• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The -NEW- Florida 2011 Brawl Power Rankings! Updated 5/10/11!

Status
Not open for further replies.

B_AWAL

Smash Master
Here is my vote :D

CFL=GDX and Gallax
SFL=Seibrik and Esam
FGCU=Mink and Viper
Tampa=Redhalberd and mampam
Gainesville=Masky/ryo
Damn bruh jus **** ALL of NFL dis ninja jus said Gville lol

& U prob need 2 jus name the most logical players that actually care about the PR from each region

CFL - GDX
SFL - Seibrik(Then again Seibrik should just supervise the whole thing cuz he kinda doesnt want any part in it anymore) & Snipa(Or whoever it was that is working with Masky right now)
NFL - Masky (I DO CARE myself but I dont get to travel much so you guys might not like that about me but I will be unbaised)
SCFL(Tampa) - I don't think that there needs to be a PR rep for this area alone
FGCU - I feel the same way as I do about SCFL

But then again who are we to all of the sudden think that we can just hope on the PR boards after Masky and Snipa have been working so hard???

Kuro~

Nitoryu Kuro
Damn bruh jus **** ALL of NFL dis ninja jus said Gville lol

& U prob need 2 jus name the most logical players that actually care about the PR from each region

CFL - GDX
SFL - Seibrik(Then again Seibrik should just supervise the whole thing cuz he kinda doesnt want any part in it anymore) & Snipa(Or whoever it was that is working with Masky right now)
NFL - Masky (I DO CARE myself but I dont get to travel much so you guys might not like that about me but I will be unbaised)
SCFL(Tampa) - I don't think that there needs to be a PR rep for this area alone
FGCU - I feel the same way as I do about SCFL
No SCFL AKA TAMPA has their own tournies FOR THEIR region so they should have some same with FGCU. If your referring to tally who else is there that even regularly travels down? Ryo/masky best represent the people for that region. As any tourney up there they are likely to attend. I mean if you can name like 3 other relevant players to be part of NFL choices rather than Gville than name them.

Sensei Seibrik

Smash Hero
no, i mean after we dooo have panalists, they will decide on what matters the state can vote on decide, ect.

think of the panalists as a fl bbr kinda thing

:phone:

B_AWAL

Smash Master
No SCFL AKA TAMPA has their own tournies FOR THEIR region so they should have some same with FGCU. If your referring to tally who else is there that even regularly travels down? Ryo/masky best represent the people for that region. As any tourney up there they are likely to attend. I mean if you can name like 3 other relevant players to be part of NFL choices rather than Gville than name them.
Touche about the regions I guess

But I'm more interested in player that are normally on the boards and give to ****s about the PR you kno? RYO doesn't give a FLYING **** about it lol. RYO and Masky are probably our BEST players but I wouldn't say they are the best at being on the PR Board.

When I made my statement I was implying that we need people that would effectivly help create the PR not players that are the best in general

O and the only reason I didnt say Gallax is cuz he withheld info of a tourney

Lol @ my 3 ppl Me, Skater & SexPuma (Thats all we got actually) but I named my 3 #WIN (Not really :urg:)

There should be more panelists, its hard to get this done with only 3 people.
I agree but Its up to the current panelists and Seibrik...

gallax

Smash Hero
Remember i with-held info because im was not going to NARC on people who i respect and respect me. If someone wanted their match known they could have come on and presented their wins and then argued for them to count. That would have meant that they did not agree for their matches to count. By me saying who won and lost i would have gone against their agreement for it not to count. plus, i only remember like 4-5 important matches at most.

B_AWAL

Smash Master
Understandable but you should have reported the results that DID matter

like whenever a player that DIDNT agree to those rules lost 2 someone who DID then the results should have been put out there

Mainly Mero, GDX and RYO i guess

B_AWAL

Smash Master
Hmmm... Now that i THINK ABOUT it that doesn't mean you not qualified to b on the PR board

I take my comment earlier back and apologize

Edit: Aren't GDX and Gallax like the Yin and Yang of CFL?

Kuro~

Nitoryu Kuro
Touche about the regions I guess

But I'm more interested in player that are normally on the boards and give to ****s about the PR you kno? RYO doesn't give a FLYING **** about it lol. RYO and Masky are probably our BEST players but I wouldn't say they are the best at being on the PR Board.

When I made my statement I was implying that we need people that would effectivly help create the PR not players that are the best in general

O and the only reason I didnt say Gallax is cuz he withheld info of a tourney

Lol @ my 3 ppl Me, Skater & SexPuma (Thats all we got actually) but I named my 3 #WIN (Not really :urg:)

I agree but Its up to the current panelists and Seibrik...
If ryo didn't care he wouldn't of wanted his win to gallax count. Ryo cares. But i could see where the *getting on smashboards* part could affect it. I mean if others vote for you to be on it for NFL along with masky i could see that as an acceptable choice...then you have one from each SubRegion in NFL being Tally/gville which would cover more would be tourneys.

So ya...awal+masky for NFL?
Also no matter what it should be at least 2 people from each region as this limits bias and other shiz.

Remember i with-held info because im was not going to NARC on people who i respect and respect me. If someone wanted their match known they could have come on and presented their wins and then argued for them to count. That would have meant that they did not agree for their matches to count. By me saying who won and lost i would have gone against their agreement for it not to count. plus, i only remember like 4-5 important matches at most.
Ik where you are coming from. This whole scenario is totally stupid, embarassing, and disgracefu. We definitely need to agree on the rules like me and you posted before and have ~10 panelist 2 from each region.

tl;dr

CFL- GDX/Gallax
SFL-Esam/seibs or afro/seibs or Xaltis/seibs.
Tampa-Redhalberd/mampam. (them being on the pr they should be on this.)
FGCU- Mink and viper(both level headed willing to talk stuff out people)
NFL-Awal/masky (people who frequent the boards, care about the community and are pretty level headed. Cept for the semi-flaming i saw from awal. Cut that **** out :))

B_AWAL

Smash Master
If ryo didn't care he wouldn't of wanted his win to gallax count. Ryo cares. But i could see where the *getting on smashboards* part could affect it. I mean if others vote for you to be on it for NFL along with masky i could see that as an acceptable choice...then you have one from each SubRegion in NFL being Tally/gville which would cover more would be tourneys.

So ya...awal+masky for NFL?
Also no matter what it should be at least 2 people from each region as this limits bias and other shiz.

Ik where you are coming from. This whole scenario is totally stupid, embarassing, and disgracefu. We definitely need to agree on the rules like me and you posted before and have ~10 panelist 2 from each region.
(I'm glad you edited your post cuz you confused the Eff outta me lol)

Whoa whoa whoa lemme clarify

RYO cares about being ON PR's but I dont think he would be the type to help CREATE the PR's you get what I'm saying?

Basically its kinda JUST like the HrNut vs Mero thing just multiply it by what 10 people

Gallax and about lets say 9 other players said they didnt want the matches to count

So basically all the matches between the players that agreed to this aren't counting

2-DJeff

Smash Master
(I'm glad you edited your post cuz you confused the Eff outta me lol)

Whoa whoa whoa lemme clarify

RYO cares about being ON PR's but I dont think he would be the type to help CREATE the PR's you get what I'm saying?

Basically its kinda JUST like the HrNut vs Mero thing just multiply it by what 10 people

Gallax and about lets say 9 other players said they didnt want the matches to count

So basically all the matches between the players that agreed to this aren't counting
Why don't you think ryo would want to.

Master Raven

Smash Master
I'm down with doing panelist work.

Guys some of you should be happy that you're even on the PR at all LOL and if you aren't, work harder and aim for the top. I care about being on the PR, but not so much that it's a higher priority than winning tournies. I wanna help my state get better and better so my ultimate goal is to place as high as I possibly can every tourney + beating as many good people as possible.

Remember this nugget of Hindu wisdom: Commit to the process, detach from the outcome. Commit yourself to the process of beating top people and placing high and let the results speak for themselves to decide your position on the PR. Don't ***** about your position in the end, there's nothing you can do about it. Accept it and do what you can to make it to #1.

[FBC] ESAM

Smash Legend
There is a problem with ruleset differences.

Not so much with slightly different stage list (AKA Japes, RC being banned, things along those lines) aren't that big of a deal and will only affect 1 match at most.

Things that affect Match-ups themselves on a HUGE scale (Like limiting Pikachu's CGs or Sheik's f-tilt lock) are much more detrimental and they skew the results more than a stage list ever could.

B_AWAL

Smash Master
@Jeff

I mean you can go ahead and put him on the PR panel if you want

If I'm on I'll work if not I'll make comments here

My opinions of rankings are based off of the data presented to me

So I'll talk like I'm right until I'm proven wrong and then I'll factor in whatever I learn

Exdeath

Smash Master
From what I remember, the issue with the last Holy Smash wasn't that the rules changed, but that some players didn't understand the rules properly, and this led to situations of certain players not knowing that they could use their main when CPed to Rainbow Cruise and other players telling them that they couldn't use their main when CPed to Rainbow Cruise. This should have been rectified by the TO IMO, but it's ultimately the fault of the players for not comprehending the rules (which included the mentioned situation) when they were listed and discussed considerably for the tournament.

My primary issue with this PR boils down to this: What is supposed to be an accurate list -- data -- is being written with words like "punish player X." The ultimate issue of the PR should be accuracy. In a sense, this does indeed mean that losses such as not using someone's main shouldn't count, because they don't always reflect accurately.

Look at Mango, for example. Would any player really say that Mango isn't the best player in the world at SSBM? As time goes on, it's more acceptable. After all, he has been placing rather poorly in nationals. If he's not even coming close to winning large tournaments, how can he possibly be the best player?

Character choices affect a match just as much -- if not more -- than a stage. This is especially true as stages become more static, and the character tools become relatively larger.

At the end of the day, the PR can only be as reliable as the population and medium (which is another issue) allows it to be.

B_AWAL

Smash Master
Lol lets say we implement that idea of not having such a heavy effect of match-ups depending on characters used

Lets say that for some ODD reason MVD uses Ganon against my Sonic because he thinks that matchup is better or he wants to sandbag or he just doesn't want the set to count(I doubt this would EVER happen lol)

Then if I win are you saying it wouldn't be valid?

Give us an example of what your talking about because in the end I feel like the final result of the set and win-loss ratios are what matters the most. Followed by how often the person plays in tourneys in general. Then you can factor the quality of players in the region.

[FBC] ESAM

Smash Legend
It is heavily skewing tournament results as a force outside a players' decision. "Damn, I can't CG Trump's Fox as Pikachu, so I'm not gonna go Pikachu because that destroys my character" is completely different than "Huh, there are cool stages here, lemme pick one." One is a player's choice to use stages that aren't normally, while the other is a forced restriction to one's character that the player cannot get around (While they can get around the weird stages by just...not picking them). Character choice is a much larger part of the game than stage choice, so nerfing somebody's inherent character abilities is messed up...which is why I think nobody should go to HRNut's tournament.

Kuro~

Nitoryu Kuro
Lol lets say we implement that idea of not having such a heavy effect of match-ups depending on characters used

Lets say that for some ODD reason MVD uses Ganon against my Sonic because he thinks that matchup is better or he wants to sandbag or he just doesn't want the set to count(I doubt this would EVER happen lol)

Then if I win are you saying it wouldn't be valid?

Give us an example of what your talking about because in the end I feel like the final result of the set and win-loss ratios are what matters the most. Followed by how often the person plays in tourneys in general. Then you can factor the quality of players in the region.
I'm pretty sure the 6 rules me and gallax posted would fix alot of these issues. Why arent u guys discussing those?

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
hrnut tourney rules didn't effect any of the matches. There were no pikachu or shieks. And no one mained mk at the tourney really

I lol @ the fact that the cfl panelists talk is back mainly cause I always lol when history repeats itself.

Anyway I'm down to be a panelist. I'm on the side of logic

/phoenix wright

B_AWAL

Smash Master
I'm pretty sure the 6 rules me and gallax posted would fix alot of these issues. Why arent u guys discussing those?
1) Then that means there are panelists making the decisions. The point is to get rid of panelists. Plus even if they said yes and someone didnt like them it would get messed up bad.

2) All matches count unless specified otherwise. Specifications include.... <----this is better worded

3) If players spit then they must agree on the wins/losses and tell that to the TO who can insert that into the bracket. If they dont agree on the wins/losses from splitting then it must be played out. If splitting does occur, there will be a punishment of someone losing the set. If its in GF's, then both sets must be taken into consideration.

4) I agree

5) Not necessary if the tourney follows what is specified by the rules. No panelists needed or an override. However, i do agree though that if a majority of the tourney goers, go with 2/3rds vote, agree that the tournament rules are horrible and will not count then that agreement must be made before the tourney starts and everyone must be aware. This can be done by making an announcement before and during the tourney so that everyone recognizes it.

6) If you believe a match should be counted for the PR when its being held at a non-sanctioned PR counting tourney, this can be addressed. Both players must agree to it and then they must both state in the PR thread that they both discussed it and they came to the decision for it to count.
1. All tournys should count... If you dont like the rules then dont go 2 it. A tourney is a tourney and as long as money is involved and you have to pay to get in it should be valid

2. All matches should count unless the 2 players agree that it wont

3. I think if players split then the matches should be split

4. IDK what this is

5. Whatever the rules the TO makes are what goes... The TO goes thru all the hard work to make the tourney and once again if you dont like the rules dont come lol. Who are you 2 control someone elses tourney? They run it and yo behind jus sits there and shows up 2 complain even though you know the rules already... if I dont like the rules I'll try to convince the TO to change em. If that doesnt work I'm stuck and if it does then YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY

6. If 2 ppl fight at a tourney where money is on the line everything counts(as long as they paid their entry fee)

Edit: wait that had NOTHING to do with my point cuz I was siding with you and Gallax lol I was countering what Xdeath was saying and trying to get him 2 see why I disagree with his idea

Kuro making me write all this extra **** lol

B_AWAL

Smash Master
I got sidetracked...

@Xdeath As far as Mango is concerned...

Yes every1 considers him the best but his results dont show that... RIght now he is prob the best if he tried but we aren't supposed to ranked ppl based off of IFs and Maybes but FACTUAL RESULTS

Exdeath

Smash Master
I got sidetracked...

@Xdeath As far as Mango is concerned...

Yes every1 considers him the best but his results dont show that... RIght now he is prob the best if he tried but we aren't supposed to ranked ppl based off of IFs and Maybes but FACTUAL RESULTS
This is my point. We use factual results because they should lead to objective accuracy.

B_AWAL

Smash Master
Basically the end result is the actions of both players(Wait... yeah that makes sense)

If Mango doesn't wanna play srsly or even use his best characters thats his own fault if Linguini beats him

You have the CHOICE to pick which stages and characters are available

If you dont put your best foot forward its your own loss...(Meaning if you dont use your best characters and stages and u lose its your own fault

:sonic:

Kuro~

Nitoryu Kuro
Dont like this actually.

1) Then that means there are panelists making the decisions. The point is to get rid of panelists. Plus even if they said yes and someone didnt like them it would get messed up bad.

2) All matches count unless specified otherwise. Specifications include.... <----this is better worded

3) If players spit then they must agree on the wins/losses and tell that to the TO who can insert that into the bracket. If they dont agree on the wins/losses from splitting then it must be played out. If splitting does occur, there will be a punishment of someone losing the set. If its in GF's, then both sets must be taken into consideration.

4) I agree

5) Not necessary if the tourney follows what is specified by the rules. No panelists needed or an override. However, i do agree though that if a majority of the tourney goers, go with 2/3rds vote, agree that the tournament rules are horrible and will not count then that agreement must be made before the tourney starts and everyone must be aware. This can be done by making an announcement before and during the tourney so that everyone recognizes it.

6) If you believe a match should be counted for the PR when its being held at a non-sanctioned PR counting tourney, this can be addressed. Both players must agree to it and then they must both state in the PR thread that they both discussed it and they came to the decision for it to count.

Re-posting so people can read.

Having a definition for whats to be counted is necessary. This comes to play with their being a cost to enter, prizes for winning, what should be put in the OP of every tourney thread related to it being counted towards the PR(and the punishment for it), etc...

Another good thing would be for someone to update the OP of this thread with every tournament that is going to be counted towards the PR's. If someone wants to debate whether or not it should be counted, it should be done before the tourney starts. Easy as that. If the decision comes out to it not being a PR sanctioned event then it gets moved to another categroy in the PR thread's OP that states its non-sanctioned. From there players can decide on individual matches counting as specified above.
I was JUST THINKING this last night. It will make all future problems null and void. And end all this ****. Personally i say don't count the **** so the majority is happy but WITH THE NEW CURRENT PR OF 2011 HAVE THE RULES THAT SHOULD BE MADE UP ASAP.

1) Tourney must be agreed to count by the majority of the panelists
2) Only reason matches will not count is if it was a forfeit due to having to leave the tourney. If they must not leave they can still forfeit however they must play the match out for results.
3) if players split at GF's they must play the set out for results. No sandbagging johns. If you lose it will be counted against you.
4) If a tourney was agreed to be counted for the PR's NO INFORMATION CAN BE WITHHELD WHAT SO EVER.
5) If the tourney goers agree that a tourney could count this can override the panelists decision. Only if all members involved in a PR match agree. (meaning a pr was involved)

What do you think of that so far?
@item#1 I think for a tourney to count it has to have some sort of legitimacy in terms of ruleset...but it shouldn't HAVE TO BE THE UNITY. While i am glad the unity ruleset is made i don't think we should be like oh you have to use this for any of it to count. It discourages exploration.

@item#2 I stick by this. It's not my fault you sandbagged. Get over it. If you forfeit it you need to play the match anyways if you aren't leaving the tourney. If you are then the match becomes a "neutral" item. That or just make it count no matter what. I don't care that much about this item because item one and 3 cover this one so yaaa.

@item#3 I think if they split cuz they had to leave it should be counted as neutral. I mean you cant just give free wins or losses. That's ********. That or play it out at the next tourney. 1 match best 3/5 kinda like a pr MM but w/o the money cuz they already did the money. However, if there is time and no restricting circumstances the match should be played at the venue just so we can have the results. Splitting can still be allowed and money will be given b4 the match and then played out.

@item#4 nuff said.

@item#5 ya gallax changed it to a way that made more sense.

I agree with these 2.

Edit: On second thought. **** it. For item # 2 i think as long as it's not Grand Finals then if you forfeit you ****ed yourself over your gonna take a loss. It's a game. Get over it. Just do better consistently and one forfeit won't kill you. If it is grandfinals then ya...i think that applies as well as item#3.

B_AWAL

Smash Master
I already stated my opinion on all of them except #4 but I think all tourneys should count towards the PR because we dont have 1 official ruleset and as long as the basic rules of 3 stock 8 min using all chars and best of 3 format is used everything should be valid unless the tourney was free...

Like I said...

If I host a PHB tourney and you think that you or anyone else can say my tourney isn't PR viable for anything I choose your out of your mind man cause you have no right to sit there and not count a tourney that you yourself choose to go to... If you dont want the problem then dont go its plain and simple

VSC.D-Torr

Smash Hero
.... which is why I think nobody should go to HRNut's tournament.
I have to go to his tourneys. It's one of two tournies I can go to that doesn't require a toll highway or turnpike to go through (the other being WATO). Even then, both tourneys are 45-90 minutes away. Regardless of whatever rulesets are used, I'll always attend these tourneys since they are all I got.

HRNUT (Honey Roasted)

Smash Master
It is heavily skewing tournament results as a force outside a players' decision. "Damn, I can't CG Trump's Fox as Pikachu, so I'm not gonna go Pikachu because that destroys my character" is completely different than "Huh, there are cool stages here, lemme pick one." One is a player's choice to use stages that aren't normally, while the other is a forced restriction to one's character that the player cannot get around (While they can get around the weird stages by just...not picking them). Character choice is a much larger part of the game than stage choice, so nerfing somebody's inherent character abilities is messed up...which is why I think nobody should go to HRNut's tournament.
If that worries you so much use a secondary...that's what you said trump should do because he mains fox

Kuro~

Nitoryu Kuro
I already stated my opinion on all of them except #4 but I think all tourneys should count towards the PR because we dont have 1 official ruleset and as long as the basic rules of 3 stock 8 min using all chars and best of 3 format is used everything should be valid unless the tourney was free...

Like I said...

If I host a PHB tourney and you think that you or anyone else can say my tourney isn't PR viable for anything I choose your out of your mind man cause you have no right to sit there and not count a tourney that you yourself choose to go to... If you dont want the problem then dont go its plain and simple
Uh what part of those rules i came up with said if a tourney didn't follow xyz format then it shouldn't be counted...I SAID that the panelist (which we all seem to agree need 10 or more) can choose. The fact that we would choose reasonable ppl means they would be reasonable.For example, gallaxes tournies would be counted (most of them at least) because all he did was change the stage list and stage picking process. Not that big of a deal. However!!!!!!!!His get smashed tourney wouldn't count not because alcohol was involved but because there were several scenarios where if event A happened you had to drink and if event B happened you had to drink more etc etc, forcing inebriation in those that participated technically. The tourney where Ice climbers couldnt cg wouldn't count ( the one where all infinites were banned) as this could affect the outcome MAJORLY. You see what i'm getting at?
I think it should go 1-1 if anything to show that the tournament "Finished"
That's just as reasonable. I agree with this.

I'd like to hear what you think about what i've said so far as the above posts of this page.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom