• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The -NEW- Florida 2011 Brawl Power Rankings! Updated 5/10/11!

Status
Not open for further replies.

gallax

Smash Hero
Im using the unity ruleset at my next tourney, without RC and brinstar in conjunction together. RC has been banned, with all other stages allowed that the unity ruleset allows. The only other change that was made was the stage picking process for game 1. There are 5 neutrals, each player/team strikes one stage and random is used to determine the third stage. My tourney's have been legit since esam and brik came up to play.

gallax

Smash Hero
IT makes sense esam because RC+brinstar clearly is a problem with the counterpick system when both allowed. If you cant see this then you are blind. Im only getting rid of RC. I do not agree with picto being a viable CP in general due to its severe random qualities that have more often than not changed the outcome of a game, but I want the BBR-RC to deal with this issue first, or even the BBR. The issues with picto are not as obvious to the community as allowing RC and brinstar together.

_Dice

Smash Ace
Lol no RC and Pictochat allowed. That makes a lot of sense because RC is clearly worse >_>
ESAM said:
Not so much with slightly different stage list (AKA Japes, RC being banned, things along those lines) aren't that big of a deal and will only affect 1 match at most
:)
tencallouts.

Sensei Seibrik

Smash Hero
i can agree with that gallax, picto gives more people a place to CP mk anyway, since most mk's ban FD, this is kinda ur way of balancing the CP system OUT of mk's favor. I can understand that, tho I still wana see pictochat perma banned eventually (and no, not cuz i play mk lol)

as for the next PR's rules, i really wana get organized with who the future panlists will be first, discuss everything with them privately, set up votes for stuff, and then clerify what the future rules will be in the first post.

Order of events most likely to happen:

Update the current PR using all matches that we're aware of from last PR period.

Organize the Panalists for the next period.

Discuss future PR rules with said panalists.

Post rules under the new updated PR's.

GO TEAM FLORIDA GO!

gallax

Smash Hero
IMmo just leave the PR's the way they are now. Im sure CFL doesn't care anymore(excluding maybe halzy idk). And b awal seems to be the only one that is really arguing anymore. If anyone from SFL want them to change then they can go ahead and step it up. I know CFL though, and we all(most) no longer care about the PR's anymore. So leave it.

Sensei Seibrik

Smash Hero
its not about who cares and such, we jsut wana make the most accurate PR we can, right now u have a loss counted against u from otronicon while hrnut doesn't, which isn't an accurate showcase of FL this period.

get it? (also the me vs d-tor thing isn't included which would put halz clearly above me as he deserves)

HRNUT (Honey Roasted)

Smash Master
Gallax r u really using the unity ruleset...=/

And why don't you get a panel together before updating the PRs so its more than just the opinion of 3 people...like get the panel together first then change it if need be

:phone:

Sensei Seibrik

Smash Hero
Gallax r u really using the unity ruleset...=/

And why don't you get a panel together before updating the PRs so its more than just the opinion of 3 people...like get the panel together first then change it if need be

because theres no longer much opinion needed to be put into ordering anything, we're going by strait records. I think the panals more important for putting rules together, taking care of collecting data ect...

gallax

Smash Hero
because theres no longer much opinion needed to be put into ordering anything, we're going by strait records. I think the panals more important for putting rules together, taking care of collecting data ect...
And deciding whether or not before a tourney begins whether or not it should be counted towards the PRs. I believe this to be the most important aspect.

And btw, i have a list of everyone in CFL,SFL, and tampa who has played in a tourney this season with all of their wins and losses recorded from every tourney that they entered.

Exdeath

Smash Master
idk what the *** rules are
There are multiple JP rule sets, but they're most commonly known for having SV/FD/BF on random. Sometimes JP tournaments will have CPs (especially since they're starting to interact with the Western metagames), but it's not the usual standard.

_Dice

Smash Ace
And deciding whether or not before a tourney begins whether or not it should be counted towards the PRs. I believe this to be the most important aspect.

And btw, i have a list of everyone in CFL,SFL, and tampa who has played in a tourney this season with all of their wins and losses recorded from every tourney that they entered.
This just in, Gallax also has a magical mirror that shows the person with the most free time on their hands. :) he keeps it in his bathroom. ;)

But yeah good **** gallax.

gallax

Smash Hero
Im taking 6 classes, currnetly working(actually im at disney now working) and still have time to balance the gf and brawl. Must be doing something right. And no, im taking all aerospace classes that are hard as ****. No easy classes.

U just jealous of mah skills.

AfroQT

Smash Master
We should definitely get more panelists on. I'm down for keeping the PR the same if everyone will be happy with it, even though multiple things have been struck from the record. As long as we make it clear for this new PR season how we will treat such situations from now on. This way we can avoid long arguments that don't really do anything. Gallax if you are compiling data on CFL tournaments you should definitely be a panelist.

Kuro~

Nitoryu Kuro
IT makes sense esam because RC+brinstar clearly is a problem with the counterpick system when both allowed. If you cant see this then you are blind. Im only getting rid of RC. I do not agree with picto being a viable CP in general due to its severe random qualities that have more often than not changed the outcome of a game, but I want the BBR-RC to deal with this issue first, or even the BBR. The issues with picto are not as obvious to the community as allowing RC and brinstar together.
Ya seriously. I mean picto i can slightly see...mainly just cuz i love the stage it's fun and it helps characters vs mk. I also have fun on rainbow and brinstar but i DONT think they should be together. One of them needs to go. As for which one that could be voted on and analyzed. But one of them needs to go soon. I really hope the BBR-RC does something about it :(:(:(

pesticide

Smash Lord
I'm starting to realize rc really isn't that bad 4 oli. The part near the top with low ceiling is godly. Problem is gimping oli on the way up there

to fix this problem: gimping oli shud b banned

[FBC] ESAM

Smash Legend
It isn't a big deal, I just question RC not being there while Picto is there.

MK honestly isn't that good on RC...he is the worst of all the people that are named. G&W is better, Wario is better, and Pikachu is better. So...aerial based characters win on aerial stages, which are only 2 (Brinstar/RC) while every other stage is ground based, but we don't restrict those at all (FD, SV, Picto). Makes sense to me.

AfroQT

Smash Master
Rofl the only thing Pikachu has over MK is the ability to move around the stage faster then mk can. MK can just shark pikachu, repeatedly throughout the entire left side while the stage is moving up, and pikachu (or any character) has no answer for that except running away.

Kuro~

Nitoryu Kuro
Esam just has rose-colored glasses due to his position :troll:

Honestly esam, like 70% of the community agrees though. Not just in florida either.

M@v

Subarashii!
Im taking 6 classes, currnetly working(actually im at disney now working) and still have time to balance the gf and brawl. Must be doing something right. And no, im taking all aerospace classes that are hard as ****. No easy classes.

U just jealous of mah skills.
That....is quite impressive. I was in aerospace for a bit. Oh boy.

OverLade

Smash Hero
I think MK is amazing on cruise but you have to play absurdly gay. If you just play like normal than it's probably worse than Battlefield. The boat would probably be MKs worst stage if it was by itself, then the whole horizontal place is just smashville with more platforms/walkoff. The vertical part is the only place that MK gets an edge and you can just run away from him on that part. If anything Rainbow cruise just tests your vertical spacing/timing and without that he's not really good on it...

[FBC] ESAM

Smash Legend
70% of smashers agree MK is amazing on RC...but 75% of smashers are ******** when it comes to logic.

There are 3 parts of the Rainbow Criuse: The boat, the rising part, and then the top. 2 of those parts are terrible for MK (The boat and the top). That leaves the rising part where MK is amazing because he can shark the hell out of you.

Oh wait, any character with decent jumps can get ahead of MK and just stay really high, OR stay on the ground and don't let up your position. That little thing at the very bottom has 2 ledges, folks. If MK is on the right side, be on the left side. His aerial movement sucks and you know when you are in range of a shuttle loop...so just run off the side and FF air dodge to get below him, or go all the way up to the blocks at the top of the pendulum. MK can't really **** with you there.

On the top MK can dair camp the platforms...but he has to come down some time because of the reset. Stay on the right side of MK and force him to combat you as the stage is going down. If he is going for the donuts, you can easily tell and dash in and hit him.

You guys act like he is a god without really analyzing what he is good on at the stage...running away. If people played RC right AGAINST MK, every match should be going to time since MK is stalling out the 1st and 3rd part while every other character wants to stall out the 2nd part.

Right Halzy?

[FBC] ESAM

Smash Legend
Just because you as a player have the inability to be patient for 8 minutes and play the way you are supposed to doesn't make the stage better for others.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom