• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The N64 Fanclub

Dekar289

Smash Hero
No using TT allowed :p

hes so broken lol. hopefully we can have a DKR tournament at this months SG lan, hes definitely bannable. Im not sure about Drumstick though, I know hes very good but bannable might be a bit much :/
in dkr you go heaps faster if you repeatedly press a, rather than simply hold it down.

competitive diddy kong racing? no.

Browny

Smash Hater
yeah i know lol i was playing it recently and its clearly not suitable for competition. I think DKR >> mario kart 64 in all aspects except when used in competition... even though the notion of competitive mario kart is a joke in itself, at least everyone can play it and have a chance of winning without having to know every course like the back of your hand :p

l3oOkeR

Smash Ace
Bob and i Will take anyone in tag team Diddy Kong racing match. **** will be handed directly to you.

Oh and my fav N64 games

San Fransisco Rush
Cruise n USA
Diddy Kong Racing
Mario Kart 64 (still think im pretty pro at this)
South Park (the FPS Love shack and Rally)
Blast Corps

Afropony

Smash Lord
DKR64 tournament at Rocky?
People can ban 8 stages but if you if you ban Ancient Lake, car then the person can still CP with Ancient Lake hover if they want to.
best of 5 and for finals it could be 7 and with the first match you could have 5 stages (one for each world) and you take turns striking them.

Browny

Smash Hater
nah i think dkr would suck if used in a tournament. theres a variety of problems I can see with it already.
things such as; clearly advantaged characters across almost every single course. if you dont use TT, you will lose. if TT is banned, drumstick becomes the next best by a decent margin.
Inability to catch up to whoever gains the lead first if they are a good player.
ganging up on certain players is considerably easier than in mario kart.
course knowledge is everything... if you havent played it recently, you cant hope to beat someone who plays it the night before

As a serious tournament which was held while dkr was popular it wuold be fine, but as a retro style game tournament, no.

l3oOkeR

Smash Ace
Its easy.

TT/Drumstick banned

Stages are played in order till you have gone through ALL of them. Choice of 2 Characters.

And whats this about if you havnt played someone who plays it the night before will have an advantage?
WELL DERRRRRR! Thats like every game. Current or old

xXArrowXx

Smash Champion
dat mouse charater was pretty pro 2...
cant half the game just being who can select TT the fastest... XD
or maybe u do time trial and rank the players.. TT goes to the slowest XD

Afropony

Smash Lord
theres a cheat code that lets more then one person select a character. So you could have 4 TT's racing at the same time.

I think the best way to do it would be in time trial mode. Also T.T. is the fastest character, the only thing it isn't the best at is handling and the winner of that is Pipsy and Tiptup (the mouse and turtle).

Browny

Smash Hater
WELL DERRRRRR! Thats like every game. Current or old
riiiiight

because playing smash the night before a tournament gives you a huge advantage to those who didnt.

I mean for those people who havent played it recently. Like I can enter mario kart wii tournaments and place quite well even though I dont know the courses 100% and every single shortcut. If i was to play DKR, with the endless shortcuts in each course and various Zippers which are near impossible to see unless you know exactly where they are beforehand (does not apply for planes obviously)... I would have an enormous advantage over someone who may have only played it like, 12 months ago

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
I agree with both of you, Booker is right playing it before gives you an advantage no matter what the game, (just some more than others but still) especially if the other player hasn't played in 12 months (bit extreme there dude).

this is even more prominent in any racing game, theres no substitute for knowing the course intimately.
racing theory, learn it ;)

that being said I know next to nothing about dkr.

xXArrowXx

Smash Champion
just ban sercet character like we ban them in snowboard kids..
also that character hax sounds cool.

i might come to rocky to play in this dkr tourny.. even tho i was never really good at dkr.. but i was ok.. got time to practice i guess...

needs goldeneye tourny aswell

Sieg

Smash Champion
I agree with both of you, Booker is right playing it before gives you an advantage no matter what the game, (just some more than others but still) especially if the other player hasn't played in 12 months (bit extreme there dude).

this is even more prominent in any racing game, theres no substitute for knowing the course intimately.
racing theory, learn it ;)

that being said I know next to nothing about dkr.
If you want racing theory come watch me play Tak in Initial D when we're at the arcade at Rocky lol.

There's no advantage in a racing game unless you make it an advantage.

If you don't wanna learn a track, then you lose the race.

EverAlert

Smash Master
NNID
EVAL89
3DS FC
2664-2214-3431
If we were to run a DKR tourney at Rocky (which would be AWESOME because it's a hella fun game), I don't think it needs to be taken so seriously. Simply ban the broken *** character/s (TT, possibly Drumstick), ban some silly stages such as that castle/sewers one with the moat that goes up when someone drives under the bell. And enable that cheat to allow characters to be chosen by more than one person lulz.

As long as we don't take it as seriously as, say, Smash, a few bans here and there to even things out should be fine.

Also - saying the person who played the game the night before will have an advantage over the person who last played it a year ago is a given. The person who plays the game constantly is going to have an advantage over the person who only played it the night before. Like Billy said, it applies to any game. It is a simple concept - the better-practiced person will win. It's a non-issue.

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
If you want racing theory come watch me play Tak in Initial D when we're at the arcade at Rocky lol.

There's no advantage in a racing game unless you make it an advantage.

If you don't wanna learn a track, then you lose the race.

oh god yes, I am so playing you guys in ID, although I'm only good at versions 2 and 3, I havnt really gotten into 4 and now theres a 5 as well :dizzy:

l3oOkeR

Smash Ace
**** OFF with banning Boulder Canyon (bell level) I **** on that stage hard. If your not fast enough to beat the bell then GG to you. TT and Drumstick ban, race every track in order person can select 2 characters at the start of the game that can be picked from at the start of every stage. Person with the most wins at the end. wins!

And The advantage thing. like i said it counts for every game. I played the **** out of smash when it first come out. Now i pick it up and play it when a tournament is on thats it. So i put myself at a disadvantage in every tournament. Now that you know there is a DKR tournament, you can either not play it and have no advantage or start playing it like the rest of us will and become all badass at it. The fact that you might not have played it in 12 months is irrelevant now that you know about it.

EverAlert

Smash Master
NNID
EVAL89
3DS FC
2664-2214-3431
But Billy, Boulder Canyon is just silliness, what with the logs and the bridge and the hnnnng uncomptitivityness of it. :(

Guise we should totally run a Battle Mode side tourney. :D

... I wish my DKR would actually work. ;_;

Smash 64 is like the only 64 game I have that works now, sadly. And that's not even mine lol. Oh well, at least I'm getting fairly consistent with SHDL and Shine Cancelling...

ComboTurtle

Smash Lord
If we were to run a DKR tourney at Rocky (which would be AWESOME because it's a hella fun game), I don't think it needs to be taken so seriously. Simply ban the broken *** character/s (TT, possibly Drumstick), ban some silly stages such as that castle/sewers one with the moat that goes up when someone drives under the bell. And enable that cheat to allow characters to be chosen by more than one person lulz.

As long as we don't take it as seriously as, say, Smash, a few bans here and there to even things out should be fine.

Also - saying the person who played the game the night before will have an advantage over the person who last played it a year ago is a given. The person who plays the game constantly is going to have an advantage over the person who only played it the night before. Like Billy said, it applies to any game. It is a simple concept - the better-practiced person will win. It's a non-issue.

items are dumb in this game it'd have to be time trial else you can slick the zippers n **** and its gg also regardless i'd still like to play afro on any kart stage as im real good with the karts from playing mario kart but yeah no items, or time trial

xXArrowXx

Smash Champion
... no time trial ... ide rather drive home so boring.. where is the upset.. where is the bs.. where is the stimutanous play ~_~
no tension bah

ill do mariokart but with items and all players.. even computers =D
wario staduim last stage always.

l3oOkeR

Smash Ace
ROFL at Time Trial ideas and taking the weapons off.

And ComboTurtle. I might take you up on that

Afropony

Smash Lord
I'll play you on SC (Star City right?) if you want, in my prime days I could lap the TT you had to verse to get TT on this stage:). I'm not sure how I would go now.

Also E_Alert, the trick to beat the logs is to go around them ;)

ComboTurtle

Smash Lord
I'll play you on SC (Star City right?) if you want, in my prime days I could lap the TT you had to verse to get TT on this stage:). I'm not sure how I would go now.

i'll play any kart stage itll be fun. i hate hover though.

EverAlert

Smash Master
NNID
EVAL89
3DS FC
2664-2214-3431
lawl it's not that they're hard to deal with, it's just that they contribute to the overall gayness of the track. :p

edit: I should really stop calling all levels in all games stages, dat smash...

Top Bottom