• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The -NEW- Florida 2011 Brawl Power Rankings! Updated 5/10/11!

Status
Not open for further replies.

gallax

Smash Hero
What we need to do is come out with a standard rule set defining how and when matches are going to count for the PR's. Simple as that. Actually, let me go ahead and work on something.

AfroQT

Smash Master
@Afro learn 2 grasp what the heck I'm saying instead of being so busy abusing the word "********" like thats the only witty insult you can come up with.

The whole concept is that if 2 players wanna play a bull**** match and not count it towards the PR it should be recognized that way...

Seibrik and D-Torr should be an exception because Brik was tryina Help D-Torr out

In the future I would encourage the latter because I'd rather have us as FL player support each other at nationals because only FL players will "KNOW WHATS GOING ON"

Me vs Xaltis was merely an example...

U just read to much into it... Please stop walking into Ike's Forward smash its embarrassing.

U read to much into what people say and you keep missing the point of their arguments and then you turn around say their annoying and miss their concepts as a whole...

But you can "give up" if you want... If I were you I'd just man up and admit I was wrong or at least take the time out to comprehending what other people are saying.
Rofl, dude you are exactly like Xaltis, you literally are not worth arguing with.
I'm not trying to be witty, and by give up, i meant im not reading anymore of these ******** posts.

Like the one i just quoted.

[FBC] Papa Mink

Smash Legend
NNID
PapaMink
So.
Why don't we create a Florida Ruleset.
That way... we can have standards for FL... since not everyone agrees with Unity.
Or are we sticking to Unity because thats the way it's going to be.

Don't hate on me, i was jw.

B_AWAL

Smash Master
Can I get on these? :)
come 2 a **** load of FL tourneys starting at this 1

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=301684

Wait... Aint you #1 in NC???

Greedy *****!!!

@Afro Stop being a lil ***** lol grow some nuts and learn how to have an intellectual debate

& I had WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY much more respect for you man I personally thought you was da ****

Edit: Not that you lost my respect or anything I'm jus upset that your not even tryina grasp what every1 says

gallax

Smash Hero
We need to have a standard for FL tourneys in order for matches to be taken into account. This would solve everything. Post it in the OP of the PR thread and then if there are any discrepancies just be like "read the OP. thats what it says and its been there and you took an oath to follow it by wanting your name to be considered for the PR."

AfroQT

Smash Master
come 2 a **** load of FL tourneys starting at this 1

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=301684

Wait... Aint you #1 in NC???

Greedy *****!!!

@Afro Stop being a lil ***** lol grow some nuts and learn how to have an intellectual debate

& I had WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY much more respect for you man I personally thought you was da ****
I could give a **** about your respect, rofl. Its funny though that you talk about having an intellectual debate when your comprehension skills are pretty much non-existent.

Kuro~

Nitoryu Kuro
We need to have a standard for FL tourneys in order for matches to be taken into account. This would solve everything. Post it in the OP of the PR thread and then if there are any discrepancies just be like "read the OP. thats what it says and its been there and you took an oath to follow it by wanting your name to be considered for the PR."
I was JUST THINKING this last night. It will make all future problems null and void. And end all this ****. Personally i say don't count the **** so the majority is happy but WITH THE NEW CURRENT PR OF 2011 HAVE THE RULES THAT SHOULD BE MADE UP ASAP.

1) Tourney must be agreed to count by the majority of the panelists
2) Only reason matches will not count is if it was a forfeit due to having to leave the tourney. If they must not leave they can still forfeit however they must play the match out for results.
3) if players split at GF's they must play the set out for results. No sandbagging johns. If you lose it will be counted against you.
4) If a tourney was agreed to be counted for the PR's NO INFORMATION CAN BE WITHHELD WHAT SO EVER.
5) If the tourney goers agree that a tourney could count this can override the panelists decision. Only if all members involved in a PR match agree. (meaning a pr was involved)

What do you think of that so far?

gallax

Smash Hero
Its because the ruleset was whacked. Mk couldt cp certain stages. Pika cant cg but the IC's still coul(dont understand that one). Same with ddd and others like sheik cant ftilt lock past 3 ftilts.

DewDaDash

Smash Lord
So does that mean the upcoming zp tourney doesn't count? Pictochat is banned. That is whack, it does not follow the unity ruleset.

Furthermore can I change my ruleset to mk has only 34 LGs rather than 35, then it would be considered whacked and non-pr worthy?

AfroQT

Smash Master
So does that mean the upcoming zp tourney doesn't count? Pictochat is banned. That is whack, it does not follow the unity ruleset.

Furthermore can I change my ruleset to mk has only 34 LGs rather than 35, then it would be considered whacked and non-por worthy?
the upcoming zp tournament, isn't even a tournament lmaorokfmndlandh holy ****.

Kuro~

Nitoryu Kuro
I was JUST THINKING this last night. It will make all future problems null and void. And end all this ****. Personally i say don't count the **** so the majority is happy but WITH THE NEW CURRENT PR OF 2011 HAVE THE RULES THAT SHOULD BE MADE UP ASAP.

2) Only reason matches will not count is if it was a forfeit due to having to leave the tourney. If they must not leave they can still forfeit however they must play the match out for results.
3) if players split at GF's they must play the set out for results. No sandbagging johns. If you lose it will be counted against you.
4) If a tourney was agreed to be counted for the PR's NO INFORMATION CAN BE WITHHELD WHAT SO EVER.
5) If the tourney goers agree that a tourney could count this can override the panelists decision. Only if all members involved in a PR match agree. (meaning a pr was involved)

i noticed an error that could present problems.

This could present problems if the pr person loses...hmm how could this one be fixed? I don't believe unity should be the god chosen basis. I think creativity should be encouraged sometimes. I think this rule could be eliminated but the person hosting the tourney could present an arguement as to why it should be counted in a pm. And then the panelists could decide. I also think we need like 10 panelists instead of like 3...i mean really? only 3 people...

B_AWAL

Smash Master
@Afro lol CLEARLY I'm talkin with you about the PR and even ESAM agreed with me

You can't even formulate a proper comment

Every post you say is

"This is ********, your wrong, I'm not listening to you LALALA!!!"

And then you try 2 act all bad and be like "Imma ignore your posts and you just responded to mines"

Afro your failing... BAD

So I guess since you have no respect 4 ppl I aint got nuthin else 2 say 2 u

Stay Blessed

B_AWAL

Smash Master
5) If the tourney goers agree that a tourney could count this can override the panelists decision. Only if all members involved in a PR match agree. (meaning a pr was involved
What about if a person is helping a friend out of pools

AfroQT

Smash Master
@Afro lol CLEARLY I'm talkin with you about the PR and even ESAM agreed with me

You can't even formulate a proper comment

Every post you say is

"This is ********, your wrong, I'm not listening to you LALALA!!!"

And then you try 2 act all bad and be like "Imma ignore your posts and you just responded to mines"

Afro your failing... BAD

So I guess since you have no respect 4 ppl I aint got nuthin else 2 say 2 u

Stay Blessed
Dude, i explained so many things to you, and you just ignored them, either that or you couldnt comprehend. Just like you think i have no respect for people because i said i dont care about YOUR respect (bold), this is you failing comprehension, THOUGH IM SURE AGAIN YOU WILL FAIL TO COMPREHEND THIS POST.

OH YEAH and helping someone out of pools, is CHEATING BTW

gallax

Smash Hero

Dont like this actually.

1) Then that means there are panelists making the decisions. The point is to get rid of panelists. Plus even if they said yes and someone didnt like them it would get messed up bad.

2) All matches count unless specified otherwise. Specifications include.... <----this is better worded

3) If players spit then they must agree on the wins/losses and tell that to the TO who can insert that into the bracket. If they dont agree on the wins/losses from splitting then it must be played out. If splitting does occur, there will be a punishment of someone losing the set. If its in GF's, then both sets must be taken into consideration.

4) I agree

5) Not necessary if the tourney follows what is specified by the rules. No panelists needed or an override. However, i do agree though that if a majority of the tourney goers, go with 2/3rds vote, agree that the tournament rules are horrible and will not count then that agreement must be made before the tourney starts and everyone must be aware. This can be done by making an announcement before and during the tourney so that everyone recognizes it.

6) If you believe a match should be counted for the PR when its being held at a non-sanctioned PR counting tourney, this can be addressed. Both players must agree to it and then they must both state in the PR thread that they both discussed it and they came to the decision for it to count.

DewDaDash

Smash Lord
lmao, afro is right im dumb. When I went into the thread all I read was pictochat was banned and left.

I'm still changing my tourney rule to mk has 34 ledge grabs tho. I understand the inconvenience this causes and therefore if anyone feels hindered by the rule they should'nt come. I just want to test this ruleset out, unfortunately due to this, my tourny wont count for PRS :troll:

B_AWAL

Smash Master

@Afro I guess your right cause at the end of the day everyone should simply just do their best

So I guess you could say that letting a friend win is cheating

MVD

Smash Master
HOLY MOTHER ****ING **** **** GUYS IT'S A STUPID ****ING ******** LIST GET THE **** OVER IT HOLY **** IF YOU AIN'T ON THE PANELISTS PPL THING STFU CAUSE YOU HAVE NO SAY THE ONLY THING YOU CAN DO IS PLAY EVERY ****ING MATCH IN TOURNAMENT AS A SERIOUS THING AND IF YOI WANNA **** AROUND THAT'S ON YOU PR PPL GROW UP PPL WE ARE ARGUING ABOUT A GOD DAMN VIDEO GAME

:phone:

Sensei Seibrik

Smash Hero
ill talk with panelists about what kinda standards we'll make for tournies later tonight.

for now:

xaltis:

no one beat afro consistantly till i did

no one beat me consistantly till esam did

who r u to say no one will beat esam? or no one else will beat me?

the only person to keep you from doing so, is u. remember, it becomes very hard to ace a class, when ur aiming for a b, and even then u become more likely to get a C, only because ur goals weren't the highest u could make them...

beating some pr players may get u on the pr if thats ur goal, but u'll never consistantly win tournies with a goal like that.

think about it, if u aim for winnin tournies, and u acheive that goal, the pr stuff will come along side that anyway!

AfroQT

Smash Master
ill talk with panelists about what kinda standards we'll make for tournies later tonight.

for now:

xaltis:

no one beat afro consistantly till i did

no one beat me consistantly till esam did

who r u to say no one will beat esam? or no one else will beat me?

the only person to keep you from doing so, is u. remember, it becomes very hard to ace a class, when ur aiming for a b, and even then u become more likely to get a C, only because ur goals weren't the highest u could make them...

beating some pr players may get u on the pr if thats ur goal, but u'll never consistantly win tournies with a goal like that.

think about it, if u aim for winnin tournies, and u acheive that goal, the pr stuff will come along side that anyway!

No way dude either you or esam is winning the tournament everyone else give up.

gallax

Smash Hero

Dont like this actually.

1) Then that means there are panelists making the decisions. The point is to get rid of panelists. Plus even if they said yes and someone didnt like them it would get messed up bad.

2) All matches count unless specified otherwise. Specifications include.... <----this is better worded

3) If players spit then they must agree on the wins/losses and tell that to the TO who can insert that into the bracket. If they dont agree on the wins/losses from splitting then it must be played out. If splitting does occur, there will be a punishment of someone losing the set. If its in GF's, then both sets must be taken into consideration.

4) I agree

5) Not necessary if the tourney follows what is specified by the rules. No panelists needed or an override. However, i do agree though that if a majority of the tourney goers, go with 2/3rds vote, agree that the tournament rules are horrible and will not count then that agreement must be made before the tourney starts and everyone must be aware. This can be done by making an announcement before and during the tourney so that everyone recognizes it.

6) If you believe a match should be counted for the PR when its being held at a non-sanctioned PR counting tourney, this can be addressed. Both players must agree to it and then they must both state in the PR thread that they both discussed it and they came to the decision for it to count.

Re-posting so people can read.

Having a definition for whats to be counted is necessary. This comes to play with their being a cost to enter, prizes for winning, what should be put in the OP of every tourney thread related to it being counted towards the PR(and the punishment for it), etc...

Another good thing would be for someone to update the OP of this thread with every tournament that is going to be counted towards the PR's. If someone wants to debate whether or not it should be counted, it should be done before the tourney starts. Easy as that. If the decision comes out to it not being a PR sanctioned event then it gets moved to another categroy in the PR thread's OP that states its non-sanctioned. From there players can decide on individual matches counting as specified above.

gallax

Smash Hero
I hate this idea with a passion. The standards are not an opinion of 2-3 people. Its what the community decides. Not for them. And i want more people on the Panel as well. People from every region. One from SFL, CFL, FCGU, Tampa, and Gville. We all agree that NFL can be a separate region.

Kuro~

Nitoryu Kuro
Dont like this actually.

4) I agree

@#1I think panelist are a good idea. It's good way to organize ****. It's also why we need more than 3...we need at least 3 reps from every region who base their ideas in logic. @#5 the opposite should be true as well. If 2/3 vote it should count than it will. I agree with # 6.

I don't agree with #3. That could lead to easy rigging. At least when they play it out if they decide to waste 30 minutes of their time sandbagging then let them do it. Make em work for it.

@#2 agreed. But no reason to make **** fancy b4 it's even accepted.

@MVD I agree with you.Personally im still in this cuz i luv u all. Placing high is my goal. If i place high but don't get on PR i don't care because i know how good i am and where i compare. But it doesn't change that people care enough to do this. So, give up, let them be happy, make the rules, if anyone complains ever again they will just be ignored cuz they will know everything b4 hand.

Here is my vote :D

CFL=GDX and Gallax
SFL=Seibrik and Esam
FGCU=Mink and Viper
Tampa=Redhalberd and mampam
Gainesville=Masky/ryo

AfroQT

Smash Master
I hate this idea with a passion. The standards are not an opinion of 2-3 people. Its what the community decides. Not for them. And i want more people on the Panel as well. People from every region. One from SFL, CFL, FCGU, Tampa, and Gville. We all agree that NFL can be a separate region.
So you volunteer to be on then?

gallax

Smash Hero
So you volunteer to be on then?
I wouldnt mind at all. But its for CFL to decide. Not me.

@kuroThe thing with number 3 is that at times it gets too late to play out the set or both players or jsut exhausted when they get there. Players should be able to split and agree on the wins.

[FBC] Papa Mink

Smash Legend
NNID
PapaMink
Viper does follow all the tournament results.
He's be a good panelist. I can vouch for that.

I also nominate Gallax for CFL.
He's someone that actually cares.
*looks at HR*

Kuro~

Nitoryu Kuro
I wouldnt mind at all. But its for CFL to decide. Not me.

@kuroThe thing with number 3 is that at times it gets too late to play out the set or both players or jsut exhausted when they get there. Players should be able to split and agree on the wins.
That goes along with the "had to leave tournament" and thus i believe should not be counted at all. That wouldn't make sense to agree on free wins or losses. It's just be a neutral situation. That or the next tournament they could play out a single set to decide who get's the point. I think what i said the sentence b4 keeps it simple though...

Kuro~

Nitoryu Kuro
@#1I think panelist are a good idea. It's good way to organize ****. It's also why we need more than 3...we need at least 3 reps from every region who base their ideas in logic. @#5 the opposite should be true as well. If 2/3 vote it should count than it will. I agree with # 6.

I don't agree with #3. That could lead to easy rigging. At least when they play it out if they decide to waste 30 minutes of their time sandbagging then let them do it. Make em work for it.

@#2 agreed. But no reason to make **** fancy b4 it's even accepted.

@MVD I agree with you.Personally im still in this cuz i luv u all. Placing high is my goal. If i place high but don't get on PR i don't care because i know how good i am and where i compare. But it doesn't change that people care enough to do this. So, give up, let them be happy, make the rules, if anyone complains ever again they will just be ignored cuz they will know everything b4 hand.

Here is my vote :D

CFL=GDX and Gallax
SFL=Seibrik and Esam
FGCU=Mink and Viper
Tampa=Redhalberd and mampam
Gainesville=Masky/ryo
DPoJ rawr!!!!!!!!!!

Sensei Seibrik

Smash Hero
im down for more panalists, cuz i feel their nessasary. i think they should organize things that fl can vote on ect. thats how people can be heard. :)

gallax

Smash Hero
My new slogan:

"Ranking without representation is tyranny!!!"

@Seibrik: No. Only regions can vote for who they want representing. I dont want SFL or Gville or tampa deciding who the CFL panelists are.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom