• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The -NEW- Florida 2011 Brawl Power Rankings! Updated 5/10/11!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sensei Seibrik

Smash Hero
yeah, the "pro" tourny actually had unity ruleset, and a horrible host who seeded us through picking numbers from a hat lol

the casual tourny had all these rules

some listing as

no camping
no ledgehogging
no spamming a move (four times or more)

no using any tactic that might make the game unfair (lol mk)

yeah

DewDaDash

Smash Lord
lol the tourney was a joke xD

I split with ****** 42$, 21$ each. Single elimination. I forfeited to ****** in finals, split, then ran to buy a pvc figure :)

I wasnt able to chaingrab with ddd btw according to their "rules", even when I did it to 2 d-grabs to a back throw that was considered unfair. Solution? Pick metaknight and apparently that was fair.

DewDaDash

Smash Lord
Besides for the tourney, metrocon was legit.

I blew 200$ on pvc figures,
Raved,
Took some amazing pics (I couldn't find a kirino :mad:)
And my cosplay was $5
Xaltis asking for MM's and declining when I raised my hand.... priceless :)

DFEAR

Smash Hero
haha owned forever and forever no comback available, get wreckd, obliterated and other forms of abolishment

Tommy_G

Smash Champion
haha owned forever and forever no comback available, get wreckd, obliterated and other forms of abolishment
I love how you correctly spelled obliterated and abolishment but misspelled comeback and wrecked as well as ignoring all of the improper grammar throughout the sentence.

DFEAR

Smash Hero
I love how you correctly spelled obliterated and abolishment but misspelled comeback and wrecked as well as ignoring all of the improper grammar throughout the sentence.
Damn I got wrekd and im a *** dumpster = (

OverLade

Smash Hero
If Tampa has a car going. I'll be there. This time I won't enter barwlz so I can con with you guys. All your pics looked so epic lol.

[FBC] Papa Mink

Smash Legend
NNID
PapaMink
Hey tampa.

me and my friends from back home will be going to Ybor the night of the 5th and the night of the 6th.

If you guys wanna come clubbing with us we're going to a goth rave on saturday night
and we're going to a regular club on fri night.

Gettin' *****es.

OverLade

Smash Hero
That definitely sounds pretty hype. Tong is throwing a party on July 3rd as well. I dunno about everyone else but Im DEF down to get on that train :)

B_AWAL

Smash Master
Wait....

No1 noticed that a Bowser chick got 3rd??? & SheikSSBM got 4th OVER REDHAL??? EXCUSE ME SIR!?!?!?!?!

:sonic:

OverLade

Smash Hero
The casual tournament shouldn't count are you guys crazy? Rules such as no ledgehogging? It's not a matter of two players agreeing, he literally ENFORCED these rules (vaguely obviously, but still enforced them)...

Master Raven

Smash Master
I say don't count any tourney that enforces rules that are blatantly out of line with a typical competitive ruleset. It's one thing to count a tourney with ****ty seeding, laggy TVs, unorthodox modifications of the rules (e.g. grand finals is played out in one set even if someone from loser's bracket wins) etc. but to enforce things like no CGs, no edgehogs, items on, Spear Pillar legal, etc. modifies the competitive aspects way too much to make it credible.

gallax

Smash Hero
I say don't count any tourney that enforces rules that are blatantly out of line with a typical competitive ruleset. It's one thing to count a tourney with ****ty seeding, laggy TVs, unorthodox modifications of the rules (e.g. grand finals is played out in one set even if someone from loser's bracket wins) etc. but to enforce things like no CGs, no edgehogs, items on, Spear Pillar legal, etc. modifies the competitive aspects way too much to make it credible.
This ability to separate tourneys like you just did here is entirely opinionated and the tourney should count. Rule changes are just that, rule changes. Everyone showed up and entered under the same rules with the same implications of getting something for winning.

DewDaDash

Smash Lord
So.... tourneys with items and smashballs should count too, right gallax? ;)

whether the "pro" tourney should count is up to u guys. The scrub tourney shouldn't really count. Tvs were extremely laggy and even when I tried agreeing to a unity ruleset with ****** in GF, the TO disrupted our striking method and we were forced to go to scrubville. Any tourney that is significantly different than the unity ruleset shouldn't count. I mean... I couldn't even chaingrab rofl.

When you have to hold back in your ability to wreck someone in fear that what ur doing would be considered cheap and get you banned such as up-air 3-4 times in a row to up-b or nado --> and change it to 2 upairs to up-b with no nados at all in gameplay instead, then yeah it shouldn't count >_>

gallax

Smash Hero
Yes that tourney with the smashballs would count unless everyone agreed before the bracketing started that results would not be counted towards the PR. Thats the only way for results not to be counted. This has been specified and argued over in the past and thats what EVERYONE agreed upon. Ask anyone in SFL and people like dtorr. Thy will tell you exactly what they told me. "tough luck, tourney counts'".

DewDaDash

Smash Lord
yeah but when you have rules that literally tell you to dumb down your play style in order to win that is literally against competitive nature and defeats the purpose of the tourney rofl.

Two-Ell

Smash Master
hahaha, Gallax is basically spitting out(no offense meant by this phrase) what the panelists told him when he and a majority of other people didn't want Otronicon to count.

unfortunately, you're gonna have to face them on that Dew. The precendent was set with Otronicon.

:rosalina:

DewDaDash

Smash Lord
So wait.. my loss to ****** in grand finals counts even though I literally was whispering to him what moves he should pull out so that i could shuttle loop into his nair and die to speed things up? Or would it not count becuz it was a split?

lol w/e. Either way im happier with my mio k-on figure rather than knowing that it could've sold out b4 i was able to get to it due to a ranking match.

So worth it http://news.monsterlittle.com/wp-co...9-Alter-Akiyama-Mio-School-Festival-Ver-2.jpg =)

edit: oh yeah inb4 yellow cards XD

DewDaDash

Smash Lord
do it on july 16th (my 21st birthday)... we can get crunk, HOLY SMASH PART 2
(if that's allowed in your house lol)
hmm i missed this post awhile back. I might have to hold this tourney for masky now ;). I'll see what I can do, my cousin has his birthday on that same week so i have to see if he's planning anything on that saturday or not.

Masky

Smash Master
Tourneys count unless everyone who entered agreed that the results shouldnt count.
No.

Tournaments only don't count if the rules aren't in line with the Unity Ruleset.

It's all in the first post, guys.

Tommy_G

Smash Champion
So wait.. my loss to ****** in grand finals counts even though I literally was whispering to him what moves he should pull out so that i could shuttle loop into his nair and die to speed things up? Or would it not count becuz it was a split?

lol w/e. Either way im happier with my mio k-on figure rather than knowing that it could've sold out b4 i was able to get to it due to a ranking match.

So worth it http://news.monsterlittle.com/wp-co...9-Alter-Akiyama-Mio-School-Festival-Ver-2.jpg =)

edit: oh yeah inb4 yellow cards XD
You should both get a loss to each other and be disqualified out of the tournament for placing since you both are technically cheating.

Everyone who entered the tournament did so knowing full well what the rules of the tournament were, yet continued to partake. The tournaments should count. The players who don't like it shouldn't have entered.

No.

Tournaments only don't count if the rules aren't in line with the Unity Ruleset.

It's all in the first post, guys.
Let's say I hold a tournament with a LGL for MK at 30 and 40 all other characters. According to this, my tournament should not count for or against the PRs...right?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom