• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The -NEW- Florida 2011 Brawl Power Rankings! Updated 5/10/11!

Status
Not open for further replies.

B_AWAL

Smash Master
Neither match should count...

HrNut and Mero said they were playin a BS match...

Seibrik and D-torr were playing a match that was to help D-torr get into the tourney...

as far as HrNuts tourney is concerned

It should count

But w/e U guys run the PR

Jus dont put Seibrik above Red...

Red beat Brik in the head 2 head and just like in ANYTHING ELSE the head 2 head matters

If there is a problem... Beat the snot out of whoever is ranked HIGHER than you

[FBC] Papa Mink

Smash Legend
NNID
PapaMink
Money?
Winning?
Fun?
Friends?

I guess the meaningless ranking system of how you're placed in your state would be a good single thing to play this game for.

:awesome:

DFEAR

Smash Hero
Money?
Winning?
Fun?
Friends?

I guess the meaningless ranking system of how you're placed in your state would be a good single thing to play this game for.

:awesome:
take away the things ive crossed and you got the street fighter community. well while smashers go out to eat and stuff after a long day at a tournament, the sf community goes to damn strip clubs like scarlets or big bubba's. they're a more mature community in the sense of age maturity at least :s so a clear difference is indicated there.

what do we hold important to us AS SMASHERS compared to the other communities?

what do we have that is unique to us?

what is important to you?

Kuro~

Nitoryu Kuro
Neither match should count...

HrNut and Mero said they were playin a BS match...

Seibrik and D-torr were playing a match that was to help D-torr get into the tourney...

as far as HrNuts tourney is concerned

It should count

But w/e U guys run the PR

Jus dont put Seibrik above Red...

Red beat Brik in the head 2 head and just like in ANYTHING ELSE the head 2 head matters

If there is a problem... Beat the snot out of whoever is ranked HIGHER than you
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^yup

gallax

Smash Hero
Haha. This is great. Seibs losing to dtorr in pools with his ganon. Dtorr now has a wins over seibs lol. Hrnut getting the dyck that i got about otronicon and now having to argue that his tourneys wont count because of his after i stated earlier how otronicon shouldnt count because of the dumb rules either. Haha.

@hrnut-you will lost no matter what. people dont want to make and exception to anything

@dtorr-you should be on the pr now

@everyone- i dont care whether or not money was on the line, it was for dtorr. they both knew the match counted, as for agreement to not have chibo make it out of pools. its a set that counted no matter what. if mine vs ryo counts and against dho? then count seibs vs dtorr. a win is a win.

And i vote for hrnuts tourney to not count unless both players agree that the results of their match count before the set starts *inserts troll face here*

OverLade

Smash Hero
SMH. This thread is so dumb now.

A couple things. Nick I'm never going to one of your tourneys :glare: I barely get out to enough tourneys as it is and half of the ones hosted in Orlando now (Gallaxfest and CPR) won't count for the PR...

TBH Nick I think your set vs Mero should count, not because I want to be second on the PR, but because SOOOOO many other people have been screwed super hard. In Tampa tournaments I've lost a set to Ed with Jiggs (though I came back and made it 1-1 and think I had a positive record vs him that period anyway) and I've nearly lost to Mic and my brother using Wario.

If I lose a set with my Snake does it mean it shouldn't count because I could have CP'd MK on brinstar and timed them out? If me and Gnes had agreed to play game 3 on Hanenbow at WHOBO would it not have counted? For the sake of consistency we should draw the line at the last PR period and THEN come up with some **** that'll mitigate this problem at future tourneys.

I like Gallax's idea of sets that arent affected by the ruleset counting. I'd rather just agree to sets vs my Snake/Falco counting if MK is banned then not get any PR points whatsoever just because I can't use my main...

AfroQT

Smash Master
holy **** some of you are making this way more complicated than it needs to be LOL
Dude i ****ing know, this wouldnt of been hard 3 years ago. The amount of *****ing and just general complaints over completely random stupid **** has made me lose respect for so many people.

Seriously you all need to man the **** up and just take responsibility for your own actions. Hrnut you went to a tournament, you sandbagged, you lost, get the **** over it. Hrnut you probably could of WON the tournament, what type of ****in decision was it to just...not rofl. I don't care what the ruleset was, it could of literally been 100% items 100% stages 10 handicap zero attacks all smashballs assist trophies only on event 51. You paid money to enter, if it was so bad you cant stand it you just shouldnt of even entered. You would have more of an argument if the TO just failed to enforce the rules, as opposed to "both players agreed on doing this instead".

Seibrik i don't know why you would purposely lose against Dtorr in tournament. For one, thats cheating, and secondly, the whole purpose of the tournament is to test your skill versus your opponents. If dtorr wasn't good enough to beat you, then he doesn't deserve the win straight up. Now we don't know what would of happened, we can all sit here and say "oh yeah Seibrik would of won easy", but the reality of it is we don't know what would of happened had they of played seriously, upsets can happen, and well it could of happened there. You both can even agree that Seibrik would of won, that doesn't change that D-torr COULD of won, and since this directly effects Redhalberd on the PR, its just unfair to him if we just conclude oh yeah Seibrik won or it shouldn't be counted just because (when its cheating in the first place rofl).

The community has changed so much over the years i've been in it, i know i've said that alot, but its so true rofl.

Hrnut as for why your tournaments won't count, just please use the unity ruleset. Everyone is pretty much being forced to use it. It will be at all Zp tournaments, Clubhouse tournaments, any Nationals you go to, honestly your tournaments probably will count (infact no they definitely will) if you just use the Unity ruleset.

HRNUT (Honey Roasted)

Smash Master
I'm not altering my rules for nothing

Otronicons rules were jacked up and it counts so should mine

Like I already posted it doesn't matter what I say the decision has been made prior and you might as well take me off the PRs then.

I'm sure you guys are still missing data, because does anyone know that I beat mero last season?? Nope everyone is more focused on my loss at a tournament not using the same ruleset as posted on the thread.

You guys are counting dtorrs win over seibs to make it out of pools lol...I hope to God that no one from Fl ever meets me in pools OoS because I will make sure unless you are Gdx, kyon, dtorr, jeff, solo, trump, ryder, mampam, mink, that I will not give you the win, in fact I'll actually try just to make sure you wasted 200+ dollars to come to a tournament and not get out of pools because of this.

You guys are ridiculous counting that...PRs are crazy biased regardless of what is being said.

Also what I'm hearing is that if I post one ruleset on my tournament thread but then change it at the actual tournament then it should count...I can do that & it should be counted

Otronicon did so can I, its really that simple. If I enforce other rules it doesn't matter as long as what I posted was legit, doesn't matter what it is in actuality

@Halberd

You know what's dumb about not attending my tournament, the rules didn't affect most sets between players, no one went anywhere ridiculous, nothing changed literally nothing

:phone:

gallax

Smash Hero

Like I already posted it doesn't matter what I say the decision has been made prior and you might as well take me off the PRs then.

I'm sure you guys are still missing data, because does anyone know that I beat mero last season?? Nope everyone is more focused on my loss at a tournament not using the same ruleset as posted on the thread.

You guys are counting dtorrs win over seibs to make it out of pools lol...I hope to God that no one from Fl ever meets me in pools OoS because I will make sure unless you are Gdx, kyon, dtorr, jeff, solo, trump, ryder, mampam, mink, that I will not give you the win, in fact I'll actually try just to make sure you wasted 200+ dollars to come to a tournament and not get out of pools because of this.

You guys are ridiculous counting that...PRs are crazy biased regardless of what is being said.

Dont forget about me, radix, grab, gindler, and raz.

AfroQT

Smash Master

Also what I'm hearing is that if I post one ruleset on my tournament thread but then change it at the actual tournament then it should count...I can do that & it should be counted

Otronicon did so can I, its really that simple. If I enforce other rules it doesn't matter as long as what I posted was legit, doesn't matter what it is in actuality

@Halberd

You know what's dumb about not attending my tournament, the rules didn't affect most sets between players, no one went anywhere ridiculous, nothing changed literally nothing

Dude we want ALL the info fromt he tournaments, YOU ARE WITHHOLDING IT, no one is focusing on your losses, if you would come forward with all the information we will use it all. NO ONE IS AGAINST YOU, hrnut you are just being ****ing ********.

I would never give someone the win OoS, EVER. I wouldn't want anyone to do it for me either, even as my very last match to get out of a pool. You either deserve to get out of pools or you don't. Throwing a match to someone just so they can get out of a pool is cheating, and just disrespectful to other competitors as well as it being a dishonor to competitive play period.

If some of your tournaments from last pr season weren't counted..i'm not sure why. If you mean this current (new) pr season, it's because of the unity ruleset for the third time. Otronicon was before the unity ruleset was out. Unless you are refering to a tournament i'm not aware of.

I didn't compile the data from the tournaments, i just looked at it, Masky/Seibz/Snipa got all the data together.

Tommy_G

Smash Champion
If the PRs are gone then I quit smash. Nothing to look forward too.
I'm going to call out a complete bluff on this one.

This is the kind of attitude that irritates me. Tournament results mean nothing anymore. When was the last time someone upset people and placed high and actually got the credit they deserved without the "oh well I hope they can keep it up so they can get on the PRs"?
That's just BS. They did well. They should be given the benefits of the praise from winning.

Winning tournaments should be the ultimate goal for players, not making it onto some biased list of people with something to prove to themselves.

AfroQT

Smash Master

This is the kind of attitude that irritates me. Tournament results mean nothing anymore. When was the last time someone upset people and placed high and actually got the credit they deserved without the "oh well I hope they can keep it up so they can get on the PRs"?
That's just BS. They did well. They should be given the benefits of the praise from winning.

Winning tournaments should be the ultimate goal for players, not making it onto some biased list of people with something to prove to themselves.
Rofl Tommy i agree with this so much, i don't mind the PRs however. It's just a way to represent whos winning, some people want to make their way up the PR. I don't blame them for that, the ultimate goal should be winning though. Atleast imo.

gallax

Smash Hero
Rofl Tommy i agree with this so much, i don't mind the PRs however. It's just a way to represent whos winning, some people want to make their way up the PR. I don't blame them for that, the ultimate goal should be winning though. Atleast imo.
If this was the case then id be on it and so would ryo. We consistently show high level of play with very few inconsistencies.

Xaltis

Smash Hero

Seibrik or ESAM will always win the tourney. So the only other thing to look forward other than (hanging out with friends and having fun) is getting on the PR.

AfroQT

Smash Master

Seibrik or ESAM will always win the tourney. So the only other thing to look forward other than (hanging out with friends and having fun) is getting on the PR.
Rofl...this post ****in saddened the **** out of me. **** really has changed.

[FBC] Papa Mink

Smash Legend
NNID
PapaMink
Is this really happening?
Why don't you make a top 15.

Sigh.
You crazy people.
Do something else with your life besides smash. Haha. Thats why i play guitar.
*thumbs up*

B_AWAL

Smash Master
U guys DONT want to count HrNUTs TOURNEYS... a whole **** ton of matches where people legit played their hearts out...

But you want 2 count 2 matches where the results were literally skewed

D-torr doesn't really want it 2 count
Brik is only making it count to be "Fair" but its not fair because Brik on lost to help out a fellow FL smasher. **** I would do the same thing 4 any of you! U think If I had a chance to help any of you out of pools and rep FL in the bracket hell to the **** yeah on GOD green earth I'd do anything I ****ing could!!! If Seibrik is punished for helped D-torr out then you all are full of **** and dumb as **** for allowing that when we all know brik threew the match to help D-torr. Not because he didnt think he would win...

THEN as far as HrNut vs Mero is concerned... If I play Xaltis and we decide to go double sonic and Xaltis and I agree that it wont count towards the PR because we are settling our grude match & I win (Which I WILL :-p <3333) it wont make any sense for him to be punished by that because thats what WE agreed to.

Its not like Hrnut and Mero all of the sudden said "Hey lets make the match NOT count because HrNut is gona e ranked lower" no the BEEN said that the match wasn't gonna count towards the PR's. The only ppl who mattered that had matches that should count are GDX and RYO.

& THEN

Ppl wanna exclude full tourneys??? FULL ****ING TOURNEYS!?!?!?! ARE YOU KIDDING ME??? MAN **** THE UNITY RULESET IF I WANNA PLAY WITH MY OWN RULES THEN **** IT IF YOU DONT LIKE EM DONT COME BUT WHO IS TO SAY THAT YOU CANT ALLOW MY TOURNEY TO BE VALID WITH MY OWN RULES!?!??!?!

Some of you ppl seriously overlook things...

gallax

Smash Hero
U guys DONT want to count HrNUTs TOURNEYS... a whole **** ton of matches where people legit played their hearts out...

But you want 2 count 2 matches where the results were literally skewed

D-torr doesn't really want it 2 count
Brik is only making it count to be "Fair" but its not fair because Brik on lost to help out a fellow FL smasher. **** I would do the same thing 4 any of you! U think If I had a chance to help any of you out of pools and rep FL in the bracket hell to the **** yeah on GOD green earth I'd do anything I ****ing could!!! If Seibrik is punished for helped D-torr out then you all are full of **** and dumb as **** for allowing that when we all know brik threew the match to help D-torr. Not because he didnt think he would win...

THEN as far as HrNut vs Mero is concerned... If I play Xaltis and we decide to go double sonic and Xaltis and I agree that it wont count towards the PR because we are settling our grude match & I win (Which I WILL :-p <3333) it wont make any sense for him to be punished by that because thats what WE agreed to.

Its not like Hrnut and Mero all of the sudden said "Hey lets make the match NOT count because HrNut is gona e ranked lower" no the BEEN said that the match wasn't gonna count towards the PR's. The only ppl who mattered that had matches that should count are GDX and RYO.

& THEN

Ppl wanna exclude full tourneys??? FULL ****ING TOURNEYS!?!?!?! ARE YOU KIDDING ME??? MAN **** THE UNITY RULESET IF I WANNA PLAY WITH MY OWN RULES THEN **** IT IF YOU DONT LIKE EM DONT COME BUT WHO IS TO SAY THAT YOU CANT ALLOW MY TOURNEY TO BE VALID WITH MY OWN RULES!?!??!?!

Some of you ppl seriously overlook things...
Awal makes sense. Common sense is all over this post.

Tommy_G

Smash Champion
Wow..... yeah

I mentioned to Dfear that the PRs just revalidate the top players as what they are, top players. It lets all of them keep a power role in the mind of the players and widens the gap between them and new, good players. It takes the new player's mindset from a "they're good but I can beat them" to a "they're ridiculously untouchable." It's a huge psychological factor during matches even if it's subconscious.

Dfear is probably going to troll me and say he never remembers hearing me say this. I'm pretty sure I said it on here before, but I'm not looking back 400+ pages.

Shaky has upset both Seibrik and ESAM before. It can happen. Saying that no one will ever be good enough to surpass them is just disappointing.

AfroQT

Smash Master
Rofl yeah man Bawal posted MAD LOGIC
I mean hell if xaltis and bawal meet in tournament and they decide to do some completely random *** grudge match to handle their stupid *** sonic egos, of COURSE it shouldn't count for the PR. What sense would that make? Why would we treat tournament sets seriously?

You know what, i dont even want to argue about it anymore. You all win, i dont care. Otronicon wont count, none of it. Whatever. Neither will Dtorrs win over Seibrik. HRnut ignore the PM i just sent you.

When Masky/SEibrik gets on i will inform them. Everyones happy now.

B_AWAL

Smash Master
@Afro learn 2 grasp what the heck I'm saying instead of being so busy abusing the word "********" like thats the only witty insult you can come up with.

The whole concept is that if 2 players wanna play a bull**** match and not count it towards the PR it should be recognized that way...

Seibrik and D-Torr should be an exception because Brik was tryina Help D-Torr out

In the future I would encourage the latter because I'd rather have us as FL player support each other at nationals because only FL players will "KNOW WHATS GOING ON"

Me vs Xaltis was merely an example...

U just read to much into it... Please stop walking into Ike's Forward smash its embarrassing.

U read to much into what people say and you keep missing the point of their arguments and then you turn around say their annoying and miss their concepts as a whole...

But you can "give up" if you want... If I were you I'd just man up and admit I was wrong or at least take the time out to comprehending what other people are saying.

gallax

Smash Hero
Splitting can be done with a number a ways:

1) Split but one player gets the win( This happens when they give up a spot) and gets the higher ranking.

2) Split in GF's but both players decide to each take a win against the other(which means a loss also)

3) Nothing is gained

And if you have to leave to emergencies or you are plain not feeling well and have to leave then your losses are forfeits of emergencies, which should not be counted.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom