have been.

Exdeath

Smash Master
yeah but when you have rules that literally tell you to dumb down your play style in order to win that is literally against competitive nature and defeats the purpose of the tourney rofl.
As 2link said, Otronicon sets a precedent. If even one person wants it to count for the PR, it counts.

No.

Tournaments only don't count if the rules aren't in line with the Unity Ruleset.

It's all in the first post, guys.
Oh the hypocrisy.

2-DJeff

Smash Master
yea dude im pretty sure me and ryo played GF in dubz at warioware and im pretty sure in singles i got CP to spearpilliar and 75m also mario bros.

Toneh

Smash Lord
Last PR it was said rules didn't matter. As long as everyone entered knowing what the rules were and there was a prize at the end. Unless you guys are changing it around now.
Everyone who entered the tournament did so knowing full well what the rules of the tournament were, yet continued to partake. The tournaments should count. The players who don't like it shouldn't have entered.
^
Not saying I agree

Masky

Smash Master
Oh the hypocrisy.
What?

It did? I saw people going places like warioware and hanenbow...
That's because they agreed between the players to play on those stages. It's common to see rules at tournaments stating that if both players agree that they can play on banned stages. The actual rules for the tournament were standard rules, there was even a Smashboards thread that stated these rules.

Last PR it was said rules didn't matter. As long as everyone entered knowing what the rules were and there was a prize at the end. Unless you guys are changing it around now.
No, that's not what was said. There was never any question about rules for Otronicon since the rules were completely standard. The only question about Otronicon was if we were going to exclude it because some CFL was whining.

Toneh

Smash Lord
No, that's not what was said. There was never any question about rules for Otronicon since the rules were completely standard. The only question about Otronicon was if we were going to exclude it because some CFL was whining.
Not sure if it was about otronicon, just remember it being thrown out there

Tommy_G

Smash Champion
@tommy G: So I'm guessing that since the lgl change you gave would still count towards the PR, seeing as the change is so minute.
There is no precedent other than "if it's not the Unity ruleset, then it doesn't count." My example would not count towards the PR if that was the rule since technically it is not the Unity Ruleset.

Even then, if they change it to "the change must be major" there will be people who argue the definition of major changes, for example, taking FD out of the neutral stages. Some people will think it's a major change while others won't.

The rule where "if the players enter knowing full well what the rules are and continue to participate, then it counts to the PR" is a good standard and isn't subject to individual judgment bias. They could simply not enter if they don't like it.

Tommy_G

Smash Champion
CPR1 set a precedent against that. :bee:
OP said:
We include results from all tournaments in our calculations, as long as they have a prize and they use the Unity Ruleset (small variations may be acceptable, such as adding/removing a stage. ie: removing Pictochat).
XD

The tournament where that Bowser girl got 3rd should count because they did use the Unity ruleset and only had small variations.

Exdeath

Smash Master
XD

The tournament where that Bowser girl got 3rd should count because they did use the Unity ruleset and only had small variations.
CPR1 didn't come close to using Unity. Some chain grabs were banned and Corneria/other questionable stages were legal. I believe that it was used for the PR. This is -- of course- in line with your
otherwise motivated
assertion that all tournaments should count toward the PR. Chaz for #3.

Sensei Seibrik

Smash Hero
OP said changes SUCH AS changing a stage.

not changing the way the games are played completely. rule changes affecting the actual GAME play of the games should not be considered close to unity, and as such the tourny should not count. its a direct violation of the original rule in the OP of this thread.

Exdeath

Smash Master

not changing the way the games are played completely. rule changes affecting the actual GAME play of the games should not be considered close to unity, and as such the tourny should not count. its a direct violation of the original rule in the OP of this thread.
That was my point. That also opens up the door for whether or not truly laggy televisions (bad television/improper cables/etc.) are applicable since they change the controller-side of the way that the game operates in practice.

Tommy_G

Smash Champion

So, my example of the ledge grab changes would not count for the PRs, since of course its not just a simple stage change.

Or what if I banned FD and SV? Would that be close enough, or too out of line for the PRs? It is a simple stage change.

Masky

Smash Master
CPR1 didn't come close to using Unity. Some chain grabs were banned and Corneria/other questionable stages were legal. I believe that it was used for the PR. This is -- of course- in line with your
otherwise motivated
assertion that all tournaments should count toward the PR. Chaz for #3.
CPR was not used for the PRs because its rules were drastically different (no CGs, no ICs CG, wacky stages, etc)

DFEAR

Smash Hero
i think we should re discuss the MAJOR issues of separating the pr into two divisions of SFL and CFL

VSC.D-Torr

Smash Hero
Yes that tourney with the smashballs would count unless everyone agreed before the bracketing started that results would not be counted towards the PR. Thats the only way for results not to be counted. This has been specified and argued over in the past and thats what EVERYONE agreed upon. Ask anyone in SFL and people like dtorr. Thy will tell you exactly what they told me. "tough luck, tourney counts'".
Don't put my name in your mouth ever again if you're gonna libel me.

When I say things happen, I only say it because that's how the system works as flawed as it is.

I'm against it, but I have no power so I explain the outcome of situations like this because that's how it is.

You probably don't remember, I didn't want my "win" vs Seibrik to count but because of the system, they had to count it. It is what it is. During the whole LOLtronicon scandal, I was saying it shouldn't count too, but I'm able to see different viewpoints to understand where people come from. Me being a devil's advocate to situations like this gives you no right to libel me like that.

All I do is explain how this flawed system works to show the reasoning behind it.

gallax

Smash Hero
Libel and slander, one is written and one spoken. LIES!!!!

Edit: Hypocrites have flooded the PR thread. Everyone run for your lives!!!

VSC.D-Torr

Smash Hero
I'm just taken back by how you group me with them like that. The PR before the latest one, I guessed that HRNut would be ranked low and I was right. The reason being was only the fact that HRNut was punished for something out if his control (him being the only CFL PR member so he gained nothing from winning and risked a lot for losing). I told Nick that it was unfair and I agreed with how he felt but I showed him the SFL point of view.

Same with you. You should've been on the PR in my opinion because of your consistency at the top of CFL coupled with your good wins against Seibrik and MVD. However, they saw something that said you're not PR, so I tried to explain it to you from their viewpoint.

Exdeath

Smash Master
Don't put my name in your mouth ever again if you're gonna libel me.

When I say things happen, I only say it because that's how the system works as flawed as it is.

I'm against it, but I have no power so I explain the outcome of situations like this because that's how it is.

You probably don't remember, I didn't want my "win" vs Seibrik to count but because of the system, they had to count it. It is what it is. During the whole LOLtronicon scandal, I was saying it shouldn't count too, but I'm able to see different viewpoints to understand where people come from. Me being a devil's advocate to situations like this gives you no right to libel me like that.

All I do is explain how this flawed system works to show the reasoning behind it.
TBH it's difficult to tell when you are stating your own opinion and when you are trying to explain someone else's viewpoint. That's why I thought that you were pro-tripping until you set me straight. Now the only people who I can think of being against no-tripping as a standard are Masky and ESAM.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom