• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The New DK Video Thread - New Format!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
what do you mean stretched? they are just like my other ones

edit: if you mean wide screen looking then yes, they were recorded in widescreen because it gives the appearance of playing faster

Ragnar0k

Smash Master
It looks like the wii's settings weren't set for widescreen even though it was recorded/played that way. You can tell because at the character select screen the characters go all the way to the edges, but if you change brawl's settings to widescreen then it doesn't do that.

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
It looks like the wii's settings weren't set for widescreen even though it was recorded/played that way. You can tell because at the character select screen the characters go all the way to the edges, but if you change brawl's settings to widescreen then it doesn't do that.
it was recorded in wide screen, it was not played in wide screen

Ragnar0k

Smash Master
Will after watching your videos at school I realized you're probably the only other DK I've seen that goes offstage besides me.

DKwill

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3497-1934-6087
Will after watching your videos at school I realized you're probably the only other DK I've seen that goes offstage besides me.
Lmfao I would spend most of the match off the stage if I could always put my opponent there xD

For some reason people don't see the aggressive offstage play coming, I guess we got that going for us =)

D0N

Smash Ace
Guys, you just HAVE to watch these vids. Or at least the 1st one listed up to the 1st kill. DK 4 ways are too much fun, especially when your all moss kong :laugh:. Don't critique, enjoy.

EDIT:Just hold on a sec though, they uploaded wrong...

EDIT2: Ok this one works now ill do the rest later

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iTsQ9N2UZOQ

Tujex

Smash Ace
am i any good with this character at all

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GWnDrIlyqKQ
Yeah...you need some work, lol.

I didn't watch much but I a LOT of mistake (and I'm not even one of the pros around here).

DK's spacing game is his biggest asset. You approached with Upsmash, which is a no-no. His tilts work just fine, DownB outranges nearly anything someone can throw at you, and grounded UpB has to be one of the best approached in the game IMO. You were full-jumping your aerials against a grounded opponent....why? I don't think any character benefits from that....do they? If so, I could see that being a bad habits from your main carrying over but otherwise... Not nearly enough Bair's. You Fair'd on stage...which I had to learn is never a good idea. Even if you know it will hit, there are better options. To many dash attacks...not saying its a bad move...but there are better options.

You chased an airborne opponent with UpB....that's a no-no. Uair works perfectly in air and pretty good on ground...that should be you're aerial of choice when chasing an airborne opponent. With Fair being saved for kills, and Dair when the opp presents itself for a spike. Of course Bair is always an option, but when they're floating that high up, Uair is usually the way to go.

But like I said....I'm no pro. Someone else could tell you better.

mobilisq

Smash Ace
yeah ness has a fun air game

translates into pretty much any other character i play

daisho

Smash Lord
Things to avoid:
Predictable, poorly spaced, back air approaches
Way too many on stage Dairs
Unsafe charging
low percent smashing
Spotdodge/airdodging when they are charging a smash (HUUUUGE NONO)
Significant lack of mindgames (I really suffer from this also)
Random repetition of tilts.

Try doing things like run off stage to DJ bair, or SH bair DJ retreating bair
At the end I saw a couple of running up bs, that was good. Against MK jumping isn't fun cause you will get nadod by anyone who knows the matchup well.
Also walking and F tilting is pretty helpful in most cases against MK.
And don't just throw out random smashes hoping that they will run into it, chances are they won't and if they do it's just by chance. Your one kill was extremely lucky.
Also mind the percent. At the end you were just charging and f smash when an f tilt which has more range and is much safer would have killed him too.
Also I noticed at one point you were up tilting facing towards him. This is a bad idea, turn around if you want to use it.

Hope that helps.

Technodeath

Smash Champion
it will help lol.

i've got to improve my game, the best way to do it is by asking for tips. i shall take note of everything you've listed and try to work and fix myself on it. this was the first time i had played DK in a while, seeing as my ganon didnt do too well in the first round. i dont have too much matchup experience with anyone but marth, wario and ike seeing as my friends only main them etc. but no johns, i got *****.

thanks Daisho.

anyone else able to build on what Daisho has said? if not thanks again

crifer

Smash Lord
Really liked the cv.
Some shield breaks were stupid (I mean really stupid) by some opponents,
but I really loved the double shield break against falco.

DKwill

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3497-1934-6087
Haha epic combo video Te-Jay!! Really enjoyed that a lot =) There are definitely some mindgames in there that I'd like to start trying. I agree with ook that n-air to headbutt was very nice. Awesome job for your first combo vid ^_^

Here are a few new vids of me from Bum's tournament in the Bronx. Warning: I get absolutely decimated by Koolaid, but it's ok bc I am looking for critiques from you guys to help me out. Oh, and Round 3 vs Pat G on Smashville is my new combo video lolol.

Will (DK) vs Koolaid (Pit) 1
Will (DK) vs Koolaid (Pit) 2

Will (DK) vs Pat G (ZSS) 1
Will (DK) vs Pat G (ZSS) 2
Will (DK) vs Pat G (ZSS) 3

DKwill

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3497-1934-6087
So you do you guys have any tips for fighting Pit? I was thinking a lot about it, and came to the conclusion that pivot charge canceling/headbutting away to get back to the stage with b-airs ,while saving your jump, might be the best way to recover against him.

I don't normally do that though bc I like f-air spiking so much, but it's safe to say that f-air does absolutely nothing to Pit's arrows lol.

I think recovering like that would also keep him from going for the dropzone shield gimp on our up-b, since if his timing is off he will eat a b-air. Also even if b-air is reflected, it turns us back around again and gives us the better magnets to grab the edge with up-b. What do you guys think?

Chaosgriffin

Smash Ace
I think that would work well, it would somewhat prevent getting hit by arrows offstage as well, but not all of them. Also if we are facing away from the stage and use bairs it would prevent use from getting gimped easily.

What I do when I fight pits (which is often) I bair the ledge the immediately up b to the ledge. That way it is really really hard for the Pit to gimp us with mirror shield, since the time between bair and up b is very small.

fyi: every move on the ground that we have cancels out arrows, except grab and down b.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom