• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The New DK Video Thread - New Format!

Status
Not open for further replies.

DKwill

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3497-1934-6087
Hey guys, not sure if you guys saw the blog I wrote yet concerning the tournament I attended this past weekend, so here it is one more time. If you go to the bottom there are individual links to all of the matches played- both tournament and friendlies.

The Game Table in Mineola, NY 1/09/10- Brawl 1v1 Tournament (hosted by e_Lounge)

Here are the videos of me from the tournament, I ended up coming in first woooo! My first tourney victory since I don't remember when lolol.

Money Matches:

CJT (R.O.B.) vs Will (DK) 1
CJT (R.O.B.) vs Will (DK) 2

Eli and Dark.Pch vs Kirin and Will 1
Eli and Dark.Pch vs Kirin and Will 2
Eli and Dark.Pch vs Kirin and Will 3

Tournament Sets:

Mike G (G&W) vs Will (DK) 1
Mike G (G&W) vs Will (DK) 2

Winners Finals

Dark.Pch (Peach) vs Will (DK) 1
Dark.Pch (Peach) vs Will (DK) 2
Dark.Pch (Peach) vs Will (DK) 3
Dark.Pch (Peach) vs Will (DK) 4
Dark.Pch (Peach) vs Will (DK) 5

Grand Finals

Set 1

Will (DK) vs Tiny (Snake) 1.1
Will (DK) vs Tiny (Snake) 1.2
Will (DK) vs Tiny (Snake) 1.3
Will (DK) vs Tiny (Snake) 1.4
Will (DK) vs Tiny (Snake) 1.5

Set 2

Will (DK) vs Tiny (Snake) 2.1
Will (DK) vs Tiny (Snake) 2.2
Will (DK) vs Tiny (Snake) 2.3
Will (DK) vs Tiny (Snake) 2.4

D0N

Smash Ace
Your still listed as mitsurugi... but dont forget to update your main page sometime.

I did get to see that teams thing you were talking about btw, good stuff

crifer

Smash Lord
Hey guys, not sure if you guys saw the blog I wrote yet concerning the tournament I attended this past weekend, so here it is one more time. If you go to the bottom there are individual links to all of the matches played- both tournament and friendlies.

The Game Table in Mineola, NY 1/09/10- Brawl 1v1 Tournament (hosted by e_Lounge)

Here are the videos of me from the tournament, I ended up coming in first woooo! My first tourney victory since I don't remember when lolol.

Money Matches:

CJT (R.O.B.) vs Will (DK) 1
CJT (R.O.B.) vs Will (DK) 2

Eli and Dark.Pch vs Kirin and Will 1
Eli and Dark.Pch vs Kirin and Will 2
Eli and Dark.Pch vs Kirin and Will 3

Tournament Sets:

Mike G (G&W) vs Will (DK) 1
Mike G (G&W) vs Will (DK) 2

Winners Finals

Dark.Pch (Peach) vs Will (DK) 1
Dark.Pch (Peach) vs Will (DK) 2
Dark.Pch (Peach) vs Will (DK) 3
Dark.Pch (Peach) vs Will (DK) 4
Dark.Pch (Peach) vs Will (DK) 5

Grand Finals

Set 1

Will (DK) vs Tiny (Snake) 1.1
Will (DK) vs Tiny (Snake) 1.2
Will (DK) vs Tiny (Snake) 1.3
Will (DK) vs Tiny (Snake) 1.4
Will (DK) vs Tiny (Snake) 1.5

Set 2

Will (DK) vs Tiny (Snake) 2.1
Will (DK) vs Tiny (Snake) 2.2
Will (DK) vs Tiny (Snake) 2.3
Will (DK) vs Tiny (Snake) 2.4
good games, will ;-)
You should try to be less predictable if he tries to tech chase you,
and you should try to cargo dthrow him offstage more.
And about your bair approach, you were lucky that he never tried to ftilt you out fo it^^

DKwill

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3497-1934-6087
Thanks for the advice Crifer. I was doing everything I could to try and get Snake to a position I could grab him, it was pretty difficult- but I will look to make sure I get those cargo down throws in.

And I will def make sure to update my original post with these new vids, thanks for reminding me again D0N. lol

crifer

Smash Lord
Thanks for the advice Crifer. I was doing everything I could to try and get Snake to a position I could grab him, it was pretty difficult- but I will look to make sure I get those cargo down throws in.
yeah I know snake has a pretty **** good defense and stage control, it´s hard -.-
btw I liked your patience at the ledge, and I am pretty suprised that so many punches hit him^^

D0N

Smash Ace
Nice vid, 4:00 was a JV 4 stock. Im guessing that match started with 4 stocks. I liked the side-b spikes

MBmoney

Smash Cadet
Nice vid, 4:00 was a JV 4 stock. Im guessing that match started with 4 stocks. I liked the side-b spikes
Yeah, that match was with 4 stocks. However, the match against the Lucario at the end with 2 consecutive 0-deaths was almost a legit JV 4 stock on a 3 stock match but at the very end I hit him while he was charging an aura sphere and took 1% before the match ended.

ZxChrono

Smash Journeyman
Well I'll upload 4 videos later on, 3 vs samus and 1 vs sonic. Got wrecked on the sonic one lol, X is too legit. Wasnt doing what I was supposed to but oh well lol.

D0N

Smash Ace
Uploaded dittos of me and will. It's a MM (3 of 4 are), but I think we had too much fun with it so critiques are welcome but keep that in mind lol. We both make some silly mistakes.

youtube channel = D0N757

ill update my page later since im uploading some older vids too.

They all uploaded at hyper speed for some reason (sound wise) lol... ill fix them later

D0N

Smash Ace
Why am i not listed in the Kong family ? :(
Because you had to make a post that said something like "reserved for vids" when this thread was first made for the creater to list you and create a link. The link goes to your reserved post where you can put up vids in whatever format you want and update as you often as you want.

I have no idea if Hinoarashi still comes to these boards to fix a link for you or Mike...

i1337

Smash Ace
Because you had to make a post that said something like "reserved for vids" when this thread was first made for the creater to list you and create a link. The link goes to your reserved post where you can put up vids in whatever format you want and update as you often as you want.

I have no idea if Hinoarashi still comes to these boards to fix a link for you or Mike...
or me. :'(

:dk2:

Tujex

Smash Ace
Aw man, I guess I missed that too when we had that reinvention of the board....

I want a vid section so I can show my developing DK!

Chaosgriffin

Smash Ace
Why am i not listed in the Kong family ? :(

or me. :'(

:dk2:
or me (sad face)

ook

Smash Lord

ook

Smash Lord
lol yes. And at another tourney where I played him, I remember getting him with a cargo upthrow->charged upsmash XD
it must be true

crifer

Smash Lord
DK´s usmash > Ally
whenever you need freaking Ally to die: get him up, charge usmash to the max.
= win

If it would be that easy xD

DKwill

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3497-1934-6087
LOL you guys like? There's more where that came from- as soon as NinjaLink finally (or ever) uploads me + Rookie vs DM + Shadow from PolyBrawl 4.

So far Will + Blackanese (DK + G&W) and Will + Rookie (DK + Fox) have taken DM + Shadow (MK + MK) to game 5 in winners finals. Next time I'm going all the way ^_^

Silfa

Smash Ace
tell silfa to watch all those games I have of me vs. legan. it should help him out
Yeah, Scabe told me about them a while and I never had a proper look at them. I haven't really thought about the link matchup in months and in that time Scabe has become a monster.

Also, lol and Will's vid. too good.

Big O

NNID
BiiigOOO
I'm just going to point out a few things I noticed. In the first two games vs. diddy, I think you shielded in his face a bit too much and more importantly too long. I also think you could have been a little more proactive while diddy was offstage. I'm sure if you worked on those two things you would have done much better (I personally think you would've won if you addressed those two points). Also that peanut gimp was pretty stupid. I hate when stuff like that happens to me. It probably wouldn't have happened if you edge stalled more efficiently though. Don't stall while he is standing in that certain spot next time. The match vs. Wario was really nice though so kudos for beating him (on Norfair too lol).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom