• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The N64 Fanclub

EverAlert

Smash Master
NNID
EVAL89
3DS FC
2664-2214-3431
**** yeah, a thread so we can discuss the most epicest console ever without derailing other threads. <3

Topic of discussion: PILOTWINGS, with a side of OMFG FARSIGHT XR20 IS SO ****ING BROKEN.

I'll update this with a list of players if people want to do that.

Let's get this thing going, guise. :3

D.J Cat

Smash Lord
I just started playing Pilotwings from the start earlier this year.
Didn't get very far, got distracted I guess.
BUT, good memories.
Great scenery, feeling of freedom, the HUGE levels (little states or whatever it was called. Amazing!) And the music. Oooh! Just got it in my head now. Cheers. :)

Browny

Smash Hater
now i have to go hook up my n64 again... I think i got 100/100 on every stage except the 2 of the final missions, like 98/99 or something :)

Goose was the superior character btw

Sirias

Smash Champion
Oh my gard you know what I wanna play?
An N64 game.
But I don't know which one.

Played so many.
But not enough.
Need more games of which I should play...

I wanna play Ocarina of Time... </3...

Sieg

Smash Champion
I wanna play Pod Racer again.

I was so pro at that game lol.

I'd break my engines just to get that awesome fire effect and still win races.

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
My Wii has:
Pokemon Puzzle League
Smash 64
Lylat Wars
I think I have Ocarina of Time, I can't remember.

I have a cartridge of Pod Racer, and I need to find my Pokemon stadium.

Pokemon stadium is probably the one N64 game that I played the most.

tibs7

Smash Champion
i only just finished pokemon stadium 2 little cup R2 with just rental pokemans its sooo hard....

but yes condog raises a fair point about banjo kazooie and tooie, 2 great games.
im kinda playing ocarina of time atm, but i never played pilotwings, just didnt look so fun to me......

C~Dog

Smash Champion
Holy crap I forgot about Zelda! =O

Play Ocarina of Time and Majoras Mask right noooooooooooooooooow!!!!!!!

SummonerAU

Smash Lord
Upending and arranging all the games in my old Xbox case got this

There's more somewhere but I'd have to look for them.

EDIT: Multiple copies are stacked

Ant1

Smash Ace
Did anyone ever finish all the challenges in Perfect Dark solo?
I think i could never do challenge 28/27? and 30, they were both king of the kill vs darksims. I remember getting real close on 28. I finished every challenge but those too, and i did every level on the hardest difficulty.
WAR on the hardest difficulty is extremely hard to do:mad:

The best thing about podracer was using the debug menu. And changing ur vehicles stats so that u went at like 999 miles per hour. Then put on that autopilot cheat, and get sick watching the screen move so fast. Also make ur podracer be heaps high off the ground lol.

Browny

Smash Hater
I can play this on piano now :D
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0lEWE1PZWfk

need moar epic n64 musics... So far I can play (with varying degrees of success lol)

Angry Aztec (DK64)
Mad Monster Mansion Boss, Rusty Bucket Bay (Banjo Kazooie)
Weldars Theme (Banjo Tooie)
Final Bowser Battle (SM64)
Gerudo Valley (Oot)
Great Mighty Poo (CBFD)
Star Wolf (Lylatwars)

ideas please :p

Dino63

Smash Journeyman
Yay 64 thread, Best console ever
well I'm got the old 64 but I don't have a controller that has a decent control stick
but I will replace some of them next time i go Qld or I get them delivered.

Top games:
Goldeneye, Perfect Dark, ISS64, Puzzle League, Stadiums 1 and 2, Lylat Wars, Mario Parties
and not Smash 64 (there is at least 40 better 64 games than smash 64, Bob I have now challenged make this list, do it)

Ugly Man

Smash Apprentice
Did anyone ever finish all the challenges in Perfect Dark solo?
I think i could never do challenge 28/27? and 30, they were both king of the kill vs darksims. I remember getting real close on 28. I finished every challenge but those too, and i did every level on the hardest difficulty.
I did, every one. Mind you, I finished the single player campaign with a mate of mine on the night it launched. Not bad for thirteen.

Ocarina of Time and Majora's Mask both tie for best game I've ever played. MM was the better game from a technical standpoint. The town was better, the quest played better, time travel was so god**** awesome you couldn't store anything flammable near the TV, yet the OoT story and world were just so **** epic.

C~Dog

Smash Champion
Ocarina of Time and Majora's Mask both tie for best game I've ever played. MM was the better game from a technical standpoint. The town was better, the quest played better, time travel was so god**** awesome you couldn't store anything flammable near the TV, yet the OoT story and world were just so **** epic.
Hmm, i dunno i like MM more. I actually liked the story in majoras mask far more that ocarina. You got to know the characters more, even the npcs, and it just made things so much more satisfying when you solved their problems. Also, it was more emotionally touching than OoTs. Oh err...In a strictly manly way of course. >_>

D.J Cat

Smash Lord
(Lol bomb) J-Bomb! Surely some relation to J-Birds.

Blast Corps.
There is nothing quite like doing powerslides.
In a dump truck.
On the Moon.

SOOO many strong multiplayer games. Better than dem Smash games too.

EDITL Snowboard Kids.

Ant1

Smash Ace
I remember as a little kid, we hired snowboard kids. When we had to take it back to the video store i cried and cried. The game was THAT GOOD!!

Blast corps was fun, but getting platinum ranks on every stage borders on impossible. Especially in the racing levels. Who else remembers that stage, where ur in the desert, and the nuclear truck is coming down on train tracks, ur in the dump truck, and right at the end, u have to push explosives into this building. God**** that level was hard, ONE screwup at the end and it's like over.

Aussierob123

Smash Champion
Diamond sands. That level was HARD as ****. you play the WHOLE stage perfectly up to the VERY last building and cant push the bombs into it properly, or you missed a sideswap just before it and youre like **** START OVER!

Afropony

Smash Lord
Anyone like Diddy Kong Racing 64? I've spent a lot of time on that game:)

Zelda games are good, I like hitting the chickens and then they run after you lol. The Banjo games are good too, it's a shame that Microsoft bought Rareware.
I also enjoyed the DK64 game but I never finished it:( 201 bananas is way to hard.

xXArrowXx

Smash Champion
i am still waiting for snow board kids 3... :<

yeah had some epic times on the old n64
starfox, smash, blastcorps, soccer... cant remember wat else i had.. probably half of dj's collection =P

Ant1

Smash Ace
Anyone like Diddy Kong Racing 64? I've spent a lot of time on that game:)

Zelda games are good, I like hitting the chickens and then they run after you lol. The Banjo games are good too, it's a shame that Microsoft bought Rareware.
I also enjoyed the DK64 game but I never finished it:( 201 bananas is way to hard.
The real challenge was getting every single banana on each stage!
We could never find them all, but we got 201 bananas.
Diddy Kong Racing was quite challenging near the end. Most N64 games were hard to finish and lasted ages. Something that u don't see in the next-gen games.

No one ever got to Rank 1 in Perfect Dark. I remember hearing when u got to rank 1, u got given a website address :O My method of getting higher ranks, was play 1v1, vs human opponent, 1 kill to win, starting weapon farsight. As soon as it starts 1 hit kill ur opponent and u got all 4 medals.

Ant1

Smash Ace
Pokemon snap, such a wierd game but had some really cool elements. Never bought the game only played it as a rental. I have some good memories of that game though.

Tony Hawls pro skater 2 was a fair awesome game also.

Afropony

Smash Lord
The real challenge was getting every single banana on each stage!
We could never find them all, but we got 201 bananas.
Diddy Kong Racing was quite challenging near the end. Most N64 games were hard to finish and lasted ages. Something that u don't see in the next-gen games.

No one ever got to Rank 1 in Perfect Dark. I remember hearing when u got to rank 1, u got given a website address :O My method of getting higher ranks, was play 1v1, vs human opponent, 1 kill to win, starting weapon farsight. As soon as it starts 1 hit kill ur opponent and u got all 4 medals.
Bah! Diddy Kong Racing was easy at the end, I reckon I could beat it with my eyes closed.

Browny

Smash Hater
No using TT allowed :p

hes so broken lol. hopefully we can have a DKR tournament at this months SG lan, hes definitely bannable. Im not sure about Drumstick though, I know hes very good but bannable might be a bit much :/

Afropony

Smash Lord
TT is easily the best when using the car and the hovercraft if you "snake" properly, Drumstick is just as good with the plane because he gets extra long boots when you go over the zippers. or through the plane booster things.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
Perfect Dark was awesome simply for being able to mess with the cutscenes. throw mines ahead, activate the cutscene and watch as they don't care about being blown up.

Or laptop guns...

COUNTER-OP WAS THE BEST THING EVAR

Ant1

Smash Ace
Perfect Dark was awesome simply for being able to mess with the cutscenes. throw mines ahead, activate the cutscene and watch as they don't care about being blown up.

Or laptop guns...

COUNTER-OP WAS THE BEST THING EVAR
OMG u've like triggered all these fond memories of Perfect Dark.
I remember putting mines on people's faces, and i mean a TON of mines on them, then lol at the cutscenes, or put like arrows in their heads lol.

bylim5

Smash Journeyman
Perfect Dark? Never played that game...

I do miss Snowboard Kids, that was one amazing game. Has anyone play Beetle Adventure Racing? That game is really epic, especially 4 player battles as they were hilarious.

Ant1

Smash Ace
Perfect Dark? Never played that game...

I do miss Snowboard Kids, that was one amazing game. Has anyone play Beetle Adventure Racing? That game is really epic, especially 4 player battles as they were hilarious.
I played that game, it definitely was epic, some of the shortcuts in some levels were really hard to pull off but where cool.
I doubt anyone still has that game though, i only ever played it as a rental.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
We all raced to try and get Slash or the other non-blob male character. Always pittied the poor guy who got stuck with Nancy, lol

EverAlert

Smash Master
NNID
EVAL89
3DS FC
2664-2214-3431
Snowboard Kids is too goodz.

I remember being owned up in QLD because the first character I chose was super slidey and it was impossible to control them. And then choosing Slash, and Dino calling out "Slash, do this!" I . was wondering who Slash was and then realised he was talking to me, haha. D:

Hawt ****, fun times.

bylim5

Smash Journeyman
I remember in SBK Tommy Parsey had the most annoying voice ever!! "ooo ooooo"
ANyway Linda and Slash are just too good. SOmeone should organise an N64 meet w/ snowboard kids. It'll be epic.

I played that game, it definitely was epic, some of the shortcuts in some levels were really hard to pull off but where cool.
I doubt anyone still has that game though, i only ever played it as a rental.
When it came out, i knew many people who bought it so its probably hiding in their collection because its [apparently] good and not in some 2nd hand store.
oh, but you know, you could get Daniel to try to buy one from gametraders if they have it, and get me one in the process =p

Browny

Smash Hater
I shall visit GT tomorrow in a 3 hour uni break (zzzzz)
hopefully SK is there lol, buy it just for the SG retro lan :p

Top Bottom