• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The -NEW- Florida 2011 Brawl Power Rankings! Updated 5/10/11!

Status
Not open for further replies.

B_AWAL

Smash Master
What ESAM said has been stated and agreed with a looooooooong time ago lol

and no PR panelist should strip the right of a tourney to be valid

if everyone has a problem with a tourneys rules then change it or dont go.... You should not say a tourney is not valid because at the tourney there could be some serious mathes. Not only that but lets say Gallax and I dont like the rules of the tourney and we wanna play with Pounds rules or the Unity ruleset. at the end of the day no set is promised 2 be the same way as the rules have been stated.

So like I said before... No1 should have the right to unvalidate a tourney aside from teh TO who goes trough all the hard of running and hosting the tourney. Plus different rules like HrNUTs rules are implemented at times to see what happens.

Which as a TO is what I am saying

I understand that there might be some things that you consider would make a tourney not valid like when people are drunk or the cg rules or infinitez aren't banned but what if no1 uses infinites or no1 uses IC or no1 that goes to a MK banned tourney uses MK ANYWAYS

No matter how ridiculous the rules are its the players personal decision to risk thier time and money to play in the tourney which is why I'm saying that NO! deserves the right to make a tourney unvalid

B_AWAL

Smash Master
Lol if you have a problem with the tourney....

Dont

GO

lol!!!

Problem solved

I could have a tourney where only SONIC can win each match(Hypothetical situation)

If you come to it and pay 2 enter then thats yo own dumb *** for wasting your time and money

I understand how you feel but if you went and lost then that would have been your own fault

Kuro~

Nitoryu Kuro
Lol if you have a problem with the tourney....

Dont

GO

lol!!!

Problem solved

I could have a tourney where only SONIC can win each match(Hypothetical situation)

If you come to it and pay 2 enter then thats yo own dumb *** for wasting your time and money

I understand how you feel but if you went and lost then that would have been your own fault
I understand where your going but as far as accuracy goes WHICH IS WHAT PRS AND PANELIST ARE FOR. Those tourneys should be invalid. When they majorly alter a players or characters performance e.g. tilts,cgs, bans etc etc.

I encourage experimentation. I THINK IT'S A GREAT IDEA. But i also think it should be kept AS AN EXPERIMENT and unofficial. If it's that important to the PR's present to get a chance for some wins...do a pr match. I mean NO ONE EVER USES THOSE.

B_AWAL

Smash Master
I understand where your going but as far as accuracy goes WHICH IS WHAT PRS AND PANELIST ARE FOR. Those tourneys should be invalid. When they majorly alter a players or characters performance e.g. tilts,cgs, bans etc etc.

I encourage experimentation. I THINK IT'S A GREAT IDEA. But i also think it should be kept AS AN EXPERIMENT and unofficial. If it's that important to the PR's present to get a chance for some wins...do a pr match. I mean NO ONE EVER USES THOSE.
Well it looks like neither of us will budge on this

Both ideals are good

But I can only tip my hat and shake your hand my good sir we are at a stalemate

:sonic:

OverLade

Smash Hero
1. Get home
2. Read PR Thread
3. Realize nothing has changed

Seriously, **** like having Sheik and Pikachu's CGs/locks limited is just too ridiculously specific. It's gay sure but it's not like it can't/hasn't been circumvented before (Zeton vs Kprime etc). MK is broken with no ledgegrab limit, it's been proven. We've added a ledgegrab limit to our ruleset, it's done. But seriously Nick/Gallax if I go to one of your tournaments I think it's absolutely ridiculous that win or lose none of my sets will count. I know you hate MK and EVERYONE hates MK but the self CPing rule is stupid, I really don't have any other word for it. Same goes for the tilt locks. Ya boy 2DJeff ***** Trump with ICs but Sheik players can't use their tilt lock to the their advantage.

There's a difference between inherently bad rules and agreeing/purposely doing something stupid. You, Gallax, Hbox and NLL are the only hosts in Orlando and I don't want to not wanna go to tourneys because I'm gonna have to completely change up my style. I don't even intend to go MK against most people because I def don't have to but having the option gives you a sense of a security to play confidently. I could go on -->

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
yea NLL doesnt change their rules either lade lol

Edit: nvm i see what you did there

OverLade

Smash Hero
Xdeth is so right. It's like there's no happy place, though to be fair in general I think WATO has legit seeding. Hbox ftw.

OverLade

Smash Hero
Hbox ftw for hosting lol, I know he generally leaves brawl seeding up to you guys and me whenever Tampa comes en mass.

Btw Lies and Fidel Cashflow are teaming at this Sunday's doubles tourney. They were playing amazingly today I really wanna see them win :)

_Dice

Smash Ace
There is a problem with ruleset differences.

Not so much with slightly different stage list (AKA Japes, RC being banned, things along those lines) aren't that big of a deal and will only affect 1 match at most.

Things that affect Match-ups themselves on a HUGE scale (Like limiting Pikachu's CGs or Sheik's f-tilt lock) are much more detrimental and they skew the results more than a stage list ever could.
So ESAM what i'm getting is you think that limiting sheik's f-tilt lock and pikachu's CG will affect a tournament outcome more than allowing 1 ban and both brinstar and rainbow cruise?
1 affects 2 lesser used characters in certain matchups under certain circumstances, the other enhances the most used character, allowing that character to turn any match in which he loses once to almost a 90/10 matchup?

i would think a stage list can effect matchups themselves on a huge scale, and if you think we can disallow PR tournaments solely based on rule differences in specific circumstances, and not stage lists with radically character bias'd lists, then i don't know if a PR is something i would ever wish to be involved with in the future,

i mean I can hold a tournament with the ideal ruleset, and have my stage list be:
Final destination
Yoshi's Island
Smashville

pictochat
New port city
Rainbow Cruise

and that would have less of an impact on the tournament than the little limitation on pikachu? i mean that stage list screams sonic should dominate. if you want to avoid circle camping then sonic gets his pick between his two invincible spindash stages or rainbow vs very immobile characters.
and yeah an argument could be well anyone can pick sonic and circle camp the other player, well that argument can be made for anyone complaining about a character specific restriction, just don't play the character if you don't like the restriction.

it just seems silly to arbitrarily declare a single ruleset PR worthy and at the same time claim that minor changes to rulesets affect the outcome of an event moreso than the stagelist when the stagelist favors a certain character.

there should either be a mandatory ruleset agreed upon by the ENTIRE states player group for PR, or a very flexible standard, (no items, 8 minute, 3 stock, and timeout rules). anything in between borders on favoritism of whatever region ends up having more PR legal events. for instance if only CFL plays with PR legal rules because the PR rules are disagreeable to SFL and NFL then CFL will make up all of the PR which is definitely a flawed representation of the state.

AfroQT

Smash Master
From what I remember, the issue with the last Holy Smash wasn't that the rules changed, but that some players didn't understand the rules properly, and this led to situations of certain players not knowing that they could use their main when CPed to Rainbow Cruise and other players telling them that they couldn't use their main when CPed to Rainbow Cruise. This should have been rectified by the TO IMO, but it's ultimately the fault of the players for not comprehending the rules (which included the mentioned situation)
That and being cp'd to banned stages and the TO agreeing lol.

Kuro~

Nitoryu Kuro
What ESAM said has been stated and agreed with a looooooooong time ago lol

and no PR panelist should strip the right of a tourney to be valid

if everyone has a problem with a tourneys rules then change it or dont go.... You should not say a tourney is not valid because at the tourney there could be some serious mathes. Not only that but lets say Gallax and I dont like the rules of the tourney and we wanna play with Pounds rules or the Unity ruleset. at the end of the day no set is promised 2 be the same way as the rules have been stated.

So like I said before... No1 should have the right to unvalidate a tourney aside from teh TO who goes trough all the hard of running and hosting the tourney. Plus different rules like HrNUTs rules are implemented at times to see what happens.

Which as a TO is what I am saying

I understand that there might be some things that you consider would make a tourney not valid like when people are drunk or the cg rules or infinitez aren't banned but what if no1 uses infinites or no1 uses IC or no1 that goes to a MK banned tourney uses MK ANYWAYS

No matter how ridiculous the rules are its the players personal decision to risk thier time and money to play in the tourney which is why I'm saying that NO! deserves the right to make a tourney unvalid
_ _
\_/('.')\_/ *shrugs* I'll end this with my own leaving word. Aimed at dice as well. Dice that tourney would be counted. There are no alterations to any characters. Stage list favoring sonic ya? Does it affect other characters directly...no. I believe if you directly affect a character either significantly (no IC chaingrab) or minimally (3 ftilts then a follow up) that a tourney shouldn't really be counted because those people worked hard on their characters and often accepted weaknesses all through out the process. They deserve to be able to do what they can do. I think having a weird tourney like that could confuse newcomers as well. And i mainly just don't particularly agree with it.

@Hrnut i love your hosting tournies and i really really want to go to one(been super busy :() even though your rules are so simple and barely alter i still think it shouldn't really count. I love your ideas though as they are interesting. And i want to try them out myself. I just thik it should be kept off pr for complete and total accuracy.

Also...*highfives dice* funny :laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom